Troy

AUGUST CHALLENGE: What Michael Said To Me

Troy    6,626
Troy

AUGUST 2017 COMMUNITY CHALLENGE

WHAT MICHAEL SAID TO ME

We all have favorite Michael Quotes, in general, but many of us have had direct contact with Michael where they have said something that truly struck a chord with us, changed us, made all the difference in the world in our understanding and sense of strength or peace. Let's share some of those most personal quotes said directly to us in our private sessions that hit home.

RULES: The quote should come from your personal, private session. Please provide context, if necessary.

WINNER: All participants will be entered into the monthly drawing for a free 30-minute session!

• LIKE/LOVE 14
  • THANK YOU 1

Stickyflames    1,157
Stickyflames

SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM! I can only comment on what comes to mind in this moment. Lately I have been facing the fact that I grew up in an emotionaly traumatizing environment. This has bled into every area of my life. Manifesting in this internal and external push and tug of " desperation for affection" but trusting absolutely nobody with it. The hardest part is knowing that this is not just a blind spot but that it is true that others are judging you, comparing you, putting you on trial. This is especially true if your own personal truths do not reflect the truths of the majority : veganism, no desperate need to accomplish anything etc.

So one of the most empowering sessions I have had was one about my relationship with my mother. My first relationship on this planet as a royce. My relationship to her, my source of nurturing, is sort of a mirror of more of the painful relationships in my life. Caring deeply for someone  who only espresses to me that i am bad, selfish, a failure, etc etc. Although I do not put much weight on her truths any longer, the challenge is still in learning how to navigate a relationship where you will not be seen as " good" but at the same time protect yourself from it. How to navigate opening myself up to others while still making room for how rare it is for it to be mutual affection, mutual communication, mutual intimacy . my own mothering of self, my own permission to let myself be good becoming more and more the primary focus of relationships. This one quote " YOU and your mother will be fine, this is not a prediction...it is the truth"  was a definitive seed in me allowing myself to own the role of being the mother I always needed.

• LIKE/LOVE 23
  • THANK YOU 1

Uma    3,808
Uma

During the session on Our Crystalline Bodies, when Michael asked for our assessment, I assessed myself and Michael said:

UMA: your assessment is valid, but we will describe it as FAIRNESS. It has Crystallized into issues that show in terms of entitlement, earning, deserving, etc, but it is all about Fairness. Unfairness is a part of life, like rain. It is not out to get you or harm you, but it does happen and it does hurt. Just like rain can wash away a town. Unfairness happens. It is the underpinning of Karma and Justice....

To shatter this Negative Crystallization you will have to embrace UNFAIRNESS as something that is not directed at you, but is a natural invitation to creativity, to strength, to truth, to networking and nurturing, and using your known resources rather than ignoring them and waiting for better ones.

This struck me deeply and made me really think about what known resources I was ignoring, and has stimulated a revisiting of my Reiki practice, but more importantly, inviting Essence to participate with me in all my decisions and choices. Applying the Teachings rather than just contemplating their universal Truth.

• LIKE/LOVE 19

DanielaS    3,546
DanielaS

In a session on my son Luke (9 years old), I asked if there was anything that Luke's Essence needed me to know. Michael said:

"As for communication from his Essence, we can see lines inviting patience, persistence, and playfulness, . . . "

I use these 3 P's all the time in day-to-day mothering. Those three words have been more practically helpful than any child rearing book I could read. They are easy to remember and I recite them to myself when I need help. I also realized that each correlates to a Center, so I try to pull from whatever Centering I need depending on the situation.

Patience-- emotional center

Persistence-- moving center

Playfulness-- intellectual center

• LIKE/LOVE 19
  • THANK YOU 2

Matt    3,485
Matt

They are all my favorites, so its hard to narrow it down. One time i asked how i was doing in this life from essence perspective, and one quote from their answer was the following. 

The greatest joy that has come from this life is when you are uncertain that you can continue, yet you do. The joy is not drawn from that moment of choice to continue, but from what is usually found and created as moments beyond that. The choice to be alive, and not just live, matters greatly to both the well-being of your Personality, your loved ones, and your Essence

Edited by Matt
  • LIKE/LOVE 19

KurtisM    2,625
KurtisM

Luckily I have something for this.

When I asked about what my greatest strength and greatest blindspot weakness were, I received responses that mattered a lot to me.

I even cried several times at a part written about my weakness that struck a heavy chord in me.

However, what I've carried with me, especially now that I've finished the 3rd IM- is what they said about my strength:

"Kurtis, one of your strengths might be your INQUISITIVENESS.

It is a strength that not only benefits yourself in your consuming of experience, information, and knowledge, but it inspires others toward curiosity, risk, and expanding beyond their own comfort zones of familiarity.

This Inquisitiveness greatly benefits your life in ways that can only be glimpsed at this point, but is serving as a foundation for what are intended to be some pioneering ideas and pursuits."

Backstory time now... 

Since this session, I've paid a lot more attention to how others see me and my actions in a positive light. Being an Artisan, I have a tendency not to see others as well as most would. As in, I have often felt distant from most and never truly saw anyone's meaning and value in my life on a conscious level. Nor could I see the meaning and value they might show me about myself.

If they were my friend, I liked them, but I didn't appreciate or see them. It was more about me and how comforting they felt.

If I had made judgements about others, it was often only negative, and in terms of how they were either annoying, inconvenient or misunderstood me.

---

I even felt somewhat like I didn't really matter, and was dealing with self-destructive issues over my worth privately and subconsciously. Back when I got this session, I was still feeling defined by my fears and struggles- which iirc is one of the reasons why I asked this question. I didn't feel like I had many strengths, just traits and potential people would see as defining me that I would rarely agree with.

So receiving info that I've inspired others lit up some appreciative part of me. Since there was no way I could have known how others viewed me or were affected by me.

I remember in school I would always ask people how they viewed me, and I would never get a satisfactory answer. Self-esteem issues.

In addition, the info that my interests and ideas in life could be serving as a foundation for the projects I've longed to create left a warm feeling and awesome strength in me that what I was doing did matter and could amount to create something cool.

Plus the part about "can only be glimpsed at the moment" gave me this grander picture that there was more to come. So I got excited reading that people may come to see me and benefit from my choices in the future as I continued to learn how to live.

Longstory short. I'm more aware of my curiosity, willingness to expose myself to fears and my feelings of appreciation now.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU 3

Connor    955
Connor

A while ago Michael introduced me to Carl Solomon, my most-recent lifetime, and they described him as being "very much still alive in many ways". In a later session I asked Michael for clarification on what they meant, and they provided two reasons. I correctly guessed one reason in advance, which was that Carl is still physically alive in other parallels where he didn't die in 1993 - today he'd be approaching 90 years old in those parallels, and I suppose you'd be enjoying his company here at TLE instead of mine.

What surprised me was the other reason Michael provided:

One of the reasons we spoke of (Carl Solomon) being quite alive is because Review for that lifetime continued as an overlap as "you" are living this lifetime.
In fact, your knowing about that lifetime and researching it is part of that Review.
One of the benefits of Manifesting Essence in the older Soul Ages is that incarnations are no longer dependent only upon Essence for the work of Review. This frees up a great deal of creativity and love across lifetimes.
Instead of waiting to be born until Review is complete, a lifetime, such as yours, will help with that Review and generate ideas, compassion, agape, inspiration, healing, etc.

And that was a beautiful thing to know. I was inspired to view my life and my projects in an entirely new light. I didn't know I was contributing to his Review while I researched, but after this session it sure made sense why I never stopped.

• LIKE/LOVE 17

AmyD    602
AmyD

The channeling that really spoke to me was where I asked what my higher self would like me to know:

"In this case, we might say that the Essence has had a strong theme of support coming in that might be described as: WE ARE NOT SURVIVING, WE ARE THRIVING."

Also, another big one for me was a channeling that Matt asked about our son Dominic and is there something his higher self would like us to know:

"I AM HAPPIER THAN I CAN OFTEN EXPRESS."

This one really made me cry happy tears. 

• LIKE/LOVE 17

Johanne    135
Johanne

When you find yourself "stuck" and paralyzed, try anything different from what you would expect yourself to do. This is one of your best solutions and breaks you free from any stubbornness

I received this advice after I went through an intense moment of fears and emotions when none of my usual "technic" to manage my stress seemed to work.  Since that, when I feel stuck, I remember this advice and just that remembering does half the work to set me free.

• LIKE/LOVE 14

Kasia    2,056
Kasia

One of my most personal sessions with Michael was about dealing with and overcoming body image issues. The whole session was phenomenal, but this quote brings tears to my eyes every time I read it:

"And that truth is that, regardless of social norms, expectations, and temporary fads, THIS BODY is your idea of what is beautiful, no matter how much you lie about it."

And a second one, equally powerful:

"Your body looks the way it does because the ones who love you LOVE THAT VERSION OF YOU."

Both of these statements opened my eyes to seeing myself in ways I'd never considered before, and I have not been the same since. I can't even put into words the transformation that came about because of this. 

• LIKE/LOVE 22

Jana    796
Jana

Whether it’s Michael, some other teaching, or a tool like tarot, or even another person, the best responses are those that show me some blind spots, something I was not seeing about myself. That can be uncomfortable, but potentially bringing profound relief of understanding. I had one such powerful session with Michael lately. Afterwards I was in this state of “wow” for days, not even per say just *thinking* about it (although that too), but just letting it sink in, letting it sit with me. 

It was about health issues arising from yeast and fungal infections. I wanted to know what this reflects from my inner state (I came to understanding that pretty much all ailments reflect something internal and bring a message). I have tried to ask Michael about this couple of times before, but never in a dedicated hour long session, so the previous responses were a little cryptic and I did not get much out of them. But this time, wow.

The first thing they said was "First, this is an immune system issue and by extension a direct reflection of your self-esteem.”

This seemed odd, as I feel pretty confident these days, so I have questioned it. 

This was followed with:

“Self-esteem issues can be quite insidious and elusive, especially if one has evolved and developed coping skills that help to build confidence. You have evolved and developed coping skills and have built upon these, but keep in mind that overconfidence is not the same thing as confidence. Overconfidence can drive one to Savior Complexes that pit them against themselves by seeing others as needing them more than they need others, or need themselves. Confidence values one's needs as well as those of others and allows or asks for the help of others.”

Then there was this (talking about how I have been seeing things):

“Others are needier, stupider, slower, more wounded, weaker, and you are self-sufficient, smart, paced, healing, and stronger. How could you possibly burden others with your needs and wants when you are the source of the strength around you. And you are right because you do have those around who have legitimately greater needs, and you do gravitate toward relationships with those who have greater needs, and all of this supports your notion that you are the more confident, whole, and strong one.”

That made my jaw drop. They have totally hit the nail on the head. I was saving and rescuing people to hide from my own needs and vulnerability and interdependence. 

There was also this from them:

“You have been under the pressure of constant responsibility and there has been little relief, so even as you process your healing of Intimacy, you are carrying the weight of multiple lives around you.”

As it’s often the case, at least in my experience, I was not just hearing this message from Michael, in isolation. I have a variety of other teachers, mostly just humans who have reached some level of understanding in some area and are now working as therapists, healers, etc. And around the same time as I had this session, I was listening to a YouTube video from this guy who works, for a lack of a better word, as a sort of coach for people with terminal illnesses. And he also talked about candida and immune system, and about how this reflects the inner world of the afflicted person. He draw a parallel between a healthy immune system and self-love and healthy boundaries. And how a healthy immune system, when some kind of parasite appears in the body, deals with it in such a way that that parasite might never even try to appear there in the future. Things just started clicking big time. I realised that not only was my arrogance making me lonely in times when *I* needed help, but also I was damaging myself physically. This is not through some magical means, mind you, this is simply from exhaustion, frustration, overuse of stimulants like caffeine, and lack of sleep, lack of self-care.

This YouTube coach also had guests on the programme, his former clients who recovered from things like cancer. One of these was a woman, who just days before her (potentially life threatening) surgery, was doing all of her husbands outstanding invoices, so that he would have easier time finding a replacement for her (she was his accountant too, and I mean in accountant sense). Lol. She said that part of her healing was that she had to kill all of this “niceness” in her eventually.

I never really seen I was one of “those” people (and they strangely irritated me :)), but Michael (and other sources) have opened my eyes to it. I have been already moving away from this pattern for some time in terms of not rescuing so much, but now I am taking it a step further and purposefully making myself rely on people and ask for and accept their help. I also pay more immediate attention to the needs of my body before life and someone else’s needs cause any significant overtaxation.

Edited by Jana
  • LIKE/LOVE 18
  • THANK YOU 1

PPLD    5,034
PPLD

“We think you have approached this Task with full awareness and intent to fulfil.

It is safe to say that you continue to increase in your Good Work that fulfils this Task.”

This was Michael’s response to my question about how I am progressing in connection to my Life Task, which is TO COMPREHEND, EMBODY AND ENCOURAGE THE POWER OF EMPATHY.

Why is it transforming for me?

Firstly - empathy as a concept has always been for me one of the most important in terms of underlying motives for any action. It is a necessary piece of a puzzle for me, in private, in work, in projects, in dreams. It just is and always has been. It gladdens me to have confirmation that empathy is a central part in this Personality’s life, also as Essence sees it.

Secondly - I really like the “you continue to increase” part. I’m doing a good job in how I aspire in my work with empathy. It is however not in my nature to be satisfied with that. Everything can evolve to a more comprehensive version, to a higher level of itself, there’s always more to learn and more to integrate. I’m happy about a positive progress-check in this bigger project that is my life. It gives me energy to continue working and improve.

Finally - it reminds me about actively choosing empathy, when I deal with individuals or situations that I find most trying. That applies first and outmost to distorted definitions of compassion and empathy used in emotional manipulation, drama and moralising; actions that I loathe probably most of everything, except abuse of the weaker and/or innocent.

• LIKE/LOVE 16

Luciana Flora    1,112
Luciana Flora

" If you fail, stumble, or make a mistake, that is not proof that you should have done something else. It is proof that you are learning."

Does POF count as a private session? Because all I have is POF. And so far they have been few. But I decided to post that sentence anyway.

Is a simple sentence, perhaps obvious to some. But for me it meant a lot. Because my tendency when something goes wrong or not does not as I hope it is to see as proof that either I should have done something else, or proof that I am not good at this or that. This phrase changes my whole perspective so it has meant for me

• LIKE/LOVE 15

Uma    3,808
Uma
9 hours ago, Jana said:

"First, this is an immune system issue and by extension a direct reflection of your self-esteem.”

Love your insights @Jana! And they are so applicable to so many of us. Thanks for that sharing.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Diane    1,614
Diane
13 hours ago, Kasia said:

"Your body looks the way it does because the ones who love you LOVE THAT VERSION OF YOU."

So beautifully said.  I think most of us have a difficult time with body image, but thankfully this changes as we mature and accept our beautiful bodies.

• LIKE/LOVE 12

Nick Sweeney (Babylove)    473
Nick Sweeney (Babylove)

Oh, gosh, I feel like just about every conversation w/ Michael profoundly impacts me, but the following words and insights stand out due to where I was in my 4th Internal Monad at the time and all the inner connections I was making with essence and all the validation.

We covered a great deal of this in the previous section, but we will say that the overall arcing theme that your Essence has contributed across this Grand Cycle so far could be described in the very simple terms of “How To Love Yourself.” ... In every Level of every one of your Soul Ages, at least one Personality has reached true Agape for the self and for the life, to the extent that the particular Soul Age could conceive.  This lifetime is one of those lifetimes for the current Level.

Of course I cried when I read this.  I cried because it had been a long and painful journey up to that point to learn to love myself and to TRUST that I knew what that even meant-that I knew what love was.  And from a very early age, I felt I understood at least one thing in this life, and that was LOVE.

At the time I was in the 4th stage (-otiose/+purpose) of my 4th Internal Monad, and I was in BLISS much of the time because I had come to love and accept myself in greater contexts of awareness and presence.

img023.jpgHowever, I wondered if I had already touched Agape in this lifetime.  I wasn't sure while reading their words.  But now, 7 years later (and completed the 4IM in March of 2014), there is no doubt.

I can't even describe all the ways their words and the validation I found due to their words has impacted my life.

But to put it simply, it has helped me to create, experience and trust the TRUE SANCTUARY (active peace) that is my life-task.

Obviously, I'm not in agape all the time.  But it is a background tone or hum throughout my days...and whenever I move too far away from the truth that I am loved unconditionally, and I begin to lose my peace and presence, I return to the truth of agape and bring it to the foreground of my awareness.  It always brings me home and sets me free.

Edited by Nick Sweeney (Babylove)
Needed to adjust the image
  • LIKE/LOVE 19
  • THANK YOU 1

Diane    1,614
Diane
4 hours ago, Nick Sweeney (Babylove) said:

Obviously, I'm not in agape all the time.  But it is a background tone or hum throughout my days...and whenever I move too far away from the truth that I am loved unconditionally, and I begin to lose my peace and presence, I return to the truth of agape and bring it to the foreground of my awareness.  It always brings me home and sets me free.

@Nick Sweeney (Babylove)Beautifully said, I can feel your peace.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Cong    2,032
Cong

For me, one of the biggest moments I had with Michael is when they said this about peace, fighting, and compassion:

"MEntity: Many fights are fueled deeply by Compassion.

MEntity: When Compassion and healthy Anger are the fuels for a fight, you are fully aware of the boundaries where you will know when the greatest potential for peace is at hand. You do not continue to fight beyond that option of potential. 

MEntity: When you fight out of hostility and panic and fear, you may simply be stripping yourself or others of their power, but when you must fight for and with Compassion, you are establishing the grounds for peace.

MEntity: Peace is often messy. It is unnecessarily messy, but so is life. 

MEntity: You can help to anchor peace and sustain peace of mind however you wish to do so, but if you feel that your fight is fueled by compassion, it is not counter to your efforts for peace."

I was under the impression that fighting and compassion do not go well with each other. They are the opposite ways of solving internal and external conflicts. But apparently I was not connecting the dots. After this session, I see the troubles going on in this world in a much more clear way. And I feel I am empowered in that I know the solutions to all of this is to fight with compassion, and to fight for the greatest potential for peace. Too many people are simply interested in stripping others of their power, and that's probably one of the main reasons why there are so many chaos and despair today.

I almost always have tears in my eyes when I read this. It seems like a grand theme, but it's very personal to me. It's a reminder of my responsibility as a citizen of humanity. 

• LIKE/LOVE 18

Diane    1,614
Diane

Wow, this is heavy.  I am glad that you can find some inspiration in this.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Kerrin    451
Kerrin

Michael has given me SO much insight insight over the years, it has been hard to pick.  Even the stuff I do not have a transcript of has still stuck, somewhere in my subconscious, bubbling up in a whisper when I need it.  But Michael has helped me TREMENDOUSLY these past few years, as I have sought their help in moving myself forward after a bit of a "spin."  My life changed dramatically a few years ago, after I lost my job (that I hated), found myself aged out of my field (that was boring to me, but paid really well)- and had to start all over again in a new arena, from scratch.  I have learned a LOT about Essence through this process, and learned to trust him AND Personality.  I couldn't find a tidy quote (I guess I require more than a sentence to get a point across- LOL)- but this particular clip from a Sept 2015 ESession was a game-changer:

MEntity> Guilt and Frustration are your old motivation tools. They are no longer valuable.  They do not work for those who are awake. There was fuel in your guilt, and fuel in your frustrations while asleep. They gave you the stimulation that you rejected from more pleasurable sources. All bodies and Personalities seek pleasure, but will settle for stimulation. Your new fuel is pleasure. This does not mean you will not meet with frustration, and you will still come across guilt, but they cannot work as fuel any longer. They can only work as information.  When you feel frustrated, it is informing you to try something different. If you come across guilt, it is either informing you that you are not doing what you need or want to do, or it is informing you that you are comparing yourself in ways that are hurtful. not helpful.  Guilt and frustration are useless, but can be informative. This is one of the key factors for your moving forward.  MAKING THE USELESS USEFUL. In addition to your transforming your use of the useless into something useful, you must consider your efforts to be matter. They are cumulative in effect.

<kerrin> not sure what you mean by that

<MEntity> We are reminded of the man who walked the shoreline to help toss stranded starfish back into the sea. There were thousands stranded. Too many to save. And a man walking by asks, "why are you doing this? You cannot save them all. You can't make a difference." And the man tossed the next starfish back into the sea, saying, "it makes a difference to this one."  And so it is with every moment of your effort.  It is a moment that adds to other moments.  You are not out to save your entire life. You are not out to recoup the past. You are not out to save your entire future. You are giving life to the moment. To this moment. And the next. And the next. And every moment matters. Every moment is a starfish.

<kerrin> but I do need to successfully "create" a future, assuming I will be here a good while longer

<MEntity> Of course, but we can assure you that your future is better served by your useful moments than your condemning them as useless.

<kerrin> understood

<MEntity> You are making the useless, useful. You are aiming for participation, not perfection. Your fuel is pleasure, not stimulation. You are alive because you choose to be, not because you have to be. If you are worried about money, your income, your security, then these are valid concerns. We do not in any way imply that those challenges will go away by having blissful new age ideals. Quite the contrary. You know there is work to do, and that there are challenges and uncertainties ahead, but your past, present, and future are BETTER SERVED by how you use, feel, and think about every moment than by

any condemnation, guilt, or frustration.  You are having this session that is themed in Essence, and it is best understood that your Essence is manifested not AS things, but THROUGH things. In other words, you are getting back to what matters.That which comes through the self, through others, through experiences, through life, through the past, through the future, through your work, your play, etc. The solidity of form and function are well-known to you. Now, you explore the fuel, the force, the soul.  The WHY is more important than the WHEN. The HOW is more important than the WHAT.  If you seek to Manifest Essence, to understand your arc of themes, then you must consider that your turning point is bring you "home." You are coming home to you. You must get to know you a bit more before feeling terribly comfortable, but we think you are discovering that you are vastly more dynamic, deep, affectionate, and capable than what was in effect while you simply found your form by bumping up against that which was already formed. You may find that old patterns die hard, so you still may try to simply regenerate the forces against which to bump up against so that you can feel stimulation and form, but it will be quite unsatisfying to continue. Your form is coming from within now, not from without.

<kerrin> and in turn, will I be able to help others "come home"?

<kerrin> this just popped into my head

<MEntity> Kerrin, that is valid. The Old King does nothing without considering how it can lead others toward their own empowerment.

I get stuck a lot.  And when I find myself frustrated, I stop and ask myself if I need to do something differently- AND-  does it make me happy?  And I have lightened up on myself a LOT, esp when I feel like I haven't accomplished much yet (ESP when I compare this lifetime to more accomplished past lives).

Molting is a lengthy process- esp when one has built up really thick skin ;-)

• LIKE/LOVE 17
  • THANK YOU 1

Diane    1,614
Diane
17 hours ago, Kerrin said:

You are coming home to you. You must get to know you a bit more before feeling terribly comfortable, but we think you are discovering that you are vastly more dynamic, deep, affectionate, and capable than what was in effect while you simply found your form by bumping up against that which was already formed

i love looking back through the sessions and seeing how far we have come.  It is wonderful to have such a loving presence as part of our lives.

• LIKE/LOVE 12

BrianW    588
BrianW

I'll add in this one from my most recent session a few days ago in relation to my own healing:

MEntity: You are not missing anything. It is that you are healing a lifetime. It takes time. It takes energy. Deciding what you want and being clear about what you want does not always equate getting what you want when you want it. You know the truth about your behaviors, your past, and about what you want, but you must be kind now. You must be kind. We know this has been a long and enduring process, but you had lost the emotional equivalent of a pair of legs, and you only truly noticed this in the past 5 years. It took you 3 of those 5 years to realize you were emotionally crawling through your life. It has only been in the past 2 years that you are standing again.
MEntity: One does not take off running before one remembers how to walk.
MEntity: If there is anything you are missing, it is that you must be kind.
MEntity: You are on track. You are healing. You are standing. There was a time that you could not even see yourself standing again.
MEntity: And yet you are.
MEntity: And you will run.
BrianW: I can't even imagine what that would look like from where I am in life right now, but I admit, I'm curious enough to see what that would look like someday
MEntity: Kindness is a door to Curiosity and Curiosity is a fuel for life.
MEntity: You are on the right track. You may forget this from time to time as anyone who is recovering, healing, and remembering, but you are on the right track. We will always remind you of this.

It actually helped me to realize that if I'd been suicidal since I was in 2nd or 3rd grade, that the original wounding would have happened during or before preschool age, of which I only have a few flashbacks of memories from that time (and not pleasant ones either). I knew the damage to the emotional body was bad, as I recall about seven years ago being unable to feel anything below my neck (in terms of the emotional body) and I'd spend a few more years purposely numbing myself just to get by. Last year I  compared it to being able to feel it again, but visualizing my emotional body as having 3rd degree burns covering most of it. This year has been painful in that, continuing with the metaphor, some of those nerves are starting to regenerate and heal, but the damage being so severe that as the nerve endings heal and ability to "feel" returns, it still has to contend with and continue healing the damaged emotional body. The first thing it's going to feel is pain, and a lot of it, before it can start to feel "good." Unfortunately, that too is part of healing.

This one actually allowed me to feel compassion for myself and find new patience with myself through realizing just how severe the original wounding (and all of the wounding over the years piled on top of it) had been, while also giving myself some hope through understanding that this is normal and that this too, shall pass. Even just the admission that I'm curious enough to see what me "running" would look like someday is a huge turnaround, given my long history of actual emotional suicide and attempts (or at least dangerously strong desires) of physical suicide. As the wounding has been with me for at least some 25 out of 31 years, I don't recall a time in my life that I wasn't emotionally wounded in some way. Thus, becoming truly emotionally healthy and able to "walk" and "run" through life is going to be a whole new world for me - one that right now, I can't even imagine what shape or form that will look like, as I simply have no personal experience or basis of comparison.

• LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU 1

RachelL    461
RachelL

Michael really gave me a sense of peace after one of the most audacious things I have done so far in this life: expressing feelings of Essence Recognition to someone I did not know all too well. I decided to tell my French professor on the last day of class that I felt like I had known her for a long time. The uncomfortably long moment of silence following this statement and the bewildered look on her face made me instantly think that I had made a mistake. I agonized over this for quite some time. I decided to ask Michael about this, and they helped me gain a new perspective on the situation:

[MEntity]: You cannot ruin a relationship with honesty, kindness, and expression of affection. If those qualities "ruin" a relationship, there was either no relationship in the first place or would likely be no potential for relationship.

[MEntity]: It is not that the expression of affection is "wrong" in any way, but affection must be in the language of the recipient.

[MEntity]: Yes. You took a risk and you are learning from it. That is a healthy perspective. It need not conclude with the idea that you "ruined" anything, because even if "she" did not hear your affection, her Essence did, and she will hear it eventually. And she will grow from that.

Michael helped me grasp how important it is to take responsibility for what is shared and to not rush Personality relationships, no matter how strong the Essence ties are. What I most value, though, is the sense of comfort that Michael imparted to me. Knowing that at some level my message got through made all the difference to me. I could rest assured that nothing in this universe is ever really lost. 

• LIKE/LOVE 23

Matt    3,485
Matt

I have to add another one: when i asked about my friend who killed himself, and found out he was not only reborn on a plane in philadelphia, but there is actually video of it with the sound of the first cry after being born. 

"After he processed his death and accepted his presence in the Astral, he sprouted the capacity for flight and found his way to familiar faces, including a comforting presence of an animal companion. The next 5 years were spent in Review and study and eventually led to plans for the next life, which started off with a rather dramatic entrance aboard a commercial flight from Philadelphia. This fragment was born in December of 2016 and used “his” moving experience of freedom in flight toward support to be a fitting re-entry into life, in flight, right into a crowd of support. The help that was needed by this fragment was given to him during his life and used in his Review and healing. It is an exciting experience to be alive again. You may or may not cross paths again, but the fact that we could find this fragment and point to the birth is either an indication that you may cross paths, or that "he" is working on ways to communicate to others that "he is ok."

• LIKE/LOVE 15