Shweta

Agreements versus external.monad

Shweta

Can anyone help explain the difference between agreements and external.monad? For eg if I have completed an external.monad with another..was that an agreement? How are external.monads chosen? By essence before being born? Are they also completed positive or negative like.internal.monads..? If the external.monad lesson has been learnt by both parties but it is finiahed in a negative mode does it need to be fulfilled in another life?Sorry so.many questions!!!

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Janet

Agreements are everywhere all the time and can be dropped by either side at any time. This session is very informative about agreements: Michael Speaks: The 12 Agreements. And so is this one: OMW: Nurturing and Finding Your Agreements. The information about Agreements, to me, illustrates the awesome order of our universe. 

External monads, once started, are either completed or not. Michael said in response to a question: "The only way out of an External Monad is through. External Monads can be abdicated, but they will be picked up again if incomplete. These are rich experiences for both the Personality and Essence and the point is not to escape it, but to learn from it." (See Membership Gratitude Event: March 2017.) This article describes more about External Monads: How Many Sets of External Monads Do We Do?

In Michael Speaks: Internal Monads, Michael gave this general information about Monads: 

MEntity:
We can define “Monad” in many ways, but here we will describe it as “the natural process toward wholeness,” or “the structure provided for two parts of a whole to eventually manifest even greater than the sum of those parts.” A Monad will always have two parts that are vital to the whole, but are eventually resolved, or comprehended, so that those two parts ARE the whole, and not divided.

There are Internal and External Monads: the External Monads are variations on relationships between fragments; whereas Internal Monads are variations on relationships with the self, or within the self. These Monads are ALWAYS about “manifesting,” or generating a material counterpart as representation for that structure, process, and eventual wholeness. The External Monads are obvious in that they deal with the space and time between two incarnated fragments, but the Internal Monads are not often understood as having physical/manifested counterparts or representations, because they are often more abstract. However, these Internal Monads’ physical/manifested counterparts are THE LIFE, ITSELF. 

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU 2

Uma

Thank you so much @Janet for all that great info and links. It really helps to navigate the voluminous material on the site. I appreciate it a lot.❤️

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Shweta

Thanks so very much! Very helpful. @Janet any insight on 

promiscuous- impotent monad? Michael suggested I just finished it with my partner...but it seems like it's stuck in a negative pole....it seems to be over but not resolved.

Does this mean it will be revisited in another life? Thanks again for all your help:) 

Maxim

@Uma Nothing like the attitude of gratitude.  It can even help us through our monads;)

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Janet
12 hours ago, Shweta said:

any insight on 

promiscuous- impotent monad? Michael suggested I just finished it with my partner...but it seems like it's stuck in a negative pole....it seems to be over but not resolved.

That's not an external monad I'm familiar with. Only a few people have asked about their own specific external monads, and the question could be asked in an Ask Michael sometime as long as you make it a generic rather than a personal question.

For my own Healer/Healed monad with my ex-husband, I noticed that any "charge" was gone when I spent time with him, and I was able to look back at our relationship with some internal honesty. Michael said that honesty was what allowed the monad to be closed. 

My feeling is that if you don't think the monad is 'resolved' then it possibly isn't over. However, I also think the external monads are learning experiences that may not end with everything seeming rosy to us. Your Essences may be completely satisfied with the results of the monad even though you don't have that satisfaction from your current perspective. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU 1

Shweta

@Janet Thanks so much!! This is so helpful! I understand now what Michael.meant by stating that we have finished this monad.

It's not rosy indeed but it has moved towards a calm acceptance and I reckon as long as I look at it honestly it is over.....wow.. beautiful:)

A very interesting external monad indeed..I did find some information about how it plays out online...

Thanks again..truly appreciate your insight. Has helped a lot.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Ingun

This is from JP van Hulle site; https://www.michaeleducationalfoundation.com/monads

PROMISCUOUS-IMPOTENT

In this Monad, the participants are usually drawn into a marital or sexual relationship. The promiscuous needs a lot of sex to be balanced; the impotent person's response to that person―perhaps to that person uniquely―is lack of sexual desire, frigidity, an inability to respond. The more violently the promiscuous desires, either badgering the impotent or going out and having other affairs, the more the impotent withdraws. Nevertheless, the two are drawn to be around one another.

Lila

Thank you @Janet for the informative transcripts. Monads are not a new concept for me, but there was something about the internal monads in those transcripts that are rarely discussed. I mean those rare occasions when a person "lives two lives in one", or levels up. I did this at the age of 32. At first I thought I had a pretty rough 4th IM, when I "died" and was "born" again 4 months later, but I actually changed levels. The life also changed quite drastically. The change was from the entertaining level 5 to level 6, which is not very entertaining.