Matt

Buckethead- The way to Heaven

Ingun    2,505
Ingun

Thank you Matt! I hadn't even heard about this guy until today, and now I've spent a whole day listening to his songs and composings, and omg how much he has created and released. I love his music and guitarplaying too. I found out that he's into Martial Arts, plus I saw him playing with a nunchako in a random video which seemed so fun to be able to do. And he has really long fingers, wears a mask all the time and has a bucket on his head. And he never speaks or gives interviews....

From Wikipedia:

Brian Patrick Carroll (born May 13, 1969), known professionally as Buckethead, is an American guitarist and multi-instrumentalist who has worked within many genres of music. He has released 281 studio albums, four special releases and one EP. He has also performed on more than 50 other albums by other artists. His music spans many diverse areas such as progressive metal, funk, blues, Heavy Metal, bluegrass, ambient, and avant-garde music.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Matt    3,127
Matt

I'm glad you like it @Ingun.  Buckethead is quite the eccentric guy, i especially like his robot dances while playing live.  I'm big into guitar music, and i consider him to be the best in the world.  His live stuff is just incredible.  Doesn't even seem human to me as far as (guitar ability). The song i posted is great, but actually my favorite buckethead song is called Sail on Soothsayer, which he wrote for his Aunt who passed away.  i could listen to it all day on a loop.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ3_-SbtOL0

Edited by Matt
  • LIKE/LOVE 2

Ingun    2,505
Ingun
1 minute ago, Matt said:

I'm glad you like it @Ingun.  Buckethead is quite the eccentric guy, i especially like his robot dances while playing live.  I'm big into guitar music, and i consider him to be the best in the world.  His live stuff is just incredible.  Doesn't even seem human to me.  The song i posted is great, but actually my favorite buckethead song is called Sail on Soothsayer, which he wrote for his Aunt who passed away.  i could listen to it all day on a loop.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ3_-SbtOL0

I like that song too, and there are so many good ones! Looking beyond that mask I think he is very human, and from his music I would say someone with a lot of sensitivity and ability to feel deeply.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Matt    3,127
Matt

his soul definitely shines through in his music, its beautiful. 

• LIKE/LOVE 2

James D    473
James D
13 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm glad you like it @Ingun.  Buckethead is quite the eccentric guy, i especially like his robot dances while playing live.  I'm big into guitar music, and i consider him to be the best in the world.  His live stuff is just incredible.  Doesn't even seem human to me as far as (guitar ability). The song i posted is great, but actually my favorite buckethead song is called Sail on Soothsayer, which he wrote for his Aunt who passed away.  i could listen to it all day on a loop.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ3_-SbtOL0

Very hypnotic and soothing. I could listen to this on a loop, as well, Matt. Thanks for sharing. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Jeroen    922
Jeroen

His music is beautiful. Very relaxing and healing to listen to. Thanks, @Matt.

• LIKE/LOVE 1