DanielaS

The Most Unsatisfying Video in the World Ever Made

DanielaS    3,546
DanielaS

I thought this was very funny even as it aggravated me at times! I was curious if different Roles and Castings would respond to this in different ways.  Do our Artisan and Artisan-cast friends find this more maddening then those with no Artisaness? Is anyone NOT bothered by this video?

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Bobby    6,120
Bobby

I don't know about Artisanness, but a Pragmatist would find it annoying  :)

• LIKE/LOVE 8

PPLD    5,034
PPLD

This. Is. TORTURE!!!

My whole body is itching ?

• LIKE/LOVE 9

DanielaS    3,546
DanielaS

@PPLD I actually thought of YOU specifically when I saw this video!  LOL ! I knew it would drive you crazy!

Maybe it's also a Scholar thing? Maybe it's the higher Male/Focused energy? Or maybe there are no overleaves correlation at all.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

SharvariJ    515
SharvariJ

This makes my head go fuzzy and my toes curl in. I can't watch it in full screen, and certainly not for 5 whole minutes ???  Priest-Cast Sage, here by the way. 

I showed it to the chef boyfriend and he just laughed. You'd think it would disturb him more but nope. Guess I'm the perfectionist in the relationship ?

• LIKE/LOVE 9

DanielaS    3,546
DanielaS

@SharvariJ Well, I guess it's not a Scholar thing or male energy thing! Now I just want to know who DOESN'T find this video disturbing and what does your house look like? LOL.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Diane    1,614
Diane

I don't know who wouldn't find this video annoying.  I am Idealist, high female energy, high frequency, Scholar-Cast Sage.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Uma    3,808
Uma

I lasted about 1 minute before I fast forwarded to the end, glad I didn't/couldn't watch it through. Priest-cast Warrior with 60/40 m/f and frequency 60 here, from C2E6. We are composed of Artisans, Scholars, Priests and Warriors.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Evelin    1,583
Evelin

Well, that's just like watching my kid try doing things for the first time. I just shrugged and found it kind of boring, actually.

I'm a higher male enegry and lower frequency, a Pragmatist, and otherwise quite "symmetric" as Michael once said about Scholars :)

Edited by Evelin
  • LIKE/LOVE 10

DianeHB    4,370
DianeHB

The cake one and the paper folding one bothered me, but the rest were meh. You don't want to know what my house looks like. 

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Cong    2,032
Cong

I'm more disturbed by the fact that it's 5 minutes long and in "slow motion". I can rarely watch a video longer than 1 minutes unless it's packed with information and super captivating. It must be that 88 frequency...Some scholar influence too.

My goal is flow sliding to acceptance and growth, I feel that the imperfections and asymmetry is something I will push myself to accept...so I am consciously practicing acceptance when I watched...but 5 minutes? No way. 

• LIKE/LOVE 12

Evelin    1,583
Evelin

Diane, whenever I get an overwhelming urge to clean too much, I always remind myself of those studies that say messier people are more intelligent or smth... ;-)

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Ingun    2,735
Ingun

The first 3 examples just made me wonder what is this about because it was just natural things, and why would anyone bother to make a video of it??? Then the rest actually made me laugh out loud.... Still, why bother so much that they even make a video of this.... omg what a waist of time is my first thought... but then again it is funny.

I'm Artisan cast, but Server Role, and my home is minimalistic, simplistic, tidy and clean, but I can also have chaos. I enjoy finding and creating Beauty when there is Chaos.

Edited by Ingun
adding at the end
  • LIKE/LOVE 11

Bobby    6,120
Bobby
1 minute ago, Evelin said:

Diane, whenever I get an overwhelming urge to clean too much, I always remind myself of those studies that say messier people are more intelligent or smth... ;-)

I like to imagine being asked upon first thing returning to the Astral "what was your greatest accomplishment" and the answer being given "I had a clean house" with the ensuing Golf Clap  LOL

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Evelin    1,583
Evelin

Cong, I'm also "old school" (or just getting old) because I still prefer reading text to watching videos. Most music videos annoy the hell out of me. Even TedX lectures make me anxious. Attending lectures in person is OK, as long as I can take notes ;)
Bobby, I hear ya! I had the same thought as a teenager, as an argument for my mother who was trying to get me to clean MY space according to HER standards... After being an au-pair and actually getting paid to clean a house I felt I've proven to myself that I can do it, so I no longer find it an interesting challenge or something to master. I do like minimalist and clean spaces, but there's only so much I can be bothered to give up to accomplish that! Besides, what's imagination for?!

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Uma    3,808
Uma

@Bobby this cracks me up as I get ready for my sister's visit tomorrow. She's a cleaner/polisher and LOVES to clean. I, on the other hand, don't clean until I can't stand looking at the mess. Once I get into it, I enjoy it to some degree, but I never love it. Afterwards, I appreciate having a clean and neat space. @Evelin I agree.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

KurtisM    2,625
KurtisM

Actually, I think Passion Mode would be bothered by this too.

The cake one was unseemly XD. I don't cringe though, but ironically I found structure in this video through the fact that the randomness was so precise.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Juni    2,366
Juni
2 hours ago, Evelin said:

I must live with geniuses.
My Scholar husband and I watched this and we were both bothered. We are both also Artisan-cast. I don't know his freq or male energy, though.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Sarah    568
Sarah

I'm surprised I wasn't bothered by this more, as I have severe OCD. Maybe it's people with OCPD who would find this more troublesome. Most of the videos just seemed like really inept people doing stuff. The only ones that really bothered me were the cake and the cutting of the paper star, because they were so obviously intentional. (I mean, washing your hands with onion juice is intentional, too, but even that one didn't really bother me... and I hate onions!)

For what it's worth, I'm a Scholar-cast Artisan...

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Matt    3,485
Matt

Im an artisan and the video is irritating for sure. I can watch all the way through though. I think if i was next to someone in real life doing those things it would tick me off even more. I definitely need things just so in my life. A quick example, my keys are always in my front left pocket and my wallet always in my back left pocket, they are never anywhere else on me, LoL.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Maureen    5,732
Maureen

I saw this online (FB) and I found it mildly amusing. Life is messy (no doubt) and (some) people are stupid or incompetent ...and so am I at times. ?  I knew if it was "my turn" I would do it differently ...especially after watching all the (on purpose) mistakes in the video. Some felt like a child at play/work and some felt like a sloppy adult and some felt like that's just the way life is at times (the eggshell removal). Life is messy and we clean it up (and ourselves too), when we can, as we go along. 

The discussion on this posting reminded me of the Chief Feature of Self Deprecation. Michael had this to say in a session on Transforming Chief Features.

The 7 Angles of Behavior for help in transforming Self-deprecation might be:

1. YOU ARE NOT IN TROUBLE

For those who struggle with Self-deprecation, there can often be a haunting sense of constantly being on the verge of being caught, being called out, humiliated, made to be an example, or "in trouble." Even when there is nothing to warrant such concerns.

And even more so when there is such a need for concern.

Allow from for failure, for being incompetent, and build on your experiences so that you can learn, or make choices to pursue other directions. If your only concern is whether you will be in trouble, or not, then you will never truly be your best.

2. YOUR BEST MAY NOT BE THE BEST

There are going to be times when you do not meet the expectations of others, or yourself. And the very best that you can do may not be the best that someone else can do. That is a fact of existence. Embrace this and allow kindness as a process in your improvement, or as a part of your freedom to pursue your strengths.

3. CLEAN YOUR CONSCIENCE

That is not a typo. We speak to the necessity for those in Self-deprecation to CLEAN their conscience. By this we mean that the individual take time to note just how much clutter is in the mind that is from the past, buried like shallow graves, gathered there like a cemetery of failures and flaws, ready to be dug up at a moment's notice. It is important that those in Self-deprecation regularly look at these experiences as a PART of who they are, and not defining who they are.

CLEAN your conscience of these metaphorical graves and begin to make room for life, for living things to grow there. Let the failures of the past act as fertilizer, if you will, rather than preserved as some sort of trophy that makes up for competence.

4. CLEAN YOUR ENVIRONMENT

In addition to the clutter of the mind, those in Self-deprecation can fall into clutter of their space, reflecting the building debris of flaws, failures, failed expectations, etc.

For those with Self-deprecation, there can be a high tolerance for clutter, and this can be reflective of the tolerance for the clutter in the mind, heart, and body.

A regular effort to clean, organize, and experience one's space helps to clean, organize, and experience one's self.

Attention to personal hygiene is important here, too. Those in Self-deprecation may not "smell" as a result of lacking personal hygiene, but they may very well skip on certain routines of care for the body that would help them to transform the sense of invisibility and inadequacy into self-nurturing and personal attentiveness.

To that extent, we suggest for 5: CARE FOR YOURSELF

Do not presume that someone else needs to, or should, or could do this for you.

Care for yourself in as many ways you can in a day. Give yourself good food, good entertainment, good bathing, good hygiene, kindness, patience, etc.

6. STOP APOLOGIZING/EXCUSING

As long as you constantly apologize for yourself, you are not being responsible for yourself.

As long as you are making excuses, you are not being responsible.

Apologies and Excuses are deflection from responsibility.

We are not speaking here in terms of the social courtesy of acknowledging grief, or acknowledging a slight, but apology and excuses as a buffer to protect from the ownership of response.

Which brings us to 7: OWN YOURSELF

By this we mean that you freely acknowledge your behaviors, your failures, your flaws, but respond to them through ownership, not as a way to deflect from further responsibility.

When you apologize or offer excuses, you are reacting. You are not owning. When you own yourself, you can respond as opposed to react, and this is key to responsibility.

AN ASIDE: Keep in mind that the Chief Features will not just show up as behaviors in yourself, but as behaviors you endure or attract in others, as well.

Edited by Maureen
  • LIKE/LOVE 7

PeterK    199
PeterK

Well, I'm an Artisan and I found this screamingly funny. I'm definitely from the Precision Camp of the Artisan Role and I have labored over exactness and perfectionism for much of my life. I've probably done most of the tasks shown in this video in some form or other and always with great attention to detail. This behavior showed up very early in my life. I remember one time when I was very little being at a holiday crafts event for children and making my way to a table where one was supposed to paint an ice cream cone to be used as a tree ornament. All the other children slathered on the paint and called it done. But I of course painted each little square that formed a grid pattern on the cone being careful not to get any paint on the embossed ridges between squares. While I worked busily, the other mothers looked on in stunned silence (my own mother told me this years later). I'm convinced that I once constructed ornate chamfered ceilings in some past life. But that precision, exactness, and attention to detail had a dark side. As the years passed it became an increasingly large obstacle that often left me spinning my wheels in a state of paralysis. Over time it became very destructive and, combined with other struggles, eventually sent me into a downward spiral. It has taken five years of painful "attitude adjustment" to work through it all. But now I can watch this video and find it very funny–it's sort of like looking at past photos of who you were many years ago and finding it humorous.

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Diane    1,614
Diane
5 hours ago, Matt said:

A quick example, my keys are always in my front left pocket and my wallet always in my back left pocket, they are never anywhere else on me, LoL.

@Matt

Are you left-handed?

• LIKE/LOVE 7

James D    509
James D

I could only get through about half of it. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6

AnnaD    2,424
AnnaD

I found this video hilarious.  I makes me feel at one with whoever created it. this video is like my life, mainly, in that it is inefficient, repetitive, goes off on unsatisfying and resultingly fruitless tangents, but, hey, whose doesn't? 

I liked how imprecise everything was, especially with relation to food preparation stuff. That cake cutting cracked me up, wiping the hands with onions (????!!!!!!!l), was just madness (go wash your hands!! now!!), and the spilling of various powders I can all relate to. there really are people like this in the world, and I think I liked this video but for the life of me I do not want to watch one fair to middling fail after another for a solid five minutes, I liked the experimental (Lets see how this goes) spirit of enterprise to it, and the acceptance, inspiring, go getting new age music to keep me motivated to watch it. It is sunday over here so I am not expecting much from the world or anyone so this fits my mood quite well. Mainly found it funny. These people exist and I am one of them 50% of the time. 

I am a Scholar cast Scholar 40% frequency. I found it pretty real and inoffensive. Kind of relatable actually.. 

My house is partly a mess, but a clean mess. Our kitchen and garden are the most honest reflections of my order to chaos scale. The kitchen is used and I love using it, but I hate not having enough space to create/test out things, so I make sure the clean dishes are put away (I and Yvonne are the dishwashers), or, the dirty dishes are rinsed and stacked, so as to not take up space. I hate disorganised shit taking up space, that really grinds my gears (from a health and safety perspective and from a please be considerate of others needs point of view)

DSC01321.jpg

Edited by AnnaD
had to give my role, casting and frequency which I'd forgotten to provide.
  • LIKE/LOVE 6