Lad the Hun

Searchable

Lad the Hun    112
Lad the Hun

I recently discovered that TLE is more or less search searchable through Google and other sites.

I, perhaps alone on this, do not feel comfortable about this. I wish TLE was a more private and protected sphere.

Asked Troy about it but no reply yet. Can the door be closed, or is it just me feeling a draught?   

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Connor    886
Connor

I understand how that could be unsettling, like dipping a toe into the ocean while thinking about the millions upon millions of toothy creatures sharing that same water.
At the same time, I'm not sure how well we would be served by closing our doors. Certainly our current group might enjoy a sense of 'safety' but what of the many students yet to come, ancient friends who have not yet found us? I found TLE via google over four years ago. It's part of why I'm here now, and it's why five years from now there are people participating in this community whom we have not yet met.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Troy    6,363
Troy
7 hours ago, Lad the Hun said:

I recently discovered that TLE is more or less search searchable through Google and other sites.

I, perhaps alone on this, do not feel comfortable about this. I wish TLE was a more private and protected sphere.

Asked Troy about it but no reply yet. Can the door be closed, or is it just me feeling a draught?   

This has been discussed multiple times over the years and the majority consistently prefer not to have a closed and secret society. Instead they opt to take control over their own privacy using the features and functions available and keep the general discussions and library accessible to everyone. You have control over most of your own contributions and presence, and TLE blocks access to personal blogs and memberships/profiles unless you are a registered member and even then you can even block other members from accessing these. 

If you want to test out what is and is not available to the public, you may need to log out of TLE and do your search. I think only the forums are really searchable and the library.

I feel like we have a healthy balance between privacy and publicity, so if you find any breaches that need to be addressed, I'll definitely reconsider.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Maxim    2,218
Maxim

I seem to recall a comment from Michael that privacy is overrated.  I would think that would be more apparent as we move further into the Mature soul age.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Maureen    5,336
Maureen
21 minutes ago, Maxim said:

I seem to recall a comment from Michael that privacy is overrated.  I would think that would be more apparent as we move further into the Mature soul age.

@Maxim, I don't know if this is the comment (or comments) from Michael that you're remembering. I know I've posted it at least a couple of times already but since you mentioned it I'll share it again, here. It's from a MICHAEL SPEAKS on The State of The Planet – January 27, 2013.

Maureen:  Michael – What did you mean by “There would still be a concept of privacy, competition, and defense in culture of the oldest of souls, but these would tend toward a refinement that may be very difficult for those of you in the current paradigm to even conceive”? Would you give an example of what will be difficult for us Older Souls to conceive?

MEntity:  Maureen, from what we have seen in any older soul paradigm, the concept of competition would tend to be either in playful terms, or in how that competitiveness contributes to the joy and well-being of the others involved. There is no real concept of winning. Games would tend to seem either boring, confusing, or pointless to the younger paradigm of game players. Imagine a football game where there are no teams, no score, and no winners, and you may come close to a glimpse.

MEntity:  This is starting to come into fruition in the world of video games where those games emphasize experience as the priority over the winning or scoring.

Maureen:  I can see that. One of the reasons I don't like professional sports so much is that someone "has to lose". It's heartbreaking to watch at times.

MEntity:  Privacy is all but gone in the old soul paradigm, at least in terms of how those from a young paradigm might see it. Body image issues lose all footing, and clothing becomes optional, while resources are no longer used from a base of competition and debt, but availability, so there is no currency or details about oneself that can be exploited in those ways relative to resources.

MEntity:  Ownership of objects tends to be seen more in terms of borrowed, so that there is little attachment to "things."

MEntity:  When one person may lean toward more ownership of things than another, they are considered available within reason to anyone, and expectations or demands to the use of anyone else's objects is minimal, since they are fairly readily available anyway, and when not available, it is not taken personally.

Maureen:  I have "imagined" that in the future Michael - about not "owning" most things - borrowing even personal things.

MEntity:  There are some hints of this in terms of digital products in your world now, with confusion in place regarding the legalities of control and ownership for such products.

MEntity:  It is a different world of rules regarding ownership when objects can simply be duplicated without effect on the original object. Theft is not only no longer of interest, but no longer of necessity or use.

MEntity:  For now, this paradigm of borrowing is fairly limited to the world of digital products, but is mired in younger soul concepts of profit and ownership. The Priest who was known as "Aaron Swartz" is in a Configuration looking to change this paradigm of competitive ownership.

Maureen:  So his death may have some meaning then?

MEntity:  In terms of defense, the older soul paradigm tends toward dynamics that usurp any necessity for assault and defense in any obvious sense, though there would tend to be tactics in place relative to any known threats. For instance, there would still be concepts of healthy preventions, and remedies, as well as physical weaponry relative to threats.

MEntity:  However, the concept of defense would be relative to threat, not to paranoia, or speculative threat.

MEntity:  Maureen, if those who remain from the Configuration choose to carry forth the point of his vision, awareness could come, but the actual changes necessary for implementing his vision would seem to be for another generation.

MEntity:  The "foot is in the door" of this precarious consideration for the future of digital data, so this was Good Work.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Maxim    2,218
Maxim

@Maureen  Great quote.  I think I recalled a different one of privacy being overrated.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

MichaelS    1,427
MichaelS

@Maureen That's great stuff. As to Privacy...it's a source of comfort to me and in equal measure some great bewilderment, that the MT garner so little external interest. It's as if within our World, we are like Ghosts. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3