Troy

ENERGY REPORT: July 2018

KurtisM
42 minutes ago, Juni said:

A NEXUS. THANK FUCK.

We reallly took the suckers for granted didn't we.

Pre-2018 Juni: "Oh hey a Nexus. Cool."

Post-2018 Juni: "YOU GET A NEXUS! AND YOU GET A NEXUS! EVERYBODY GETS A NEXUS!"

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 1
  • LOL 21

Sam K
1 hour ago, Crystal said:

@Troy, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with the channeling! Consider virtual kittens and bunnies sent your way.

I wonder if the "delicate and fragile" system is the United States and its entire government, itself. We are, after all, running on an 18th-Century Constitution in the 21st Century, with all that entails. We have the kludgy "Apple Lisa" of government experiments when many other countries have more recent constitutions (due to having to build up from the ground after either World War, but still).

Jamelle Bouie at Slate has noted that the Republicans want to consolidate minority rule a-la South Africa in the apartheid era: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/07/donald-trump-is-leading-the-republican-charge-to-preserve-a-shrinking-white-majority.html

Chauncey Devega at Salon has said that 9/11 helped Trump win - the rot has been setting in for quite some time, and I agree: https://www.salon.com/2017/09/11/from-911-to-119-how-the-war-on-terror-helped-donald-trump-win/

As I understand it, the current rot in the system has been evident since at least as far back as Carter.  We've had serious flaws since the beginning, of course, but the corruption we're dealing with now started manifesting with certain SCOTUS rulings made during the Carter administration.  Then it spread to the Executive with Reagan, infected the press under Clinton, and finally overtook Congress during Bush Jr.

Now all the branches are just hot-potatoing it to each other like a family with the flu.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Juni
25 minutes ago, KurtisM said:

We reallly took the suckers for granted didn't we.

Pre-2018 Juni: "Oh hey a Nexus. Cool."

Post-2018 Juni: "YOU GET A NEXUS! AND YOU GET A NEXUS! EVERYBODY GETS A NEXUS!"

I'll take it. Anything over this endless pressure.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Connor
6 hours ago, Troy said:

Michael has been talking since the 70's about how America is a version of Rome that is replicating that same timeline. Supposedly, some major events repeat over time, kind of like they reincarnate as collective events for people to experience again from different angles and to try to alter outcomes. America is playing out the rise and fall of Rome.

Makes sense to me. Current events remind me more of the Fall of the Republic, in the 1st Century BC.

The Republic was ultimately brought down by the civil war fought between Caesar and Pompey. The civil war only happened thanks to the breakdown in communication and negotiations between the two men. Caesar illegally waged war in Gaul, and the Senate was powerless to stop him because Caesar was a Proconsul and therefore endowed with legal immunity for the duration of his term (sound familiar?). Once Caesar's term as Proconsul ended, he would become a private citizen, and then the Senate could prosecute him for breaking the law, so Caesar simply ignored his Senate-mandated resignation-deadline and clung to power past the end of his term. And Pompey could not compel Caesar to resign through legislation because every time the Senate tried, they were immediately vetoed by Tribunes of the Plebs who were more loyal to Caesar than to the Republic.

It was a total gridlock.

Finally, Caesar and Pompey agree to a deal: to avoid war, they will both resign. But then everyone started arguing over who should resign first, and it was back to square one. Every time Pompey supporters pointed out the very real and obvious instances of lawbreaking on Caesar's part, Caesar supporters would simply deflect by pointing out Pompey's lawlessness. Hillary deflection, much? And to be fair, Pompey was illegally serving as as a Consul at the time. You can serve as a Consul of Rome more than once, but ten years must pass between any two of your terms. And Pompey was serving as a Consul after only a three year interval. Very illegal. Yet another instance of the Senate playing fast and loose with established Roman law, which as we can see today had disastrous consequences.

No agreement was reached, the gridlock was never broken, the partisan squabbling led to civil war, and then the Republic died.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU 9
  • WHAT? 5
  • SAD 4

Luka

This one has been waiting for Nexus. This one promises not to complain when it turns ones intestines from inside to outside.

I got a message two weeks ago, when I was whining about how to change some things in my life more to my liking: I have to find new ways of thinking. Seems to fit to what is going on. I also think F U! It is not that I don't want to, I would happily take the whole new level of thinking any day, but find if from where? I can tell from experience that you can't force yourself to think in a different way. Ego won't allow it, and you will soon be exhausted from the battle. You have to grow into new way to see things. Every time I've had to change my thinking, it has come either with tremendous amount of work, or some really unpleasant pressure from outside, frankly being in a situation I have to get myself out from asap. I really fear it will be the latter again. I'd rather do the work, but where to even start again. This begins to feel old.

We being in a sync with Roman timeline has always been interesting thing to me. The question is: Who are the barbarians now? There is plenty to say about Cesar but at least he wasn't so stupid he barely could tie his shoelaces. There will never be a day I can understand how Annoying Orange managed to be POTUS.  Even our tiny rat spit countries President said he is worried about the current situation and leaders of the world, namely Trump and Putin, and that is uncommon for our presidents. There was a picture of them shaking  hands, and all I could think about was this:

https://www.sutori.com/item/hitler-and-stalin-shaking-hands

I don't follow news. I don't want to hear what abysmal stupid things Annoying Orange has said and done every day.  Finlands politics don't need my attention either, and get me just as annoyed. Sometimes I feel like Finland is just a miniature USA with better social security.

I also feel like something is boiling  around us, and I don't  know if I want to know what it is. We are indeed living interesting times.

Edited by Luka
  • LIKE/LOVE 11

KurtisM

I don't know much about american politics, but is this the person & thus situation the ms are speaking of?

https://news.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/8xb48b/breaking-scott-pruitt-resigns-from-the-epa-after-dozens-of-corruption-scandals

Edit: oh i also found this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/supreme-court-justice-kennedy-resignation-what-means-future-laws-trump-right-wing-policy-roe-wade-a8421121.html

Perhaps the two resignations are related beyond trump simply replacing them with those that echo his beliefs.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 3

Selin Erzin

This report resonates with me, too. I've been assessing my inner and outer worlds; trying to detect things that cause stagnancy, decluttering, getting rid of old things/habits and creating space for “change” for a few weeks now. Even this morning, I wonderd to what extent my beliefs are dogmatic and what blind spots I might be missing because of that. Very interesting. I guess as a realist, I am indeed sliding towards pragmatism.

I also agree with some other comments that indicated an economic crisis: the numbers look good on the surface but there is a lot of trouble underneath and this facade has been proudly created by “dogmatic” leaders that prioritize process over product. They do this not only because they think the old “way” will work, but also to hold their supporters’ votes on their side. This is so true in the countries I've been involved with. 

I sometimes feel hopeless about the state of the world. I know there are good things happening everywhere, yet on a larger scale it seems like dogma is winning and ruining the good things that were accomplished before. I don't know how to do more to change this. 

Good luck to the whole world during this time. It sounds like there will be many surprises.

Edited by Selin Erzin
  • LIKE/LOVE 13

Eric

I can definitely see there are parallels between the US and Rome, and indeed there could possibly be parallels found between the US or even the West with other past civilizations in more broader scope. That said, I'm reminded of the quote, "History doesn't repeat, but it certainly does rhyme." So I don't know that there is or will be a total 1:1 comparison between now and then, especially in terms of specific players or events. The US has similarities to the Roman Republic, but it also has had its hand at being fairly imperial (albeit in a generally softer, less overtly colonial kind of way), and our system has some differences in its potential strengths and pitfalls, so the details won't align perfectly. The parallels would be more in the general pattern of crises, attitudes, reactions, and resulting choices of the population at large.

@KurtisM, no. From what I gather they're referring to the retirement of Justice Anthony Kennedy from the Supreme Court.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

KurtisM

@Eric

Thanks, just found that article online when searching and edited my comment on it as you replied.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Michèle

Does Trump know enough Latin to speak the words:"Et tu, Brute." when it his Ides of March arrive? And do we know who his Brutus will be?

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • LOL 3

Luka
23 minutes ago, Michèle said:

Does Trump know enough Latin to speak the words:"Et tu, Brute." when it his Ides of March arrive? And do we know who his Brutus will be?

I was thinking this too when I wrote my previous comment 🤩 Maybe all our entity mates are right now thinking this! When I heard Trump was elected, I said well maybe someone will understand to assasinate him. Someone kindly reminded me that only the good ones will be assassinated in USA. Then there is the risk of assassination making him a martyr. He has to do something really heinous to prevent that. I always hope someone finds something so horrible from his past it can't be looked between fingers anymore.

Maybe Melania will kill him with her Louboutin-stilettoheel in rage.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • LOL 6

Eric
1 hour ago, KurtisM said:

@Eric

Thanks, just found that article online when searching and edited my comment on it as you replied.

Yes, that's the situation...although that article seems rather on the sensationalist side to me.

@Selin Erzin, as Michael mentioned in the last report, improvement in the personal world will help improvement in the external world. So if your strengths right now lie in improving yourself and how you see and act in you world, then that's as helpful as anything. If your strengths lie in the external world, then that would be the helpful place to start. It doesn't have to be large-scale or political...though developing the skill of connecting and working with people of varied backgrounds and ideals can't hurt. It'll be a valuable commodity.
Also, the larger view may seem bleak or over-whelming, but that's usually a good time to think about how to adjust your focus or scope in a way that lends itself to bringing out your effectiveness rather than paralyzing with hopelessness.

Edited by Eric
  • LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU 1

Sam K
58 minutes ago, KurtisM said:

I don't know much about american politics, but is this the person & thus situation the ms are speaking of?

https://news.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/8xb48b/breaking-scott-pruitt-resigns-from-the-epa-after-dozens-of-corruption-scandals

Edit: oh i also found this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/supreme-court-justice-kennedy-resignation-what-means-future-laws-trump-right-wing-policy-roe-wade-a8421121.html

Perhaps the two resignations are related beyond trump simply replacing them with those that echo his beliefs.

Pruitt's resignation is actually a good thing. He was probably the worst person in Trump's entire cabinet other than Miller, which is really saying something, and his resignation was essentially forced by public outcry and investigation into his many, many breaches of ethics.

And yeah, Trump can appoint someone else who's terrible, but I honestly don't see what could be done by any replacement that would top Pruitt.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

KurtisM

Oh interesting @Sam K

I will have to get more acquainted with american (and canadian) politics when i get back.

I know next to nothing about the complicated economic system we live in. Though i am funneling my energy towards understanding how to improve it.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Paulyboy
8 hours ago, SusanVirginia said:

@Paulyboygonna try to follow this wise old soul's prescription...always knew the US would fall, but selfishly wished it to be after I'm gone...literally felt like I'd had enough crap for one life...my new mantra is "whatever"

(I totally go down some tangents on this one, so feel free to ignore. Not intended to derail)

Haha, and I mean it, literally. Lots of love, music, and art. Most of my sets these days are polkas, some folk tunes, video game music, and the occasional pop song (this is my summer work, busking on accordion in some tourist-centric towns). I'm adding Won't You Be My Neighbor, from Mr. Rogers. The more people who's day I make just a little bit better, the better! Everyone seems super-duper stressed out (for lots of legitimate reasons) and some smiles, laughter, and levity, is something I can do. As horrifying as a lot of things can be from an older perspective, it is just all the much worse for folks who are still in their Baby and Young soul lessons. I want everyone's day to be just a little bit better, even the MAGA crowd, especially the MAGA crowd. Music has a way of cutting through a lot of things, and doing healing work on levels that are often times beyond me, and they seem to be in a lot of fear right now. I am into egoistic altruism; I make their day a little better, and hopefully people will be less into punching and shooting each other as tensions rise, and that directly benefits me because I don't want to be punched or shot or have that happening to anyone period.

I have a lot of privilege being who I am and where I am. I am a white cisgender male from a lower middle-class background, I have a car, I have a place to sleep, and I have skills I can use for an income. I am in relatively good health and have an excellent family safety net. I live in an area that is really homogeneous racially and is mostly really well off financially. It likes to think of itself as this young and hip progressive college town (and it is, in some ways), and it is also also is a tourist destination with some massive income disparities. Additionally, the area can be very progressive at times with LGTBQIA rights and protecting immigrants, and then turn around and be really racist to anyone who isn't really white and be really really awful to poor folks. It is in California, but the area votes very conservatively compared to the rest of the state. My professional colleagues and family friends run the gamut from "fiery progressives" who do all the protests and older "gentry" who believe climate change is a hoax, vote very regressivly, and don't want "those sorts of people" in their neighborhoods because they're afraid for their white daughters (really). Sometimes they area both working side-by-side in a soup kitchen, though, so that is interesting. Folks from across that spectrum came to my wedding because of family expectation for a variety of professional colleagues and family friends. I don't want to leave any of them behind. I want them all to come along with me into the next stage of the world. I am a white male who plays piano at a church in a conservative town that is mostly white. But I also have long "hippy" hair and "read" as VERY gay. Then I have a wife which further confuses matters. But then I just did a lovely solo of some "old-timey" Christian church hymns and sang some old jazz tunes for a club at the Elk's lodge. But then I'm talking about all this cool new solar power tech in gadgets and how we should all be riding bikes if at all possible to slow climate change and marching with the Women's March protests (oh! and be sure to drink your vegan smoothies, kids!). I am very much enjoying being the eccentric contradictory person in social situations where I can move very easily amongst a wide variety of people and make lot of music.

I am very privileged to be able to do that. I am white, and cisgender male, and heterosexual, in a very white, patriarchal, and hetero-normative culture/geographic area, even if I throw people off using "gaydar." I am very privileged. 

One of my good friends has dual heritage from Sweden and Mexico, she "looks" Indian to a lot of people with Caucasian features and darker skin (compared to most folks in this area), speaks English (only) as a native of LA, and has a lot more formal education than I do. With that being said, it is not uncommon for folks to assume she is "the help" if she is in a store buying something, and on multiple occasions people have gotten very agitated with her if she isn't able to help them out with whatever their request is, even accompanied with racial slurs. Several people wearing MAGA hats have been very aggressive and hostile towards her before, during, and after the election. This has been one continuous surprise for me, since I don't have such abuse thrown in my direction. It's much less of a surprise now, the same way being a cisgender male has left me very, "Wait, what? No one would do XYZ, surely?" when hearing stories of assault from my female friends and relatives, just because it hasn't happened to me. 

I am somewhere between "one of us" and "one of them" to a lot of folks in this area. I hope my playing Mr. Rogers can help defuse a little tension and do a little healing.

Or I could just really like music, be full of crap, and just looking for an excuse to justify it 😁 or both, who knows.

• LIKE/LOVE 17
  • THANK YOU 2

Ingun

I welcome the Nexus and the Energy Shift. I say bring it on!

From the other side of the ocean here's some headlines from here:

• After the cold and long winther we had some frost drought in the spring. Many trees and bushes died from that.
  • We've had very high temperatures whole May and June. Heat. Not normal at all.
  • We're dealing with drought in the south of Norway. We've had almost no rain for two months. Crops are dying, farmers are in despair. As a country we farm to little prior to this.
  • The groundwater has decreased a lot, and there are high treats to forest fire. Had some already.
  • In the north it has been very cold and soooo much rain. Totally opposite of north and south. No summerbreezes there.
  • The minister of defence is most worried about the cyber attacks coming from our huge neighbour in the east and also about their willingness to use militarypower to fullfill their political goals, which they did in Georgia 2008, Krim and Ukraine 2014, and support of the Assad regime in Syria. Also their use of false information and news to destabilize countries, structures in the society and legal elected governments in Europe, and by support and influence how they undermine organizations. This destabilizes some of the Nato countries and EU countries.
  • The norwegian crime investigation is encouraging everyone to report possible child abuse also when travelling and being tourists and receive support from them. There is a global network ECPAT that works with that and they to also want to make it easier for anyone to report possible abuse whenever one notices something.
Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 14
  • WHAT? 1

Ingun

Here in my country we did cut environmentally harmful palm oil into food - but then we started multiply more on the cars instead. Where is the logic! And we had large-scale mobilization from the food industry, bloggers and consumers which led to a drastic reduction in palm oil in food produced in Norway. At the same time, we used 60 times more palm oil for biofuel than for food, according to the Rainforest Foundation. And I read that:

• By 2017 at least 197 environmentalists were killed in Brazil. The number has been quadrupled since "Global Witness" started counting in 2002. By 2017, almost four were killed every week. Global Witness is trying to map the killings with "The Guardian". Those who end up in the statistics are people who peacefully, either professionally or voluntarily, make an effort to preserve the environment and the local population's land rights. They fight everything from large multinational corporations, to states or bandits who overuse the natural resources. Most of the kills happen in agriculture because of the increased demand for soya, palm oil, sugar and beef and this means that raw material producers still need deeper into the rainforests. The most dangerous country for environmentalists are Brazil, the Philippines, Colombia, Congo and India.

Further:

• Europe must end the form of colonization from big corporations and states most concerned with economic growth. Susan Fay Kelly in the Rainforest Foundation tells of an extremely lean power distribution, where environmentalists only have demonstrations and information campaigns as a tool. Then they face threats, criminalization, imprisonment and long litigation on a false basis. Many are exposed to abuse and violence, while the backmen are rarely investigated or convicted. Professor at the University of Bahia in Brazil, Felipe Milanez believes Norway can play an important role and find a way to support those living in these areas. Because this is a global battle against overuse. The whole of Europe should take a proper look at itself, and the EU needs to change colonialism that Europe is still taking place around the world", said Milanez, under the Oslo Tropical Forest Forum.

I think this is so very sad. I think the killing of nature is what is really destroying us in the long run, more than anything. Everything else is just consequences of that. Because we are killing our own mother which gives us life, which nurtures and sustains us.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • SAD 5

Ingun

The nicest I've read this week is for me about meditation and this young man:

The 25-year-old football coach Ekkapol Chantawong who is caught in the cave with the 12 Thai boys has a past as a monk. He has calmed the boys in a dramatic situation and taught them meditation. He himself was only ten years when he lost his entire family. He is originally from Myanmar... He was a sad little boy, according to his aunt and was therefore sent to a Buddhist monastery in Thailand after the parents died where he learned to meditate and became physically and mentally stronger. It is precisely this he used to calm down the young boys while in the cave.

• LIKE/LOVE 14
  • THANK YOU 3

SusanVirginia

@Paulyboy really enjoyed the interesting read about your life and perspective. As a woman my perspective and experience of male privilege is a bit different and has affected my psyche in detrimental ways, which I acknowledge is probably karma. Whatever. 

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Bobby
7 hours ago, Michèle said:

Considering Trump... Pig Latin, maybe!  😉

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • LOL 10

Janet
10 hours ago, Connor said:

Current events remind me more of the Fall of the Republic, in the 1st Century BC.

Oh wow, Connor. Thank you very much for that succinct description. I had remembered that Michael said we were reenacting the fall of Rome (or somesuch) and kept meaning to go look up Roman history but you have very helpfully described the entire scenario perfectly. 

• LIKE/LOVE 9

WolfAmethyst
20 hours ago, Troy said:

Michael has been talking since the 70's about how America is a version of Rome that is replicating that same timeline. Supposedly, some major events repeat over time, kind of like they reincarnate as collective events for people to experience again from different angles and to try to alter outcomes. America is playing out the rise and fall of Rome.

This made me remember what Michael said about Roman History in a section in Yarbro’s “Messages From Michael” (1978) (transcribed below)

On page 174 Michael mentioned…
MEntity: “These time frames are two-thousand year Cycles, for the most part.  The axiom “history repeats itself” is tragically true.  You are now on a parallel time frame (in 1978) with the reign of Caesar Augustus”

Question: What is so special about every two thousand years?

MEntity: “We are referring to the philosophical climate existing then which has not existed since, until very recently.  This philosophical climate made the conditions right for the manifestations of the Infinite Soul… The infinite soul manifests at times such as this, when there are many philosophical stagnations, racial and religious strife, and the imminent destruction of that which binds society together.
MEntity: “In Rome, as now, lip service was paid to religious tolerance, but there were periodic purges and reinstatement of the state gods.  The paralelle to this occurred in Nazi Germany, they (Rome) had political parties where the lines of demarcation had become so blurred that no one quite knew where he stood. 
M Entity: “Luxury was viable and widespread and could be obtained through little effort.  The welfare state came into existence.  Then cities were crowded and the city dwellers were alienated from each other.  There was a deterioration of the family and the ratio of disturbed children was compatible with the figure now.  The women’s liberation movement was causing fear in the men and they were so worried about their virility that they had little  interest in anything else.  This brought about many small wars that were fought on the battlegrounds rather than in the bedrooms.”

Question:
If time is really synchronous, does that mean that any one of us could be Caesar Augustus in another time frame of reference”

MEntity: “There would be no need for you to do that.  This was a Young Soul.  You cannot transcend the time frames in the physical body.  Nor can you reincarnate in another physical reality.  Besides, we have already told you that the soul of Augustus Cesar has finished its life in this Cycle as Dag Hammarskjold (Secretary-General of the United Nations, lived 1905-1961)

Question: Does the current Arab-Israeli conflict have any role in this repetition of Cycles?

MEntity “What was occurring about two thousand years ago in Syria-Palestine? We have told you that you are on a parallel time frame.  These very ancient enemies have better instruments of war now than then.  Book burning, real and figurative, is real.  The role has not been chosen, but it was in the past.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • WHAT? 1

WolfAmethyst
20 hours ago, Troy said:

Just a theory, but during Caesar Augustus’ reign, war broke out in the Roman province of Illyricum from 6-9AD. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellum_Batonianum

Its border was eerily similar to that of former Yugoslavia. I can’t help but see a parallel to the Bosnian War of 1992-1995, and remember what Michael said about 2,000 year Cycles.

So if 1992 corresponds to 6AD, and 1995 to 9AD, then the 1978 date of Yarbro writings = 8BC…and 2018 = 32AD (during the reign of Tiberius)

Augustus’ reign would have ended with the realization that the Roman Empire couldn’t withstand further expansion (in 14AD corresponding to 2000AD).  I can’t help but wonder if the existence of the Eurozone, and launch of the Euro in 1999 are parallels.  Perhaps relevant comparisons could be made with the modern challenges which have arisen with the post-2000 expansion of the European Union?

I’m watching events unfold from north of the border, but the 31AD plot by Sejanus against Tiberius sure reminds me of the state of American politics, and its current government.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberius#Plot_by_Sejanus_against_Tiberius

Augustus…23 September 63 BC – 19 August 14 AD) was a Roman statesman and military leader who was the first Emperor of the Roman Empire, controlling Imperial Rome from 27 BC until his death in AD 14

The reign of Augustus initiated an era of relative peace known as the Pax Romana. The Roman world was largely free from large-scale conflict for more than two centuries, despite continuous wars of imperial expansion on the Empire's frontiers and the year-long civil war known as the "Year of the Four Emperors" over the imperial succession.

Augustus dramatically enlarged the Empire, annexing Egypt, Dalmatia, Pannonia, Noricum, and Raetia; expanding possessions in Africa; expanding into Germania; and completing the conquest of Hispania. Beyond the frontiers, he secured the Empire with a buffer region of client states and made peace with the Parthian Empire through diplomacy.

He reformed the Roman system of taxation, developed networks of roads with an official courier system, established a standing army, established the Praetorian Guard, created official police and fire-fighting services for Rome, and rebuilt much of the city during his reign.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberius (general summary of his reign)

• LIKE/LOVE 4

petra
Without getting  too funny here, I am using this shampoo called Nexus (seriously) and my soaps name is the Healing Garden, glad I could help in my own pragmatic way!!!
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU 1
  • LOL 9