Leela Corman

What It's Like To Meet Cadence Mates

17 posts in this topic

I have now personally met at least three of my cadence mates, two in person and one online but in a way that is often personal. I would like to share what that has been like for me, in case it's helpful for others, in your search for recognition and reunion. And I would love so much to hear what it has been like for you, if you've had that experience.

Of the three I know for sure, one is a new friend, another is a well-known singer with a robust Twitter presence (which is why we "know" each other), and the third I have been very close friends with for 22 years. In each case, the initial stages of knowing them were marked by a profound, sometimes almost painful desire for them to know me, to truly SEE me. I'm still feeling that with the new friend. In the case of the one I've known for 22 years, we now are just always in each other's heads and hearts. We can go months without talking, and still be with one another. When we sleep in the same room, we dream about each other. In all three cases, my love and admiration for them is almost mythical. They are three of the most beautiful people I know of. All of us have punk roots, it's a vast creative subculture that unites us. But I guess that just facilitates getting to know one another initially, when you swim in the same ocean. Makes me wonder about the other three.

It's intense. Are all cadences like that? Or are we just kind of a dramatic bunch? :)

12 people like this

I've always wondered about mine but have yet to ask. I may have mentioned here before that I used to have recurring dreams involving six other people when I was in my teens...right around the time I discovered the Michael Teachings. I've been recording my dreams for a long time and referred to these as my "six-friends" dreams. In a particular one, we were all in jail together, but we were having a blast. When I first read about Cadence Mates, it made me wonder if these handful of men/women were just that. 

I've definitely felt the feeling you described of admiration for others and the "almost painful" need to be seen by them. There is a celebrity I've been very fond of from Cadre 1/Entity 7. She's an author who inspired me to turn my journals into a story, and most miraculously agreed to edit that story (she is a creative writing teacher as well). She may not be a Cadence Mate, but I've always wondered if we had some kind of link beyond Cadre Mates.

Hmmm...some more questions to add to my Michael queue!

8 people like this

So what are cadence mates? I get so confused between them, and travelling companions. They share the same role as you, and then, well what? Are they in the same entity? What exactly is the link? We must all have them, right? I know what you mean Leela by

2 hours ago, Leela Corman said:

n each case, the initial stages of knowing them were marked by a profound, sometimes almost painful desire for them to know me, to truly SEE me.

Yes. Though I know that this desire I share towards my ET and TaskC as well.....

I am confused but fascinated. So for example, would Leela your Cadence 7 be other than yourself, 6 other Artisan's with casting other than Artisan, from C1E2? 

And Heidi's be, Scholars from C1E2 with casting other than Warrior?

Would mine be, Scholars from C1E7 with casting other than Scholar? 

6 people like this

4 hours ago, Heidi said:

I've always wondered about mine but have yet to ask. I may have mentioned here before that I used to have recurring dreams involving six other people when I was in my teens...right around the time I discovered the Michael Teachings. I've been recording my dreams for a long time and referred to these as my "six-friends" dreams. In a particular one, we were all in jail together, but we were having a blast. When I first read about Cadence Mates, it made me wonder if these handful of men/women were just that.

That's interesting, Heidi. I had a few similar dreams years ago about hanging around with a group of 5 or 6 people (always the same group). That was before I found the Michael Teachings, I think. But I've since wondered if they're my Cadence Mates. (In my case, they're all male. I felt so much affection toward them in the dream, like they were old friends; I thought of them as "my guys". Sadly, I haven't had one of these dreams in a long time.)

4 people like this

5 hours ago, Sarah said:

That's interesting, Heidi. I had a few similar dreams years ago about hanging around with a group of 5 or 6 people (always the same group). That was before I found the Michael Teachings, I think. But I've since wondered if they're my Cadence Mates. (In my case, they're all male. I felt so much affection toward them in the dream, like they were old friends; I thought of them as "my guys". Sadly, I haven't had one of these dreams in a long time.)

That's cool, Sarah. The way you describe them is similar to mine. It was a very cozy feeling, like these people "had my back."

5 people like this

10 hours ago, Anna Louise Dobson said:

So what are cadence mates? I get so confused between them, and travelling companions. They share the same role as you, and then, well what? Are they in the same entity? What exactly is the link? We must all have them, right?

In this case, a Cadence refers to the smallest grouping of seven Essences within the structure of an Entity. All seven members of a Cadence share the same Role, and each has a unique Casting.

You, Anna, a Scholar-Cast Scholar, would share your Cadence of Scholars within C1E7 with a Server Cast Scholar, an Artisan Cast Scholar, Warrior Cast, Sage, Priest, and King Cast.

The exception to this structure is if you are a Wild Card, in which case your Cadence would have fewer than seven Essences, requiring your Essence to straddle multiple Casting positions.

Yes, everyone has Cadence Mates - they are the closest equivalent to siblings on an Essence level.

Travelling Companions are very different. Your Essence has its Raw Number, the mathematical position it occupies within its Entity. You are Travelling Companion, then, to the six Essences who occupy that same mathematical position within the other six Entities of your Cadre. Your Travelling Companions can be any Role.

Usually your Essence Twin is a Travelling Companion, though another exception to this pattern would occur frequently among members of Entity Sevens, such as yourself, who often Twin with Essences from Entity Sevens of other Cadres, which is actually what helps 'zipper' the Cadres together during the reunification process after the Causal.

Edited by Connor
12 people like this

I love that you guys dream about them. I haven't had that specific experience; it's more that awake, when I encounter them, there's a charge and a need to know them and have them know me.

I'm a little upset with myself for not noting above that I have met a fourth cadence mate; I have posted elsewhere that my deceased first child is the Server-cast Artisan in my cadence. But because of the physical plane specifics of being her parent, and of only knowing her as my child as a baby and young toddler, the feelings around her are very different, as I am sure I don't need to explain.

Anna, as I understand it, your Cadence is the row of seven fragments/people you are cast from the Tao with, in your entity. I'm going to paraphrase Michael, badly: the cadence is the smallest unit within all the others, like Greater Cadence (which is I think a "stack" of Cadences within an entity?), Entity, Cadre, Ring, etc. I am nearly uncomprehending of "Michael Math". I know it's a very important component of their teachings, and I know that many here enjoy it and can wrap their heads around it. I cannot. I can also barely make change, on the physical plane. I'm a drawing/movement/literature/human behavior & history person, not a numbers person.

Anyway: it's been said that your Cadence is like a row of seats on a bus, and your Cadence mates are the other people in your row. From looking at other people's sessions that they've shared on this topic, it appears that Cadences have themes. I am very curious about mine. I suspect that it is something like "Fierce Creativity", just given what I know about us to date. More bad paraphrasing: I've read that Cadence mates are people you spend more time with, on balance, than others, across the spectrum of lifetimes. They are only one type of connection, of course. There are also, as you pointed out, ETs, TCs, and more. My feeling about my Cadence mates is not like any I have had about anyone else, honestly. That may be entirely personal to me, I don't know. Here is something Michael said to me in a private session, in answer to a question about meeting one of them (again, badly paraphrased): They said that "when bonding such as this occurs, it is like bringing two pieces of a fractured hologram together." That's what it feels like. It's particularly interesting to know so many of them now. As a consequence, I have changed lately, or more accurately, reintegrated parts of myself (and external things too) that I rejected or lost or forgot. I feel much more powerful and capable now, and frankly a little scary, which is good. Might get some new tattoos. :)

5 people like this

19 minutes ago, Connor said:

The exception to this structure is if you are a Wild Card, in which case your Cadence would have fewer than seven Essences, requiring your Essence to straddle multiple Casting positions.

This is not quite right. The exception is that you may be in a cadence that is not full -- as I am. There are only 2 Artisans in my cadence. The 5 positions that are empty in my cadence are 'managed' by 5 Priests from the next cadence. The Priests are the Wild Cards. However, Michael told me these Wild Cards are essentially cadence mates and everything described as a cadence mate relationship would apply.

Here is a link to the session I had where Michael described how this works: More about Wild Cards

Wild Cards have that name because these fragments have characteristics that are difficult to pin down. My younger daughter is a Wild Card who was initially channeled as a Priest-cast Artisan. We are more confident with Troy's channeling that she is a Server-cast Artisan, but her Essence is also managing a Priest-Cast Warrior position. She has Server, Artisan, Priest and Warrior characteristics. 

As an aside, my ex-husband is the Wild Card Warrior-cast Priest whose Essence manages one of my empty cadence positions. I recognized Joe the moment we met, and we were friends from the start. I always thought the recognition was that we had a mate agreement -- and we did -- but only later did I understand that the immediate connection was probably also recognition of a cadence mate. 

9 people like this

Moved C1E2 Scholar Cadences into separate blog post. here

Edited by DanielaS
3 people like this

I have in my notes that Amy Goodrich is a Server-Cast Scholar from C1E2. This is from the East Coast Gathering attendee lists. She may be coming to TLEGG, so you could compare notes. 

4 people like this

Connor, Leela and Janet, thank you so much for clarifying what cadence mates are. This is great discussion... 

Seeing people's closest find each other and renew getting to know each other again. I have a strong feeling that my partner is my Artisan cast Scholar from C1E7. She is channelled as my heartlink, I used to speak to her in my dreams as a kid and then I met her in 2013 and I was wanting to get to know her. Her eyes spoke volumes and that was very intriguing.

4 people like this

Hi, also, it is not that I am lazy or not wanting to find the "what are cadence mates info"  question myself, it is just that it is just now that LeelaC has made the connection between the theory of Michael Math (which I have zero interest in until it is applied, such as she has applied it here and has made it real, applicable, intriguing, fascinating, and the rest) and the reality of who our cadence mates are to us, and how we can identify them. It is the how to identify them that is the pull for me.  

So I thank you, especially Connor, for going out of your way to make this real and not just more airy fairy unapplicable stuff. thank you for making this accessable and hands on! :)

3 people like this

I wish I was capable of understanding ANY of the Michael Math, but I completely accept my inability to do so. Let me tell you how I have identified each of them, and this is also how I have recognized others that I have agreements and essence relationships with, though it is usually something I only realize later: when I first see that person, or in some cases when I first register that person, it's like a flashbulb goes off and there's a freeze frame moment where their face and gesture is preserved for all time in my mind's eye. I have that with a few people. I have learned to note it, as it means that there is a powerful relationship there and I need to let that person in.

6 people like this

LeelaC that is really cool. Allowing that freeze frame moment to sink in to come back to later, to recheck. Fascinating.

4 people like this

@Leela Corman about the "freeze frame" reference: I, too, have had this with almost everyone I have later confirmed through Michael to be my Task Companions, Essence Twin, and Traveling Companions. Many of these people are people I have known in high school and later became close friends with and/or dated. With each person (before I got to know them on a personal level), I always took special note of their name, as if it carried some kind of frequency I could identify with. They all carried an "energy scent" I was familiar with. And each of them also gave me this indescribable itch or charged feeling. They bugged me from the very beginning and I couldn't put my finger on it; as if I couldn't decide whether I liked or disliked them. Above all, there was a sense of admiration for each person. I know now that all these components were simply my remembering their Essence and thus Essence Recognition. 

P.S. I've never understood or took much interest in Michael Math either. It all just makes my head hurt. :)

2 people like this

Heidi, phew! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I am glad it's there but I don't get it one bit! I am SO bad at math.

On 26 August 2016 at 5:44 AM, Anna Louise Dobson said:

Would mine be, Scholars from C1E7 with casting other than Scholar?

Could be me... 🤔