Troy

UPDATE: Where is Troy?

Juni

Glad it's working, and hope the outstanding side effects resolve soon!

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Crystal

Take care of yourself, Troy! New meds can be a real adjustment and sometimes it takes a while. Concentrate on feeling better! I am glad that the diabetes is resolving without insulin, and you have a supportive doctor.

Edited by Crystal
  • LIKE/LOVE 12

DianeHB

3-4 months! I did tell Troy that at this rate, he's going to lose the diabetes just from weight loss. He has also been a very bitchy gaming buddy. LOL

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • LOL 13

Nadine

I hope these side effects will pass soon, Troy!

What a bummer that fat is more of a problem than sugar...I'm not a big fan of anything sweet, but I love chips and fries....

• LIKE/LOVE 8

KurtisM

I personally notice a big effect on my skin when I eat oily foods. The only oil I ingest now willingly is from restauraunts (they all use it :(), a teriyaki sauce & some bars I eat in between meals.

That's pretty good compared to most people!

I hate the taste of oil now, so I try to avoid it as much as I can.

Fruits are my go to food :)

Take care Troy!

Btw, I think we all just passed by a nexus or energy shift of some sort in this first week of March because the sheer amount of decompression, exhaustion and illness I saw was astounding online and physically.

• LIKE/LOVE 11

Stickyflames

Loving you, Troy.

Huge steps.

That really fucking sucks with the medication.

I swear off oils but have been doubting it the last few months with all the “ spiritual nutritionists” around me telling me the healing effects.

Your experience is validating and allows me to feel like less lf an orthorexic. 

Keep trucking on through and checking in with yourself ( and us!). 

I like you for being here.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Troy
3 hours ago, DianeHB said:

He has also been a very bitchy gaming buddy. LOL

OMG, I know! And no one wants to play with me anymore! 

image.png

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • LOL 9

luluaussi

Troy, 

Have you tried Berberine? My naturopath has had me on it to assist with my insulin production. I was only prediabetic, but in losing 25 pounds and minor diet adjustment my levels have evened out with no side effects to speak off..,we did alter my capsule 3 xs a day to twice daily as I had some nausea and headache. There  is also a plant the you can grow in pots called gynura procumbens, too. Anyway, I'm pulling for you and I know whatever despite side effects you have made a major shift in a good way. https://www.naturalmedicinejournal.com/journal/2012-12/clinical-applications-berberine

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Maxim [memorial profile]

Go Troy.  Hopefully making it through will be a boon to you and all who appreciate your presence here.  Sounds like the loss of weight alone will have a big impact.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Philip Wittmeyer

Sorry to read about your pre-diabetes Troy; I know some of what you are going through -- I was diagnosed about 15 years ago.  Mine is a rare type of pre-diabetes that is not related to overweight -- it was called "disinsulinism".  Unlike your (apparent) solution, mine was a very low-carb ("ketogenic"), high-fat, moderate protein diet, plus metformin, a drug that has no discernible side effects except longevity and anti-cancer properties.  The type of pre-diabetes that I have is also referred to as "carbohydrate intolerance", so the plan is to keep consumption of carbs to a minimum, less than 50 grams per day, a small faction of what most people consume.   On the start of the ketogenic diet, your body takes a few days to switch to burning fats for fuel, and continues to do so in place of the normal burning of carbs.  Fats burn slower and cleaner than carbs, so one's energy level is sustained rather than variable.  So, fatty foods are generally considered good, even saturated fats -- avocados, nuts, seeds.  However, processed refined vegetable oils are not good for anyone, so I stick to extra virgin olive oil and a little bit of coconut oil for cooking veggies. This has worked for me; hope your diet works for you. But if it does not, I can put you in touch with a guy nearby in Boulder who is vegetarian (not vegan) and also diabetic, so he knows what to do with that lifestyle preference.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

AnnaD

Cheezus Crust!! with that level of No Appetite and two bites of food related symptoms, you are in every sense allowed to be a whiny non Hangry bitchin' ball of pissed. Wow. four months is loooong adjustment time. Is your nausea kind of subsiding? I've not heard of Victoza. Ginger can be good for nausea....

I am glad that you are sticking with your plan even though the side effects of the drug are difficult, to say the least...

Well done for losing weight!!! For all that I hope you are getting the nutrition you need. It is hard to keep going physically when you are tired and lethargic.... make sure that you keep you food tasting good, ie nutritional yeast as a substitute sometimes for salt, keeping your food tasting interesting without undoing the good work you have made progress with. Balance is an ongoing challenge. I feel for you Troy..... this sounds as difficult as being hungry and angry ie hangry...

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Rosario

Hope those side effects wear off soon!  

Thanks for taking care of yourself...your doctors sound great.

Much love and health!! 

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Susan A Flow

Troy, you are doing the tough stuff now to reap the benefits of an insulin free life.  Please take all the time you need to adjust.  You actually may adjust enough that diabetes may disappear all together.   Being an RN, I know all those words that you were to polite to spell out ..   ha, ha...

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Michèle

No one goes near me when I am hungry, BECAUSE I TURN INTO THIS: 👹

When I was pregnant with our boy, I had morning sickness that lasted about 2 months (and yes, I was angry too. My poor husband. For two months, I just growled at him until one morning, I woke up and wad totally fine again. I feel with you.). The one thing that helped a bit was eating or drinking anything with ginger, it's supposed to reduce nausea as a 'natural' remedy - to this day, I add a good chunk of fresh ginger into my drinking bottle and keep topping up with water. It's also supposed to be generally healthy and I just love it. I wish you a speedy transition.....and you are almost there 👍💪👊(I am not punching you here - it's a fist bump)😀🙋

Edited by Michèle
  • LIKE/LOVE 7

Wendy

@Troy thanks for sharing this info and hope you can get off the crazy med roller coaster soon!  Much love to you!:sick::love-very:

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Paulyboy

Keep at it, mate! Healthy healthy is good!

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Leela Corman

Sending you love and big bright glitter clouds of wild color, @Troy!

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Michael

I'm sure many of us are directing our healing power and prayer to you.  Hope you can feel it.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

KurtisM

Hey @Troy, a thought just came to me today about the ER.

If you decide to do the March ER, perhaps you can do it with notes on April's nexus/energy shifts as well?

That way you hatch two birds with one egg, and get another month to rest from updating us on any events.

You've done it before in 2011 iirc, and it would just be pretty pragmatic considering the circumstances.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 2

Troy
13 hours ago, KurtisM said:

If you decide to do the March ER, perhaps you can do it with notes on April's nexus/energy shifts as well?

That way you hatch two birds with one egg, and get another month to rest from updating us on any events.

You've done it before in 2011 iirc, and it would just be pretty pragmatic considering the circumstances.

I thought about doing that, but it was all I could do to focus on just this month. I didn't want to push. But yeah, I definitely considered it. And I love your twist on the bird metaphor!

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Troy
13 hours ago, KurtisM said:

I thought about doing that, but it was all I could do to focus on just this month. I didn't want to push. But yeah, I definitely considered it. And I love your twist on the bird metaphor!

• LIKE/LOVE 1

KurtisM
2 hours ago, Troy said:

Yes definitely no pushing it. Only if you're comfortable.

I'm glad you listen to your body. We always do best when we do.

Thanks for posting the ER! It's been a rocky month for me and I'm glad to have your channeling to guide me through my days.

I got the vegan metaphor from a youtube channel! I thought it was pretty funny.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Julius Paštukas

It breaks my heart to face such testimonies of the effects of our beloved Western diets.. Fear not, Troy, with the adjustments you are making, the condition will never progress. 

(pre)diabetes seems to be such a Sage-with-emotional-centering kind a condition for multiple reasons, mostly related to food as the means in tackling emotional setbacks. I can clearly validate that in the case of my Sage would-be mother-in-law who struggles big time with eating preferences.

• LIKE/LOVE 1