8 posts in this topic

January 6, 2000
Troy Tolley, Channel
Conscious Connection to Essence

Note: This series continues in Michael Speaks -- Conscious Connection to Essence (2 of 3).

[Michael_Entity]

We are here. One moment. Welcome to your New Year. We realize and understand the significance of this marking, as it is an ingredient of human sentience to measure time with great marks. It also marks the close of one of the more unusual “windows” for a Nexus (parallel shift), which has not gone unnoticed by many of you.

As we move into this topic, “creating conscious connection to Essence”, we feel it best to have it an on-going discovery on your part, a journey of remembering, or a journey of re-connection.

You will always “embody” or express Essence, even if only minutely. It is never a matter of “finding” Essence or seeking Essence, it is always about becoming CONSCIOUS of Essence. When you, as Personality, are lacking consciousness in direction or action, feelings, thoughts, etc., you are limiting Essence’s expression, but you can never truly limit Essence. You merely limit your personal intimacy with Essence.

Essence will freely allow a Personality to run “amok” or fall into fear and pain, though these experiences are ALWAYS as a result of a Personality’s decisions. Essence inherently steers a life away from these, but Personality is invaluable to Essence and Essence can never know what “burns” unless at least ONE version of a Personality touches the “fire” so to speak. For those experiences, Essence is deeply grateful, even if it, itself, is inclined more toward what the nature of a particular universe is.

In this case, your universe is EXPANDING, therefore Essence seeks expansion as well. Expansion is recognized in terms of pleasure, fulfillment, happiness, joy, and love… those things that give Personality pleasure are in synchronicity and alignment with Essence. This is so, regardless of temporary social mores, standards and judgments of the time.

As we said, the journey toward enhancing your conscious connection to Essence will be paved with your own realizations, questions, and sharing.

[debo] Regarding conscious connection to essence–If one is talking to essence and continuing a dialogue going during a day–is this as valid as meditating and connecting to one’s higher self? It seems too easy in a way.

We will begin with the question posed by the fragment known as “debo” here.

One moment.

In answer to debo and her question: You have addressed a very subtle factor in many Personalities seeking conscious contact with Essence.

Having and maintaining contact with Essence is always thought of in terms of something “other than” self; something more extravagant, more magickal, more ‘something’ than the Personality, itself. Therefore, it is many times assumed that contact with Essence must be marked by some kind of initiation, ritual, or euphoric sense of knowing, some complicated/complex passage. This is simply not true, though it certainly can be your decision if you require such meaning for your progress.

What helps put things into perspective is that Essence not only CREATED you, as you know it, but also NEEDS you. You are its eyes, its heart, its hands, its feet, its face, and its fantastic world of physical sensation. It is blind without you. It is blind in many ways while dealing with the Physical Plane. As you are, in as many ways, without it. This means Essence listens to you with great depth of compassion, commitment, and interest.

While Essence can see your larger contexts, your Agreements, your Karma, and many other factors that are not necessary for you, as Personality, to know, it innocently has no idea how important a good night’s sleep is, how important it is to you to be held, or how a bowl of cherries might make your day. You, as Personality, “feed” this information to Essence as you experience it. While some of you “speak” to Essence and continually co-create the life, many of you use your Instinctive Centered years or Instinctive Reviews (individually) for “uploading” or updating your Essence.

Many of you may feel you “speak” to Essence to no avail, but we suggest that if you are feeling along these lines, you are not speaking to Essence, you are simply in need of more tangible and physical support. It is valid and important that you seek this out. Essence cannot magickally “rescue” you; it is as interested in your panic and plight. You are all capable of making changes in your life that you seek, and you are all capable of reaching out for others. When it appears Essence isn’t “listening”, try reaching out for or allowing a “spirit in the flesh” into your life.

So, in answer to your question or comment, debo, it is usually quite a wonderful experience for a Personality to address its Essence on a daily basis, even if simply in words and thought. It teaches Essence about the more subtle aspects of the life. Otherwise, this is only extracted upon life review, or during Instinctive reviews.

What we will be working toward in this journey, is a sense of Essence BEING you, not just being spoken to by you. We will speak more on this later as the class consciousness builds.

[Barry] I’m wrestling with the phrase “creating a conscious connection to Essence”. Would you explain what you mean by “conscious”? Do you mean a waking knowledge of the essence that is us? How do we know when we have achieved this? Are there different methods of doing this best suited for each of us?

[Michael_Entity] What we mean by ‘conscious’ here is basically a code word for “acceptance”. In many of your cases, Essence is distanced to a great degree, even if honored by you. Another way of describing this class topic may be “choosing to accept your Essence” and all that that implies.

[Barry] You make it sound like that implies a lot….

[Michael_Entity]

As you progress through this class, you have the opportunity to not only experience your Essence INTIMATELY, but to allow Essence to experience YOUR world intimately. The possibilities to blur your lines of differentiation are high.

For each Role, there will be different paths, yes, and when you are maintaining a sense of Essence daily, it will be rare to find your world threatening, unsafe, unloving, or disappointing. This, then, is part of the symptoms that will allow you to “know” of your conscious connection.

[Barry] We will be in a “state” of LOVE?

[Michael_Entity]

We cannot answer that yet as we would need to determine whether we are talking about the same thing. Most of you do not comprehend what Love is as a universal truth but usually refer to the sensations or peripheral counterparts stirred by connections and relief. We might suggest that the sensations are the first signs that you are near Love, but most have not grasped the reality and implications of what Love truly is.

We will be outlining the Roles and their potential “paths” to consciousness as we build here tonight. We wanted to hear your questions tonight to help us better customize our interactions with you in regards to this topic.

[MBV] I seem to have a hard time seeing through the haze of my Overleaves. Could Michael give me some examples of the artisan role in essence that would help me identify those qualities which is my essence speaking to me? Would these qualities be true for all artisans?

[Michael_Entity]

You have long survived as Personality “alone” and it is Good Work that you acknowledge your strengths as such. It is a confusion that Essence must be involved in all undertakings while you are Physical or it implies you are “lost”, but this is not true. The entire basis of parallel realities is to allow the Personality its varying versions and ideas about what the life “should”/”could”/”might” be like. Essence has it’s “original plan”, but it relishes in the creativity that a Personality might run with.

In your case, Mary, you have “branched” and “branched”, so to speak, far from the “trunk” of your original plans, drawing in realms of extreme experiences that were not necessarily Essence’s “idea”, but are enriching your collective self entirely. You have now found yourself being drawn back into Essence after exhausting a creative path as desired by Personality. This is the motivation behind your questions and feelings. In this process, your first glances in recognizing Essence will appear to be “in a haze” as you have always as Personality been “your own strength”.

You now seek Essence as a resource in addition to “you” as you know you. You will have to “get to know” Essence again. In your case, your “unruly”, giddy, untamed flows of energy are your Essence flowing and speaking. In most cases when you’ve “heard this voice” you funnel this energy “reasonably” or hold it off until “appropriate”, as this has become one of your strengths: to “behave”. As you bring more of your Essence in and your world starts to align to it, you will find the balance that will allow safety and peace, with no threat to your security built. For now and over the next three months or so it might be expected that you feel very disoriented, moody, extreme in emotion, as you relinquish some of your Personality’s precious and justified hold.

We will address more of this privately and personally. We will also note here that there are, yes, certain qualities that each Role can recognize as being in Essence, but they are only references. It is always an individual discovery. In your case, you, as Personality, are discovering that you and Essence can “play” without getting into “trouble”.

[debo] If we are maintaining a sense of Essence and are seeking joy and pleasure but instead feel disappointment, is this due to unrealistic expectation? How do we know what is a valid path for Essence to experience (our chosen source of) joy, and what is not valid?

[Michael_Entity]

If what you seek is being called “joy” and “pleasure” but ending in disappointment, then you are not perceiving the truth of that situation. Joy ends in Joy. Pleasure ends in Pleasure. There is no exception. If what you seek is based on the IDEA of joy or pleasure, you may want to reassess if the results are proving otherwise. Another valid consideration is that the situation may simply be a larger context than that which gives you joy and therefore must be examined in parts.

For instance, to say you love to eat does not mean you enjoy the full, overblown sense after, or the gas, or the heartburn, etc. It may simply be a matter of altering the experience so the emphasis is on the joyful part, EATING, but with more conscious moderation so as to eliminate that which creates a less joyful or even disappointing end. You may enjoy eating, but not eating certain foods, or so much at a time. It usually only takes a moment, but certain commitment, to dissect or clarify exactly what it is that is pleasurable in the seeking, and how to adapt or alter those parts less appealing.

“Unrealistic Expectation” does lead to disappointment, but this can be used to your advantage. If EXPECTATION is instead seen as enthusiasm, and DISAPPOINTMENT is seen as knowledge, then much is gained. This is an entire topic unto itself.

As for the “validity” of a path for Essence: this is determined through your personal sense of happiness. In fact, that is the main question for the next three months from Essence as the Instinctive is moved through: “does this contribute to my happiness?”

Happiness, at least in this universe, is a navigational tool for Personality.

If you are unhappy, and you know it, this is good. This means you are honest with yourself.

Being honest with you allows empowerment.

Empowerment is implemented through planning.

Planning is carried out through creativity and enthusiasm.

Creativity and enthusiasm is sustained by seeking pleasure/happiness.

Pleasure and happiness are guaranteed when being “present” in your life.

Being “present” in your life means you are being honest.

Though this is a crudely displayed path in words, with some examination you will see its merit. Each of these facets (6) revolve around a central concept that might be considered “living”, completing a septant for change.

More on this later.

[nemo999] I feel cut off from my essence; is it that I want to control it or I am not accepting/unhappy?

[Michael_Entity]

You are never truly cut off from Essence, but Essence can be cut off BY you as Personality, at least in terms of conscious connection. In your longing for Essence, it is doubtful you are cut off in any case; Essence responds immediately to any thought in its “direction”. In other words, it may not be Essence you seek or miss, but the “essence” of something else. Nemo, you have experienced losses that still require grieving. Grieving is acceptance of some “hard” truths for the Personality.

It would not be amiss at this point in your life to “go back” to what you have lost, indulge in the grief as a process, allowing freedom for that energy, thus making space for something more. For now, it appears you are still hoping or holding out for a revision of a time since passed. You are not alone or cut off from Essence, Nemo, quite the opposite. You are a tremendously sensitive body, it appears, and your Personality and Essence will change your scenario when you are done with the feelings being explored.

We remind you all that this forum is difficult to “skim” over your very important and personal lives, so we suggest taking our responses as PART of a larger response, not a complete response. We just do not, through this format and channel, have the space or time available to be effective for all of you on that level.

To summarize, Nemo, determine what tangible thing it is in your life you miss. Your answers can be revealed in that. You are looking “UP” for answers when you might want to look “back”.

[rion] When meditating I have at times felt a very loving presence which I interpreted to be Essence. However, people channel and are in contact with “other”. What is essence and what is “other”? How does one tell?

[Michael_Entity]

In all cases of channeling, meditating, etc., it is ALWAYS your Essence which makes first contact.

In the same way that you cannot interact with “other” without a Personality while Physically extant, so too is it impossible to contact nonphysical “others” without Essence as the medium.

In reaching out during meditation or channeling without specificity, you can rest assured it is Essence in some way. If you seek contact with nonphysical “others” specifically, Essence will act as medium.

So our answer is, in creating specificity this allows you as Essence and Personality to differentiate the subtleties between self and other. This can be done only with practice, as many beginning attempts for contact with “other” are almost entirely based on filtering of many sorts. To understand this, observe your experiences when meeting a new stranger, physically, between Personalities. This will lend you insights into how you will differentiate subtleties nonphysically. For some, interaction with another person to determine “who” that person is may last a few minutes, for others a few years or more.

In your case, you are adept at “reading” a person and this also spills into your explorations in the non-physical.

We can also suggest you attach symbolism to what you know you want to contact. For instance, you can ask that Essence present itself as a certain colour, feeling or sound. This then would help you determine differences when touching other sources.

[Sandra51] I understand that the Chakra system and Essence has a connection. Would you describe this in relation to the topic tonight? In a nutshell, ha ha.

[Michael_Entity]

We will touch on it briefly, but will get a more succinct transcript out for Otterly and your discussion list later.

As you explore your conscious connection to Essence, you will also be heightening your sense of self as a Personality. As you explore your sense of self as a person, you will make more room for Essence in your life. It is a two way street, so to speak.

In exploring yourself on either level, it is important to examine your “rights” as a physical being and your expression of those “rights” and/or the damage or interference to those “rights”.

For each chakra, or Center, there is a basic “right” that the Personality must have tended to fully embody the Essence. We say “embody” as a convenience, as it is actually the opposite. YOU as Personality are embodied in Essence.

You most basic “right”, relating to the Instinctive, is your right to exist, or be alive at all. The right to be real. This can also be said to be your right to “have”.

Your second Center/Chakra must be examined in terms of your right to feel, experience intimacy, and create.

Your third chakra/Center is examined in terms of your right to take action, or to make change. Another way to put it is your right to be free.

Your fourth chakra/Center is examined in terms of your right to be loved, and to love.

Your throat chakra, or 5th Center, is your right to the truth, whether speaking it, or hearing it.

Your 6th chakra/Center can be examined in terms of your right to perceive, to have vision. This can also be said to be your right to dream, on all levels.

And finally, your 7th Chakra/Center is your examination of your right to spirituality, or your right to ” inner knowledge”.

Though we skimmed these, the slightest examination of these areas of your life can be revealing in what Centers/Chakras are not being cared for or possibly denied, thus blocking Essence. They may have also been damaged or imprinted with allowances from other fragments in the life.

The three “lower centers” (3rd, 4th, and 5th) are all the most obvious and easily examined. They are the keys to balancing Personality. In fact, these centers can potentially be examined with a degree of accuracy, at least as a starting point, in your translating your personal Centering in your Overleaves. When looking at your Centering it might be said that your primary centering is the right you SUSTAIN, while the PART of the centering is the right you “FIGHT FOR”.

We remind you that Emotional Centering is your right to feel, Intellectual Centering is your right to speak or hear truth, and Moving is your right to act out or make change.

The Instinctive Center is always under examination and use so it is almost always in some form of distortion without conscious guidance. This is balanced through creating a daily balance among your “lower centers”.

The “higher centers” (2nd, 6th, and 7th) are keys to your understanding your connection to Essence. With examination, if any of these centers appear to be limited or distorted through fear or imprinting, it will be your task to incorporate experiences which fulfill that level of your rights, if you choose.

We will conclude here then. Goodnight.

6 people like this

Contemplating my next questions for Michael, I decided to see what I could find on the site regarding Support Circles. Which led me to this incredible session that is so full of useful info, I just have to stop here for a minute and reread, before going to Part 2 and 3. This is such an incredible resource, it makes me smile to think that Michael just told me to stop ignoring known resources, and here I am. That was quick! I'm finding that researching the areas of my questions here on this site always helps me refine my thoughts and perceptions so that my questions are more to the point of what I really want to know. This is so valuable.

4 people like this

On 5/27/2016 at 9:44 AM, Janet said:

What helps put things into perspective is that Essence not only CREATED you, as you know it, but also NEEDS you. You are its eyes, its heart, its hands, its feet, its face, and its fantastic world of physical sensation. It is blind without you. It is blind in many ways while dealing with the Physical Plane. As you are, in as many ways, without it. This means Essence listens to you with great depth of compassion, commitment, and interest.

This blew the top of my head off and I spent hours in an altered state, dancing around the house and garden, sharing delight with Essence until I couldn't tell who was who anymore, Personality or Essence. One of the most enjoyable experiences of my experience-laden life :)

5 people like this

13 minutes ago, Uma said:

This blew the top of my head off and I spent hours in an altered state, dancing around the house and garden, sharing delight with Essence until I couldn't tell who was who anymore, Personality or Essence. One of the most enjoyable experiences of my experience-laden life :)

It is wonderful Uma, isn't it? Simply pure joy!

This is such a beautiful perspective Michael share here. Thank you for the reminder :) 

3 people like this

18 minutes ago, Uma said:

@Uma, this made me happy to hear.  💞

IMG_0802.JPG

3 people like this

23 minutes ago, Uma said:

Uma, have you see THIS ONE yet?  :)

3 people like this

47 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Bobby, what an excellent, excellent session! I'm half-ways only, but wow.. 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Bobby said:

Thank you, Bobby. I can't even find words to describe what happens to me when I read this stuff. I was 'gone' by the time I got to this: "[MEntity] First, we must clarify that we know of no origins for any of us."  and that was the first line!

What is amazing me at this moment is I am remembering a poem that I wrote in my freshman year in college (1959-60), which sprung from me in one piece--whole--waking up.  I sat up and wrote this down and had no idea where it came from or what it meant, it was as though I was just a pipe and out spouted these words:

Washed up on the shore,

Existence watches Life go by--

Itself unruffled by the tides

That onward flow and evermore amaze.

It won the Poetry Award and was on the cover of the magazine that year. I haven't thought of it in 50 years! I'm gonna say it was an early ootz from Michael.

Will continue to read that session, @Bobby, but just wanted to share this first.

3 people like this