Troy

Role Prejudices and Stereotypes

Troy    6,627
Troy

This is one of the best conversations yet on TLE. No one has to direct or guide or push or challenge you. It is so beautiful to me to see everyone open up, own their shit, and then turn to themselves for solutions over presuming someone else needs to change. Thank you for that. You guys really do your homework. I love it.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Christian    361
Christian

Most honest assement....I am more focused on figuring ky own shit out than trying to worry about if someone is an X or not.

Any labeling system is going to have generalities.  Stereotypes will arise. People are not labels and stereotypes are usually trend lines.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Liisa    61
Liisa
On 27.5.2017 at 9:20 AM, Erin said:

For me it was servers -at first.  I have an independent personality and am King-cast, so I just didn't feel the respect I should feel for them.  I couldn't understand why anyone would want to be a server for an entire grand cycle.  I viewed many of them as submissive push-overs. 

Now, of course, I know that was my chief feature of Arrogance rearing its ugly head. Not one role is better or more useful than the other.  Servers are extremely important to society- they can teach us to love, be accepting of love from others.... and be *cough* humble.

Apologies to any servers reading this. I was wrong.  I love you!

Yeah, I thought that about servers too, until I found that I was one. 

• LIKE/LOVE 2

PPLD    5,034
PPLD
4 hours ago, Uma said:

Am I being a twat by pointing out self-dep here, Pat?

Oh god no. It's just playing down what a bitch I can be ?.

Regarding observing CFs, I'm with you @Evelin. I am in constant observation mode of my own. Doesn't mean that I always succeed in transferring them towards the Positive Pole, but it is truly only interesting to me what I myself choose to do with what triggers me, despite the other.

Nevertheless @Uma, I do keep an awareness of someone else's CFs, especially if we are dependent on each other for some reason. And I dare say that I am more tolerant to others than to myself. I do not however accept when people want to engage me in their own dramas. Even less if they want to put the responsibility on me. Meaning - I can be there and provide the support I se possbile, once, twice, fifty times but after that we are done. I will not be solving the riddle of your existence for you dude. 

Edited by PPLD
  • LIKE/LOVE 2

catherine    153
catherine
23 hours ago, Connor said:

And Warriors. For a while I believed warriors were way too tightly wound up. They needed to chill out and stop treating everything as a test of loyalty and then freaking out screaming BETRAYAL whenever something didnt go their way.

I want to cringe! This is fits me to a T. My closest friends have all made similar comments about me as well. My feelings of betrayal are rarely expressed explicitly, though ...except for that one time I threw a hissy fit in high school and made the dramatic decision to be alone forever. Gooood times.

21 hours ago, Troy said:

In an honest assessment, how invested do you feel you are in your assumptions about certain Roles? Let's say on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being that you think your assumptions are always right and that these assumptions shape how you feel about a person and 1 meaning that you only notice these assumptions come up if they are prompted by very certain triggers.

I honestly think I start out at 1 with all the Roles, however, like @PPLD, the level shoots up when triggered during a time when I neglect my own mental-emotional wellbeing and consequently others'. I have learned most with the Roles I have most difficulty (and experience) with: Servers and Priests. BECAUSE there is more friction with these two, I make it a point to be conscious of the potential pitfalls and my own sore spots as well as their's. Knowing the negative and positive stereotypes/tendencies is definitely effective in understanding, accepting and modifying what isn't working to move towards a more mutually satisfying interaction and stronger relationship. Clarifying where you are and how you feel helps (as well as acknowledging what the other party intended and/or wanted and asking them to clarify where they are); it might seem like you are justifying or excusing yourself, and it may be to some extent, but I noticed that it's a good way to bridge misunderstandings and "start over". I think I kinda sorta went off topic but the timing of this thread ties in nicely with a lot of things that have been on my mind.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU 1

Troy    6,627
Troy

CHECK IN QUESTION: Do you think having a discussion like this reinforces your prejudices, or do you think it is a practice in owning our assumptions and freeing ourselves from limited understanding or limited experiences of the Roles?

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Uma    3,808
Uma

Last night, just before I fell asleep, I realized that I have assumptions and prejudices, not about Roles so much as about Soul Age! I was thinking about some people and the thought, "Well, what can you expect from a Young soul?' went through my mind and I realized I have negative feelings about Young souls! It happened just as I was fading, so I thought I would mention it here, since I have been so 'innocent' in my own mind regarding the Roles. Ha! So, confessing here.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

PPLD    5,034
PPLD
46 minutes ago, Troy said:

CHECK IN QUESTION: Do you think having a discussion like this reinforces your prejudices, or do you think it is a practice in owning our assumptions and freeing ourselves from limited understanding or limited experiences of the Roles?

I thinks it's brilliant!

It helps a lot in learning about anything really. 

As I said in my first post - I am very comfortable with both having generalisations and being exposed to such, because it is just a step in the process of refinement. So for me to look closer into generalisations, helps to discern between what is recognition and what is stereotype.

Love it!

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Astra Bianca    150
Astra Bianca
On 5/29/2017 at 3:28 PM, PPLD said:

Bulls eye and viewpoint shared by yours truly. @Astra Bianca @James D do you recall our nightly Role discussions at the Gathering!!! OMG I'm dying here at the memory..! 1f602.png 

Omg yes! I can now identify them out in the world because of this trait. I'm like OMG GET TO THE POINT. It's difficult sometimes because it seems to lack emotional connection. I have a hard time "hearing" someone when it's just data and not experience. 

• LOL 1

Astra Bianca    150
Astra Bianca
On 5/28/2017 at 8:43 PM, Kerrin said:

Wait, WHAAAAAAT?

OK, I say that Kings are the most typecast due to some REALLY bad old channeling.  We really just want to be left the hell alone ;-P

I find it really hard to pigeon-hole the roles.  I know some sort of "profile" had to be created for each, to help students try to figure out their personal overleaves.

But those very overleaves really flavor each person (and their role) differently.  I might add my 5 cents though:

Servers:  Enough with the "doormat" stereotype-  Servers are the toughest cookies of all.  Hands down.  No contest.  And you can make your own damn coffee.

Artisans:  I seem to notice that the Focused vs Fluid ratio has a noticeable effect on Artisans.  Higher "masculine" energy seems to ground an Artisan in a way that makes the role not immediately obvious- at least to me (esp based on a stereotype).  Higher fluid energy Artisans literally leave a trail of glitter (esp if they have some Sage mixed in <snap!>).  But overall, I do not find Artisans flaky at all-  I actually think all those inputs allow them to juggle things better than most of us (esp us 1-input-ers).

Warriors:  I don't understand what anyone would find "scary" about a Warrior-  they all seem very solid and grounded to me, no matter what the casting.  ESP Old Warriors -who finally stop wearing belts made out of the body parts of conquered enemies.

Scholars:  By the time they reach Old, Scholars know waaaay too much about waaaay too many subjects- and they want to tell you ALL about "something".  I always learn something new from a Scholar though....esp if trapped in a corner by one for an hour (or three).

Sages:  I find the stereotype of the "ham" or attention-seeker to be completely false.  Sages have charisma and will attract everyone's attention- IF they want to.  Sage- casts are louder than Sages-  and some Sages (esp Warrior-cast) can be quite subdued.

Priests:  By the time they reach Old, they are SO OVER everybody's crap.  And they will tell you that.  No more f*cks to give- unless you really deserve it.

Kings:  Leave.Us.Alone. 

I cannot understand how anyone could say they "don't get along" with any particular role when everyone is configured so uniquely ;-)

Oh Kerrin, I just love you!!! You're too awesome.

i think for me to discuss the roles, I have to do it in terms of my subjective relationships and feelings in communication and relation to them, as I am a sage cast artisan role. 

Server roles- I appreciate fhis role a great deal and have much compassion for the energy of exhaustion and strength I feel emanating from them. However, when it gets too into my "aura" it makes me too sad to stay in their presence for long.

artisan roles- I have high female energy and a high frequency but I have spent a lifetime (or maybe more?) trying to ground myself, and surrounding myself with warriors and solid / earthy feeling people. And of the roles, I get the most annoyed by artisans. I feel our fluidity and almost spaced outness and self destruction. Watching the most artistic and creative and profound roles take a slide towards not creating and instead self destructing, is heartbreaking and frustrating. I feel so many of us do not live to our potential . It's helped me understand my own tendency to do this and is very difficult to break within myself, much less help anyone else with. I usually help myself and other artisans by just saying "create". Create your art, your life, your surroundings. But don't stop. To stop is to whither and die. I've noticed some are put off by me. Maybe because I'm very solid feeling. Idk.

Priest - for me, priests often hard to relate with. I engage in sarcasm and all kinds of humor that help me navigate through life without self injury. Priests often are very serious and defensive about what "love is" which I appreciate, but sometimes I just want to bitch/ and or laugh about it sarcastically, and THEN move on to the love and healing. In other words. They don't relate to my brand of humor. And with a sage casting, I can't seem to scale it back. What it does for me outweighs the fact that they are annoyed by it. 

Kings- some kings seem very rigid and dry. Which is sort of like a steak with no seasoning. However, I've known some delightful ones! Kerrin is very special to me! Every time I'm around her I get the itch to entertain her, or ask her advice, or want her company, in general. Her no means no and she gives an energy of deserving respect and consideration. I find these qualities intoxicating! I have an problem demonstrating these qualities in my own life, so it's nice to have kings around to help guide in that way. 

Warriors- sigh. Warriors. My relationship with them has been ongoing a lifetime. My relationship with them has been mixed. Mostly on the not so productive side. However, the older they get in soul age, the more I get along with them and see the intended use of the structure and discipline and order they have innately in them. The younger souls can be brutal, bullying, threatening, extremely uncompassionate, and very do it my way. I have lived with those throughout my life. The gathering was the first time I saw warrior role as defined by it disciplining itself rather than others. It was much more enticing to me to observe and learn from a warrior ordering itself than preaching how I should do it (while NOT doing it themselves). 

Sage- I have mixed relationships with sages. Some are obnoxious in the sense that you can't get a word in edgewise, or they spout their "wisdoms" in a overly forward and confrontational way without really thinking about how it will be received. There is a kind way to say things and privately is preferred. Sage energy is very big to me. Very outward turned. Relatively easy to talk to and fun to watch. When I'm in the mood for entertainment or discussion, they're the go to. 

Scholars: okay dudes. A great scholar to me, will offer information when I need clarity , will get to the point, and will discuss their EXPERIENCES, rather than textbook knowledge. Many scholars I've known give advice about that which they have never experienced and do not understand the complexity emotionally / physically/ mentally of enduring or navigating through such an experience, and often sound very matter of fact/ cold in their delivery of this advice. If they had a true understanding and experience with that which they are counseling about, there would be much more compassion in the advice / wisdom. Scholars can ramble like crazy. And often don't pick of social cues. If someone keeps walking away from you, or obviously trying to close up the conversation, the conversation is OVER! Please stop the encyclopedia britanica! what I love about so many scholars is that they usually know their details on events well! Pretty amazing stuff when I can't remember where something is, my genealogy timeline, dates for events, or information I need, scholars come to the rescue!  Sometimes one DOES need just the facts, and when that time comes, scholars are my saving grace.

my 2 cents

Edited by Astra Bianca
  • LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU 1
  • LOL 1

Kerrin    451
Kerrin
8 hours ago, Astra Bianca said:

Oh Kerrin, I just love you!!! You're too awesome.

Back atcha, Astra!! ?

I am always amazed by the depth of your perceptions and heightened sensitivity to everything and everyone around you.  I don't know if it comes with the fluidity of your role or the combination of all your overleaves-  but I really feeling like a lump of concrete next to you :-O

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Luciana Flora    1,112
Luciana Flora
8 hours ago, Astra Bianca said:

Warriors- sigh. Warriors. My relationship with them has been ongoing a lifetime. My relationship with them has been mixed. Mostly on the not so productive side. However, the older they get in soul age, the more I get along with them and see the intended use of the structure and discipline and order they have innately in them. The younger souls can be brutal, bullying, threatening, extremely uncompassionate, and very do it my way. I have lived with those throughout my life. The gathering was the first time I saw warrior role as defined by it disciplining itself rather than others. It was much more enticing to me to observe and learn from a warrior ordering itself than preaching how I should do it (while NOT doing it themselves).

What you said about yanug warrios was just what made me doubt to be a warrior at first.

I do not think I'm a scary person. And I think those who know me do not see me like that either.

I suffered bullyng at school .. I just can not imagine myself practicing this with anyone 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

KurtisM    2,625
KurtisM

@Astra Bianca

I'm not a Scholar, just Scholar-cast but what you said about them is something I've had to deal with about myself.

Nowadays, MOST of the time I'll just say I really don't know if I don't know- rather than piece together assumptions from pieces of information like a puzzle so I can say something.

That, or I'll give my theory but I'll make sure the other person knows it's just my theory, not the truth.

I find most of my Theory and Abstractions are now about allowing myself to take risks so that I gain some experience.

But having a Realistic Attitude I'm never conclusive that my limited range of experiences can speak to everyone. It's simply information and personal experienve that can possibly help, but it's not a guarantee.

If I don't take risks, I grow invisible and get stuck, and then comes a cascade of Self-Destruction, Panic and Rejection.

So your comment has helped me link my Artisanness to my Scholarliness.

Btw I agree with you that Scholars can give such information dumps. 

You have an issue, we have a load of data take it.

It's been an issue of mine that I can drown people away by pushing out too much info, ideas, theories etc.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Astra Bianca    150
Astra Bianca
4 hours ago, Kerrin said:

Back atcha, Astra!! 1f60d.png

I am always amazed by the depth of your perceptions and heightened sensitivity to everything and everyone around you.  I don't know if it comes with the fluidity of your role or the combination of all your overleaves-  but I really feeling like a lump of concrete next to you :-O

A lump of concrete???? No way! Maybe you're more grounded than me. That's a good thing. I can be all over the place sometimes, in my head, or physically. So I NEED some grounding. I think the Kingly energy is so solid. So definite. It's almost automatically trustworthy to me. Very interesting, because I rarely feel the pull towards someone as strongly as I do toward a King. And Kerrin we must have some good past life juju because I keep getting the feeling like you've instructed or advised me before... like I need to keep looking over at you and asking "is this right?" "Am I doing this right?" If you're not a CEO, you could be! 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Astra Bianca    150
Astra Bianca
4 hours ago, KurtisM said:

@Astra Bianca

I'm not a Scholar, just Scholar-cast but what you said about them is something I've had to deal with about myself.

Nowadays, MOST of the time I'll just say I really don't know if I don't know- rather than piece together assumptions from pieces of information like a puzzle so I can say something.

That, or I'll give my theory but I'll make sure the other person knows it's just my theory, not the truth.

I find most of my Theory and Abstractions are now about allowing myself to take risks so that I gain some experience.

But having a Realistic Attitude I'm never conclusive that my limited range of experiences can speak to everyone. It's simply information and personal experienve that can possibly help, but it's not a guarantee.

If I don't take risks, I grow invisible and get stuck, and then comes a cascade of Self-Destruction, Panic and Rejection.

So your comment has helped me link my Artisanness to my Scholarliness.

Btw I agree with you that Scholars can give such information dumps. 

You have an issue, we have a load of data take it.

It's been an issue of mine that I can drown people away by pushing out too much info, ideas, theories etc.

I love the idea of risk taking! So many beautiful things have happened in my life as the result of taking risks. Some crazy things have happened as well but they have also been of value. I think as artisans, as well (you are one right?), we have this tendency to feel innately unworthy of our life. We tend to implode and fall in on ourselves. To isolate and not participate in our lives. But we matter. We matter for our creation, our inspiration, our manifestation of what can be done more efficiently or beautifully. We matter because we are here, and because we just are. We matter because every role matters and has a unique flavor only it can add to the larger picture, the grand view and finale. And we Artisans sense things. We pick up things from beyond ourselves which guide us to know what to create and how and when. It comes from within but also outside of us. In essence everything we do is a risk. Starting with but not limited to Michaels statement for us to "GET OUT OF THE HOUSE." We have so much to offer. It's a struggle to believe, I know. But it's true. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Astra Bianca    150
Astra Bianca
5 hours ago, Luciana Flora said:

What you said about yanug warrios was just what made me doubt to be a warrior at first.

I do not think I'm a scary person. And I think those who know me do not see me like that either.

I suffered bullyng at school .. I just can not imagine myself practicing this with anyone 

I've found that it doesn't apply to all warriors. Some are just the very disciplined type. I know Michael has said in the past that warriors tend to learn compassion late in their incarnations. I can't decipher why, but I've seen that repeatedly as a pattern with the ones I've known. However, I don't tend to see that lack of compassion as much in the older cycles. In the younger ones, I usually just want to run! Get out of their way! ?? But all that being said, any role is delightful  in its positive poles.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Astra Bianca    150
Astra Bianca
On 6/1/2017 at 8:46 AM, Christian said:

Most honest assement....I am more focused on figuring ky own shit out than trying to worry about if someone is an X or not.

Any labeling system is going to have generalities.  Stereotypes will arise. People are not labels and stereotypes are usually trend lines.

It's for this same reason I don't ask people their astrology sign anymore, all the time. I'd hear their sign and automatically judge them if they were this or that sign. Or had this or that in their chart. I try to challenge myself NOT to ask so that I don't ruin the actual experience of them with my perception of them before even knowing them. Other than one or two roles I don't tend to judge the roles as harshly as I do the signs because I see the roles as each important and each contributory. If I'm annoyed by one more than another, there might be an issue I'm not communicating with them and yet expecting them to behave with me as if they did know what I was needing or thinking. But many times, most times, I've found there's something wrong in my own perception of someone and how it affects me personally that keeps me at odds with them. I can't pin that on a role. My feelings are my responsibility. And for me to work out and communicate (or not). But it's not anyone else's job to play a role that suits or fits me just so I won't feel uncomfortable. If the behavior is abusive, it's still up to me to choose to stay or not , but otherwise most people are just being themselves and we mesh or we don't. It doesn't change their value as a role or fragment. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

lulu    48
lulu
On 6/29/2017 at 11:51 PM, Astra Bianca said:

I know Michael has said in the past that warriors tend to learn compassion late in their incarnations. 

Hey Astra Bianca,

As an Old Warrior, I can relate, in some ways. I had such doubt about warrior role because I was in touch with how I am most of the time very laid back, and gentle, when I am cozy.

But really what I wanted to get to is that, as far as our stereotypes and general observations about roles go, I
noticed today that Old versions of each (stereotypical) role tends to become their own paradox on their cosmic "way out". For example.

(Like you said) An Old warrior may settle into compassion, and focus their endowment of corporeal energy into becoming protective and cultivating harmony. Their sexual, temperamental masculine (martian) energy implodes into delicate, frailty reminiscent of a war veteran.
Diminished body energy may be due "hangover" like fatigue of lifetimes of antagonism and fights, paradoxically turning them peaceful, mirthful and sweet. Their destructive tendencies could turn inside out, yielding healers. ("I give up!")

An Old Sage may find themselves becoming a more selective their audiences with whom they are teaching, storytelling and amusing.
Older souls know when to quit; Less apt to fight things, aren't so much into uphill battles & conquest, like younger counterparts.  (Younger souls love to get to say "I told ya so!!")
With this in mind, in a stereotypical Sage's case, they will find themselves seeking out individuals, as opposed to a grand theater of spectators.
The paradoxical end point in reincarnation is the Sage's typically open style performing energy becomes an exclusive one on one concession of deeper material (less light hearted).

An Old Server paradoxically will finally enjoy a bit of luck in recognition and celebration for his or her often less recognized, humble contributions to society.
The Old server will be suprised when they find others unexpectedly worshipping them: a king, a hero, a saint... (Mother Theresa). Lifetimes of understated dedication associated with this role will be "seen" by others on the outside, emitting a magnetically attractive radiance.

Old Kings will finally meet their subjects, get off the high horse to be the behind the scenes, probably seeing the Servers, learning their names, occupations, meeting their family, seeing how they've survived communally, when Old King may have bossed subjects around.
Their later incarnations will be humbling, but in an enlightened way. Old Kings meet "common people" and may experience first hand repercussions of their brand of rulership.
They will find themselves beneath people who were like them, when they were in charge.

Old Artisans show development as they move towards the avoided "real world", of which their dreams and creative visions have proved phobic.
The nose to the grindstone pays off-- structure and deadlines nurture their efficiency, and the Old Artisan will get breaths of fresh air into projects that were gasps and glimpses.
Old Artisan integrates into concrete incarnations & counter intuitive patterns of constancy. 
They realize with curious fascination that moving their fun toys and machines backwards, into the dreaded cubicle or feared "corporate monster" will take them forward, into a place they only imagined but never actually visited.
Soul age will be demonstrated in the deterioration of their enjoyed ideal beauty more than all of the roles, but by then their beauty actually rockets when they give up on "being pretty" ; the down to earth Artisan gains a truly "succulent" spiritual depth, and more dexterity maneuvering the material world.

Old Scholar will get their mind blown. 
In the past, they may have sneered at, or avoided nonverbal, non-empirical, non-intellectual, emotional, physical, & sensual worlds.
Of course, Scholars have been describing all of these places intellectually, but have never entered them ,in the name of their most sanctimonious practice of observation mode.
So their Old Sould paradox is them engaging with the physical world, and breaking down the formulaic barrier of observer-subject. 
With this new way of seeing things, they may begin to gravitate towards appreciating subjectivity, turning away from the tendency towards monopolistic attitudes on information. 
It may dismantle a bit of what they assembled in previous lifetimes. Enlightened Scholar will enjoy this.

All that sorting, archiving, noting, comparing, counting, and theorizing will never satisfy you unless you understand your actions on a visceral level.

What wasnumb and neutral, is felt now,  confirmed, as if the fragrance of a flower only seen pictured in the encyclopedia, is finally seen open, diffusing a fragrance; 
a phenomenon is finally witnessed, bringing to Old Scholar the emotion that is joy and closure..
Their Ah-ha feeling of a discovery is actually felt, not intellectualized, thereby feelings supersede, the rush of intellectual conceit.

And paradoxically, Old scholar will open and experience their 5 senses in order to actually grasp empiricism .

Just a guess, could be totally self indulgent...
All intuited information, and of course based on Stereotypes!!!!!
I also use karmic astrology. I borrowed from North Node-South Node karmic philosophy to write this.

Edited by lulu

Luciana Flora    1,112
Luciana Flora
15 hours ago, lulu said:

On 30/06/2017 at 0:51 AM, Astra Bianca said:

I know Michael has said in the past that warriors tend to learn compassion late in their incarnations. 

Hey Astra Bianca,

As an Old Warrior, I can relate, in some ways. I had such doubt about warrior role because I was in touch with how I am most of the time very laid back, and gentle, when I am cozy.

But really what I wanted to get to is that, as far as our stereotypes and general observations about roles go, I
noticed today that Old versions of each (stereotypical) role tends to become their own paradox on their cosmic "way out". For example.

(Like you said) An Old warrior may settle into compassion, and focus their endowment of corporeal energy into becoming protective and cultivating harmony. Their sexual, temperamental masculine (martian) energy implodes into delicate, frailty reminiscent of a war veteran.
Diminished body energy may be due "hangover" like fatigue of lifetimes of antagonism and fights, paradoxically turning them peaceful, mirthful and sweet. Their destructive tendencies could turn inside out, yielding healers. ("I give up!")

I found this part very interesting. One of the reasons why you missed so much your role at first is that so negative side that some seem to associate with the warrior.

At first the mere fact of bullyng being considered warrior behavior I would dislike it as my role. One of the reasons is why I despise bullyng. I can not see myself practicing this. I can not see myself intentionally injuring someone.

The cohesion that is part of the negative pole of the warior is something that I can not see in me. But this I admit can be a blind point. Since people have already found me aggressive in times when I could not see this aggressiveness in me. And yet it is not something that is part of everyday life. It would be more when I'm provoked or somethinglike that

Edited by Luciana Flora
  • LIKE/LOVE 2

lulu    48
lulu
2 hours ago, Luciana Flora said:

I found this part very interesting. One of the reasons why you missed so much your role at first is that so negative side that some seem to associate with the warrior.

At first the mere fact of bullyng being considered warrior behavior I would dislike it as my role. One of the reasons is why I despise bullyng. I can not see myself practicing this. I can not see myself intentionally injuring someone.

The cohesion that is part of the negative pole of the warior is something that I can not see in me. But this I admit can be a ceo point. Since people have already found me aggressive in times when I could not see this aggressiveness in me. And yet it is not something that is part of everyday life. It would be more when I'm provoked or somethinglike that

I agree. My natural state of being, according to others at times can be intimidating, pushy and severe, but since I'm on the inside, I don't see it.

I think get really "tunnel vision" focused on my projects and goals and I lose sight of my rough edges which can be high-energy and coercive. I suspect warriors have a steeper learning curve towards developing self awareness, and assessing collateral damage of rash actions...( Which may be well intentioned )

Edited by lulu
  • LIKE/LOVE 1

Luciana Flora    1,112
Luciana Flora
On 30/05/2017 at 9:33 PM, KurtisM said:

All the Servers I know go well out of their way to make everyone comfy, and will do everything for everyone but themselves. Even when they`re done, they will not care for themselves because they just find yet another thing to take care of.
It`s honestly annoying. Sometimes you've been cared for enough. You don`t want to eat more just because your Server grandma made you so much food. You don't want to do this just because your Server mom thinks it's best for you. You don't want to respond when the Server goes haywire for feeling so wronged by everyone because they constantly set themselves up to be a doormat in every situation.
You tell them "No, it's ok. You take a rest and do that instead." And NOPE. They'll do the other thing, just for you, because they care soooo much.
And then if you say no, or don't seem like you care enough about them, -Manipulation arises, and they get very very angry. Sometimes not at first, but they'll bring it up some time later that you didn't care enough.

I'll just let you guys know that the Servers I know are 90% Idealists in Acceptance. Help. XD
Of course they're not all bad. But not being a Server myself, being a Pragmatic Artisan instead, the solution seems so obvious. Care for yourself! Please! Buy the thing you want to buy without feeling guilty you didn't buy everyone else enough. Do the cool thing you want to do rather than doing what you think everyone else expects of you to do. If the situation you're caring so much for is not working, then take a break, and do something else on your own/with that person instead.

I will absolutely agree, Servers are tough cookies. But they can be downright relentless in the Mature Age.

In my last POF when Michael said that my mother is warrio-cast server I remembered this topic. Because I remembered that someone had talked about the servers and I remembered my mother.

And really I see my mother in all this. But I thought my mother was too angry to be a server. But I think this is explained by the cast.

But my mother has always been extra-dedicated. She always took care of her children and forgot about herself.

She saw all the internal issues she needed to solve. And what made me chatreada was that it seemed to her that only I had internal issues. When it was obvious to me that she had too.

One of the things I like most about michael teachings is precisely this part that allows one to better understand the personality of the other person and his own. Because I think this can improve a lot even in our personal relationships.