Erick

access to inputs

Erick    220
Erick

from attention-deficit-disorder

For Artisans, 5 inputs is “natural”, but there is a tendency to “cut off” at least two inputs, so as to “fit in”. When this is not done, or the inputs are accessed freely in contrast against accommodation, ADD is then seen in these fragments as well.

do sages also cut off access to inputs to better fit in. is this cutting off temporary or a blocking of an ability, and atrophies with lack of use. are fragments that cut off access to inputs able to re-enable them for use later. how and when is this done.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Christina Lily Pedersen    1,471
Christina Lily Pedersen

Huh. I had understood that the inputs could NOT be "cut off" no matter what.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Bibi    386
Bibi
1 hour ago, Christina Lily Pedersen said:

Huh. I had understood that the inputs could NOT be "cut off" no matter what.

I would guess that since it is always the Personality that is in the driver seat and not the Essence, so if the Personality cannot process all those inputs, this can form some type of blockage to protect the Personality not to go crazy. But when the Personality learns to deal with it, then the connection to all the inputs can be restored any time. The Essence will always be there, patiently waiting with all the inputs.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Christina Lily Pedersen

Hmm! Very interesting, Bibi :D

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Bibi    386
Bibi
2 minutes ago, Christina Lily Pedersen said:

Hmm! Very interesting, Bibi :D

Rather logical, no? ☺️ I don´t mean that it is deliberate or conscious, it just means how much the Personality can "bear". The Essence will not force anything. The Personality makes mostly semi-conscious choices how much Essence is being manifested. If the input is too much, the Personality can "reject" it or "cut it off". It comes down whether the Personality and the Essence are in tune and how much of it is manifested (see 4th IM themes).

"In most cases, those who are diagnosed inaccurately are either Artisans, Artisan Cast, Artisan ETs, or with an emphasis of Overleaves on the Expression Axis (especially Artisan-related Overleaves)."

I can imagine that it can be hard for Artisans to sort the 5 inputs out. Sometimes, it is easier to tone it down or temporarily "cut it off".

• LIKE/LOVE 1

ClaireC    1,469
ClaireC

@ErickThanks for the above link to ADD.  I hadn't seen it before, but I agree that ADD is driven by the Chief Features.  My husband, a Scholar-Cast Server, had a classic case of ADD, and his CFs were Self-dep and Arrogance.  He was constantly distracted by everything in an attempt to avoid "himself".  

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Christina Lily Pedersen

@Bibi: Well, yes, but it wouldn't be logical to choose a Role with certain assets, and then be able to turn them off. We also can't choose a lower Frequency if Personality felt like it ... and so forth ..

But, as I said, I don't know. 

I am an Artisan, though, and don't feel like the choice is there for me :) I'd love to be able to shut one or two down on occasion :)

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Janet    4,552
Janet

I asked Michael about blocking Artisan inputs based on that question about ADD. Their response is in my session posted in the study library: Artisanness

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Luciana Flora    798
Luciana Flora

A question . When it comes to inputs, is this only valid for the Role, or does it influence the cast as well?

Luciana Flora    798
Luciana Flora

When the Artisan is not able to, or refuses to, or is blocked in the process of infusing life, or bringing to life, that is when Delusion can set in, and the Artisan resorts to fantasy, an internal world of creation that is more alive and vibrant than the experiences of the outer world.

@Janet This part caught my attention in the post that you showed. Because I think I did it.

Those who know me know that I have repeatedly used the phrase: "Fantasy is better than reality."

Because it really seemed to me. If I felt rejected in real life, in fantasy I could be the heroine or the admired one. It looks so much better than anything I could actually achieve. I think the cast has a great influence on a person as well.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Janet    4,552
Janet
8 minutes ago, Luciana Flora said:

A question . When it comes to inputs, is this only valid for the Role, or does it influence the cast as well?

Here is what MIchael told me about how casting works: Impact of casting on role in terms of input

(I asked the question after I heard an Artisan-cast Sage saying that she had eight inputs. Five from the casting and three from the role. I had her beat, since I'm both Artisan and Artisan-cast (lol!), but it just didn't seem right to say they could be added together.)

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Matt    3,127
Matt
1 hour ago, Janet said:

I asked Michael about blocking Artisan inputs based on that question about ADD. Their response is in my session posted in the study library: Artisanness

Thats a great session in that link. I relate to all of it. Especially the bringing things into life, i always call myself an ideas man, and the part about being hard to get past previous wounding. I can say if someone screws me over, i will never forget, thats for sure. Thanks for posting that.