Troy

How To: BLOG

Troy

BLOG VS BLOG ENTRY

There is a difference between "Blog" and "Blog Entry." A Blog contains Blog Entries. You can create multiple Blogs, and then fill each with Blog Entries according to the theme of the Blog. For instance, you might want to have a Dream Blog, a Video Blog, a Private Sessions Blog, a Personal Journal Blog, a My Channeling Blog, etc.

INDIVIDUAL VS COMMUNITY BLOGS

In addition to your own blogs that you create for yourself, you can also join or create GROUP blogs, or community blogs. These are blogs to which others can contribute. For example, I created a blog called Community Dream Journal for everyone to use to add blog entries that record dreams. This will be fascinating to look through over time and see if we share in any patterns.

+CREATE

You will see that the top of every page a quick menu for creating various contributions. If you use this menu, you can only create a BLOG ENTRY. From there you can add that blog entry to any community blog, or any blogs you have created for yourself. So you must create a blog for yourself before you can add a blog entry to your own blog. Community Blogs will always be listed under +Create.

HOW CREATE YOUR BLOG AND BLOG ENTRIES

To create your own blog or blogs, go to http://tle.forumflash.com/blogs/ or use the Blog link from the Main Menu

Here you will see an interface like the one in the image below.

A = create your own Blog (only use this to create the actual blog - not for blog entries)

B = links to blogs that you own or contribute to

C = create a Blog Entry (from there, you can choose to add your entry to any blog that you created or contribute to)

blogtutorial.png

ADDITIONAL TIPS:

From the landing page of any of your Blogs, you can MANAGE BLOG or ADD ENTRY directly to that blog from that page. You can also add/change your header image using the PHOTO link. See image below.

blogtutorial2.png

ADDING IMAGES AND VIDEO TO YOUR BLOG ENTRY:

If you are unsure about how to add images or video to your blog entry, look for tips about those functions in this forum

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Troy
51 minutes ago, Karine said:

I have a question regarding blogs. Back at the old site I posted every private session I wanted to share on my own blog. But, I see that there is now a community blog named Private Sessions Central that serves this very purpose. Should I post my sessions there, or on my personal blog?

@Karine, that's completely up to you! Some people have a lot of sessions they'd like to archive in their own way, and that's great!

• LIKE/LOVE 2

ViP

I wanted to ask a related question - if I want to post a private session whose topic relates to an existing Forum, should that private session go in the Forum or in a Blog? (Ie, are the forums for discussion only, or also for transcript posting?) Eg, if I had a session that dealt with Chief Features, could that be posted in the Chief Negative Features forum under Basic Teachings?

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Troy
11 hours ago, ViP said:

I wanted to ask a related question - if I want to post a private session whose topic relates to an existing Forum, should that private session go in the Forum or in a Blog? (Ie, are the forums for discussion only, or also for transcript posting?) Eg, if I had a session that dealt with Chief Features, could that be posted in the Chief Negative Features forum under Basic Teachings?

That's a great question. Since the site has great search functions, as long as you title and tag an entry to a blog or forum, search should find it, so you could post it anywhere you feel is best. But here is what I'd do as a "rule of thumb" for myself. I'd post my private sessions to wherever I'd like those to be posted as my personal collection (either my own blog, or the community blog), then post any excerpts to the relevant forum with a link back to my original blog entry. If there is no excerpt because the entire transcript is a topic, I'd be fine with posting in both places. I know it might sound redundant, but since we can filter out searching through "blogs" or through "forums," it would be good to find it in either place if the topic is being searched. But my final consideration would be whether the entry is general enough of a topic that it doesn't really warrant being in a private session post (even if it was a private session) since the session might already have been intended for contributing to the public material. Then I'd just post it to a relevant forum for discussion. Hope that all made sense!

• LIKE/LOVE 3

ViP
6 hours ago, Troy said:

That's a great question. Since the site has great search functions, as long as you title and tag an entry to a blog or forum, search should find it, so you could post it anywhere you feel is best. But here is what I'd do as a "rule of thumb" for myself. I'd post my private sessions to wherever I'd like those to be posted as my personal collection (either my own blog, or the community blog), then post any excerpts to the relevant forum with a link back to my original blog entry. If there is no excerpt because the entire transcript is a topic, I'd be fine with posting in both places. I know it might sound redundant, but since we can filter out searching through "blogs" or through "forums," it would be good to find it in either place if the topic is being searched. But my final consideration would be whether the entry is general enough of a topic that it doesn't really warrant being in a private session post (even if it was a private session) since the session might already have been intended for contributing to the public material. Then I'd just post it to a relevant forum for discussion. Hope that all made sense!

Thanks Troy, that sounds like a very well considered reply :-)  I like it. I think I'll try that and see how it turns out.