PPLD

The Joyous Maths of the Energy Side

PPLD    4,550
PPLD

Well, I actually posted this Henry Purcell piece on the previous TLE platform, but today - I do it again.

I do not share "my" music easily - the music that matters to me... 

I suppose that I find it too vulnerable. I am indeed an introvert extraordinaire (!), also entertaining the insidious Old Soul facets of Self-Deprecation. In this context, in my subjective inner microverse, sharing music is more revealing of my true self, than sharing even the most intimate details about chosen actions in my life..! 

However; posting Sound the Trumpet today again, is a part of a couple of posts I presently am writing.

Whether these will or will not be of interest to you, I also want to share with you, what I personally consider to be the Golden Age of mathematical expression in music - Baroque. The absolute and unchallenged master of conveying facets of the Universe through music, will for me always be my fellow Scholar, J.S. Bach. Nevertheless, I wish to share the joy (unusual for the overwhelmingly brilliant yet otherwise rather gloomy Henry) of the Beauty/Energy side, that I believe is just so pure and unspoiled in its expression here.

Behold - and enjoy - Sound the Trumpet, by Henry Purcell, here performed by the supreme Ms Alison Balsom on a baroque trumpet, and Mr Iestyn Davies a counter tenor magnifique. (And yes, it is Mr Trevor Pinnock CBE on the harpsichord...) 

Sound the trumpet!
Sound the trumpet till around
You make the list'ning shores rebound
On the sprightly hautboy play
All the instruments of joy
That skillful numbers can employ
To celebrate the glories of this day

Edited by PPLD
  • LIKE/LOVE 9

Uma    3,140
Uma

Glorious! Thank you for sharing this. I totally agree that it conveys facets of the Universe. I used to listen to Bach a lot on acid and have incredible visualizations of the structure of the Universe painted by the music. Now just the music does it.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Maureen    5,336
Maureen

Joyful and exuberant! It reminds me of a cool fresh breeze on a warm Spring day, as sunlight dances off rivulets of water, escaping the reach of Winter's hand. I love his voice!  Thank you for sharing this @PPLD

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Timothy J Sullivan    753
Timothy J Sullivan

MMMMMMM love it! Thank you PPLD!!! 

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Diane    1,290
Diane

Yes, love it.  Love the vocals, it has some chanting quality to it.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Diane    1,290
Diane

You are really inspiring me - 'chanting quality' - I guess you could call in ENCHANTING.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

PPLD    4,550
PPLD
16 minutes ago, Diane said:

You are really inspiring me - 'chanting quality' - I guess you could call in ENCHANTING.

You're too sweet Diane 😊 🌻 

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Ingun    2,561
Ingun

I remember this one from before when you shared it :-) It's a really wonderful piece. Baroque music is close to my heart as well, even though I don't play it so often.

• LIKE/LOVE 2