Troy

Chatwee-logo.png

We have now moved away from the enormously expensive and clunky mess that was CometChat as our instant messenger and general chat system.

We are now experimenting with ChatWee, a much more affordable solution with nearly the same features.

You will now notice a persistent floating pink icon at the bottom-right of any page on the site and clicking this will open up a full-featured chat system where you can message each other, start your own temporary group chat, join a preset chat room, etc. 

NOTICE: you may have to sign out, then back in to see new chat icon.

Let me know if there are any issues or bugs, but also let me know if you like it and it works well. The mobile version is wonky and I'm trying to fix it.

Thanks!

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Uma
1 hour ago, Troy said:

Let me know if there are any issues or bugs, but also let me know if you like it and it works well.

Just tried it. When I signed out and in again, the pink dot appeared, I went to the chat room and thought you and Maureen were on because you had green dots, wrote to both @Troy and @Maureen, but nobody responded. Just reporting. I like the new screen a lot.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Maxim

No pink icon on three different browsers tried.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Maxim
22 minutes ago, Maxim said:

No pink icon on three different browsers tried.

Okay.  I had only closed and then reopened TLE without signing off.  Now the pink ICON is visible.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Troy
2 hours ago, Uma said:

I went to the chat room and thought you and Maureen were on because you had green dots, wrote to both @Troy and @Maureen, but nobody responded. Just reporting. I like the new screen a lot.

I'm almost always signed in, but not always there. I wonder if it leaves me a message... [edit - oh good, it does!]

• LIKE/LOVE 2

DianeHB

I LOVE IT!!! What was really missing from Comet Chat was a public room that was easily accessible and having public chat notifications pop up when you're logged in. That's what made the old Ning chat come alive and for members to have spontaneous conversations. It's back now and that makes me happy.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Uma

Is it cheaper because it doesn't support video? The Google Hangout we used for the Platform Party worked fine and was free, right?

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Janet

I really don't care that it doesn't have video. If I have to get dressed to chat on TLE, I may not show up for days. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Erick

the current behavior of not staying as the pink dot and popping up open on every link filling up just over half the screen is getting annoying.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Janet

@Erick -- I think I see the behavior you're talking about -- but it only happens for me after I have selected the pop-out option. So I have Messager as a separate window, and yet it pops up within the TLE window every time I move to another page. That must be a bug -- there's no need for Messenger to reappear when it's already on the desktop as a separate window. 

I don't see that behavior as long as I haven't selected the pop-out. I'm using Chrome on a Mac.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Evelin

@Janet, I have the same issue and I'm using Firefox and Linux.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Erick

i see it on firefox on windows, and with chrome on android. both with and without it in a separate window. the only time it doesn't happen is if i click on a link before the page has finished loading as the messenger is one of the last to load.

here is what i get on chrome/android, when it pops up so it interrupts the reading.

Screenshot_2017-06-02-19-57-01.png

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Uma

@Troy

I can't enter the chat as myself. It only lets me enter as a guest, even though I am signed into TLE. When I type in my name, it shows up not with my photo, but as guest icon. I was stuck in the Lobby, so signed out of TLE and back in, but since then I have not been able to sign into chat as me. 

Also, I don't stay signed in even as a guest if I close chat and come back. It asks me to sign in again, with only Guest option.

Troy

I'm uninstalling the feature today and canceling my subscription with them. We will have to find another way. When it was working, it was great, but it's just not working consistently. So please be aware that we will have no instant messaging options until I find an alternative.

• LIKE/LOVE 2