ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • TLE is now in updgraded BETA! Check out our new CLUBS under Community! Don't just Like a post, add a Reaction!
Sign in to follow this  
KurtisM

Mental "Illness" and Centering

KurtisM    2,378
KurtisM

I found it interesting a while back when I saw some mental illnesses are caused by Centering Issues, when not caused by actual physical damage.

I'm not inclined to automatically agree with this, but I am intrigued by it.

It states OCD(Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) is often caused by a breakdown in communication between physiological aspects of self.
Schizophrenia is often caused by a breakdown in communication between emotional aspects of self.
And Multiples(Dissociative Identity Disorder) is often caused by a breakdown in communication between intellectual aspects of self.

It also states Bi-Polar is often attributed to those operating in the Intellectually Centered, Moving Part function. While Schizophrenia is often attributed to those operating in the Intellectually Centered, Moving Part.

Assuming this is true, I wonder what the other Center>Parts would specifically struggle with?
Perhaps OCD is of the Moving>Emotional function more specifically, and DID is of the Intellectual>Emotional function?
Specific anxiety disorders could be of Emotional>Intellectual, while Moving>Intellectual might be inclined to Cluster B Personality Disorders.

Dunno, those are just theories based on what I've read.
I'm aware Centering does change frequently though, because it's habitual.

Edited by KurtisM

Juni    2,085
Juni

In the case of ADHD, they mention being either an  Artisan or Artisan cast,  or extreme CF immersion, and for autism having a goal of Re-evaluation sometimes. I'd be surprised if it was all about centering.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

KurtisM    2,378
KurtisM
17 minutes ago, Juni said:

In the case of ADHD, they mention being either an  Artisan or Artisan cast,  or extreme CF immersion, and for autism having a goal of Re-evaluation sometimes. I'd be surprised if it was all about centering.

Oh my bad.
I didn't mean all mental illnesses of course.

For instance Dependent Personality Disorder can be caused by an unfinished 2nd IM into adulthood.
And Narcissism is said to be related to Self-Deprecation and Arrogance- used as a means to secure your importance and control your exposure and self-esteem.

Ok, I edited my post to clarify on "some".

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 1

Juni    2,085
Juni
11 hours ago, KurtisM said:

For instance Dependent Personality Disorder can be caused by an unfinished 2nd IM into adulthood.
And Narcissism is said to be related to Self-Deprecation and Arrogance- used as a means to secure your importance and control your exposure and self-esteem.

Ok, I edited my post to clarify on "some".

Sorry, I just realized I wasn't clear, I meant extreme CF immersion for more than just ADHD, so yeah.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

PPLD    3,847
PPLD
13 hours ago, KurtisM said:

Schizophrenia Disorders

There is nothing called Schizophrenia Disorders!  

If you are referring to Personality Disorders, these would be the Schizoid and Schizotypal (Cluster A - odd).

Although we no longer work with Axis A and B where clear distinction between Mental Illness and Personality Disorder was made, it does not affect the distinction between individual diagnoses. 

Schizophrenia, Dissociative Identity Disorder (Multiple Personality Disorder is not used anymore), Schizoid Personality Disorder and Schizotypal Personality Disorder are four entirely different things.

Hope it helps in the musings.

Edited by PPLD
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

KurtisM    2,378
KurtisM
7 minutes ago, PPLD said:

There is nothing called Schizophrenia Disorders!  

If you are referring to Personality Disorders, these would be the Schizoid and Schizotypal (Cluster A - odd).

Although we are no longer work with Axis A and B where clear distinction between Mental Illness and Personality Disorder was made, it does not affect the distinction between individual diagnoses. 

Schizophrenia, Dissociative Identity Disorder (Multiple Personality Disorder is not used anymore), Schizoid Personality Disorder and Schizotypal Personality Disorder are four entirely different things.

Hope it helps in the musings.

Oh, thanks PPLD.
I put "Disorder" next to it because the Multiples and OCD had "Disorder" next to them too.
I was meaning more the variants or subtypes than Schizotypal and whatnot.
I am aware we don't use MPD anymore though, but I included it since the question and answer did.

I'll update the post to reflect such.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 2

lulu    44
lulu

I'd love to know what people who are violently bipolar have wrong with them. I am legally disabled..  Everyone has a judgement or a piece of advice it seems.
There is no cure for my illness in this life. I suspect its unkempt Old Warrior business.
When I have an episode it feels like I am a computer breaking down. Sometimes I lose the ability to speak and forget my name......

Mike Cleverly    497
Mike Cleverly

I had a friend who was highly intelligent many years ago who began to lose the ability to distinguish between reality and the alternate reality in her mind. She was a doctor, who ran her own surgery. After a couple of years of struggling with this she was eventually hospitalised because she became a threat to herself and others. 

I asked Michael (through Troy) about her and they said the following:

[MEntity]: The fragment known as "XYZ" appears to be a 6th Level Mature Artisan-Cast Artisan from Cadre 2, Entity 2. The fragment known as "XYZ" appears to be functioning well enough and conscious which indicates to us that she remains in a body, but we have little access to more than that.

[MEntity]: Lifetimes of Re-evaluation can have very few details available until review.

So we have: Artisan cast Artisan - negative pole of Artifice

Mature Soul - known for drama and intensity

6th Level - The level most associated with the intense payback of karma.

Goal of Re-Evaluation - the counterpart and opposite of Growth. We spent hours talking about the increasingly deluded ideas she was coming up with. She was endlessly evaluating, but she would get stuck on small details that wouldn't matter to anybody else. "They said X. Why did they do that? Did it mean Y? Or Z? They are going to harm me, thats what it means!" Again and again, we seemed to go round in circles. Re-evaluation in this situation felt like a destructive spiral into the self, like water circling a drain...

Edited by Mike Cleverly
  • LIKE/LOVE 2
  • SAD 3