ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • TLE is now in updgraded BETA! Check out our new CLUBS under Community! Don't just Like a post, add a Reaction!

Marigold    134
Marigold

I can't believe that that this transcript about autism still hasn't been shared in this discussion to clear things up a bit.

Here's more information on the subject:

[Diane_H] What is the cause of autism/asperger’s syndrome (a milder form of autism) from your perspective?

[MEntity] From what we can see, Diane, as these are syndromes, there are multiple causes that come together to generate the symptoms that are called “autism” or “asperger’s syndrome.” As this tends to be a developmental syndrome, we think it is partially explained, in many instances, by the Goal of Re-evaluation for the Personality.

It is simply one of the many ways that an Essence can create a Personality with a re-evaluatory aim for the lifetime. There are lifetimes that are physical re-evaluations, emotional re-evaluations, and intellectual re-evaluations. There are a multitude of ways for helping to bring that Goal into focus for a lifetime, and these conditions are ways to do that.

[Diane_H] Are they generally planned before birth? – the syndrome

[MEntity] with physical “causes” that may be difficult to pinpoint, but range from genetics, to deficiencies in diet from the mother, to post-trauma, to vaccination issues (which are legitimate concerns, regardless of claims for safety), to simply being slow development, to being complete misdiagnoses.

The Goal of Re-evaluation appears to make up approximately 40% of the legitimate cases, with physical “causes” ranging across the suggestions above; with 30% being slow development phases, and 30% being complete misdiagnoses due to the methods of expression that a Personality may implement that are simply not satisfying to those around him or her.

Those relative to the Goal of Re-evalution would have been planned, but the others are developmental, and not always planned.

We do not have the terminology through this channel to convey a specific response, but we think that the legitimate cases, regardless of original causes, would be dealing with synaptic or neural issues that can be treated.

http://our.truthloveenergy.com/articles.html/library/michael-on/healing-health/michael-on-autism-asperger’s-r375/

Wimms, it would probably be a good idea to get the overleaves of your child from Michael because it may shed some light on the real cause of autism in his case.

Edited by Marigold
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

Timothy J Sullivan    734
Timothy J Sullivan

Wading into the pool here...

Both Narcissism and Autism are complex subjects, each with a spectrum of presentation from 'ordinary' to 'pathological' in the case of Narcissism.

I'm more familiar with the Narcissism Spectrum, especially as it relates to the journey to Self-Realization or Essence Awakening. 

This is the best reference I know on how Narcissism forms within a developmental framework (i.e. like the the IMS), the various 'kinds' of narcissistic character structures that develop at different stages, and how these 'constructs' relate to facets of Essence or True Self, and the various Dimensions of Reality.

Big Subject! I have been 'working on' this issue (and the book) since 1995, so I have personally validated (most) what the book reports.

Trust me, it took that long.   

"The Point of Existence: Transformations of Narcissism in Self-Realization" 

https://www.amazon.ca/Point-Existence-Transformations-Narcissism-Self-Realization/dp/0936713097

Check out the attachment, too. 

point-chapter.pdf

Edited by Timothy J Sullivan
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

Maureen    4,921
Maureen
13 hours ago, DianeHB said:

I just realized that the 2nd IM does sound like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory (a character with Asperger's for those who don't know). He's also a narcissist, on the adorable end of the spectrum. ;)

LOL!  Sheldon also seems (IMO) to be an extreme version of a Scholar ...but we won't hold that against him. :LOUCHE: That was a joke, folks!!! 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Matt    2,718
Matt
3 hours ago, Marigold said:

[MEntity] with physical “causes” that may be difficult to pinpoint, but range from genetics, to deficiencies in diet from the mother, to post-trauma, to vaccination issues (which are legitimate concerns, regardless of claims for safety), to simply being slow development, to being complete misdiagnoses.

Thank you Marigold for posting this.  just love seeing Michael confirm my legitimate concerns of vaccine safety.  

My son is on the spectrum, and he has been channeled in re-evaluation.  I really am not getting to hung up on internal monad stuff for him.  We do the best we can, we love him, were there for him, and that is all i can do.  At the end of the day, i can't make him do a monad in the positive pole, so i am not really to worried about it.  All i can do is be the best dad i know how to be, and hopefully that is enough. 

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Maureen    4,921
Maureen

Just to add to the discussion -- here is a Q&A I had with Michael on Temple Grandin. Notice that she has the Goal of Re-evaluation. I never asked Michael where she was in her IMs but as many of us know she is a very highly functioning Autistic person, succeeding in many things, so it's likely she's moved through most of them over time. That would be a good question to follow up on with Michael. Perhaps I'll do that. The session is short so I'll share it in it's entirety here. I'll include the link to my Blog as well. Temple Grandin

From a Private Live Chat on March 13, 2012

Maureen:  I have such a fascination for Temple Grandin – I suspect it’s because of how she handles her “extreme” Heightened Awareness and of course I admire her courage. I sense she is either an Artisan and/or something Inspirational.

Maureen:  Why do I (and others) find her so fascinating? What is her Role in Essence and Casting, Cadre/Entity and whatever else may be significant from her Overleaves.

MEntity:  This Artisan-cast Priest is part of a Configuration that is exploring the possibilities of eventual cross-species communication, and in larger terms, a return to off-planet species communication, particularly with new species.

MEntity:  The inspiration is inherent in her work because she is a voice for the otherwise voiceless, and while there are many who speak for non-human animals' welfare, and for autistic well-being, she is far more inspirational as she speaks from within these circles, not as an advocate from outside.

MEntity:  She is far more appealing because of her own position from within "autism," which is often also "voiceless," and many can relate to this, even in the best of life circumstances, but also because there is no threat or guilt associated with a halting of animal exploitation, but simply the betterment of the enslaved conditions.

Maureen:  She seems to have it really "right" this life.

MEntity:  This fragment is a 5th Level Old Artisan-Cast Priest from Cadre 2, Entity 6; an Idealist in Observation sliding to Caution and Passion Modes with a Goal of Re-evaluation in the Moving Part of the Moving Center, and Chief Features of Self-destruction and Greed.

Maureen:  Great – Thank You!

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Sarah    526
Sarah
6 hours ago, wimms said:

I never inferred anyone's saying that toddlers have sexual urges. On contrary, I offered you how to reconcile these two sources are talking about the same thing. Frankly, I assumed that you would read those passages you quoted and understand them together with what I wrote, having seen the above quote.

So... what am I supposed to make of your comment here?

Note that the context of the original quote was sexual awakening. With whom at the age of 3?

That's a weird way to word it if you weren't speaking of sexual urges. What did you mean by "with whom"?

(And I really don't think I'm "projecting" here. You seem to think I'm a moron who can't read.)

Troy    6,002
Troy

Let me add a few things:

1) Concluding what Michael means instead of asking further questions for clarity is probably not a great way to go about learning.

2) Our first 2 Internal Monads are almost completely at the mercy of our environment and caretaker influences. Our 3rd is to help us own our independence and then the 4th is to help us clean up the mess of our environmental and caretaker influences. There are biological, psychological, and environmental factors that are challenges in the 1st and 2nd Internal Monads and our successfully completing these is a huge gamble in every single lifetime. It's amazing to me how we survive at all.

3 Michael uses "sexual" in a very different way than most of us. Sexual is a Centering. It's our Higher Moving Center. It's one of the first Centers we anchor right after our Instinctive Center. This Sexual Center is about our affection for and from others, our navigating intimacy. And we do have a sexual awakening in our toddler years. We discover our penises and vaginas and experience the realization and sensations of our pissing and shitting, and we form our sexual/gender identities and our habit of Primary Centering begins around this age along with our realization of our deep intimacy or lack thereof with our caretakers. It's all sexual, but it's not about sex. 

4) When Michael said "valid cases of Autism are incomplete 2nd Internal Monads," they were talking across the board Autism and it should have read "valid cases of Autism are results of incomplete 2nd Internal Monads." They did not differentiate between high functioning or low functioning. If someone has Autism, their 2nd Internal Monad was not completed... until it was. Michael never said that if you have Autism, your 2nd Internal Monad remains incomplete, but Autism is one of many indications that one either remains with an incomplete 2nd Internal Monad OR it is very likely they had to go back and complete that Internal Monad during a subsequent Internal Monad. Because Autism is an environmental, dietary, biological issue, it interferes with the 2nd Internal Monad, so the whole world of intimacy is fucked over. But even when someone with Autism finally completes the 2nd Internal Monad, they don't usually lose the Autism, but they find ways to navigate better with the Autism. If someone cuts off the legs of a toddler, he is going to be deeply affected by this as he grows up. Some won't ever heal that incredible blow to their life, while others will find a way to heal that event and catch up with themselves in later Internal Monads. This won't grow their legs back any more than Autism would just disappear, but the person who can positively complete that Internal Monad will do much better than the person who doesn't. 

5) Successfully closing a 2nd Internal Monad as an adult is incredibly difficult, but most of us have to do it that way no matter how good we had it because we were so at the mercy of external factors for those years of our lives. Most of us can positively complete this during the 3rd Internal Monad, but for those who don't or can't do the work of the 3rd Internal Monad, they can get stuck. Even when/if the 2nd gets positively completed, we can remain with weird secret sexual fetishes, bondage, dominance, sadomasochistic inclinations, intimacy issues.

6) True narcissism is more about a negative 3rd Internal Monad than the 2nd.

Hope this helps! I may have missed a few points, but I'm happy to reply with what I know or ask Michael about it.

• LIKE/LOVE 19

Sarah    526
Sarah

@Troy, what do you mean by an IM being "closed"? Is that the same as "completed" (either in the positive or negative pole), or is it something else?

Troy    6,002
Troy
1 minute ago, Sarah said:

@Troy, what do you mean by an IM being "closed"? Is that the same as "completed" (either in the positive or negative pole), or is it something else?

Crap, I don't mean to add to the confusion. I mean it as a positive completion, but I think Michael uses it for either. I edited my post to reflect more precise meaning. Thanks, Sarah.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

AnnaD    2,284
AnnaD

I have never been able to figure out if Sheldon's premium investment in "being right" is Scholarly (which would be my guess), or Artisany. I am not offended. "Being right" has and still can be my worst Scholarly trait, well one of them. Others being purely theoretical without any concessions to reality, because those realities don't square/dovetail nicely with my theory. 

Sheldon is kind of not at home in the mundane everyday world, unless that everyday world is his tightly controlled filtered world. They have written an excellent character for sure.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Matt    2,718
Matt

Maybee we could ask michael to define autism. What would qualify. Would high functioning actually fall into a different diagnosis like developmental delay. Is low functioning the only true cases of autism. I know what symptoms qualify for autism in our world, but i wonder what Michael would say qualifies as a valid case. Maybee hearing Michael's views would help clear up this huge spectrum where so many things are lumped into autism. Take my son for example, he is technically diagnosed with a developmental delay, not autism. I say hes on the spectrum because he has symptoms related to autism, but if someone asks me if he has a valid case of autism, i would say no. He is social, but he had a severe speech delay, and has fairly severe learning issues and comprehension, but the social aspect of autism is one major symptom he doesnt have. So he probably doesnt fit valid case of autism. Im rambling now, but it would be cool to hear their take on what a valid case is.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

wimms    5
wimms
3 hours ago, Sarah said:

So... what am I supposed to make of your comment here?

Note that the context of the original quote was sexual awakening. With whom at the age of 3?

That the process is named "Sexual Awakening" and that's the quote and the text I was referring to; that its meaning there is defined as capacity for intimacy, both physical and emotional; that intimacy does not mean sex; that non-sexual intimacy is provided since birth by mother nurturing her child and child yearning for that; that at the age of 3 (which is taken from another text) none other but the caretaker can be subject of such intimacy for a child; and that this experience establishes the baseline for intimacy (in)security for a very long time.

That's a weird way to word it if you weren't speaking of sexual urges. What did you mean by "with whom"?

"With whom" I let you realize that it could not be anyone but parent as I added age to it, because the referred text itself made no mention of the age.

(And I really don't think I'm "projecting" here. You seem to think I'm a moron who can't read.)

It is projecting. You have no way of "seeming" what I think of you. It is your fears and insecurities talking.

Connor    853
Connor
5 hours ago, AnnaD said:

I have never been able to figure out if Sheldon's premium investment in "being right" is Scholarly (which would be my guess), or Artisany.

I don't think "being right" has anything to do with his Role - investment in "being right" is a dance of Chief Features, especially Arrogance, and any Role can prove an excellent dance partner.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

AnnaD    2,284
AnnaD
57 minutes ago, Connor said:

I don't think "being right" has anything to do with his Role - investment in "being right" is a dance of Chief Features, especially Arrogance, and any Role can prove an excellent dance partner.

Yes,  this is more true.

Sarah    526
Sarah
6 hours ago, Matt said:

Maybee we could ask michael to define autism. What would qualify. Would high functioning actually fall into a different diagnosis like developmental delay. Is low functioning the only true cases of autism. I know what symptoms qualify for autism in our world, but i wonder what Michael would say qualifies as a valid case. Maybee hearing Michael's views would help clear up this huge spectrum where so many things are lumped into autism.

That would be interesting to know. The spectrum has gotten so huge now as to be almost meaningless. There's a big difference between Kanner's Autism and Asperger's Syndrome... but we've lumped them together under one umbrella.

It would be nice to see Michael define autism (or what they see as autism) so we can all be speaking the same language when we discuss the topic.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Miizle    522
Miizle

I also know people whose self-deprecation shows up a lot as the need to be right.

It's really annoying to not have time to really read this thread properly, but i'll participate anyway (always a smart move eh :D). I once collected everything channelled (Michael) that could be found online about certain health problems including autisms, so i'll just post it here in case it helps. :) Sources are various, with varying levels of credibility... It would be great if someone brought the subject up in Ask Michael for sure!!

http://library.truthloveenergy.com/Michael-Teachings/michael-on-autismaspergers/ :

From what we can see, as these are syndromes, there are multiple causes that come together to generate the symptoms that are called “autism” or “asperger’s syndrome.” As this tends to be a developmental syndrome, we think it is partially explained, in many instances, by the Goal of Re-evaluation for the Personality.
It is simply one of the many ways that an Essence can create a Personality with a re-evaluatory aim for the lifetime. There are lifetimes that are physical re-evaluations, emotional re-evaluations, and intellectual re-evaluations. There are a multitude of ways for helping to bring that Goal into focus for a lifetime, and these conditions are ways to do that. Physical “causes” that may be difficult to pinpoint, range from genetics, to deficiencies in diet from the mother, to post-trauma, to vaccination issues (which are legitimate concerns, regardless of claims for safety), to simply being slow development, to being complete misdiagnoses.
The Goal of Re-evaluation appears to make up approximately 40% of the legitimate cases, with physical “causes” ranging across the suggestions above; with 30% being slow development phases, and 30% being complete misdiagnoses due to the methods of expression that a Personality may implement that are simply not satisfying to those around him or her.
Those relative to the Goal of Re-evalution would have been planned pre-birth, but the others are developmental, and not always planned.
We do not have the terminology through this channel to convey a specific response, but we think that the legitimate cases, regardless of original causes, would be dealing with synaptic or neural issues that can be treated.

CHANNELED BY Shepherd Hoodwin: http://www.michaelteachings.com/channeling/discussion/37/autism
Autism has many possible causes. One is that highly sensitive souls who have avoided incarnation are feeling a need to address their issues in this time of transition. They seek to develop strength to balance sensitivity. There is finally enough awareness of such things that they can hope to be met with understanding rather than ridicule.

And then The Legacy of Sarah Chambers vol 2......

https://books.google.co.nz/books?id=0DC-BAAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=legacy+of+sarah+chambers+volume+2&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiptJuT0cbSAhUDOrwKHX3FCAUQ6AEIGDAA#v=snippet&q= autism&f=false

fairly negligible but basically saying:

Autistic children are infant souls who have perceived the "not me" as hostile from an extremely early stage, sometimes shortly after birth, or even during actual birth, and have subsequently withdrawn and developed autism. Children who exhibit unwarranted hostility and are subject to loud outbursts and anti-social behavior are normally infant souls of exalted roles with dominant goals.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Sarah    526
Sarah
8 hours ago, Miizle said:

And then The Legacy of Sarah Chambers vol 2......

https://books.google.co.nz/books?id=0DC-BAAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=legacy+of+sarah+chambers+volume+2&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiptJuT0cbSAhUDOrwKHX3FCAUQ6AEIGDAA#v=snippet&q= autism&f=false

fairly negligible but basically saying:

Autistic children are infant souls who have perceived the "not me" as hostile from an extremely early stage, sometimes shortly after birth, or even during actual birth, and have subsequently withdrawn and developed autism. Children who exhibit unwarranted hostility and are subject to loud outbursts and anti-social behavior are normally infant souls of exalted roles with dominant goals.

Apparently, nobody told Temple Grandin... (She's an old soul, isn't she?)

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Miizle    522
Miizle
9 hours ago, Sarah said:

Apparently, nobody told Temple Grandin... (She's an old soul, isn't she?)

Yeah well obviously that channelling is fairly full of BS :^)

Troy    6,002
Troy

The Sarah channeling was from a time when Autism was defined very differently, I think. So I think it would be helpful to read that in the proper context of the time. Autism now includes an array of symptoms and people. I always keep this in mind when they tout the "rising numbers." They only grow because we broaden the range of inclusion for who to count. They did the same for AIDS and then claimed there was an epidemic. But I won't get into that right now.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Troy    6,002
Troy

Kind of off-topic and on-topic... one of my favorite games, Overwatch, just revealed this week that one of my favorite heroes in the game is on the spectrum. There is no story mode in the game, so a huge range of media revealing the backstories of the characters through incredible animations and comics is released on a regular basis. The cast of heroes continues to grow with international, sexual, gender, cultural representation from all walks of life and they do this without fanfare and sensationalism, and with great sensitivity.

The cool thing about the reveal of Symmetra is that it was never announced or brought to anyone's attention. It was actually discovered by fans over time who are on the spectrum and recognized themselves in Symmetra. I love that.

Of course, with every effort to represent a group of people symbolically, there are always going to be problems, but most are very happy with her representation, all the way down to the the nuance of how women with autism show up differently from men.

But here is article...

symmetra2.jpg

ARTICLE 

Overwatch’s cast has been heralded for its diversity, with a myriad of gender, racial and sexual identities represented across all 24 heroes. Blizzard Entertainment is throwing neurological diversity into the mix as well, confirming fan speculation that one of the game’s most popular characters is on the autistic spectrum.

A letter from Overwatch director Jeff Kaplan reignited the conversation, after its recipient posted it to Tumblr. The viral image included Kaplan explicitly referring to Symmetra, one of the game’s most intriguing and intelligent heroes, as autistic for the first time.

“It’s very astute of you to notice that she mentioned the spectrum in our comic,” Kaplan wrote, referring to an official Overwatch comic from last May. “Symmetra is autistic. She is one of our most beloved heroes and we think she does a great job of representing just how awesome someone with autism can be.”

Blizzard later told Polygon that both the letter and Kaplan’s note about Symmetra were accurate. This validates a theory that has percolated in the Overwatch player community since last May, when the game came out and Symmetra’s backstory began to fill out.

In “A Better World,” the Symmetra-focused comic that inspired the fan letter to Kaplan, Symmetra describes herself as always being seen as “different.”

“Asking where I fit on the spectrum,” she continues. “It used to bother me. Because I knew it was true. It doesn’t bother me anymore. Because I can do things nobody else can do.”

The use of the term “spectrum,” as well as the subtle acceptance of Symmetra’s so-called “differences,” moved many players who identified with the character. Overwatch fans who were also on the autistic spectrum appreciated Blizzard’s tacit introduction of a character they related to, but the company never openly diagnosed her.

The comic was enough for most to go off, however, and Symmetra has widely been referred to as a hero on the autistic spectrum. That’s clearly meaningful to both fans and Blizzard Entertainment itself, based on Kaplan’s letter.

For a game without a story mode, Overwatch has a deep lore. The comics are a great place to find out more about that, and they’re often where fans can learn some defining characteristics about their favorite heroes. Aside from Symmetra’s autism, Tracer was introduced as the game’s first lesbian character in her own comic last December.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Hani    291
Hani
On 3/5/2017 at 11:30 PM, Maureen said:

I found it!! I emboldened what pertains to a failed 2nd Internal Monad. It's shocking how well it describes Trump. 

The 7 Stages of the 2nd Internal Monad

GeraldineB:  Similar to past questions on the 7 Stages of Internal Monads, I would like the basic information on the 7 Stages of the 2nd Internal Monad and any additional information that indicates non-completion of the 2nd IM in negative poles vs completing it in positive poles.

MEntity:  The 2nd Internal Monad might be said to be the process of Sexual Awakening, or the establishment of ones capacity for intimacy. As it is a process of differentiation, it is also a process of awakening autonomy.

"Sexual" here is meant both in the sense of stimulation and affectionate resonance, or moving in unison with something other than self.

The 7 Stages here may go as such:

INITIATION comes with a Positive Pole of Differentiation and a Negative Pole of Division.

INTROSPECTION comes with a Positive Pole of Observation and a Negative Pole of Agitation.

REALIZATION comes with a Positive Pole of Consonance and a Negative Pole of Mimic.

MANIFESTATION comes with a Positive Pole of Mobility and a Negative Pole of Activity.

CONTENTMENT comes with a Positive Pole of Curiosity and a Negative Pole of Provocation.

MAGNETIZATION comes with a Positive Pole of Asking and a Negative Pole of Demanding.

EMANATION comes with a Positive Pole of Coordination and a Negative Pole of Violence.

Those who complete this Internal Monad successfully tend to gain a mobility in life that is in harmony with others, sexually and otherwise, with a circuit of awareness that allows for consideration, harmonious movement, and healthy exchanges, while those who do not complete this Internal Monad, or complete it in the Negative Pole can tend toward sexual conflicts (both of the physical and energetic kind), as well as a movement through life with entitlement, demand, and even violence.

Valid cases of Autism are incompleted 2nd Internal Monads.

We will conclude with that synopsis, though there is always more.

This was very interesting, thank you Maureen, I never thought people could get stuck in second internal monad, I thought the first two was easiest and everyone completes them in positive pole

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Bobby    5,362
Bobby
33 minutes ago, Hani said:

This was very interesting, thank you Maureen, I never thought people could get stuck in second internal monad, I thought the first two was easiest and everyone completes them in positive pole

No, actually those that don't finish the 1st die I believe.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Connor    853
Connor
3 hours ago, Bobby said:

No, actually those that don't finish the 1st die I believe.

An incomplete 1st Monad isn't a surefire death sentence, but quality of life certainly seems to take a hit:

"As an adult, tell-tale signs of an incomplete FIRST Internal Monad are mental instability and the inability to function in society in any meaningful way, having to depend on an institution or caretaker for your most basic needs, separating you from the “real world”, such as being hospitalized for your mental health conditions.

As a child, the incomplete First Monad will show most during when the Second Monad is to be played out, turning into tyrannical tantrums and screaming, brutality and refusal."

- from "The Seven Internal Monads" May 6, 2003

• LIKE/LOVE 3

wimms    5
wimms
On 7.3.2017 at 10:37 PM, Troy said:

6) True narcissism is more about a negative 3rd Internal Monad than the 2nd.

Troy, what do you really mean by True narcissism? And why would you place it to 3rd Internal Monad?

Troy    6,002
Troy
6 hours ago, wimms said:

Troy, what do you really mean by True narcissism? And why would you place it to 3rd Internal Monad?

I should have said that it was a combination of the failed 2nd and 3rd Internal Monads. I think the struggle with authority and independence of the 3rd IM has to be failed for the clinical narcissist to be born. It's that distortion or lack of sexuality and intimacy combined with the overblown sense of self-importance that depends entirely upon others for sustaining it that creates the narcissist.

• LIKE/LOVE 2