DianeHB

Goals & Triad of Movement

DianeHB

(Excerpt from Wholeness of Soul, Chapter 2, shared with permission)

Movement can be said to be built from the triad of Action, Interaction, and Reaction.  Life can be created or allowed through any point within that triad, but in any case, the ability to do so Confidently, and Without Attachment to results, will be the key to your more pleasant and pleasurable experience. Keep in mind that non-attachment is not apathy, nor is it a lack of desire. Non-attachment simply means that you acknowledge the inherent nature of change.

GOALS & TRIAD OF MOVEMENT

In most cases of the Ordinal Goal, the experiences of life will lean toward learning how to “REACT more Responsibly,” while the experiences of the Cardinal Goals will lean toward learning how to “ACT more Successfully.”  Those Personalities who have the Goal of Relaxation/Flow will have experiences that lean toward learning how to “INTERACT more Navigationally.”

We will define REACTION as your effort to minimize effects on you. 
We will define ACTION as your effort to maximize effects from you. 
We will define INTERACTION as the freedom from effort as a means to move with the fluctuations of Energy within the life. 

Reaction, Interaction, and Action can be done appropriately (positive) or inappropriately (negatively). 

When Reaction is appropriate, there is a RESPONSE to the Patterns within the life, like the use of an umbrella in an unexpected downpour of rain. Rain is a natural pattern in life, even if it is often unpredictable. However, how you respond to it often determines your experience of it. When Reaction to something as natural as rain is inappropriate, there is Defensiveness, such as anger, helplessness, and agitation at the rain’s effect on you. 

When Interaction is appropriate, there is NAVIGATION within the Patterns that are unfolding, much like a surfer on a wave, or the use of oars in a boat, but when Interaction is inappropriate, there is a crash into Paralysis, much like a sense of drowning in that wave, or losing one’s oars. 

When Action is appropriate, there is SUCCESS that is measurable and personally-fulfilling within the Patterns of the life, such as the fruits gathered from a watered crop, but when Action is inappropriate, there is a sense of Failure, as if one’s efforts meant nothing, such as might be the case if one were to find the yield from that crop not as expected. Appropriate Action does not undermine honest effort.

POSITIVE > Responsible Navigation Success
NEUTRAL > Reaction Interaction Action

NEGATIVE >

Defensive Paralysis Failure

GOING TO EXTREMES
Within all Goals there is a spectrum of experience that ranges across Reaction - Interaction - Action.  Within that spectrum, there are extremes to which one might be inclined to fulfill his or her Goal that are counterproductive.  In all Goals, the eventual point of balance will be in your capacity to REACT, INTERACT, and ACT effectively and appropriately, with confidence, trust, and non-attachment to results. 

If your Goal is Flow/Relaxation, you may find your “natural” counterproductive extremes lean toward Patterns of Inappropriate Interaction within events and relationships, so you may find an emphasis on your constantly learning how to Navigate, not control, the Actions and Reactions that are a part of life around you.  Your increasing capacity to Navigate can then become the basis of more flexible and evolving definitions of Success, and improves your ability to Respond.

If your Goal is Discrimination, Submission, or Re-evaluation, you may find you “naturally” lean toward Patterns of Inappropriate Reaction within events and relationships, so it could be said that there would be an emphasis on your constantly learning Responsibility (ability to respond) as a foundation for your definitions of Success, which then improves your ability to Navigate. 

If your Goal is Acceptance, Dominance, or Growth, you may find you “naturally” lean toward Patterns of Inappropriate Action over events and relationships, so it could be said that your emphasis is on constantly learning to define what Success even means to you in the first place so that you can build your foundation for understanding your Responsibilities, which then improves your ability to Navigate.

Although we described the above as inclinations toward specific, inappropriate extremes relative to certain Goals, there are no rules to these inclinations, and one may experience any of these extremes, regardless of Goal.  To help you examine further as to which extreme you may be inclined, regardless of your Goal, you can explore the following statements:

When one experiences Inappropriate Actions, one tends to be disappointed in what one is GETTING OUT OF LIFE.

When one experiences Inappropriate Reactions, one tends to be disappointed in what one is GETTING OUT OF OTHERS.

When one experiences Inappropriate Interactions, one tends to be disappointed in what one is GETTING OUT OF ONESELF.

People who are Responsible, Successful Navigators realize and behave in ways that recognize that WHAT YOU GET OUT OF LIFE, OTHERS, and SELF IS BASED ON WHAT YOU GIVE.

THE TRUTH ABOUT THE LIE
Some of you may delude yourselves into thinking that you “give and give and give” or “try and try and try” and you get nothing (or very little) in return, or that you are constantly imposed upon in some way that does not allow for your true nature to shine.  This is one of your Great Lies to sustain the momentum of false security in the routine patterns of frustration in your life. 

The truth is: Your life is exactly as you need it; EXACTLY; without exception; including your defensiveness, your failures, your successes, and your responsibilities. This does not mean you like it or understand it. When you no longer need things the way they are (or think you need them the way they are), they can change.  When you no longer want things they way they are, you can change them. There is something of value in your life AS IT IS, even with the effort and intent to change it. To interpret differently is to lie to one’s self.  

Unless there is another fragment, or group of fragments, who are creating a karmic imbalance by removing your ability to Choose, which would be in the form of some kind of imprisonment, torture, or death, then you have the ability to Act, Interact, or React in a way that can evolve in alignment with your wishes as a Personality and Essence.  This means that any person who is undermining you, or any situation that is disempowering you, that you cannot describe as unlawful imprisonment, unsolicited torture, or murder, is a condition sustained ONLY by your participation in it. If you wanted things to change, you would change it.  If you have not changed it, then there is some kind of value seeming to be gained from it. 

While this truth may seem harsh, it is, in fact, quite freeing. There is no fault here. No blame. Only a recognition of the nature of those undesired things in your life that could, can, or would change, but have not. 

You may not have control over many circumstances and conditions in your life, but you will always have control over your perspective of those circumstances and conditions, which is where the greatest and truest change exists. How you interpret your circumstances and conditions makes a difference.

Being honest with yourselves about the investment you have in the supposed “worst,” or most uncomfortable, patterns of your life can be quite freeing, potentially unbinding your energy to move in ways that are far more genuinely alive, and beneficial for all involved.  Some of your “worst” situations, conditions, or perspectives of those situations and conditions, may actually have a great deal of “payoff” for you in ways that you have not taken the time to explore because your Reactions are defensive. Or you may have the capacity to change your situation, condition, or perspective, or do things differently, but you have not made the effort because your Actions continue to be interpreted as Failures, instead of as processes of learning.

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 16
  • THANK YOU 2

DianeHB

That last part is not about goals, but it's so good I couldn't leave it out. I need to go back and reread all the WoS chapters I have. I noticed myself understanding it much more this time around.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Uma

Like Diamonds from the sky! The gems keep raining down. Thank you @DianeHB

The clarity is dazzling.

Edited by Uma
  • LIKE/LOVE 5

KurtisM

Ooooh new "old" information :) I like it.
This is elucidating, thanks for posting. I relate to the description for Flow.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Uma
21 minutes ago, DianeHB said:

I noticed myself understanding it much more this time around.

Before I found TLE, all I had were the Yarbro books, which I read and reread hundreds of times and always got something new. But the abundance of things to read here is so enormous--it's like going from a puddle to the ocean, and I feel like a breaching whale, splashing and having a great time. 

• LIKE/LOVE 8

PPLD

Wow!

Have to re-read. A couple of times.

Brilliant. Thank you so much for posting Diane!

...And WHAT is WoS???

• LIKE/LOVE 6

DianeHB
24 minutes ago, PPLD said:

Wow!

Have to re-read. A couple of times.

Brilliant. Thank you so much for posting Diane!

...And WHAT is WoS???

I know right? 

Wholeness of Soul was a 12-month personal development workshop with Michael. The material was pre-channeled and we only got through chapter 4 before it got put on hold indefinitely. The channeling from WoS is some of Troy's best work. 

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Maureen

Thanks, @Diane!! Yes, it was most excellent. Geraldine loved it, too. I keep on thinking of asking Troy to resurrect the WOS course (I was on the 2nd one) BUT so much is always going on I've hated to ask Troy to pile even more on. Maybe your intuition is tuned in and it's time. Third time may be the charm!    :go:

Leprechaun.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 8

RachelL

"If you wanted things to change, you would change it."

Tough love from the Action-oriented Kings and Warriors ?  But it is exactly what we need to hear sometimes. Thanks for sharing this, Diane!

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Maxim

If your Goal is Flow/Relaxation, you may find your “natural” counterproductive extremes lean toward Patterns of Inappropriate Interaction within events and relationships, so you may find an emphasis on your constantly learning how to Navigate, not control, the Actions and Reactions that are a part of life around you.  Your increasing capacity to Navigate can then become the basis of more flexible and evolving definitions of Success, and improves your ability to Respond.

That speaks to me.

5 hours ago, Uma said:

Before I found TLE, all I had were the Yarbro books, which I read and reread hundreds of times and always got something new. But the abundance of things to read here is so enormous--it's like going from a puddle to the ocean, and I feel like a breaching whale, splashing and having a great time. 

Well said, @Uma .  I don't know of any other place in the Michael world like this in which Troy has so generously provided so much useful material. 

• LIKE/LOVE 7

CarolineB

This is great, thanks Diane :)

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Kasia
19 hours ago, DianeHB said:

If your Goal is Acceptance, Dominance, or Growth, you may find you “naturally” lean toward Patterns of Inappropriate Action over events and relationships, so it could be said that your emphasis is on constantly learning to define what Success even means to you in the first place so that you can build your foundation for understanding your Responsibilities, which then improves your ability to Navigate.

Wow, this totally just described the last 20 years of my life! In fact, the whole post tied in a bunch of different things and how I see them interacting. Thank you, @DianeHB!

I've also been wondering what WoS is/was, so I'm glad to finally get the answer (thanks for asking @PPLD). Is this material available anywhere? I can see how you'd find it some of Troy's best work. And I love Michael's directness in throwing down the Truth. ?

• LIKE/LOVE 6

DianeHB
3 hours ago, Kasia said:

Wow, this totally just described the last 20 years of my life! In fact, the whole post tied in a bunch of different things and how I see them interacting. Thank you, @DianeHB!

I've also been wondering what WoS is/was, so I'm glad to finally get the answer (thanks for asking @PPLD). Is this material available anywhere? I can see how you'd find it some of Troy's best work. And I love Michael's directness in throwing down the Truth. 1f60a.png

Unfortunately, no. Parts of it was posted on the old site (the part on Shame, maybe?) and may or may not have been transferred. The course was held on a separate classroom website and the material was only accessible there. Since the material has never been posted publicly, it's up to Troy whether he wants to share it now. I posted this excerpt with permission.

I'd love for him to run the course again and finish it this time. Maybe if enough people ask for it, it'll happen. ;)

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Luciana Flora
On 07/05/2017 at 6:06 PM, DianeHB said:

When Action is appropriate, there is SUCCESS that is measurable and personally-fulfilling within the Patterns of the life, such as the fruits gathered from a watered crop, but when Action is inappropriate, there is a sense of Failure, as if one’s efforts meant nothing, such as might be the case if one were to find the yield from that crop not as expected. Appropriate Action does not undermine honest effort.

That makes perfect sense to me. My goal is acceptance. And many times I felt that way. As if my efforts and nothing were the same. I never imagined it had anything to do with Goal. I found very interesting.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

KurtisM
1 hour ago, Luciana Flora said:

That makes perfect sense to me. My goal is acceptance. And many times I felt that way. As if my efforts and nothing were the same. I never imagined it had anything to do with Goal. I found very interesting.

Luciana, there's a session buried around this site on Goals.
A Goal is what you're not good at doing, but you're motivated on some level to do it, and it describes what quality you wish to extract from your life experiences, especially when dealing with the outside world.

So people with Acceptance blatantly suck at genuinely accepting or being acceptable- because they must work through issues of the truth, confidence, communication and love quite personally. However Acceptance is still motivated on some level, to do what they find acceptable to or accepting of themselves and others.
By extension then, in order to see patterns of acceptance, this must be what they gain from going through experiences. As they have experiences, those with Acceptance are deriving or extracting from those all patterns indicating their level of acceptance+acceptability, and the levels of acceptance+acceptability others seem to have as well.
So the Goal is kind of what you carry with you as a mark of your success, navigation and responsibility- or failure, paralysis and defensiveness.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

Maureen
1 hour ago, KurtisM said:

Luciana, there's a session buried around this site on Goals.
A Goal is what you're not good at doing, but you're motivated on some level to do it, and it describes what quality you wish to extract from your life experiences, especially when dealing with the outside world.

So people with Acceptance blatantly suck at genuinely accepting or being acceptable- because they must work through issues of the truth, confidence, communication and love quite personally. However Acceptance is still motivated on some level, to do what they find acceptable to or accepting of themselves and others.
By extension then, in order to see patterns of acceptance, this must be what they gain from going through experiences. As they have experiences, those with Acceptance are deriving or extracting from those all patterns indicating their level of acceptance+acceptability, and the levels of acceptance+acceptability others seem to have as well.
So the Goal is kind of what you carry with you as a mark of your success, navigation and responsibility- or failure, paralysis and defensiveness.

@KurtisM, I don't see that our Goals are necessarily about "blatantly sucking" at something I see them as a choice we make for a lifetime to hyper-focus on something that supports our Life Task. I can see that as Personalities our "sucking at" quotient isn't any better or worse for any one of the 7 Goals including our own Goal. It's just where we happen to have chosen to focus our attention this time around.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

KurtisM
22 minutes ago, Maureen said:

@KurtisM, I don't see that our Goals are necessarily about "blatantly sucking" at something I see them as a choice we make for a lifetime to hyper-focus on something that supports our Life Task. I can see that as Personalities our "sucking at" quotient isn't any better or worse for any one of the 7 Goals including our own Goal. It's just where we happen to have chosen to focus our attention this time around.

I could've chosen gentler words. It just means we're not great at doing it because we haven't had the necessary experience to develop that goal as a strength for this personality yet.

It's more me playing with words than actually turning them into blunt truths.
Personally, I do suck at Freedom, but I don't let that be the truth of my efforts at navigating. Saying I "suck" at feeling free means that I feel like my actions aren't up to par with my ideals, and when in my negative poles that's discouraging, while in the +Poles it's actually just informative and even encouraging.
Anyways, I agree with your statements. 

• LIKE/LOVE 4