Troy

2017 TLE GREAT GATHERING PRE-REGISTRATION

45 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, PPLD said:

It really sucks @Jana. The thing is that if I could afford it, I would take a chance. But I can't! So until I see a change, I am not planning for it.

It is absolutely crazy how it affects us, no matter where in the world we are or how we look... 

Maybe I'll become a billionaire, buy an island and kidnap the whole Gathering to... hm... to New Zealand!!! So Anna and all the freaking Oldie Sweethearts she has for friends also can come 1f60b.png 

Oh, please become a billionaire!  I so want to go to New Zealand.  After I saw some pictures of NZ, something stirred in me.  If I ever get to go, I may never leave it.  :-o

BTW, I will not be attending either.  Have another travel vacation shortly after that.  We'll be celebrating our 30th Wedding anniversary down in the keys.  Hopefully, all of them.  ;-)

8 people like this

Royce is be there

7 people like this

I need  my yearly four hours being lost in Brooklyn. it just so happens the gathering is close to brooklyn ...so I thought " hey why not? Two birds...one stone" 

8 people like this

I'm ugly crying now 😢😢😢

But also laughing, because you make happy and glad and I miss you all so much (crying again...)

6 people like this

On 2/27/2017 at 7:38 PM, DianeHB said:

This is so fucked up. 1f621.png

On 2/27/2017 at 7:35 PM, PPLD said:

It really sucks @Jana. The thing is that if I could afford it, I would take a chance. But I can't! So until I see a change, I am not planning for it.

It is absolutely crazy how it affects us, no matter where in the world we are or how we look... 

Maybe I'll become a billionaire, buy an island and kidnap the whole Gathering to... hm... to New Zealand!!! So Anna and all the freaking Oldie Sweethearts she has for friends also can come 1f60b.png 

I love the idea of us all going to an island, and maybe even live there

I understand that it's a bit risky flying all the way from Europe and wondering if they will let you in or not, but I am actually from Iran, one of the seven countries, and I am planning to go, so if I feel safe to go, I think you ladies should come too, Jana, we missed you last year.

Hope to see everyone there 

9 people like this

2 minutes ago, Hani said:

I am actually from Iran, one of the seven countries, and I am planning to go, so if I feel safe to go, I think you ladies should come too,

I totally agree Hani. But in my case it is simply about the financial practicality of things, much more than concerns about safety. The investment I have to make, in order to participate, is rather substantial. Hence my reluctance... But nothing is set in stone!!! There's enough time for things to change :) 

6 people like this

14 minutes ago, Hani said:

I love the idea of us all going to an island, and maybe even live there

I understand that it's a bit risky flying all the way from Europe and wondering if they will let you in or not, but I am actually from Iran, one of the seven countries, and I am planning to go, so if I feel safe to go, I think you ladies should come too, Jana, we missed you last year.

Hope to see everyone there 

I've thought about you with all of these Executive Orders.  I don't know if you have the means to do it or not, but if so, you may want to test the waters, especially right now, of just taking a very short excursion across the border to see if you encounter any problems before totally committing.

8 people like this

17 hours ago, Hani said:

Ah Hani, thank you, that is so lovely to hear. I wished I was there last TLEGG, but like Pat, I needed to give my finances a break. And this year is not much easier on them either. It would be magical to see you all again. I know I am not under huge amount of risk in terms of how I look, where I was born and all that crap. It sickens me that any of you have to worry about it, even a little.

@Bobby, I think with testing the waters for Hani, it may depend on the person she will come across, their fucking mood, and any number of random factors. (Not to put anyone off, but it's like that). It may be fine one day, and not another. Sorry I am gloomy, just being realistic here. I was once sent for secondary passport check because I had a suspiciously high amount of days off and been to the US twice that year in short amount of time 🙄. Been thrown into a room with no indication of how long I will be there, whether anybody gives a tiniest shit about me missing a connecting flight, or any sense of control of the situation whatsoever. When finally graciously called, been given a barrage of moronic questions by a robotic idiot. Never had issues before or after, but that day I swore that is the last time I have put myself through that. I did come again since, but it's a huge turn off.

3 people like this

On 3/2/2017 at 3:17 PM, Bobby said:

I've thought about you with all of these Executive Orders.  I don't know if you have the means to do it or not, but if so, you may want to test the waters, especially right now, of just taking a very short excursion across the border to see if you encounter any problems before totally committing.

awe Bobby that's so nice to hear :)

I agree with Jana, it really depends on the day, 2 of my friends who are Canadian Citizens and born in Iran went to US after Trump was elected and had no issue, but who knows....

I am gonna keep my fingers crossed, and ask Essence and guides to make it a smooth border crossing

There are interviews with Canadians who are not from any of the 7 countries and have been rejected entry after Trump's election just because they were wearing hijab 

And as I am writing this, I started wondering if I might not be allowed to enter just to learn a lesson or something...

As Patty said there is still time and hopefully things will change by then

But the idea of missing the gathering is too painful, I miss you guys already and so looking forward to seeing everyone

Can we do the gathering in Canada this year? :)

3 people like this

On 2/28/2017 at 11:54 AM, Lori Abrams said:

Oh, please become a billionaire!  I so want to go to New Zealand.  After I saw some pictures of NZ, something stirred in me.  If I ever get to go, I may never leave it.  :-o

BTW, I will not be attending either.  Have another travel vacation shortly after that.  We'll be celebrating our 30th Wedding anniversary down in the keys.  Hopefully, all of them.  ;-)

Ah Lori, I am gonna miss you (That's if they let me go) I miss you already

But congratulations to you guys, I need relationship advice from you two, you guys are so cute

3 people like this

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:57 PM, Hani said:

Ah Lori, I am gonna miss you (That's if they let me go) I miss you already

But congratulations to you guys, I need relationship advice from you two, you guys are so cute

Awe, Hani, you are the sweetest, for sure.  I will miss seeing you, as well.  And all the other homies that make this fun trek to the Catskills.  I'll be missing a few newbies coming, as well.  Oh well.  It is what it is.

Now, about that relationship advice?  ;-)

OXOXOX

4 people like this

On 1/3/2017 at 1:06 PM, Troy said:

SugarHiccup Edition

I was just wondering if I could make it this year, so came here to check it out and what is the first thing that hits my eye? Your title for this gathering! OMG!!! I wonder if that was Essence telling you something! So....just wanted to make that observation before going back and looking at the possibilities

2 people like this

So @Troy--What's the latest on TLEGG this year?

3 people like this

21 minutes ago, Uma said:

I was just wondering if I could make it this year

Oh Uma, if there's even the slightest possibility for you - DO IT!!!

It's the BEST. THING. EVER.

3 people like this

I'm definitely going to make it if I can swing the money. The dates work. I'll say this--if I win the lottery, I'll happily pay for you to come too!

3 people like this

8 minutes ago, Uma said:

I'm definitely going to make it if I can swing the money. The dates work. I'll say this--if I win the lottery, I'll happily pay for you to come too!

😄 All the things one could do with lottery wins!!!

Well, the thing is - this year I'm not going because of the (at least as it still looks) uncertain situation in the US. If the orange puke gets impeached, I'll be the first to come!!!

1 person likes this

I have the means to go this year, so just want to make sure I can book before it's too late. Not sure if I need to room with someone or what, but let me know the deets! :)

2 people like this

7 hours ago, Heidi said:

I have the means to go this year, so just want to make sure I can book before it's too late. Not sure if I need to room with someone or what, but let me know the deets! :)

So the way this works is that there is a Pre-Registration period, which has already happened, that allows for those who know they want to go to get registered. This also allows Troy to collect a deposit which is required to secure the time period we want the property for.  This has already happened.  What happens next is Open Registration.  If there are any slots left, they will be made available during Open Registration which is in June from what I understand.  I'm pretty sure there are a few left so unless there are a lot of people signing up then, it shouldn't be an issue as far as availability, Heidi.  I hope you get to come.  It will be great meeting you in person :)

3 people like this

On 5/14/2017 at 4:48 PM, PPLD said:

If the orange puke gets impeached, I'll be the first to come!!!

May it be so!

1 person likes this

K, thanks for the heads up on June, @Bobby. I thought it would be earlier. Good to know. I hope to be meeting you all, too!!

2 people like this