Troy

How To: ADD VIDEO

Troy

ADDING VIDEO

STEP ONE - start your post or blog entry, and write whatever it is you wish to write so you can see better where you would like to add the video.  Put your cursor where you would like the video to go, and then click/tap the icon for YouTube in your editor toolbar.

youtube1.png

STEP TWO - go to the YouTube page where your video is. NEVER COPY A YOUTUBE VIDEO ADDRESS FROM THE BROWSER ADDRESS BAR - NEVER - instead, look below the video, click SHARE, then copy the url generated there, or click on the Embed tab to copy the Embed code. The URL should be fine.

MOBILE DEVICES - If you are grabbing your video from a mobile device, just look for the SHARE options and Copy Link.

youtube2.png

STEP THREE - go back to TLE, paste the URL in the "Paste YouTube Video URL" field or paste the Embed code in the "Paste Embed Code Here" field. Next, UNcheck "show suggested videos" and DO CHECK "make responsive" (responsive means that the video will adapt to all screen sizes) - click OK

youtube3.png

STEP FOUR - you should now see a full preview of your video post. Beautiful!!

youtube4.png

EXAMPLE - Note that you can resize your browser and note that the video adapts in size.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Troy

*bump* I just went through the site to fix several video posts. Please ensure that you check the "make video responsive" when posting a video (step three.) Otherwise the video distorts the site or runs far out the boundaries of a page, especially on tablets and phones. Thanks!

Troy

BUMP - please read this if you have or will post videos: PLEASE *always* check the box "MAKE VIDEO RESPONSIVE" so the videos format properly on Mobile devices. 

Thank you.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

DanielaS
8 minutes ago, Troy said:

BUMP - please read this if you have or will post videos: PLEASE *always* check the box "MAKE VIDEO RESPONSIVE" so the videos format properly on Mobile devices. 

Thank you.

I always make sure to check that box, but I don't think it works with the Embed code. I just reposted a video and this time used the Share URL instead of the Embed code.

Troy
1 hour ago, DanielaS said:

I always make sure to check that box, but I don't think it works with the Embed code. I just reposted a video and this time used the Share URL instead of the Embed code.

Of okay, if you use the embed code, just look at the code and change WIDTH to 100% (make sure you leave the quotation marks).