Troy

April 2017 Community Challenge: ME, RIGHT NOW

Bobby

@Rosario Your "Jesus take the wheel" comment cracked me up.  I would not have imagine anyone outside the US relating to that!  :)

• LIKE/LOVE 11

estoy

doing:  drink a smoothie after breakfast

feeling: tired

thinking: need to hit the shower for getting ready to the funeral of my grandmother

ps. this was friday morning, I just took the picture to post it later which is now and is in the past when you read this... at least so I think

20170414_085105.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 23

John Roth

I'm sitting at the table writing an article that will be titled "A Michael Student Looks at Doughnut Economics," while I'm waiting for my laundry to finish drying. As a note, Doughnut Economics pulls a whole lot together about the problems with neo-liberal economics and what to replace it with. https://www.kateraworth.com/doughnut/

This is one of the things that's going to have to be done on the path to the Mature Soul society and a resource-based economy.

• LIKE/LOVE 13

Stickyflames
2 hours ago, NickG said:

I like making dumb faces at work while on break. 

What am I thinking? 

Mostly on how much I want to go home. Only 2 hours left! But my job leaves me a lot of time to think and today I started asking myself what keeps me going in life? What gives me this drive to keep going even if things are rather bland and mundane most of the time. And then that led to the realization that if I were to ever tell the story of my life to someone who ever gave enough of a shit to listen then I would not at all be satisfied with that story. My life is basically my life and I'm trying to find a way to fall in love with it so every day isn't just existing but rather living, in the full sense of the word. Not to say I don't like parts of it, the relationships I've made, the little quirks that come up here and there that have become memorable, I'm not not in love with it. So I wonder what I need to do in order to live that life that I love. I have an idea, something along the things of being something you think the world is lacking. Seems a start. 

How im feeling?

Oddly giddy after that realization. I would've thought it would be quite depressing to admit such a thing but it feels good. It feels good to admit what I need, where I'm at, and what I want. Makes me feel more me when I can admit that kind of truth to myself. So, optimistic, curious, and wonder at what I'd like to do. 

Love all your faces 1f601.png1f601.png1f601.png

IMG_0155.JPG

Nothing makes you feel sexier than corporate lighting, amiright? C1e2 grocery store monad almost complete...

image.jpg

Edited by Stickyflames
  • LIKE/LOVE 21

NickG
5 hours ago, Stickyflames said:

Nothing makes you feel sexier than corporate lighting, amiright? C1e2 grocery store monad almost complete...

image.jpg

You right ???

• LIKE/LOVE 10

SunSand

Doing: I was cleaning and vaccuming downstairs to make this tiny little house feel cleaner. I am too lazy to go do laundry right now. 

Thinking: I was thinking about a ton of things. First thing that has been on my mind lately while cleaning is about oil painting. I was watching oil painting videos the last few days and I have a good idea of what to paint now and a cool theme. I have also been thinking about financial issues. I could get more into a bunch of other issues that have been floating around in my head lately, but I have been feeling like I have given them too much attention and I now must detach from those issues else I start to feel strangely negative about Norway. I have been here for over a year now since I left Texas and the crazy drama behind. I decided rather to think about something happier. I am going to read up on taxes and research if there is a housing bubble in Norway. If so, I will rent until it bursts Then I will buy a big house around Lilyhammer. I will need a job first. Also, I probably need to put much more effort in learning Norwegian so I can impress the authorities by speaking their language. So I am not thinking about anything big, just everyday life sort of things for now and thinking of ways to be derpy. 

Feeling: Overall, good. I am slightly bored today, but that is because I my plans have been postponed for this Easter. I feel disappointed that the weather took a turn for the worse as I had planned to start painting this weekend since the weather had been so nice the past few weeks. It would be too cold in the tiny dollhouse where I had set up my painting area.  At least I am excited to try something new once the weather clears up and gets warm again! 

20170416_154133.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 24

SunSand

One for Nicko

Doing: Accomplishing challenges in the game and making Sunsand write this because he is also kind of lazy. Nicko is play Payday 2. He is engaging his true play.

Thinking: He is thinking about how to accomplish these challenges in an analytical and intuitive way. Very absorbed in his game.

Feeling: He is feeling suppressed so that he can think clearer. Luckily he is not feeling anxious atm. 

20170416_153945.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 22

SunSand
45 minutes ago, Troy said:

@Nicko and @SunSand no Mass Effect Andromeda??

Haha, we are currently saving money for a vacation this coming May and also waiting for some patch updates to fix the strange facial expressions we have seen in Mass Effect: Andromeda. Are you playing it right now, Troy?

• LIKE/LOVE 2

RachelL

Decided I would post one..ha. 

Doing: Spending a bit too much time taking pictures from various angles.

Thinking: 'This doesn't make me a narcissistic person, does it? Probably not, I don't usually take selfies. Although, my preoccupation with finding the most flattering angle might be a cause for concern.'

Feeling: Physically, slightly overheated. Emotionally, considerably more grateful than usual.

IMG_0275 (Edited).JPG

• LIKE/LOVE 23