ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • TLE is now in updgraded BETA! Check out our new CLUBS under Community! Don't just Like a post, add a Reaction!
Troy

April 2017 Community Challenge: ME, RIGHT NOW

Juni    2,088
Juni
11 hours ago, DianeHB said:

@Juni I'm so so sorry for your loss. They are no different from our human family and no easier to let go.

Thanks. She always knew when I was upset and would come and purr on me. I'm missing her terribly.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Juni    2,088
Juni
3 hours ago, Crystal said:

Juni, I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat. I am a cat person, and my cats are my kids, and the loss of each one leaves a void. Yours was a magnificent floof! I love black cats!

Thank you, they are mine too.   I have two more but they are nothing like her. She's left a huge void.

2 hours ago, Uma said:

@Juni: Losing a pet is so painful, like a hole is ripped in your heart. After I went through it, I swore I'd never have another pet. It seemed like one of the 'mistakes' about life that our pets don't live as long as we do. It took a long time to get over, and it still hurts when I remember Rudolph, an amazing Golden Retriever. Very few deaths, even of people I love, have been so rough to process. My loving thoughts are with you.

Thanks. That's exactly how it feels.  

2 hours ago, Susan Flow said:

It's one of the most difficult decisions and I add my condolences.   After giving them a wonderful life, this is our last gift.   I cry every time I have to do this but I remember some thing Michael said:  pets stay longer than they should because they are caring for their owners and don't want to cause them grief.  I send you peace and support  that you may heal soon from this loss.

Thank you. I have to keep reminding myself that she could barely walk and was in a lot of pain daily from her arthritis and kidney issues. I really think she was just staying for me, because I told her if she wanted to go, I'd understand and she started declining almost immediately. 

1 hour ago, MichaelS said:

So sorry Juni. 😢

Thank you.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Juni    2,088
Juni
1 hour ago, Heidi said:

(((((((Juni))))))))

Thinking of you and sending love your way. So sorry for the loss of your sweet friend. Hope you are okay.

Thank you.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Uma    2,316
Uma
4 minutes ago, Juni said:

I really think she was just staying for me, because I told her if she wanted to go, I'd understand and she started declining almost immediately. 

This was one of the more painful realizations I had also, and it takes a lot of courage to let yourself feel it. But as we know, it's the only way to process it and heal, and your other cats may be able to comfort you while you comfort them.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Troy    6,023
Troy

@Juni I have lost people in my life to death, and I've lost hope and lost direction and lost relationships... and on and on... but nothing compared to the deaths of my animal friends, especially the ones whose death depended on my conscious choice. I was just talking to another friend recently who had to go through this with her friend and all I could say is that it never goes away. It gets softer and quieter, but it's just something that is part of you now, like your friend. I say just let it all be a part of you. Carry it with you as something to honor and love, not as a burden or regret. It's not easy, but it turns into something more loving and beautiful over time.

• LIKE/LOVE 13

Juni    2,088
Juni
2 hours ago, Uma said:

This was one of the more painful realizations I had also, and it takes a lot of courage to let yourself feel it. But as we know, it's the only way to process it and heal, and your other cats may be able to comfort you while you comfort them

My youngest has been jumping up on my lap and cuddling me hard. She's trying. 

1 hour ago, Troy said:

@Juni I have lost people in my life to death, and I've lost hope and lost direction and lost relationships... and on and on... but nothing compared to the deaths of my animal friends, especially the ones whose death depended on my conscious choice. I was just talking to another friend recently who had to go through this with her friend and all I could say is that it never goes away. It gets softer and quieter, but it's just something that is part of you now, like your friend. I say just let it all be a part of you. Carry it with you as something to honor and love, not as a burden or regret. It's not easy, but it turns into something more loving and beautiful over time.

Thank you. I was with her and petted her until I felt the life pass from her body. I only regret we didn't have more time together this time around.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

CarolineB    403
CarolineB

Doing: Sitting at my desk at work - the same place I've worked for 13 years. My boss who sits behind me has left the room. There's an electrician drilling next door and we've had to switch our computers off. Now the lights have cut out. 

Feeling: Self-conscious.

Thinking: Why am i making that strange face? Cringe. Also, what I'm writing sounds boring, but is an actual snapshot of my life at this moment, and most days to be honest so there you go :)

20170421_093619.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 17

DanielaS    3,127
DanielaS

@CarolineB I love your hair! And I don't think what you wrote sounds boring. I thought it was subtly and slyly humorous, like the original Office TV show from the UK. I hope the drilling has stopped and the lights are back on!

• LIKE/LOVE 7

CarolineB    403
CarolineB
1 hour ago, DanielaS said:

@CarolineB I love your hair! And I don't think what you wrote sounds boring. I thought it was subtly and slyly humorous, like the original Office TV show from the UK. I hope the drilling has stopped and the lights are back on!

Thanks, Daniela for your kind comments. The drilling has stopped and the lights are back on -  phew! Maybe now we'll finally get to use the kettle and the toaster at the same time without something weird happening! I loved The Office so much, both the UK and US versions! :)

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Diane    1,034
Diane

This picture was taken on the Challenge Day, but I was challenged on how to take a selfie with my computer.  I have my eyes closed because I didn't know where to look.  I found I still had the picture so thought I might as well send it even if it is late.  

Before I received the email, I was making phone calls to doctors in Halifax to look after my son who goes to University there.  Thursday is the day the cleaning ladies come in, so it is the day I normally do things around the house.

Photo on 17-04-13 at 2.05 PM.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 13

Troy    6,023
Troy
2 hours ago, Diane said:

This picture was taken on the Challenge Day, but I was challenged on how to take a selfie with my computer.  I have my eyes closed because I didn't know where to look.  I found I still had the picture so thought I might as well send it even if it is late.  

Before I received the email, I was making phone calls to doctors in Halifax to look after my son who goes to University there.  Thursday is the day the cleaning ladies come in, so it is the day I normally do things around the house.

Photo on 17-04-13 at 2.05 PM.jpg

It's not late! It's beautiful!! And we have all month for the Challenges. Weeeeee!

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Diane    1,034
Diane

Thank you, Handsome!

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Maxim    1,950
Maxim

WIN_20170413_13_13_19_Pro.jpg

This too was taken on the challenge day.  I just found a way to get it posted.  What I was doing was staying at a friend's house in San Rafael; my mission was to empty out a storage unit I have maintained for about 14 years which was quite helpful during my 13 year journey camping, sleeping in a car including 11 years in a van--many of those years I was a working carpenter/contractor.  I did not complete my mission in 6 days and had to return to base on the farm.  (notes for 7th level old: I still have room to work on being unattached in particular to personal possessions.)  More specifically I was playing with the computer camera.  So it was not completely spontaneous.  My feeling was relaxed and curious.  I was thinking I'm cheating framing myself in the photo as I did plus I had some lingering thoughts about another friend and guest at the house who was in a very depressed state and how to best relate.  Our host by the way was away volunteering at a zen retreat center.

• LIKE/LOVE 12

Troy    6,023
Troy

AND THE WINNER OF OUR RANDOM DRAWING FOR APRIL COMMUNITY CHALLENGE IS... @Karine !!!

Details for how to collect on your free session will be in your TLE inbox.

This was one of my favorite community challenges ever. I will cherish this thread and scroll through it any time I miss your beautiful faces. Thank you for your participation. Below is a screen capture of the live drawing using an online random drawing service.

• LIKE/LOVE 10

DanielaS    3,127
DanielaS

Congratulations @Karine !

• LIKE/LOVE 6