Troy

QUICK CHECK-IN from TROY

AnnH    564
AnnH

Such good news, Troy!

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Lori Abrams    260
Lori Abrams

Oh dear Troy, so sorry to read all that is going on with you and your life.  First, though, I want to send good, healing vibes around your Dad's situation, and around you, as you heal.  Oops, looks like I haven't read the next two pages.  So, sending lots of love, for wherever you need it right this moment.  <3

I'm back, as page 2 and then 3 just kept getting better and better news for you and your Dad.  Yippee!  Snoopy Dance!

Ricola herbal logenzes keeps your throat moist, and for me, makes the phlegm looser to distract.  I was worried about your hacking cough too, as that will upset whole system, which would make healing slower.  I don't take lots of medicine but there is a tiny tablet for coughing spasms, and it works, big time.  As I read others say how they've been sick too, these past few months have been so stressful, fearful, with combinations of ugly thoughts, it's no wonder our immune systems have crashed.  Let's look forward to some happier times, happier thoughts, with less political BS media crap, taking us down again. 

And, as you well know, per Michael, that increased greens, veggies and fruits will keep our bodies happy with vitamins, minerals, salts, and electrolytes, to keep us thriving.  Having alive, raw foods with each meal will go a long way too.  Greens, sliced pears, dried cranberries, pecans or raw pistachio (ups yum factor) with fresh lemon and evoo, is so delicious and full of all goodies our body needs for health.  It's one of my fav salads, actually. 

BTW, just before my overseas trip, my ears became plugged, and actually lost hearing in my right ear.  Had no time to visit a doctor, which reminds me, I guess I need one to go to, first.  Anyhoo, the ears were not impacted from the flying.  Really grateful on that!

Here's to Health, Happiness and finding ways to bring on the Joy in our lives.  

OXOX, Lori

Edited by Lori Abrams
  • LIKE/LOVE 1

MichaelS    1,427
MichaelS

Wonderful news that you and your Dad are on the mend. Love to you.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Troy    6,406
Troy

UPDATE: My BF and I are still recovering from this horrible cold/cough/flu thing, but we are definitely getting better, but my Dad... not so much. He is still in the hospital and all of the good news was dealt a blow when they couldn't conclude his latest surgery due to complications. He's now in ICU awaiting conditions that will allow for his surgery to be completed. I won't go into the gruesome details, but it's pretty awful right now. Just hanging in there and focusing on the fact that he's still stable and that things *should* be okay if they can complete this surgery.

• LIKE/LOVE 13

John Roth    373
John Roth
4 hours ago, Troy said:

UPDATE: My BF and I are still recovering from this horrible cold/cough/flu thing, but we are definitely getting better, but my Dad... not so much. He is still in the hospital and all of the good news was dealt a blow when they couldn't conclude his latest surgery due to complications. He's now in ICU awaiting conditions that will allow for his surgery to be completed. I won't go into the gruesome details, but it's pretty awful right now. Just hanging in there and focusing on the fact that he's still stable and that things *should* be okay if they can complete this surgery.

Good to hear  you're recovering. Take it easy - I'd hate to lose you because you thought you absolutely had to get the April energy report out.

And sorry to hear about your father.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

PPLD    4,594
PPLD

Take care and hang in there.

a5d0b4b7c3e3a25ed0f55790b75a7311.gif

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Leela Corman    849
Leela Corman

Troy, so sorry about your dad and so glad you're on the mend. Something gross and long-lived was making the rounds all winter. I hope your dad's surgery goes well and both his and your recovery is speedy. Love you, Troy!

• LIKE/LOVE 4

AnnH    564
AnnH

I'm so sorry that your dad is dealing with complications. My love to you and your family.

And that flu that so many have suffered is just awful.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Troy    6,406
Troy

DAD UPDATE: I got an emotional and difficult phone call this morning from my stepmom. The plans for final surgery today for my dad are postponed. Complications caused an emergency 7-hour surgery overnight.

That was his 9th surgery in two weeks. 

He is in excruciating pain and getting weaker from all the surgery. He can't speak very well because if the effects of tubes down his throat so often. 

My mom is a wreck but being strong. Dad is keeping his spirits up. But now we wait again.

There must be a word for the tsunami of emotions that something like this provokes. It's a crash wave of anxiety, relief, panic, grief, and a hint of trust? I don't know. I just have to ride it. 

• LIKE/LOVE 15

DianeHB    4,138
DianeHB

I'm so sorry to hear this, Troy. I have no words. Hang in there.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Uma    3,182
Uma

Keep taking the ETS every time you have some news. It will help you 'ride it'. My heart and thoughts are with you and your Dad, Troy.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Stickyflames    1,090
Stickyflames

Oh honey, loving you with every ounce i got. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6

PPLD    4,594
PPLD

Oh Troy... hang in there... Love, affection and embraces to all of you there <3 

Edited by PPLD
  • LIKE/LOVE 5

Nadine    1,150
Nadine

Oh, Troy, I'm so sorry! I hadn't read your update before our session...now I know what you were talking about. Still wishing your dad will get through this and hoping for the best outcome possible!

• LIKE/LOVE 5

AnnaD    2,374
AnnaD

Troy, I am sending you support, an open ear, and hugs to get through this one step at a time. Watching your Dad go through this must be an awful form of anguish, as there is no certainty or secure harbour yet. I hope your Dad stabilises and begins to recover. Hold each other close and be there for each other, I am here for you here.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Juni    2,247
Juni

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with so much right now. Please take care and sending you hugs/love and support to your family, esp your dad. It's so hard to see someone you love in pain.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Ingun    2,591
Ingun

This is sad to hear, and I think about all that stress on his elder body.... Hugs to you Troy and take care of yourself now.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Leela Corman    849
Leela Corman

That's so hard. Solidarity, friend.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

WolfAmethyst    30
WolfAmethyst

Makes me think of the Space Mountain roller-coaster at Disney World...lots of it is in complete darkness, so you have absolutely no idea what drops / flips / turns are coming and when.  Yet because its a Disney World ride, you bizarrely know at the same time that all the upsets won't kill you.  Does this even make any sense (or for any laughter) when one writes it down?

Wishing you and your family well, Troy.  A lot of family members at my end had serious surgeries related to vascular problems / risk of limb amputations. It can be an absolutely tumultuous roller-coaster of fear, anxiety, despair / hope, optimism and rejoicing to be on.  Please know that all of us here are rooting for you and yours. Hoping you can find the internal strength to cope, and that the external stuff either co-operates or gives you a break at this time.