DanielaS

The Most Unsatisfying Video in the World Ever Made

Nick Sweeney (Babylove)    473
Nick Sweeney (Babylove)

This was just funny!  I laughed out loud at the first half.  I think I laughed because I saw so much of myself in it, in terms of trying to do things perfectly, neatly and in an organized fashion.  I also like symmetry or calculated asymmetry.  I can get very annoyed when chaos shows up in the most mundane of activites.  My favorite is that whenever I deal with rice, some of it always has to spill on the damn counter or the floor!!!  Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!  It used to drive me bonkers.  Now I just get mildly annoyed.  I'm working on it.  This video helped me to laugh at myself and maybe even inspires me to create a little chaos of my own on a day-to-day basis with the mundane things of life. The boiled egg peeling disturbed me. lol

• LIKE/LOVE 11

ckaricai    2,539
ckaricai

I've seen this video before and find it hilarious. The skittles mixed with m&ms is my favorite. That's just so mean but like in a fun way. But this video is kind of also on par with the videos of random things being done in a smooth manner "how it's made" style. I could watch those all day. I find them soothing. 

There's another funny video of things going wrong that did make me cringe like something almost coming out of a vending machine and you want to hit the vending machine even tho it's an animation. 

• LIKE/LOVE 9

AnnaD    2,424
AnnaD

@ckaricai they are soothing to watch, realising that some people are just naturally clumsy and need time to master something. The compassion in this video is endless lol.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Kerrin    451
Kerrin

I just wanted some of that cake- and it distracted me most everything else.

EXCEPT the tape and the egg, HATE when that happens.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Matt    3,485
Matt
2 hours ago, Diane said:

@Matt

Are you left-handed?

I am left handed

• LIKE/LOVE 5

NickG    1,148
NickG

Lol this video is hilarious. The M&M's with the Skittles had me cackling because it's the kind of devilish fun I adore. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Sam K    1,039
Sam K

Warrior-cast Scholar, 58 frequency, 55/45.  I found it funny and relaxing.  Wabi-sabi comes to mind.  In truth, though, most of my attention was on the music; I love Trip-Hop.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

H2nna    701
H2nna

I'm Artisan and only found it funny, except when he couldn't spin that thing! I can be pretty sensitive to others mess but my own doesn't bother me, I know where everything is.?

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Miizle    528
Miizle

I loved this video! :D So funny! I'm sage cast artisan, high male, observation, discrimination, idealist and used to have OCD!!

I found most of it funny, not because i could relate (those were just like, mm yeah, that works. Like the paper towel or the tomato cutting), but i think because there was an element of surprise. Towards the end i started trying to predict, which made it even better when it then didn't go that way, like the star cutting, that was so exhilarating! >D

With the cake cutting and paper folding, i just enjoyed the patterns created (plus, the piece of cake came off nicely! That was more satisfying than unsatisfying!)

Now that i look at my overleaves, observation, discrimination, idealism, damn, maybe no wonder i was a perfectionist (in some fields of life), and had a fairly debilitating OCD at one point. I wonder how i would have found this video back then??? Perhaps it would have still tickled my sense of humour more than sense of obsession, i don't know.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Maxim    2,319
Maxim

I'll have to let it settle. Lots to say but no words. Sage cast artisan. 

• LIKE/LOVE 4

DanielaS    3,546
DanielaS

Thank you all for your varied comments on this video. I found the different reactions to be very, very interesting. To me this video represents my struggles with the goal of Flow. It was a humorous reminder that it's OK that things don't always work out perfectly and to respect that other people might go about things in ways that don't conform to my sense of Order, but that's OK. This video was a bit like Exposure Therapy for some of us! Just breath. It's OK. The world won't come crashing down because the cake was cut in a fucked up way. It's still cake and it's delicious.

I really related to what @PeterK said: "But now I can watch this video and find it very funny–it's sort of like looking at past photos of who you were many years ago and finding it humorous."

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Troy    6,626
Troy

I had to stop at the Tomato. I just... couldn't. lol I have a deep-seated fear of becoming the ladies of Grey Gardens. I could so easily fall into that spiral if I don't focus on order and structure!

Based on comments here, I'm thinking this video shows where we are in balancing Order vs Disorder. I don't think it has as much to do with our design as it has to do with how we are working with our design in this life. 

I'm high frequency, high female, and a fluid Role with a lot of other fluid factors in my design. In some lives I probably would have loved this video of deliberate disorder, but I'm in a life where I am focused on bringing balance, so I tend to gravitate toward order and structure so that my chaos can take more intentional forms.

There are others who may be very heavy in the grounded, ordered, and linear factors of design whom you would think might hate this video, but love it because that's their focus of balance.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

NatalieP    120
NatalieP

OK. So as an Artisan with Priest casting, and might I add in passion mode, I thought this was painfully hilarious. I wished I could have jumped into the screen and shown him the way and/or methods to a simple and satisfying completion (assuming the performer is struggling and not enjoying themselves).

Also, this reminded me of the artist monks in the movie Samsara, who make beautiful large coloured sand mosaics, only to blow it away once they finish. I guess I need to practice some of that! ?

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Gavin    27
Gavin
On 4/22/2017 at 9:37 PM, DanielaS said:

@SharvariJ Well, I guess it's not a Scholar thing or male energy thing! Now I just want to know who DOESN'T find this video disturbing and what does your house look like? LOL.

I found it amusing at first then it just became, well, SHMEH!

Maybe even a little YAWN.

As for my house...homely old soul neat

?

Edited by Gavin
Correction
  • LOL 1