Christina Lily Pedersen

Difficulty finding a fragment?

Troy
1 hour ago, Christina Lily Pedersen said:

Ohh, can someone please link to some basics on parallels, please? :D

I would like to gently suggest that rather than ask others do the work of searching for our interests, please use the search functions here to do that on our own. Not only are there forums dedicated to Parallels, but the library also has various entries where parallels are mentioned. I know there is a lot of material to sift through, but you never know what gems you may find on your own. People are very generous here, but I'd count on that generosity when it is most important, not just for doing a search we can do on our own.

Christina Lily Pedersen
Just now, Troy said:

I would like to gently suggest that rather than ask others do the work of searching for our interests, please use the search functions here to do that on our own. Not only are there forums dedicated to Parallels, but the library also has various entries where parallels are mentioned. I know there is a lot of material to sift through, but you never know what gems you may find on your own. People are very generous here, but I'd count on that generosity when it is most important, not just for doing a search we can do on our own.

Sorry, I will just be quiet, I seem to be able to say nothing right today or any other day. I just thought or hoped that many questions, even if silly, would be a nice way to communicate and have fun with discussions and so forth. But clearly I am wrong. 

Troy
1 minute ago, Christina Lily Pedersen said:

@Stickyflames It was merely a joke. Communication doesn't seem to go well for me today. I apologize :)

I think it was pretty clear it was a joke, even if with a bit of a surprising edge to it. It was also clear that Royce understood what you meant.

One thing you will learn from working with Michael and the members of this community is how to stop projecting so much into communication. Nearly every reaction you have had has been based on your imagination and not from the reality of what anyone intended or said. But that's okay because most of us are very familiar with this and have come from families or cultures where people don't say what they mean. We usually have to negotiate and figure out what a person "really" means on our own, especially when if someone is being passive-aggressive and saying hurtful things with a smile.  But listen... you won't find that here. We can be playful and raunchy and bawdy, but I've yet to see passive-aggressive tones hidden in sarcasm or sugar-coated words, or people just being snotty over something trivial. 

The communication may seem confusing to you because you may be used to others using passive-aggressive tones under the breath of their words, or that you have to communicate that way, so just be careful that you aren't the one setting that up that imaginary dynamic here and then assuming others must be doing the same thing.

Welcome to the world of honesty and vulnerability! Welcome to TLE!

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Troy
10 minutes ago, Christina Lily Pedersen said:

Sorry, I will just be quiet, I seem to be able to say nothing right today or any other day. I just thought or hoped that many questions, even if silly, would be a nice way to communicate and have fun with discussions and so forth. But clearly I am wrong. 

This is a perfect example of creating a passive-aggressive dynamic all by yourself, so please be careful. No one said or did anything to prompt this reaction from you, but there is a lot of information in your reaction so please look at it. Maybe you are looking for more than just answers to questions? Maybe you are looking for real conversations that get to the heart of old wounds and insecurities and fears? None of us would know that before we started talking with you, but based on your reactions, it seems like you have invited us to get to know you a bit more closely than just being someone asking questions. Maybe you are looking for conversations with real people who do want to learn more about you and want to trust and get to know. 

You didn't do anything wrong and no one said you did. All is well, so please look at this as a great chance to cut through baggage and bullshit and learn to hear people accurately instead of assuming the worst.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Bobby
5 hours ago, Stickyflames said:

Bobby's directness titilates me. Since i am on a star trek kick, i relate warriors to klingons. Big balls of love but the expression of that love is easy to interpret as stern and hard. There  is rarely a misinterpretation when the intention of that klingon is one of protection. Bobby, warp me to the bridge,

Oh no.. it's you and me... on the holodeck!  ;-)

• LIKE/LOVE 2