Troy

April 2017 Community Challenge: ME, RIGHT NOW

91 posts in this topic

Coming so late in the month, our return to monthly Community Challenges will be a simple, but fun and meaningful challenge: ME, RIGHT NOW.

CHALLENGE: Stop what you are doing and take a picture of yourself right now, no matter what you look like, and post it to this thread with a quick description of what you are doing, feeling, thinking. This can be fun, but it's also meaningful because this will stand as a thread that brings to life the many faces of our community members. We live behind so much text shared among us and that is wonderful, but seeing the beautiful faces behind the words adds just that much more depth.

INSTRUCTIONS: Take picture of yourself. If you are adding via your mobile device, the process should be pretty obvious, and if you are adding an image via desktop, here is How To Add Images

PRIZE: Posting an image enters you into a random drawing for a free 30 minute session.

17 people like this

It just so happened that mine belonged on another thread this morning but I'll share the link to it, here  :)

http://our.truthloveenergy.com/topic/1149-the-trump-effect-or-good-news-about-your-depression/?do=findComment&comment=6566

DOING: Laughing, when am I not, right?  I will probably literally die laughing.

FEELING: Amused.

THINKING: Why would anyone bring up a subject on a  site such as this when such thoughts have never been supported by Michael, directly or indirectly?

20 people like this

Posted (edited)

WIN_20170413_09_37_38_Pro (2).jpgDoing:  Trying to get my workday started on this Thursday morning and being distracted by TLE

Feeling: Embarrassed and exposed

Thinking: Where is the spot fix tool on this camera app? How come I can't figure out how to work it?  I want to smooth out that vertical line in the middle of my forehead. What the fuck is that line?? This light doesn't do me any favors. I'm sooo white. Oh, whatever. I shouldn't care about what I look like anyway. I'm more evolved than that, right?  I'll just post it.

Edited by DanielaS
34 people like this

image.jpg

DOING: getting caught up on TLE and leaving for the Drx appointments soon!

FEELING: better than I have in a long time

THINKING: what the hell happened to my face? It was swallowed by a hobo! 

33 people like this

Doing: at work for the last time before my vacation to southern California for the week. We better not get a fire tonight, i need my beauty sleep so i get discovered in Hollywood, LoL. 

feeling:  feeling ok, ive been better, but ive been worse. My health is an ongoing struggle. Just very tired and fatiqued with joint pain alot. I Get so many colds it makes me want to cry. ill keep fighting though. My job isnt helping my health at all, but what can you do. 

thinking: man is my face fat. I dont really like myself in any pictures.  I would look way cooler with a giant zz top beard. 

IMG_0388.JPG

31 people like this

Posted (edited)

Doing: Working at my desk and being distracted by TLE. 

Feeling: I just got over being sick last week and am now feeling optimal again. I like my job, the people are saner, and there are no daily fires to put out. The workload is pretty high at the moment but it's not that stressful. 

Thinking: My glasses look lopsided on my face. I think it's funny how we're so critical of the way we look in pictures. 

IMG_2282.JPG

Edited by DianeHB
33 people like this

Eating peanuts. 

Thinking about how many peanuts I've been eating lately.

Feeling like I should cut down on peanuts.

IMG_20170413_123358.jpg

32 people like this

Posted (edited)

Eating a bag of chips and obviously reading about the Monthly Community Challenge on TLE 😉 

Feeling pretty tired and lethargic. It's been a challenge to stay active and awake this week. All I feel like doing is sleeping, even though I'm having incredibly exhausting dreams when I do. Happy Nexus!

Thinking thank god it's a four day weekend due to easter. I look tired as shit. I can sleep the whole day tomorrow if I feel like it!!! 

IMG_20170413_200759588.jpg

Edited by Nadine
30 people like this

Doing: Eating lunch at work and listening to the comedy podcast Anna Farris is Unqualified. (It's currently paused).

Thinking: I should be doing the next section in the online mini course I need to finish for the fellowship program I'm in, or studying for the next certification test I need to take this saturday or studying for the GRE and math portion of the certification tests I still need to take but have not yet registered for, or researching schools so I can send resumes and cover letters to principals for work in the fall. 

Feeling: Rather anxious about how I'm going to do all the shit the program has us doing within the next two months and dreading having to become a morning person once the training starts in earnest in june. I have never ever in my life been a morning person. I'm also trying to not feel guilty about not doing fellowship things for a few days just to give my brain a chance to breathe. 

IMG_0350.JPG

30 people like this

Me right now.jpg

DOING: Having Friday the Wine Day on a Thursday the Ölsday (Swenglish for Beer Day because it rhymes) with my dearest friends.

FEELING: Happy, witty, mischievous, and overall PASSIONATE!!!

THINKING: I have been interrupted by my buddies in posting this for soon two hours! It is so hilarious! 😂

COMMENT: I love this challenge! It puts me in the MOMENT, in observation of my experience of NOW. That experience covers so much; I am here. Again. With 2 Old Souls, one of them my Entity Mate. We have spent all three together c.a. 100 lifetimes. I have been an active Michael Student the past 40+ lifetimes. They have been active Students the past 30+ lifetimes! Our meeting in this lifetime has been so "accidental" (hahaha). We have chosen the same Attitude, our Essences share the Axis of our Casting, we are all three born in Slavic countries and ended up here in Sweden by choice. And now - here we are. At the kitchen table. Again. Like nearly every week for the past 3 years. 

I LOVE Monthly Challenges!!! <3 

(AND we are painting eggs and watching Life of Brian just because we can 😊 )

36 people like this

Posted (edited)

Doing: Sending business emails. Enjoying the sun flooding into my living room.

Feeling: Relaxed, hopeful. Hungry.
Thinking: I must tidy up my apartment this weekend. 

JWD41317.JPG

Edited by James D
31 people like this

Doing: Just finished approving a bunch of proposed additions to the TLE Library. Which I spent time on primarily because I hosted a sorority group last night and still haven't felt like cleaning up the resulting mess. IMG_2491.jpg

Thinking: It would be SO lovely if my appointment for a haircut (and fresh application of blue and purple) were TODAY instead of a whole WEEK from now! 

Feeling: That I should be reluctant to post a bad hair day photo but I really can't get too bothered by that anymore: I don't have to go to work! 

35 people like this

Doing: Sitting on the floor of my roommate's bedroom listening to the fire truck rumbling outside the window. Soon I'll be biking to the Curio Theatre to hang speakers for a show I'm sound designing.
Feeling: A tad nervous - it'll be my first time doing a speaker hang as the designer, and I'm just hoping I'll be able to get the damn sound system working.
Thinking: When I get back home from the speaker hang, what movie do I want to watch?

Me.jpg

29 people like this

Feeling content and curious. It's finally stopped raining here in Vancouver. Time to take a walk!

image.jpg

32 people like this

Doing: At work training someone! 

Feeling: Not feeling well today. Ive been experiencing panic attacks daily for the past two weeks. I'm on supplement and meds to help treat them but they're not doing the trick. This is truly wearing me down and I want answers. My husband can tell you that I'm almost never sick so this is not easy for me to be the one needing help. We're going to Cali in a couple of days so hopefully the break will help revive me! I seriously need a hug! ☹️

Thinking: I look sick, tired, and frumpy!

IMG_0087.JPG

28 people like this

Hi. It is 739am on Friday 14 April here, and I have four days off (WOOHOO!!!!!) work, and I am in my dressing gown which I call Cheryl, as Cheryl is a classy lady. It is a polarfleece dressing gown, I am making a cup of tea, and I have not even washed my face. This is how much I love you guys on the honesty = intimacy scale. Normally I would wash my face and try and look presentable but today is exceptionally honest. This is a great thread. i am in a good mood as the worst storm to hit New Zealand (where I am) in 49 years has just been (so far) very pleasant gentle rain, and not the 150k winds predicted. Happy easter to you all.

WIN_20170414_07_35_48_Pro.jpg

31 people like this

You guys!!! This is so beautiful. You are totally making my (and others') day!!!

20 people like this

Doing. At the green cuisine eating a salad, some kale, some beans, some water.

feeling. Serious...feeling very serious...feeling a bit angry...ANGRY...though this has been common for the last couple of months...along with the anger, feeling optimistic.

thinking. About how much I cage myself in with this belief that My value is dependant on wether i am making a difference in the world or not. How this belief has been the cage and cause of so much comparision, paralysis, self criticism, doubt. The optimism comes from increasingly nurturing the truth that I do matter NOW. My kindness is important NOW. My truth is important NOW. Maybe just to me, and that is alright.

love you all

image.jpg

32 people like this

Love the photos.  They add another dimension to the profile photos.  I will enter the contest when I figure out how to move a photo taken by my new computer to this thread.  Will be seeing my reptilian controlled computer guru soon.   Maybe I should be scanned for reptilians myself.  Arrrraagghh!!!!!!

PS: @NicholasV I mean no disrespect.  i am just having a hilarious moment with those reptilians.

16 people like this

19 minutes ago, Maxim said:

Will be seeing my reptilian controlled computer guru soon.

This reminded me of one of my new favorite TV shows, which everyone should check out if you have not heard of it. People of Earth. A funny series about a support group for people who have been abducted by aliens (they prefer the term 'experiencers'). I was delighted to find out that a Season 2 is planned. 

8 people like this

16 minutes ago, Janet said:

This reminded me of one of my new favorite TV shows, which everyone should check out if you have not heard of it. People of Earth. A funny series about a support group for people who have been abducted by aliens (they prefer the term 'experiencers'). I was delighted to find out that a Season 2 is planned. 

OMG, we have been DYING to see this and I had no idea it already started! Thanks for the heads up, Janet!

8 people like this

This community challenge is AWESOME. I loved reading all the posts, hahahah!

Doing: Taking a bit of rest before diving back into essay writing marathon again for school... and waiting for a friend to arrive! Just finished a Vividry exercise to clear my mind, 11/10 would recommend

Feeling: Confounded. Geezus #*$&, my ego/Chief Feature is relentless! During the exercise I realized how much of my daily stream of thoughts is driven by both Arrogance and Stubbornness. *collapses in self-implosion*

Thinking: Dear life and Tao and all my room's knick-knacks... what is everything and holy shit the human mind is quite fascinating 😲

IMG_2040.JPG

31 people like this

Posted (edited)

Doing: Where are my specs? Feeling: confused.

IMG_1098.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

Edited by MichaelS
Thinking: Found 'em. I love my wife's cheese scones.
30 people like this

Posted (edited)

DOING: Sitting on a chair eating food my boss made me. I appreciate the sentiment, it's just really oily.

FEELING: I am so lethargic and annoyed at everything right now. I don't know if it's the food or something else... The moment someone talks it annoys the hell out of me right now. I'm being a real bitch to my poor family, though they seem to be ok with it. Thank you for putting up with me, family.

THINKING: This pic makes me look like a model with reaaaallly big hands. And I have a big nose, wow.

20170413_155106.jpg

Edited by KurtisM
30 people like this

Doing: Sitting after dinner, planning the upcoming next days

Feeling: Really quite nice. My mind is feeling like a pot of gold. 

Thinking: Twelve different planets? Calling those archetypes brings their energy to life. This can be useful in some situations. 

File Apr 13, 7 02 13 PM.jpeg

21 people like this