Troy

TLE Harmony through Discord [experiment]

Troy

Over the next few months there will be some big changes to TLE that will continue to improve the quality of services and social experience. One of the first things I need to do is dismantle the rarely-used persistent chat (the one that is at the bottom of the site) because it is prohibitively expensive. 

[quick synopsis]

We are testing an alternative solution to community social chat and real-time connectivity

Download the Discord App HERE

Register and confirm your account

Then... TLE's #CausalConnection on Discord is HERE

See Beginner Tutorial at bottom of post

If all goes well, we will expand on the uses of this service and make it permanent!

READ ON FOR FULL DETAILS

Would you like to help us test Discord as a solution?

discord-banner.png

One alternative chat solution that has been around for a long time in the gaming community is now broadening to be used by many communities. It is called Discord. It works across all platforms, OS's, and devices. All of these versions are beautifully-designed and seem to work flawlessly. CLICK THE BANNER ABOVE TO FIND YOUR FAVORITE APP.

Discord allows real-time communication via text or audio with everyone connected to the chat, or privately to any user online at the time or a Friend you have added. Think of this as a more private and practical version of a Facebook Messenger app just for TLE!

discord-down.jpg

There is no integration or embed options at the moment, but it's still a great way to chat with other TLE users when we dismantle the current social chat system.

discord_2.jpg

The icon below will take you directly to the TruthLoveEnergy's #CausalConnection lounge on Discord when you are ready!

TLE-discord-icon.png

WATCH THE TUTORIAL

discord-desk.svg

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Nicko

I know it can see abit overwhelming but I assure you guys, the app is easy and smooth to use :)
As of right now, Troy, sunsand and I are permanent residents, available at all hours (except for the sleepy ones) for a chat, discussion and whatnot. 

Edited by Nicko
typo's
  • LIKE/LOVE 9

Nadine

At least nobody is heavily opposing your suggestion ;)

I don't mind changing to discord. I just downloaded it and will give it a try....

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Connor

I actually missed this post, didn't see it until now. I'll check it out.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

AnnH

I just saw it myself. I don't visit here on my phone much, though.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Troy

It's easy to miss a post, so I sent this out as an email alert. Thanks for the feedback and for helping experiment!

• LIKE/LOVE 3

PPLD

Hm... Added username and ended up on a totally blank screen. Now it says that I cannot connect to that server. Trying on however!

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Maxim

I love the idea... harmony through discord. 

I was just beginning to explore the possibilities of what has been available with the video chat.  I guess I could open up to a little more change.

~~~~~

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Troy
3 hours ago, Diane said:

I have just registered as a user.

I don't see you in the username list. Let me know if you need help and we'll figure it out.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Troy
1 hour ago, PPLD said:

Hm... Added username and ended up on a totally blank screen. Now it says that I cannot connect to that server. Trying on however!

Sometimes the servers go down, so you may have had that happen. It comes back up. I see you in the username list so you must have done everything correctly.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Ingun

I'm in as well. I have heard others using this and they suggested I check it out. So finally.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Ingun

I love Discord already! and I hope more of you will take a step into it and get to know Discord. Not to mention how good it is for all of us to learn something new everyday :-) It is also a great place to have more contact across. We can chat, but we can also REALLY SPEAK WITH EACH OTHER too, in main rooms but also in separate rooms. So many possibilities.

If any of you need help with operating and finding your way with it, I'm sure we can help you out. I have been talking with Nicko and Justine today, and learned a few things, and it's all easy to operate. Don't hesitate to ask me anything if you see me online, I can at least help as much as I can.

I found my way through it this evening, and I discovered that it is a perfect place for me to be able to teach groups online, having workshops for a class.Now I have my own "server" for teaching in there! YAY!

Please come and join us :-)

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 3

PPLD
9 minutes ago, Ingun said:

I found my way through it this evening, and I discovered that it is a perfect place for me to be able to teach groups online, having workshops for a class.Now I have my own "server" for teaching in there! YAY!

Wow! This is fabulous Ingun! Very inspired to explore! Thanks for this review.

I'm on the level where I've created an account, and then changed the username. So now I am both PPLD and Pat L-D (it shows like two separate accounts). But then I thought that the best would be Pat242, so I have the same nick as I have on Beam that is somehow connected... ?

Will sort it out eventually of course, but right now it's kinda' funny.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Ingun
37 minutes ago, PPLD said:

Wow! This is fabulous Ingun! Very inspired to explore! Thanks for this review.

I'm on the level where I've created an account, and then changed the username. So now I am both PPLD and Pat L-D (it shows like two separate accounts). But then I thought that the best would be Pat242, so I have the same nick as I have on Beam that is somehow connected... 1f601.png

Will sort it out eventually of course, but right now it's kinda' funny.

I'll be happy to invite you later to my work :-)

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Hjortur

I am now registered :-)

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Timothy J Sullivan

I'm also registered.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Krissi

I was an early-adopter to the Discord platform (oroginally for gaming,) and I think it's a wonderful space for the TLE community ?

Edited by Krissi