ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • TLE is now in updgraded BETA! Check out our new CLUBS under Community! Don't just Like a post, add a Reaction!
Seve

David Hawkins Applied Kinesiology and the Akashic Records

Seve    145
Seve

Has anybody heard of David Hawkins and his work in applied kinesiology? I just finished reading his book, "Power Vs. Force" and I'm wondering if anybody has heard of his work and what they think of it. In the book applied kinesiology is used to access information about the past or present. It cannot be used to access information about the future. It makes me think that for past events the akashic records are being accessed. 

Ingun    2,370
Ingun

I did a one year training in applied Kinesiology with manual muscle testing, in 1992. I learned that the chiropractor George J. Goodheart was the one that started with this treatment or technique in 1964.

I know someone once asked MEntity about Kinesiology and it's relevance, maybe it was @DianeHB ??

Edited by Ingun
Added year...

Seve    145
Seve

If someone could find that session that would be awesome. That is if it's not already on the site.

Maxim    1,943
Maxim

I found Power vs Force to be a fine book.  In it Hawkins suggests most anyone can do muscle testing (more generic term for applied kinesiology).  Later when people were getting different results than he was his followers got kind of cultish and only Hawkins' muscle testing which he called calibrating was acceptable.  I use muscle testing all the time but consider it more an art than a science.  I think Hawkins is probably a priest.  He had certain fixed ideas like belief in god was key and atheists can't reach the same level of awareness, that extraterrestrials don't exist, that Walmart was one of the best retailers in the world, that dolphins had low awareness or consciousness.  When he calibrated his own books they were always at the top of his scale.   There are many videos on youtube that explain how to do muscle testing on yourself.  It can be useful but can be deluding as your own beliefs and fixed ideas can affect results.  When another person applies muscle testing to me I have found sometimes amazing results particularly related to health issues.  With another I think it is easier to get out of your own way.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

John Roth    344
John Roth
21 hours ago, Seve said:

Has anybody heard of David Hawkins and his work in applied kinesiology? I just finished reading his book, "Power Vs. Force" and I'm wondering if anybody has heard of his work and what they think of it. In the book applied kinesiology is used to access information about the past or present. It cannot be used to access information about the future. It makes me think that for past events the akashic records are being accessed. 

Back in the late 70s a group I was with were playing around with it. Didn't know who originated it. I decided to mess with their minds a bit and consciously set an intention to get a certain response to several questions. Much fun!

Muscle testing is the same as any other way of using supposedly "unconscious" physical reactions that are supposedly "beyond your control" to do divination, including using a pendulum, dowsing and others. It's subject to the same kind of interference from strongly held beliefs as any other form of divination, as well as not having access to "The Truth" in any useful fashion.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Maureen    4,921
Maureen

Seve, ditto for what Maxim and John said. I've read most of Dr David Hawkins books, starting with Power vs Force, and attended one of his seminars in Toronto with ClaireC and her sister Helen. He had a real authentic feel to him. I liked how warm , funny and personable he was. He had great eye contact and even came into the audience before the seminar started and shook a few people's hands - mine included. As Maxim said, and I agree, he was likely an Old Soul Priest.

We tried to duplicate his work but could never get the same results as he did. Also, I, and Claire as well, started to question not just the technique but the calibrated numbers he would affix to whatever he was testing. I remember Claire's husband pointing out, at the time, how off his calibrations must be to assign such low numbers to Dolphins and, of course, all the other examples Maxim gave. I think beliefs, Hawkins' beliefs, played a huge part in how the numbers were calibrated. I can also move a pendulum around, at will, so it does lose some of it's objective authenticity when you can do that. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

ClaireC    1,443
ClaireC

As Maureen mentioned above, I was a fan for a number of years and still have his entire series of books, until he calibrated the Republican Party higher than the Democratic Party.  That proved to me how biased and bogus his system was.  

• LIKE/LOVE 3

DianeHB    3,735
DianeHB

I posted my session in the library. I guess it never got transferred over.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Troy    6,002
Troy
1 minute ago, DianeHB said:

I posted my session in the library. I guess it never got transferred over.

It's there, but it's marked as HIDDEN. You may need to make it public if sharing it?

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Troy    6,002
Troy
1 minute ago, Troy said:

It's there, but it's marked as HIDDEN. You may need to make it public if sharing it?

Never mind. For some reason it was in an approval queue. I "approved" it.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

DianeHB    3,735
DianeHB
2 minutes ago, Troy said:

No wonder I had this sense of deja vu as I was re-posting. LOL! 

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Ingun    2,370
Ingun

Thanks Diane for adding your session here.

Quote:

"Because the musculature is something like a catcher's mitt of energy for the body, it can process far beyond the obvious senses, and the synthesis of the senses (intuition), but everything it processes is actually physically-based in some way."

I think I get the point here, but can someone explain the meaning of those two words to me?

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 1

Ingun    2,370
Ingun

Another quote from DianeHB's session:

"Proper use of kinesiology should include a rather lengthy run of tests to set a base for your particular body, in some ways similar to those used for setting a base for lie-detector tests."

In my training we used to do a basic set of around 15 tests or so to clear and balance the body before we would go into any further work. I have so often been thinking about bringing this practice back to into my life again, but I still haven't done anything with it.... I did the whole training during my first pregnancy, so my oldest  kind of got an "imprint" from Kinesiology and it's work through my body from that early on....

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Maxim    1,943
Maxim
1 hour ago, Ingun said:

Thanks Diane for adding your session here.

Quote:

"Because the musculature is something like a catcher's mitt of energy for the body, it can process far beyond the obvious senses, and the synthesis of the senses (intuition), but everything it processes is actually physically-based in some way."

I think I get the point here, but can someone explain the meaning of those two words to me?

Edited by Ingun

Ingun... go to google images and you will see many examples along with some people modeling their use.  It is the glove worn by catchers in baseball who stand behind the batter catching the ball thrown by the pitcher.  It is designed for a lot of impact as the baseball can be pitched at 90 miles per hour.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Seve    145
Seve

Thank you all for your thoughts. I tried testing some friends and wasn't able to get consistent results either.

• LIKE/LOVE 1