ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • TLE is now in updgraded BETA! Check out our new CLUBS under Community! Don't just Like a post, add a Reaction!
Troy

April 2017 Community Challenge: ME, RIGHT NOW

Miizle    522
Miizle

DOING: Having a quick sit down with a sandwich and a baby monitor and checking my emails in the mids of ohmygod10000things+todo!

FEELING: I'm feeling a bit exhilarated that this photo so conveniently shows what's going on in here! I was also just feeling amused and grateful: My laptop is on top of a bed that has been brought down to the living room (from the guest room, occupied by my visiting father) for my husband to sleep on sometimes when he needs to get a proper sleep. But it heats up on soft surfaces, so as our kitchen floor (behind that plastic sheet) is under renovation, i so happened to have an oven grid (why though??) next to me on the living room table so i put that under the laptop. Perfect! I finally just managed to get myself another sandwich (baby sleeping, woohoo), even a glass of juice (i was quite happy about that one) and had a chair, too, to sit on... but it was hard and cold, aaaand one look & there just so happened to be a random cushion next to me amongst the mess to fix the problem. So i was literatlly thinking just before clicking that TLE email open: I just have everything i need don't i!! So i get to sound all positive and profound hahaha ;D

THINKING: All sorts of things as usual. But amongs them, how i would not and have not ever posted a selfie anywhere i don't think, so this is a big exception for me. And also it's definitely part of my growing process with CF's that has been going on for a little while.

My hair is a mess because my daughter had been pulling it earlier ;P

I really shouldn't be spending so much time on this thing, I should be painting skirting boards because my free time will be up very soon!

Against everything i am, i will not re-read this before posting, to save time, but also to keep this very NOW - if it's messy, yeah! True!

Photo on 4-14-17 at 1.45 PM #5.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 29

Paulyboy    502
Paulyboy

Doing: Waiting to head in to see a production of the Merry Wives of Windsor opera production with the two high school choirs I work with / am chaperoning for their choir tour.

Thinking: I am incredibly blessed, and find it amused that I am thinking of how tired I am, my back hurts, but things are going to be ok ultimately. Wondering why teenagers wear very high heels to formal events even though they wobble and fall over and/or hurt their feet. *cultural shrug* That's a big topic I suppose.

Feeling: Anxiety for "the world" and myself in it. At the same time, I can only continue to make music and focus on my whole-food-vegan weight loss diet. So very sick of my batch cooking. Feeling like I'll change things drastically with what I prepare for next week.

image.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 30

Rosario    1,434
Rosario

Finally having some Me Time after a busy week juggling university projects (Jesus take the wheel!!) and cleaning my home. Reading some pages of 'Howl's Moving Castle', keeping up with TLE,  and going to bed soon. 

Feeling good, sleepy. And grateful. These 4 days off are good for my bodies.  And I love, love you guys.

Thinking that that clear and creative minds are wonderful. And 'sleep is like a time portal to breakfast'...some memes have wisdom.

img.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 29

Bobby    5,368
Bobby

@Rosario Your "Jesus take the wheel" comment cracked me up.  I would not have imagine anyone outside the US relating to that!  :)

• LIKE/LOVE 11

Joe    309
Joe

Doing: Enjoying instant coffee right now, lovely!

Feeling: Not bad, turns out kicking the smoking habit is paying off, so far.

Thinking: Paying attention to the Syrian and N. Korea situation. Those silly souls at varying ages.

170414_001a.png

Edited by Joe
  • LIKE/LOVE 28

Diane    1,034
Diane

Love everyone's photos, everyone looks beautiful!

• LIKE/LOVE 17

Tyrone    101
Tyrone

DOING: Getting ready for TAing today, battling procrastination hard
THINKING: So much to do, so much to see...

FEELING: Serene and focused yet completely unfocused and distracted :-P

KIMG0183.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 29

BrianW    397
BrianW

Doing: Relaxing by the US Capitol waiting for the Tax March to start.

Thinking: Mostly political stuff at the current moment, but mostly enjoying the day and trying not to think about purple unicorns and red dragons. =p

Feeling: A bit nervous about the situation with North Korea, otherwise calm and a bit sleepy.

1492272437518998559479.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 30

Martha    134
Martha

Doing: Watching Voyager after eating too much, avoiding all the chores I can't get to during the work week. I'm not up to working full time but I have to do it anyway to pay those bills. And I watched from bed earlier while April the giraffe give birth live! That was cool. 

Thinking: Don't think about how much I have to do. I hope no new bombs this weekend. How to get my brain to focus on something fun.

Feeling: Pain. Pain. Always pain. Embarrassed to mention it because I think everyone gets tired of my invisible medical issues, but it's the overriding thing I can't get away from. 

IMG_0395.JPG

• LIKE/LOVE 28

mr. po    54
mr. po

Doing: not much. television is on teen titans go but mostly listening to it, I enjoy its silly and often senseless humor.  lounging 

Feeling: like a million bucks. jk.  but its like im finally starting to waking up from a long sleep. Time to rewire old programmings and get ready for a new life. A sense of clarity and inspiration yet apathy and dread as coming changes brings anxiety/withdrawal

Thinking: consciously choose to have fun, be lighter and happier. observe behavior, actions and reactions. "the work" can be tough but how can you brain it out instead of fight? Being present in body and the moment, being friends with all of my selves and facets to work better in harmony.                            s l o w.  d o w n. 

also all the beautiful expressions as humans we are, through our pain and struggles, tireless in resolve to make better ourselves and our world at large. oftentimes we forget to credit ourselves and each other as we should

o yea 

20170415_121100.jpg

Edited by mr. po
  • LIKE/LOVE 25

estoy    463
estoy

doing:  drink a smoothie after breakfast

feeling: tired

thinking: need to hit the shower for getting ready to the funeral of my grandmother

ps. this was friday morning, I just took the picture to post it later which is now and is in the past when you read this... at least so I think

20170414_085105.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 23

Moonfeather    188
Moonfeather

Doing: watching netflix. It's daylight so my energy is lower.

Feeling: nothing

Thinking: wondering why i see so many pics here from Thursday when i only got the email today (Saturday). Missing my TLE family and thinking I need to renew connections and make new ones

IMG_1743.JPG

• LIKE/LOVE 25

John Roth    344
John Roth

I'm sitting at the table writing an article that will be titled "A Michael Student Looks at Doughnut Economics," while I'm waiting for my laundry to finish drying. As a note, Doughnut Economics pulls a whole lot together about the problems with neo-liberal economics and what to replace it with. https://www.kateraworth.com/doughnut/

This is one of the things that's going to have to be done on the path to the Mature Soul society and a resource-based economy.

• LIKE/LOVE 13

Kerrin    366
Kerrin

Doing:  Just finished up posting stuff I want to sell on Craigslist.  Munching on popcorn and having another cup of coffee.

Feeling:  Pretty positive (politics aside!).  Clearing out old stuff is cathartic!

Thinking:  Also wondering how I missed this from Thursday- then Moonfeather cleared that up and I checked to see that I, too, received this today (Saturday).  But

I get behind on emails, so chances are I would have let this sit for 2 days regardless.  Also debating whether I want to go to the gym- or blow it off and get

some other sorting/organizing done.  My guess on how this will end:  I will start going through TLE, catching up on posts- I will miss the gym, not get to any

sorting... I will look up, see it is 9pm and go get Chinese food ;-)

unnamed.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 29

NickG    980
NickG

I like making dumb faces at work while on break. 

What am I thinking? 

Mostly on how much I want to go home. Only 2 hours left! But my job leaves me a lot of time to think and today I started asking myself what keeps me going in life? What gives me this drive to keep going even if things are rather bland and mundane most of the time. And then that led to the realization that if I were to ever tell the story of my life to someone who ever gave enough of a shit to listen then I would not at all be satisfied with that story. My life is basically my life and I'm trying to find a way to fall in love with it so every day isn't just existing but rather living, in the full sense of the word. Not to say I don't like parts of it, the relationships I've made, the little quirks that come up here and there that have become memorable, I'm not not in love with it. So I wonder what I need to do in order to live that life that I love. I have an idea, something along the things of being something you think the world is lacking. Seems a start. 

How im feeling?

Oddly giddy after that realization. I would've thought it would be quite depressing to admit such a thing but it feels good. It feels good to admit what I need, where I'm at, and what I want. Makes me feel more me when I can admit that kind of truth to myself. So, optimistic, curious, and wonder at what I'd like to do. 

Love all your faces 😁😁😁

IMG_0155.JPG

• LIKE/LOVE 26

Eric    808
Eric

1492303296400648782042.jpg

Doing: Chilling outside in the cool evening after arriving and spending the day with my sister's family.

Feeling: Relatively peaceful despite the bouts of specific anxiety recently. Also a bit sleepy. Playing with nieces takes it out of ya.

Thinking: If I can keep the anxiety at bay, life for me is actually pretty good right now. Also realizing I kind of look high in the picture (which, come to think of it, happens in a lot of my pictures). 

Edited by Eric
  • LIKE/LOVE 26

Stickyflames    1,008
Stickyflames
2 hours ago, NickG said:

I like making dumb faces at work while on break. 

What am I thinking? 

Mostly on how much I want to go home. Only 2 hours left! But my job leaves me a lot of time to think and today I started asking myself what keeps me going in life? What gives me this drive to keep going even if things are rather bland and mundane most of the time. And then that led to the realization that if I were to ever tell the story of my life to someone who ever gave enough of a shit to listen then I would not at all be satisfied with that story. My life is basically my life and I'm trying to find a way to fall in love with it so every day isn't just existing but rather living, in the full sense of the word. Not to say I don't like parts of it, the relationships I've made, the little quirks that come up here and there that have become memorable, I'm not not in love with it. So I wonder what I need to do in order to live that life that I love. I have an idea, something along the things of being something you think the world is lacking. Seems a start. 

How im feeling?

Oddly giddy after that realization. I would've thought it would be quite depressing to admit such a thing but it feels good. It feels good to admit what I need, where I'm at, and what I want. Makes me feel more me when I can admit that kind of truth to myself. So, optimistic, curious, and wonder at what I'd like to do. 

Love all your faces 1f601.png1f601.png1f601.png

IMG_0155.JPG

Nothing makes you feel sexier than corporate lighting, amiright? C1e2 grocery store monad almost complete...

image.jpg

Edited by Stickyflames
  • LIKE/LOVE 21

Cong    1,636
Cong

Late to the game. Was walking on the moon😉

IMG_4157.JPG

• LIKE/LOVE 25

NickG    980
NickG
5 hours ago, Stickyflames said:

Nothing makes you feel sexier than corporate lighting, amiright? C1e2 grocery store monad almost complete...

image.jpg

You right 😁😁😁

• LIKE/LOVE 10

SunSand    260
SunSand

Doing: I was cleaning and vaccuming downstairs to make this tiny little house feel cleaner. I am too lazy to go do laundry right now. 

Thinking: I was thinking about a ton of things. First thing that has been on my mind lately while cleaning is about oil painting. I was watching oil painting videos the last few days and I have a good idea of what to paint now and a cool theme. I have also been thinking about financial issues. I could get more into a bunch of other issues that have been floating around in my head lately, but I have been feeling like I have given them too much attention and I now must detach from those issues else I start to feel strangely negative about Norway. I have been here for over a year now since I left Texas and the crazy drama behind. I decided rather to think about something happier. I am going to read up on taxes and research if there is a housing bubble in Norway. If so, I will rent until it bursts Then I will buy a big house around Lilyhammer. I will need a job first. Also, I probably need to put much more effort in learning Norwegian so I can impress the authorities by speaking their language. So I am not thinking about anything big, just everyday life sort of things for now and thinking of ways to be derpy. 

Feeling: Overall, good. I am slightly bored today, but that is because I my plans have been postponed for this Easter. I feel disappointed that the weather took a turn for the worse as I had planned to start painting this weekend since the weather had been so nice the past few weeks. It would be too cold in the tiny dollhouse where I had set up my painting area.  At least I am excited to try something new once the weather clears up and gets warm again! 

20170416_154133.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 24

SunSand    260
SunSand

One for Nicko

Doing: Accomplishing challenges in the game and making Sunsand write this because he is also kind of lazy. Nicko is play Payday 2. He is engaging his true play.

Thinking: He is thinking about how to accomplish these challenges in an analytical and intuitive way. Very absorbed in his game.

Feeling: He is feeling suppressed so that he can think clearer. Luckily he is not feeling anxious atm. 

20170416_153945.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 22

SunSand    260
SunSand
45 minutes ago, Troy said:

@Nicko and @SunSand no Mass Effect Andromeda??

Haha, we are currently saving money for a vacation this coming May and also waiting for some patch updates to fix the strange facial expressions we have seen in Mass Effect: Andromeda. Are you playing it right now, Troy?

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Leela Corman    761
Leela Corman

Okay so I took my hair out of the paintbrush that was holding it up before I snapped the photo, for personal reasons. But this is very much me right now and all the time. At this exact moment I've spent the past week having a hard time with people I love most in the world, one creative collaboration that's up in the air when I want it to take root and be stable, and conflicts that are growing pains with my life partner. I'm thinking about the next round of tattoos I'm getting, one of which is a marker of a certain transition in my marriage as we update our views of each other after 20 years together, and the other is a phrase that came to me a couple of weeks ago and that needs to be carried on my body. I'm making a tattoo appointment as we speak with a former student of both mine and Tom's (illustration and comics) who now works at the tattoo parlor down the street. I'm listening to the album "Liars And Prayers" by Thalia Zedek, an unsettling and beautiful collection of songs written in the years after 9/11. My friend Mel is her pianist. I've loved Thalia for years, but had forgotten about her until last year, and remembering her music and listening to it again is part of the massive transformation I went through last year where I took back the parts of myself I'd rejected when younger, and now I finally like myself for real, after years of self-loathing. I'm obsessed with this record right now, and can't stop listening to it multiple times a day.

me.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 25

RachelL    404
RachelL

Decided I would post one..ha. 

Doing: Spending a bit too much time taking pictures from various angles.

Thinking: 'This doesn't make me a narcissistic person, does it? Probably not, I don't usually take selfies. Although, my preoccupation with finding the most flattering angle might be a cause for concern.'

Feeling: Physically, slightly overheated. Emotionally, considerably more grateful than usual.

IMG_0275 (Edited).JPG

• LIKE/LOVE 23