Troy

U.S. Presidential Election Comfort and Anxiety Thread

estoy

Adolf H. wrote a book called "Mein Kampf" there was one part which was something like a guide about how you have to talk to a crowd, Trumps campaign seems to follow this guide accurately...

- talk simple that the dumbest in the crowd understands you

- use only raw slogangs what has to be done, they don't need to know everything what you want too do and how you want approach it

- act always as if you were right, facts don't matter

- when there a interjections from individuals in the crowd throw them out

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Lad the Hun

Of course the situation is different for you in the US right now, so maybe hard to say, but are the energies in the atmosphere VERY heavy right now? Or is it my private concerns that feel heavy?

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Miizle

Maybe i'm far enough geographically and mentally from the situation, but i'm very thankful i'm feeling this peaceful about it all. I remember feeling very nervous about the Bush and Obama elections. For some reason, not at all this time. Hang in there guys, that's all i can say  ?????? The dogs will bark but the caravan moves on ?

• LIKE/LOVE 5

DianeHB

I voted a couple weeks ago but still wore a suit today in solidarity. I'm buried at work since two others in my department are sick. I had a hard time sleeping last night, and as I lay awake I thought about how much this anxious energy felt just like the culmination up to my turning point earlier this year. I hope we not only make the right choice, but that we make a breakthrough as a nation rather than collapse into breakdown post-election. 

• LIKE/LOVE 9

DianeHB

By the way, anybody want to be in social chat tonight as the results come in?

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Lad the Hun

A thought came to me "Trump is the best thing that happened to Hillary".

I Googled it and, well... I am not the first person who had that thought.

" Donald Trump is the best thing that ever happened to Hillary Clinton.

He’s doing such a good job for her that if I didn’t think him too dim I’d assume she was paying him to destroy his own campaign from the inside.

Hillary is no angel and up against anyone else she’d have a battle with her own chequered past, mistakes as Secretary of State, a wayward husband and lack of truly radical policies.

But up against Trump, all she has to do is NOT BE HIM."
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/heres-donald-trump-brilliant-hillary-7478447

"Hillary Clinton is a deeply flawed presidential candidate. Roughly 6 in 10 Americans don't think she is honest and trustworthy. She struggles to connect on the campaign trail. She is, by her own acknowledgement, not a "natural" candidate. She is deeply polarizing. ...

Enter Donald Trump. If the Clinton forces could have handpicked a Republican candidate to run against this fall, it would almost certainly be Trump."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/03/24/donald-trump-is-the-best-thing-that-has-happened-to-hillary-clinton-in-the-2016-race/

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Brian Taylor

With all the media focusing on the center ring of the circus with Trump and Clinton the main attraction, we've got this tunnel vision that the President is THE government.  The nation is also electing a lot of Senators and Representatives.   They are ones who either want the President to succeed in her vision or block it at every turn.   If the current Senate Republican majority is broken - even if the Senate is 50-50, Clinton will at least be able to help mold the Supreme Court for the next generation.   If the Senate Republican majority is broken, Hillary better hit the ground running on Jan 20, 2017.   2018 could even be the year the Tea Party / obstructionist mindset in the House could be broken.    

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Janet
2 hours ago, DianeHB said:

By the way, anybody want to be in social chat tonight as the results come in?

That sounds like a fantastic idea. Regular chat room or a/v social chat? 

DianeHB

Let's try the A/V social chat. I'll be home around 6-7 pm pacific and will be online then.

Crystal

Well shoot, I guess our essences wandered into the wrong parallel.

I did what I could voting and trying to get out the vote. I am so sorry, and so ashamed to be an American right now, and so worried about what will happen to the vulnerable people who I care about.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Miizle

Probably better not to look at such stuff Will O_O Because all the sudden i feel a bit sick in the stomach. 

It might also just be that i really feel like some chips right now. I'll just forget i saw that and keep on thinking about them chips ?

(well that's a taco. A Mexican taco. Good enough! ?)

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Paulyboy

I want to do a quick chime in (especially as things are looking... challenging.)

The reason for the season, or theme rather, is Self-Destruction, which is based around issues of self worth.

Everyone is important. Everyone has worth.

So, whether or not the US election results turn into a complete s***-show, we are NEEDED! We are IMPORTANT! We will be needed to reconstruct, to heal, to teach, to love, to lead by example. Things may get very "despair-y," and that is a natural reaction. However, we can choose through which lenses we view events, and how the symbols are read.

If we have a Trump presidency, we are looking at, perhaps, one of the greatest challenges of our lifetime. We can take it in stride, and do WHAT we CAN, same with climate change, by our individual choices.

I need you, and we need each-other, going forward, to be the best that we can be.

The above applies either way the election goes, and includes probable aftermaths. We can choose to be the grow ups, and be as strong as we can for everyone around us.

Love you all!

• LIKE/LOVE 20

NickG
2 minutes ago, Paulyboy said:

I want to do a quick chime in (especially as things are looking... challenging.)

The reason for the season, or theme rather, is Self-Destruction, which is based around issues of self worth.

Everyone is important. Everyone has worth.

So, whether or not the US election results turn into a complete s***-show, we are NEEDED! We are IMPORTANT! We will be needed to reconstruct, to heal, to teach, to love, to lead by example. Things may get very "despair-y," and that is a natural reaction. However, we can choose through which lenses we view events, and how the symbols are read.

If we have a Trump presidency, we are looking at, perhaps, one of the greatest challenges of our lifetime. We can take it in stride, and do WHAT we CAN, same with climate change, by our individual choices.

I need you, and we need each-other, going forward, to be the best that we can be.

The above applies either way the election goes, and includes probable aftermaths. We can choose to be the grow ups, and be as strong as we can for everyone around us.

Love you all!

Thank you for putting this in perspective. It's greatly needed in this community right now.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Paulyboy
6 minutes ago, NickG said:

Thank you for putting this in perspective. It's greatly needed in this community right now.

I work as a piano accompanist for a junior high school and two high school choirs, as well as working as a massage therapist with clients tomorrow, and that's not including other jobs, gigs, and community groups. 

I HAVE to be strong. I HAVE to be the strong one, to lead up from the ashes, to add some levity to things. I've done it before, apparently quite a bit, and I may have to do it again. 

When traveling through the valley of shadows, the grown-ups HAVE to be brave, for both themselves and also the children they are leading. If you can find that "forest-through-the-trees" perspective and see beyond the immediate calamity when everyone else around you is crying in fear from the smoke and flames because the trees are all on fire, then you have a chance of finding a stream or lake to take shelter in, and it is your RESPONSIBILITY to help lead people there to the best of your ability.

or not, since it is a choice.

But if I come to the schools and my clients weeping and despairing, I imagine that will just spread. I have to be strong and do the best I can.

- he said melodramatically, cape swirling in the wind of the oncoming storm, in true sage essence priest casting fashion, the prophet leading his people through to the promised land ?

• LIKE/LOVE 12

Heidi

I had a funky dance party in the living room with my kids to kill some of the anxiety...but it's back now.

I think I'll take @Miizle's advice and stuff my face with some chips before calling it a night and see what reality I wake up to. ?

• LIKE/LOVE 11

Paulyboy
1 minute ago, Heidi said:

I had a funky dance party in the living room with my kids to kill some of the anxiety...but it's back now.

I think I'll take @Miizle's advice and stuff my face with some chips before calling it a night and see what reality I wake up to. 1f629.png

I guess we'll wake up in both. Be strong. You're loved. You're included. You're included and you're loved.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

NickG
41 minutes ago, Paulyboy said:

I work as a piano accompanist for a junior high school and two high school choirs, as well as working as a massage therapist with clients tomorrow, and that's not including other jobs, gigs, and community groups. 

I HAVE to be strong. I HAVE to be the strong one, to lead up from the ashes, to add some levity to things. I've done it before, apparently quite a bit, and I may have to do it again. 

When traveling through the valley of shadows, the grown-ups HAVE to be brave, for both themselves and also the children they are leading. If you can find that "forest-through-the-trees" perspective and see beyond the immediate calamity when everyone else around you is crying in fear from the smoke and flames because the trees are all on fire, then you have a chance of finding a stream or lake to take shelter in, and it is your RESPONSIBILITY to help lead people there to the best of your ability.

or not, since it is a choice.

But if I come to the schools and my clients weeping and despairing, I imagine that will just spread. I have to be strong and do the best I can.

- he said melodramatically, cape swirling in the wind of the oncoming storm, in true sage essence priest casting fashion, the prophet leading his people through to the promised land 1f609.png

*Starts slow tearful clap* 

This is in no way sarcastic. I mean this with every fiber of my being. That was beautiful and inspiring and just around awesome!!!!!

Edited by NickG
  • LIKE/LOVE 11

NickG

Welp if Trump does end up winning I imagine that infinite soul trajectory for 2020 will be right on fucking que. 

• LIKE/LOVE 14

Paulyboy
27 minutes ago, NickG said:

*Starts slow tearful clap* 

This is in so way sarcastic. I mean this with every fiber of my being. That was beautiful and inspiring and just around awesome!!!!!

Hugs!!! Mew! ?

Maybe 15 years ago, or so, I had a series of very vivid dreams where I'm leading this group of people through a burned-out wasteland, the prophet leading the refugees, and it was through music and humor. I also had long hair (which I incident my have now, but really, just incidently- I want to cosplay as Thor and Buddy Christ someday) and almost flowing robes. There was also a bit about a betrayal and getting literally stabbed in the back, but I knew it was going to happen.

I asked Michael about this, and they said that my essence was anticipating that I would be needed to fulfil this role of cheering-up and leading people during dark times in the future, and that I was being prepped for it.

I figured that had to do with something during the Bush years. Eh, I don't know. I have a penchant for the dramatic, and I think I would make a poor messianic figure. A cheering-up-in-dark-times figure, that I can do!

Either way, I will be here, and I hope other people will be as well. Hang in there!

• LIKE/LOVE 13