Troy

FEEDBACK REQUEST: Testing Rocket.Chat

Maxim    2,192
Maxim

I joined.  I didn't have much happened when i selected the video.  No picture of me.  No one I could see.  How do you connect with someone?

Don't know if related but my sound no longer works since I installed rocket chat.

Edited by Maxim

Kerrin    412
Kerrin

I downloaded it to my desktop.  And after 5 annoying loud "doorbells" in 10 minutes (and no settings to stop it)-  it is now in the trashcan. 

Not deleted yet, but I cannot have it running with that dinging-  will drive me nuts.

Kerrin    412
Kerrin

OMG... still dinging!  I didn't have TLE open- WHERE is it coming from?  I have to uninstall it.

Edited by Kerrin

Maxim    2,192
Maxim

I'm uninstalling to see if that brings back my audio.  Perhaps the computer in its compassion sacrificed itself so I wouldn't undergo what @Kerrin has.

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • LOL 1

Maxim    2,192
Maxim

(not being very computer savy)

Apparently a setting was reset so i have to plug in headphones which I did and now the audio works.  Take them out and it doesn't.  Now to find the setting.  Meanwhile I am in the process of uninstalling rocket chat which is taking a fair amount of time. 

Hints or suggestions welcome.  I have a relatively new computer. HP with i7chip and windows 10. 

Troy    6,331
Troy

RE: Loud Dinging/Notifications - you should only have to turn off the sound in notifications, change the sound, or turn off notifications altogether using the side panel icons on the right of the chat room. The notifications are specific to chat rooms, so if you are in three chat rooms, you would want to set each. I would give it another chance since this may be where we move all chat exchanges soon.

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required. 

If you can't play the screencap, watch HERE.

RE: Sound Disabled - I don't think this has to do with Rocket.Chat, but you should be able to go into your own computer settings and see what happened. Not knowing which computer you are using, I can only guess that it's in the same place where most sound cards are managed. I'll assume you are on Windows: See if this helps.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Maxim    2,192
Maxim

Thanks @Troy .  Something is up beyond what you or I can easily imagine.  I'll see if I can locate a teenager.

• LOL 2

Jeroen    922
Jeroen

Troy, thanks. I was able to connect to the chat room. If sound is not working, the default audio device can be changed in Control Panel -> Sound and then under the Playback tab. Select the audio device you want and select Set Default.

Maxim    2,192
Maxim
8 hours ago, Jeroen said:

Troy, thanks. I was able to connect to the chat room. If sound is not working, the default audio device can be changed in Control Panel -> Sound and then under the Playback tab. Select the audio device you want and select Set Default.

I got that far myself.  The funny thing is no audio devices are listed unless I plug in my USB headphones, that being the only device shown.  The internal speakers are not in evidence.

Troy    6,331
Troy

*bump* Did anyone address or fix their concerns expressed in this thread? Is this chat platform something that is working for most of us?

Uma    2,984
Uma

I haven't seen the chat room icon in weeks

Troy    6,331
Troy
8 minutes ago, Uma said:

I haven't seen the chat room icon in weeks

There isn't one. I'm not sure what you mean.

Uma    2,984
Uma
41 minutes ago, Troy said:

Is this chat platform something that is working for most of us?

is it still here? and if so, where? I thought you got rid of it. the pink dot hasn't appeared for a long time. maybe I have to log out and in again?

Just did that and still no chat room icon.

Edited by Uma

Troy    6,331
Troy
Just now, Uma said:

is it still here? and if so, where? I thought you got rid of it. the pink dot hasn't appeared for a long time. maybe I have to log out and in again?

What pink dot? If you mean the chat window that used to be at the bottom of the site, that's long gone. I'm talking about the chat system that's the focus of this post. It's the subject of the first post.

Troy    6,331
Troy
48 minutes ago, Uma said:

Just did that and still no chat room icon.

Oh, I think you were thinking of a previous test of ChatWee... this is Rocket.Chat and there is only the embedded chat at the start of this thread or the downloadable standalone apps for mobile and desktop.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Evelin    1,537
Evelin

It didn't work in the Windows that lives in a Virtual Box. Seems to work on my Linux, without any annoying sounds which I disabled right away, sound sensitive... I can see the Hangout chat room and Uma's "Hello" from today.
Won't try on my smartphone because a) I use an old BlackBerry and b) I would never chat from my phone, anyway.

HTH.

• LIKE/LOVE 1