ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • TLE is now in updgraded BETA! Check out our new CLUBS under Community! Don't just Like a post, add a Reaction!
Troy

Energy Report: FEBRUARY 2017

Troy    5,992
Troy

ENERGY REPORT

February 2017

2017 OVERLEAVES

ROLE: Priest (emphasized all year)

CENTER: Higher Emotional (emphasized all year)

GOAL: Submission (emphasized Jan - Mar)

MODE: Passion (emphasized Apr - Jun)

ATTITUDE: Realist (emphasized Jul - Sep)

CHIEF FEATURES: Greed (emphasized Oct - Dec)

February brings a doubling down, so to speak, on the Goal of Submission. The Positive Pole of Devotion among those who commit to a cause is still going strong fueled by Compassion of the Priest energy, while the Negative Pole of unquestioning and obedience through Subservience is continuing to further entrench itself into the year, driven by those who have locked into the Zeal of the Priest energy.

One of the primary concerns for our students and those who are contributing to the collective Devotion and Compassion momentum is the concept of Elegance.

The year was launched with a fury and flurry of energy that cannot be sustained. Those pushing the patterns of Subservience and Zeal are likely to discover this sooner than later, but even those with the passion fueling Devotion and Compassion soon discover the “burn out.”

Elegance helps relieve this concern. Elegance is a process of harnessing fury and stretching this out into calmness. Elegance is ingeniousness, simplicity, and pleasure.

In other words, the momentum of Devotion and Compassion must pace itself and begin measures that funnel energy into simplicity, pleasures, and ingenious solutions that make the absolute most of the energy at hand so that energy can replenish to sustain momentum.

Many of our students may have felt the fury and flurry in January, but now feel the stutter and stall. This is one of the reasons many efforts to sustain a Cause to full success can fail. The greater the obstacles related to the Cause, the greater the necessity for Elegance.

What we can suggest then for our students who are participating in the energy of this year is to look for ways to contribute that fulfill one or both of these criteria:

• Simplicity - taking part in a march, a protest, donating money, sharing information, etc. are examples of simplicity. Simplicity in this case means being able to show up without losing yourself. If you are participating in larger scale organization tactics then ensure that delegation is clear and concise so that the effort is spread among many. The point of Simplicity is only that your efforts allow for rest. This is vital.
  • Pleasure - this may seem counter to the state of mind and heart one may have when involved in a Cause, but that is exactly what it is: a state of mind and heart. If you approach a Cause with despair and defeat, your energy is cut by half at the very least. If you approach a Cause with a sense of passion for the aim, a confidence in the effectiveness, a trust in your power and presence, this is pleasure. More importantly, pay attention to the effectiveness of the efforts. Every little pillar of support and ramp of progress is worth acknowledging and celebrating. Let yourself and others know that actions are fulfilling the Cause. In short, give and receive the credit freely and openly. This helps keep your spirits up and generates energy to sustain Devotion and Compassion.

The above may seem overly simplistic and optimistic, but that is because they are. That is the point. One cannot fulfill a Cause by moving forward in dread and despair. This is not to say that dread and despair can be avoided, but that those are not the fuel for a Cause. Feelings of dread and despair are yours to use as you wish, but allow them to stay unhooked from your Cause.

Cry, feel defeated, feel anxious and worried and even hateful, but let that be “on your own time,” so to speak. A Cause that is fueled by Devotion and Compassion tends not to be limited in benefit to a single person, but for the sake of many. Allow your Cause to be fueled by your passion, simply and confidently, while giving yourself the personal space to grieve and recover.

February may be exhausting and daunting at times, but if you can return to Elegance through Simplicity and Pleasure, you may find a new way to use the fuel of your life, and/or access new depths of fuel.

DATES OF INTEREST (dates are approximate):

February 6th - 8th -- ENERGY SHIFT --  POTENTIAL SHOCK -  Our dates of interest are never predictions, only probabilities, so we do not know if this shift will come to form. However, we see a pattern leading to some sort of disruptive shock, surprise, and a bit of chaos over these dates. If this happens on a global scale, it will be known, but if this is more subtle on an individual scale it may show up more obviously at a later date. We will look at this again later in the month with you.

February 26th - March 2nd -- NEXUS - DIVERGENCE - This looks to be one of the first large-scale Divergent Nexus of the year, and from what we can tell it may bring with it the first signs of what may be experienced as Relief. This Divergence looks to be a kind of “exit ramp” for those more interested in extreme versions of this current reality, and removing that element from “here” can help improve morale for many of our students.

HELPFUL THOUGHTS OVER February:

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Super Simple - With all of your angst, anger, fear, terror, frustration, anxiety, dread, and all of your passion, love, intent, consciousness, kindness, compassion, and devotion, you have a lot of energy churning and this can distort your access to the Higher Emotional Center energy of this year that allows you synthesize all of the input from life into some Intuitive sense, and/or sustain a sense of Love with clear heart and vision for your Cause. Remembering to K.I.S.S. can help you to remember that you need affection, rest, and some amount of joy to take back to your Cause, and that it is okay to leave your messier frustrations and fears for your downtime to process.

NOTE: when we speak of your Cause in this year’s reports, we know that not all students will have a declarative Cause for which they stand. In cases where there is no obvious external Cause, we speak in terms of your personal Cause that may be your healing, your recovery, your relationship, your creative projects. A Cause is anything that is important to you that you know brings benefit, value, and pleasure to others. So even if your Cause is quiet, personal, and private, it is likely one that others would benefit from because of you.

• LIKE/LOVE 49

AnnaD    2,283
AnnaD

Oh wow Troy. This is good. Elegance makes so much sense, it is a long term way of sustaining matching the outcomes to the objectives. Thank you for sharing how to show up, over time, and moment by moment. I am afraid that burn out will happen if we don't take the time to balance our causes with rest and recreation. Thank you.

• LIKE/LOVE 15

Lawrence    28
Lawrence

Thanks so much, as always for providing these reports. They are so needed and helpful in this strange moment. Hope you're well and thanks again.

• LIKE/LOVE 13

PeterK    198
PeterK

Troy, thanks for posting. I always look forward to the Energy Reports and often read them several times throughout the month. As we enter February, I don't feel burnt out so much as I feel a lot of nervous energy. As I look back on January, I feel like I spent far more time spinning my wheels than actually accomplishing anything. I have a lot of trouble with falling into distractions and Michael even mentioned that about me recently. So right now I feel like I'm struggling much more with maintaining focus. I don't feel exhausted, but instead scattered.

• LIKE/LOVE 12

DianeHB    3,697
DianeHB

Thank you Troy!! I do feel burned out and this helps so much.

• LIKE/LOVE 11

Sam K    901
Sam K

The one thing that has worried me more than almost anything else is that the intensity of the energies currently at work would tear the country apart.  It heartens me to know that this intensity is not sustainable and that I stand a good chance of ending up in a timeline where an extreme collapse doesn't happen.  Though I suppose if I end up in an extreme parallel, I'll have actually chosen to be there anyway...

• LIKE/LOVE 11

NicholasV    257
NicholasV
1 hour ago, Troy said:

Feelings of dread and despair are yours to use as you wish, but allow them to stay unhooked from your Cause.

This is trickier than you might think, but I am bit-by-bit getting the hang of this! Those feelings of dread and darkness can leave a "residue" which can be difficult to reconcile when attempting to switch to more a passion and devotion oriented mode. For me the real key is in trying to approach it from a "multidimensional" standpoint. Yes there's a part of you that is in darkness, despair, dread, and yes there is a part of you that is in the light, happiness, and joy. Yes these truths are mutually exclusive and yet they can in some way exist simultaneously.

Edited by NicholasV
  • LIKE/LOVE 7

AnnaD    2,283
AnnaD

NicholasV, I reckon the expansive energies of light, happiness, and joy can include those darker energies of darkness, despair and dread. like the positive poles being inclusive of negative poles. Is this how you mean that all energies exist at once? The multidimensional approach is balanced and will keep crappy energies at bay.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

DianeHB    3,697
DianeHB
24 minutes ago, NicholasV said:

For me the real key is in trying to approach it from a "multidimensional" standpoint. Yes there's a part of you that is in darkness, despair, dread, and yes there is a part of you that is in the light, happiness, and joy. Yes these truths are mutually exclusive and yet they can in some way exist simultaneously.

Michael calls this Wholeness.

• LIKE/LOVE 16

NicholasV    257
NicholasV
11 minutes ago, AnnaD said:

NicholasV, I reckon the expansive energies of light, happiness, and joy can include those darker energies of darkness, despair and dread. like the positive poles being inclusive of negative poles. Is this how you mean that all energies exist at once? The multidimensional approach is balanced and will keep crappy energies at bay.

It's a tricky feeling to find, but its a recognition that things exist concurrently to one another. Like everyone's instinctive centers are separate from one another and distinct. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

MelinS    34
MelinS

Elegance at the center of such upheaval and tension -- what a beautiful surprise! I love this reminder to acknowledge the joy that can bubble up when turbulence pushes us out of our shells. Thank you for validating that levity is not a symptom of simplemindedness!

• LIKE/LOVE 11

Bobby    5,341
Bobby
5 hours ago, MelinS said:

Thank you for validating that levity is not a symptom of simplemindedness!

Oh Dear God.  I would sure hope not.  I'd be doomed!  :)

• LIKE/LOVE 19

Erin    238
Erin

Holy cats.  I wrote about feeling burned out just a few hours before this was posted.  Feeling disconnected, but maybe I'm not so detached at all.

I'm going to read this a few more times now. 

" So even if your Cause is quiet, personal, and private, it is likely one that others would benefit from because of you."

I just teared up reading this part.... this so applies to everything I'm feeling and going through.  

Edited by Erin
  • LIKE/LOVE 17

Lori Abrams    260
Lori Abrams

Thank You!  This was reassuring to read.  I've been looking at simplicity, myself.  And delving into some Zen reading.  I've got to do something to feel a bit normal again.  And I've been sick practically the whole month of January.  So, this was very welcoming and validating that what I was really needing for myself and my sanity, I was already looking into, and Michael mentioning.  I will put into practice of limiting myself from facebook, as well. 

K.I.S.S. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Heidi    2,931
Heidi

This report seemed to come just in time. I've been on the brink of some kind of mental breakdown and have been worrying that all my negativity has been spinning me in place. It's good to be reminded that having anxiety and dread and overwhelm doesn't necessarily mean you're not making progress with your cause.

An aside...Did anyone else feel like this was M's way of saying "Hang in there, champ"?  Ha

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Heidi    2,931
Heidi
16 hours ago, Erin said:

Holy cats.  I wrote about feeling burned out just a few hours before this was posted.  Feeling disconnected, but maybe I'm not so detached at all.

I'm going to read this a few more times now. 

" So even if your Cause is quiet, personal, and private, it is likely one that others would benefit from because of you."

I just teared up reading this part.... this so applies to everything I'm feeling and going through.  

I noticed that, too!  And you're not alone. I've been feeling at my wits end with responsiblities lately...add to that, no motivation whatsoever.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Bobby    5,341
Bobby

I think it's important to remember to be proactive about grounding yourself especially during times like this as well as balancing all of your centers.  For most, that would probably involve the Moving Center in some way.  Nature hasn't stopped being beautiful just because things on the political front have turned nasty.  Remember to still take time to to enjoy and appreciate that.  If you find yourself in a busy place with plenty of people, just sit and observe and use your imagination to ponder all of the stories that are there right in front of you.  In other words, remember the Callateral Beauty :)

Here's an example recently that caught my attention that I've already posted on facebook.  I was out doing my walk at our local marina.  The water was perfectly calm.  Note the ironic reminder there?  :)  It was acting as an almost perfect mirror for the cloud patterns above.  There were plenty of people walking about as well but I don't remember seeing anyone in awe of the very beautiful and fleeting  occurance that was right before their eyes had they just taken time to notice and appreciate it.  I did and captured this photo.

Collateral_Beauty.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 25

Mike Cleverly    486
Mike Cleverly

I had a dream that I was sitting in the cockpit of a plane, but was not at the controls. I was observing from a back seat. The plane was supposed to be coming in for a landing, the weather was bad, it was dark, cloudy, and rain was lashing the windows. The co-pilot seemed to be calling out all sort of problems with the aircraft. "Running out of fuel! We're too low! The airport is too far away!" and the Pilot was dismissing all these facts and seemed full of confidence that he would land the plane just fine. It seemed to go on for a long time with the plane narrowly avoiding obstacles, squeezing between buildings and even between trees, skimming rooftops as it went. I was thinking "surely the airport is just beyond this treeline? No, how about beyond this hill? No..."

I don't remember the end. I guess its still flying! I think this is about the plainest (har har!) symbolism you can possibly get. Not many hidden depths to this one! (A bit like POTUS)

Edited by Mike Cleverly
  • LIKE/LOVE 11

Kasia    1,901
Kasia
4 hours ago, Bobby said:

Nature hasn't stopped being beautiful just because things on the political front have turned nasty.

Can that sentence be any more perfect! Such a great reminder, and that photo is one of the most beautiful I've seen you post. Thanks for paying attention. 😍

• LIKE/LOVE 8

DanielaS    3,094
DanielaS
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:10 PM, Troy said:

February 6th - 8th -- ENERGY SHIFT --  POTENTIAL SHOCK -  Our dates of interest are never predictions, only probabilities, so we do not know if this shift will come to form. However, we see a pattern leading to some sort of disruptive shock, surprise, and a bit of chaos over these dates. If this happens on a global scale, it will be known, but if this is more subtle on an individual scale it may show up more obviously at a later date. We will look at this again later in the month with you.

I've been nervously waiting for these next few days and hope that this shift does not "come to form." Every day with Trump has been a day of disruptive shock and chaos. The bar has been raised so whatever this is has to be pretty big.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Cong    1,629
Cong

Although I see this coming for sometime now, I've experience two "shocks" on Saturday and today on a personal level:

Today I received an email from my company lawyer, who warned me of the risk of international travel for H1B visa holders like me. He and other colleagues start to receive reports of much detail questioning and scrutiny for H1B visa holders trying to enter United States. In a few cases, entering were even denied. He also mentioned that the custom officers could potentially check all my mobile devices and laptop to search for evidence of abusing US work permit.

Well, here is the "shock": I am currently travelling for work in Colombia and schedule to be back this Saturday. Am I scared? Not really, as I know my credential is good. Am I concerned about the overall situation going on? Absolutely. An "inconvenience" like this can make me reflect a lot about my choices for the long term future. 

The second "shock" is from my dear task companion ex boyfriend. I received a call from him on Saturday that he's moving to Paris for work this summer, and he and his fiance are getting married on Wednesday Feb 8.

We have been together on and off for 7 of the past 10 years. He probably single handedly set up five out of seven negative poles during my 4th IM and I'm pretty sure we are heart links by now, or we are heart links to begin with in this life. After I moved back to Chicago almost 4 years ago, we briefly explored the possibility of getting back together, but then both moved on to more "challenging" love interests. His now fiance still strictly prohibits communication with me (don't ask me how he managed to call me this weekend), and I started to have fun doing love monad with my essence twin. 

It's such a joyful shock just getting to talk to him after such a long time. And I'm excited for his new gig in Paris. But after I hanged up, I was still a little sadden by the fact that he's moving to a place so far away. Although the chances of me seeing him in Chicago is almost the same as the chances of me seeing me in Paris, I like to think that he's only 15 minutes away.

I will take Michael's advice of keeping it super simple, and to flow with my waves of emotions for now.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Juni    2,064
Juni

I've had a scratchy throat these last couple of days that seems to be ramping up tonight. Why  do these shift or Nexusy things always come with some sort of upper respiratory BS?!

• LIKE/LOVE 2

KurtisM    2,374
KurtisM

@Cong
Ah I forgot about the Energy Shift.
I only have one shock thus far- getting to meet a few of my friends at a restauraunt today after a while of not seeing them- a spontaneous agreement. And in doing so finding out how to drive on my own to a nearby mall.

@Juni

Hah, I'm having that same feeling. Though I came back from a restaurant so maybe it's that.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

MichaelS    1,421
MichaelS
8 hours ago, Juni said:

I've had a scratchy throat these last couple of days that seems to be ramping up tonight. Why  do these shift or Nexusy things always come with some sort of upper respiratory BS?!

I hadn't thought of that but I too have ENT issues atm, with some sort of ear infection/disorder. Maybe there's a connection here? 

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Juni    2,064
Juni
1 hour ago, MichaelS said:

I hadn't thought of that but I too have ENT issues atm, with some sort of ear infection/disorder. Maybe there's a connection here? 

Yeah, my ear is itching as well. It's maddening.