Troy

Energy Report: JULY 2017

PPLD    6,587
PPLD

THIS...

47 minutes ago, Troy said:

There may come a wave of gratitude that reality is not just what it appears to be, but is greater than one can ever know at any given time. There is always more than what one can see or know at any one moment. This can come as a relief because when one depends only on one’s singular and repetitive input for defining reality, the experience of reality can be painful, ugly, and relentlessly exhausting, or delusional, disconnected, and fragile. The move from Subjectivity to Objectivity suddenly allows for the necessary elements of greater time, context, and understanding to come rather than locking one into a tunnel vision of what reality must be.

...I love!

I really have been looking forward to the emphasised Realism.

Partly because it corresponds nicely with the inherent Scholarly Pragmatism, and my own Spiritualism in the Positive Pole of Verification. I think this energy will be supportive for these parts of myself.

Partly because June has been such a bloody drama-queen month for me. That, in dealing with external dramas and also in submitting to my own, losing my non-attachment when dealing with the external. I don't know if other Scholars recognise that, but it is a profoundly uncomfortable place to be in. I see the aim for objectivity such a dominant part of my design. When I "lose my way" in this aim, it affects most everything in my life. Blaaaaah....

Hello Realism! Warm welcome!

I do however wonder how the theme of this Nexus will show in the States... 

"This will be a shift where we see how deeply invested one is in being right over how deeply one is invested in being fair."

Isn't it a big part of the ongoing struggle of this year, among the top political forces as well as among the political followers? 

Thank you Michael and thank you Troy! These reports are an excellent tool for daily navigation!

Edited by PPLD
  • LIKE/LOVE 13
  • THANK YOU 2

Sam K    1,267
Sam K

Ugh, I hate big nexuses.  As much as I believe that we can choose the path we walk and that we'll succeed in making the future a pleasant one, part of me always fears the possibility of the worst-case scenario.

Also, Nexus - Declaration is a new one for me.  Has that ever happened before?  I've only ever seen divergences and convergences.  What do you guys suppose it indicates?

Edited by Sam K
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

Bobby    6,490
Bobby

@Sam K  As far as the type of Nexus, I followed up with Troy on that when I didn't see it referred to as a Convergence or a Divergence and he confirmed it will be a Convergence Nexus.  Not sure what "Declaration" means just yet.

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Sam K    1,267
Sam K
1 minute ago, Bobby said:

@Sam K  As far as the type of Nexus, I followed up with Troy on that when I didn't see it referred to as a Convergence or a Divergence and he confirmed it will be a Convergence Nexus.  Not sure what "Declaration" means just yet.

Ah, thanks.  Well, at least it's not a divergence this time!

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Troy    7,106
Troy
34 minutes ago, Bobby said:

I updated the post to reflect the correct wording. Thanks for catching that!

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU 1

Uma    4,439
Uma
2 hours ago, Troy said:

As July launches into the emphasis on Realist Attitude, it can be helpful to remember that how one feels about reality is not the same thing as reality, and what reality appears to be is not always all there is.

I will try to remember that. 

2 hours ago, Troy said:

NOTE: the phrase “it is what it is” is often used to describe the Realist, but this tends to be the Realist in Subjectivity or the Negative Pole. It is a dismissal or discouragement of effort or interest to understand, see, and learn more.  It is a resignation to reality as it appears to be, rather than a participation in broadening one’s perspective. It is a shutdown of emotional reality rather than an understanding of its place in the range of experience of reality. It is a killer of curiosity.

this too. I hear a lot of 'it is what it is'  so this is good to remember too.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Luciana Flora    1,724
Luciana Flora
26 minutes ago, Uma said:

As July launches into the emphasis on Realist Attitude, it can be helpful to remember that how one feels about reality is not the same thing as reality, and what reality appears to be is not always all there is.

I'll try to remember that too. I've never been a fan of reality. I often avoid movies based on real events.

Because these movies usually do not have the end that I would like. I like the movie with a happy ending. In which obem the evil wins. Or couple gets the happy ending. And it's okay with me if it's totally unrealistic. It's my entertainment and I prefer light things. By then you can see that I really was not a fan of reality. IoI

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • LOL 1

H2nna    847
H2nna

Hmm...I'll get keys to my new place July 21st. Or not keys, code, my first place with a code!! And he said I can choose the code.?

• LIKE/LOVE 8

AnnH    573
AnnH

This is a very helpful description of Realist Attitude. Because this is my Attitude, the subjectivity aspect is an eye-opener. I've certainly said "it is what it is."  But I also find it fascinating. It's clear, though, that just because it is what it is doesn't mean that there's all there is!

• LIKE/LOVE 13

Maureen    6,433
Maureen

Wow! My Attitude is Realist and this description perfectly describes how I move through life. I've always known that I chose the right Attitude (for me) to get my work done in this lifetime and it was made extra clear once I knew more about my Life Task. Out of all my "profile guessing" over thirty years, which started with the Yarbro books, my Attitude of Realist was the surest thing I knew. Realist Attitude works really well with my Life Task which moves me from the smaller details and tighter patterns of understanding to the larger patterns of the "bigger picture" of comprehension that includes both subjectivity and objectivity (of self and others) with the knowledge that no matter what I know for sure, right now, there is always more. This gave me the goosebumps (or as a Brazilian boyfriend used to say "chicken humps") of a big AHA. I love it!!!

"Subjectivity is an important part of Realist Attitude because one must truly understand the difference between FEELING and REALITY, FEELING and FACT, FEELING and TRUTH. Subjectivity allows one to fully indulge in the emotional realm so that one can carry that forward into the wider range of reality that will require greater intellectual understanding. Objectivity is not the absence of emotion or the indulgence of intellect, but a harmony between the two. Reality is then a dance between what reality appears to be and how one feels about that, but neither are presumed to be the same things."

• LIKE/LOVE 13

Maxim    2,707
Maxim
21 minutes ago, AnnH said:

I've certainly said "it is what it is."  But I also find it fascinating. It's clear, though, that just because it is what it is doesn't mean that there's all there is!

Me too.  It is all in how you say it;)

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Maureen    6,433
Maureen
1 hour ago, Luciana Flora said:

I'll try to remember that too. I've never been a fan of reality. I often avoid movies based on real events.

Because these movies usually do not have the end that I would like. I like the movie with a happy ending. In which obem the evil wins. Or couple gets the happy ending. And it's okay with me if it's totally unrealistic. It's my entertainment and I prefer light things. By then you can see that I really was not a fan of reality. IoI

@Luciana Flora, my father was a Mature 5, Sage-cast Sage, a Spiritualist who would only read non-fiction. I used to scour the stores every year at his birthday to find just the right book for him. I'm a Realist who loves fiction, in most forms, as long as it informs a larger truth. If it's just playful bullshit - I'm not so fond of it. I also really enjoy a good documentary, about just about anything, as I'm a very curious person in general. So for me it's more about "the truth" of anything than it is about whether it's "fantasy" or what we believe to be "reality". 

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Luciana Flora    1,724
Luciana Flora
26 minutes ago, Maureen said:

@Luciana Flora, my father was a Mature 5, Sage-cast Sage, a Spiritualist who would only read non-fiction. I used to scour the stores every year at his birthday to find just the right book for him. I'm a Realist who loves fiction, in most forms, as long as it informs a larger truth. If it's just playful bullshit - I'm not so fond of it. I also really enjoy a good documentary, about just about anything, as I'm a very curious person in general. So for me it's more about "the truth" of anything than it is about whether it's "fantasy" or what we believe to be "reality". 

Got it. Perhaps the question of books is not so much about attitude. I notice that Michael sometimes uses terms in a way a little different from the ones I'm used to.

My vision is as follows. Everyone knows that there was torture in the dictatorship, for example. But that does not force me to want to watch a documentary to know details about it. I really prefer to spend my time with lighter things.

Edited by Luciana Flora
  • LIKE/LOVE 5

Troy    7,106
Troy
2 hours ago, Luciana Flora said:

It's probably worth exploring that you equate "reality" with "bad." I noticed you used painful examples as "reality" and feeling good as maybe not reality. Painful reality isn't more real than pleasurable reality. Maybe it won't feel so much like avoiding reality if it's just your personal choice about what to emphasize. For example, I'm an animal rights activist and I don't watch the videos of gruesome horror or use those for promoting awareness. I don't consider that to be avoiding reality, but choosing to emphasize a different angle on the reality of those horrors by emphasizing compassion, choice, options, education, recipes, etc. 

I hope that helps!

• LIKE/LOVE 19
  • THANK YOU 1

MichaelE    185
MichaelE
7 hours ago, PPLD said:

Partly because June has been such a bloody drama-queen month for me. That, in dealing with external dramas and also in submitting to my own, losing my non-attachment when dealing with the external. I don't know if other Scholars recognize that, but it is a profoundly uncomfortable place to be in. I see the aim for objectivity such a dominant part of my design. When I "lose my way" in this aim, it affects most everything in my life. Blaaaaah....

Hello Realism! Warm welcome!

@PPLD Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes! It seems in the past couple of days my capacity for objectivity and non-attachment has increased dramatically. I feel like my river of Flow has recently experienced a natural disaster, so much so, all of my Neutral Overleaves have been sliding consistently. I vehemently agree, Welcome Realism. If only to find and put my stomach back where it belongs.

Edited by MichaelE
Grammar
  • LIKE/LOVE 11

Juni    2,685
Juni

I've discovered shifts feel almost exactly like Nexuses to me,   where dreaming and general energy level is concerned.

"For those tapping into this shift, it may be the beginning of realization, relief, and recommitment to existing beyond the confines of what reality appears to be."

Whether you felt like it or not. :).

• LIKE/LOVE 7

PPLD    6,587
PPLD

@MichaelE and you're in Flow too! It's such a bastard...

Yep! Realism is the shit for this year. The rest - I can't say I care too much about... ?

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Heidi    3,308
Heidi

I feel so much resonance with this report!

I actually laughed when I got to the part where they mentioned "It is what it is." I was thinking that exact phrase while reading about Subjectivity because it is a popular one my Essence Twin uses when declaring defeat on "unfairness" in life. I almost want to send her this transcript, but she'd probably take offense. ;)

In any case, I can relate to the part on Objectivity and gratitude as that's exactly where I've found myself these days...and totally dovetails with what Michael described for my Platform this year. 

Thank you, @Troy  and Michael! 

Hope every one is having a happy holiday:)

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Luciana Flora    1,724
Luciana Flora
4 hours ago, Troy said:

It's probably worth exploring that you equate "reality" with "bad." I noticed you used painful examples as "reality" and feeling good as maybe not reality. Painful reality isn't more real than pleasurable reality. Maybe it won't feel so much like avoiding reality if it's just your personal choice about what to emphasize. For example, I'm an animal rights activist and I don't watch the videos of gruesome horror or use those for promoting awareness. I don't consider that to be avoiding reality, but choosing to emphasize a different angle on the reality of those horrors by emphasizing compassion, choice, options, education, recipes, etc. 

I hope that helps!

yes, you have a good point here.  I had not thought that way. I think I also say that I avoid reality because I've always heard it about myself.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

ckaricai    2,793
ckaricai

I recognized myself in this description of realist. It is my attitude and for years I would say "It is what it is," to describe most situations. It seemed like the only practical way to deal with some

things. Just accept it and move on from

there whether it's to ignore it to attend to more pressing matters or as a way to identify something that I thought no one could do anything about and move on to more pressing matters. Like, oh that person doesn't like you the same way you like them. Well, it is what it is. Just accept it and move on. Or oh that junkie you loaned your brand new comic book to sold it for more drugs? Now you know junkies are unreliable. You're out a $20 book. It is what it is. Accept it and move on. 

I do think that now I do make more of an effort to consider the perspectives of more people.  

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Bobby    6,490
Bobby

Even through "the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air" last night, I managed to get a somewhat memorable dream in.  I was working with someone with the postal service in trying to figure how how I could get a 75 page document mailed to Syria.  There must have been some restrictions for doing so based upon all of the hoops I had to jump through.  I have no idea what the document entailed but it was essential that I get it through to the point that I was ok with being somewhat secretive and deceptive.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • WHAT? 1

NatalieP    121
NatalieP

Thank you Troy and Michael!

I've always had trouble disconnecting emotions from reality, which has a lot to do with my assumptions. I've been reflecting a lot this past year with my Scholarly partner about this. I'm really looking forward to this month and the opportunities for growth that it brings! ?

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Bobby    6,490
Bobby

Approaching a Convergence Nexus...

Dear Astralites,

You truly out did yourselves last night in bizarro dream land.  Such a weird conglomeration of scenes rolled into one story line.  I don't know how you ever pulled it off.  And that whole getting beaten with a metal folding chair by Don Jr... @DanielaS I think I'm going to have to give you credit for that one  ?

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • LOL 1