Troy

Energy Report: FEBRUARY 2017

63 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well hello Nexus, nice to see you!

February 26th - March 2nd -- NEXUS - DIVERGENCE - This looks to be one of the first large-scale Divergent Nexus of the year, and from what we can tell it may bring with it the first signs of what may be experienced as Relief. This Divergence looks to be a kind of “exit ramp” for those more interested in extreme versions of this current reality, and removing that element from “here” can help improve morale for many of our students.

And today I see the first tiny glimpses that the Republicans in Congress and the Senate may see a tiny bit of sense:

Republicans baulk at Trump's budget plan (BBC NEWS)

Republicans are lining up against President Donald Trump's proposed budget cuts to the State Department, hours before his address to Congress.

Mr Trump's 2018 budget blueprint reportedly includes a 37% spending cut for the State Department and US Agency for International Development (USAID).

He will set out to convince Congress of his proposal in his first address to a joint session on Tuesday night.

But Republican Senator Lindsey Graham said his plan was "dead on arrival". "It's not going to happen. It would be a disaster. If you take soft power off the table then you're never going to win the war," Senator Graham said.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a slightly less crazy version of reality.. though Trump is still Trump of course!

EDIT:

OH! I should also mention that here in the UK, the first real bump in the road for Prime Minister Theresa May's "Brexit at any cost" plan to leave the EU will likely occur tomorrow, as an amendment to the Bill to trigger the Brexit process is debated and voted on in the House of Lords: 

Government faces Brexit defeat in Lords (BBC NEWS)

It's not that peers are trying to block Brexit. They have been adamant, time and again, that's not their game.

But tomorrow they are voting on a change they are trying to make to the government's Article 50 law (the legal process that will start Brexit), by pushing the government to give guarantees about the future of the three million or so people from other countries in the EU who live here.

May has given very weak assurances about how EU citizens living in the UK will be treated. She says it depends on how negotiations with the EU go. So what if negotiations break down? The EU citizens that I know, and millions of others, are in complete limbo. They don't know if they be allowed to stay here, people are less likely to employ them, families may be split up, children separated from a parent. How can you plan your future when you may be thrown out at short notice? Would you buy a house? Start a relationship? 

As with the US example at the top of the post, this could be the first glimmer of some sanity entering the process.

As they say at the club for one legged optimists who can't spell - We can only hop. 

(Sorry - just watch The Naked Gun 3 movie. Love that kind of dry humour :D ) 

Edited by Mike Cleverly
5 people like this

I like this:

"More than 120 retired generals have signed a letter urging Congress not to cut funding for diplomacy and foreign aid". Whatever and whoever it takes to hinder this clown.

Thanks for adding this article @Mike Cleverly :) 

4 people like this

I was in a  super technologically challenged meeting today when at 11:25, I suddenly felt different, or like things had changed, somehow.   The best way to describe it was that things were lighter and felt like they could be solved- there was a way through. Maybe I am also a slightly different, more resourceful version of me now ? :D

10 people like this

Posted (edited)

I don't know about anyone else, but I have been signing everything and anything I can as a non US citizen, on many US citizen only platforms. I guess that sooner or later the truth that my zip code ( a US one), doesn't match my physical address.... all the petitions I have signed have been to investigate and oust Trump and his old rich white cabinet. So every hour I am getting requests to sign more petitions, chip in with money to oppose the Republicans on (everything) this that and the other thing, and the Republicans always seem to be outfundraising them with their guilty blood money. So I admit to feeling for the past 3 weeks now, burnt out with my cause of opposing and resisting the new US government. I am feeling apathetic about seeing the results I want to see quickly enough. When I get apathetic I get selfish and I have to resist throwing babies out with bathwater. I have to continue to care and accept feeling like a failure about it.  This is where my mind is at currently.

So looking everyday at the requests from DCCC, Daily Kos, The young Turks, Occupy Democrats and plenty more besides, is a bit disheartening when it becomes so clear that the Democrats do not have enough money to fight the Republicans, as the Republicans have more money that is acquired through dodgy means than have the Democrats. My point is, on what leverage can Democrats (I use that term to speak for anyone who opposes Trump and his cabinet irrespective of degrees of relative resistance) use to undermine, compromise, and sabotage Trump and his administration if money is buying power?

The cause to oppose Trump is no less urgent and essential, but picking and choosing my moments of devotion to a cause is what I am beginning to have to do, as I am worn out with demands for money. I am only giving money to ACLU by the way, but still, how would you feel if you were a US citizen????? Not rich enough to help? Not powerful enough to help? This is so fucked up, this young soul paradigm we are forced to "win" in, day in and day out. If there are winners, then there are always losers, and how is that just? It isn't just. It is Darwinism in action dictated to by young soul dictators. Edited to delete my past comments. 

To keep myself sane I have spending much time in the garden landscaping, harvesting veges, going on long walks after work. How about everyone here?

Edited by AnnaD
edited.
2 people like this

Anna, I would kindly caution against any real or pretend threats to POTUS.  The last thing Troy needs is the Secret Service up his ass.  They take everything in that regard seriously if they were to ever come across it and we don't know what those capabilities are.  We don't want Trump out that way.

6 people like this

8 hours ago, Juni said:

I was in a  super technologically challenged meeting today when at 11:25, I suddenly felt different, or like things had changed, somehow.   The best way to describe it was that things were lighter and felt like they could be solved- there was a way through. Maybe I am also a slightly different, more resourceful version of me now ? :D

Weird, I felt the same way, starting yesterday, actually, but today it's even stronger. Like there's hope.

7 people like this

I had already been maintaining my hope and optimism, but it does feel more "solid" now, like it's taking less effort to stay positive. 

I would advise anyone interested to look up one Sam Ronan.  I didn't know who he was just a little over a month ago, but he's rapidly becoming a beacon for drawing together all the various stripes of progressivism in this country into a cohesive force.  Unification of these disparate factions and parties and organizations is the last piece of the puzzle when it comes to reviving the Left.  When that's done, I think we'll finally start seeing some real forward movement.

3 people like this

Ill just chime in and say i feel more solidly trusting, flowing, optimistic and carefree now too.

And ditto that it requires way less effort.

4 people like this

I started feeling better, too, since last night. I still need to keep things simple or I can go into overwhelm, but today I felt like I'm gradually getting myself back.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 2.2.2017 at 0:10 AM, Troy said:

NOTE: when we speak of your Cause in this year’s reports, we know that not all students will have a declarative Cause for which they stand. In cases where there is no obvious external Cause, we speak in terms of your personal Cause that may be your healing, your recovery, your relationship, your creative projects. A Cause is anything that is important to you that you know brings benefit, value, and pleasure to others. So even if your Cause is quiet, personal, and private, it is likely one that others would benefit from because of you.

This whole month has felt like a project that needed and wanted some completion at the end of the month. For a week or so I've been clutter clearing a place of offices, workshop rooms and more, throwing away old mess, updating the rooms to look more inviting, lighter, brighter and clean. Making the Beauty more visible in a way, so that anyone working there, using or renting a room there could like and enjoy more being there. I did a  "room clearing" first using soundtherapy and some energywork. A friend and I was alone there all the days and did it for free, but in exchange I can also use the rooms for free. I also helped a family member this last week with packing before moving. That was a lot of work and a bit draining especially because I caught a cold too before starting. Between the healing of rooms and helping someone getting ready to move, I've been offering Meditation and Relaxation classes/sessions and trainings, and also including the work of "Imagination, Creativity and Visualisation" into that - as a way of bringing it more out there in the world, share my work with more people, and support the use and ownership of these assets and resources in others. I decided to do it for free as a way of contributing to a Cause of increasing inner peace, relaxation, mindfulness and joy in others, in the world. Now I'm just waiting for the March ER and tuning into my next steps while catching up with myself and give time to healing myself from this slimy cold. 

Edited by Ingun
8 people like this

5 hours ago, Ingun said:

This whole month has felt like a project that needed and wanted some completion at the end of the month. For a week or so I've been clutter clearing a place of offices, workshop rooms and more, throwing away old mess, updating the rooms to look more inviting, lighter, brighter and clean. 

OMG, did we ever get the universal wakeup call to get this done.  Our basement consists of 2 divided rooms.  On one side is where our furnace is but also includes some exercise equipment as well as storage.  The other side is our TV/hangout room.  About 2 weeks ago, we had a storm water intrusion from an old drain in the floor.  Because of this, we are having to have some major work done to restore it to liveability status.  This will include removing all of the carpet and padding, tearing out the wall from the floor to about 2 feet above it.  Everything has to be removed from the rooms which of course includes years of clutter.  In time, the rooms will be repaired with new carpet, padding, paint, etc.  I say all of this to just repeat what you shared above about clearing out old junk.  We should have heard that call before we were forced to do it  :)  What a pain in the ass!

6 people like this

3 hours ago, Bobby said:

OMG, did we ever get the universal wakeup call to get this done.  Our basement consists of 2 divided rooms.  On one side is where our furnace is but also includes some exercise equipment as well as storage.  The other side is our TV/hangout room.  About 2 weeks ago, we had a storm water intrusion from an old drain in the floor.  Because of this, we are having to have some major work done to restore it to liveability status.  This will include removing all of the carpet and padding, tearing out the wall from the floor to about 2 feet above it.  Everything has to be removed from the rooms which of course includes years of clutter.  In time, the rooms will be repaired with new carpet, padding, paint, etc.  I say all of this to just repeat what you shared above about clearing out old junk.  We should have heard that call before we were forced to do it  :)  What a pain in the ass!

Exactly! The clutter speaks loudly a long time before the situation becomes or turns to a pain in the ass one way or the other.

2 people like this

I'll post the March Energy Report soon!

11 people like this