Troy

U.S. Presidential Election Comfort and Anxiety Thread

324 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, NickG said:

*Starts slow tearful clap* 

This is in so way sarcastic. I mean this with every fiber of my being. That was beautiful and inspiring and just around awesome!!!!!

Hugs!!! Mew! 😸

Maybe 15 years ago, or so, I had a series of very vivid dreams where I'm leading this group of people through a burned-out wasteland, the prophet leading the refugees, and it was through music and humor. I also had long hair (which I incident my have now, but really, just incidently- I want to cosplay as Thor and Buddy Christ someday) and almost flowing robes. There was also a bit about a betrayal and getting literally stabbed in the back, but I knew it was going to happen.

I asked Michael about this, and they said that my essence was anticipating that I would be needed to fulfil this role of cheering-up and leading people during dark times in the future, and that I was being prepped for it.

I figured that had to do with something during the Bush years. Eh, I don't know. I have a penchant for the dramatic, and I think I would make a poor messianic figure. A cheering-up-in-dark-times figure, that I can do!

Either way, I will be here, and I hope other people will be as well. Hang in there!

13 people like this

This is devastating. 

7 people like this

I like most people didn't expect this at all.  The last thing I expected.  However- I said it on Twitter and 20 minutes later a guy on your side of the pond said the same thing on fivethirtyeight- I feel like you've had your Brexit moment.  The precariat have stood up and spoken in no uncertain terms that they are simply not going to take it anymore, they want (what represents) change.  Hillary and the EU are the same Neoliberal disaster.  The future is now different and unwritten.

What actually happens of course is completely all to play for but now we know for sure- it will not be business as usual.  And that is not something that could be said yesterday.  I personally think that this is good news, when the incredulity begins to fade.

I think that the appearances of what Trump represents should not be mistaken for what has happened, in the same way that 17.4 million people in Britain are not racist because they voted to leave the EU.  The situation and the presented context are not the same thing.  I think this will accelerate progression in the way that a wrecking ball brings about a new building.

Sorry for those of you who are not feeling good about this, but this is deja vu after our Brexit result.  It is my opinion that this is a blessing in disguise.  It's going to be ugly for a little while, like it is for us in England right now, but this is all for the greater good in my opinion.

Hillary is actually not a "neoliberal disaster". She's a public servant who has done years of important feminist work that has been successfully effaced by the misogynists who hate her. She is complex and extremely competent. She was my senator and I want her for my president. Don't believe the hype.

Edited by Leela Corman
17 people like this

Trump is for the greater good? Only if you are white, straight, male, and conservative. That excludes most of planet earth.

10 people like this

fo, seems I never gonna visit the US o A in this lifetime...

Even as a norwegian Ive been feeling plenty of anxiety over this election. But reading that its pretty much a safe bet that trump will win at this point.. a solid wave of surrender just washed over me :p just, fuck it. Try n focus love and compassion in trumps direction now. god knows the fella needs it

9 people like this

I can't help but think "but I thought we chose breakthrough..." Does anyone if it'll still be possible to pursue the breakthrough path while Trump is elected? I don't want to give up hope for the future, but I'm feeling so scared right now. I'd rather not live through a breakdown. :(

7 people like this

1 hour ago, AnnaD said:

Trump is for the greater good? Only if you are white, straight, male, and conservative. That excludes most of planet earth.

I am still going with my theory of Trump as Unwitting Poultice, something that brings up all the pus and bile and infection up to the surface so that it may be healed. That healing may be a long term thing, though, and the process of milking all that venom and rot and bringing it out is not pleasant, not is the sight and smell once it hits the air. What it does, though, is allow the healer to get a good view of the wound and infection, and give them better tools to treat it.

I seem to recall, also, that there is a mass "serving the corrupt master" monad in play, and that a lot of painful lessons are being learned and will be learned for a great many people.

That may not be comforting, though, if the pus from the infection might kill or harm you and your loved ones. The prospect of evolution and overall healing of the organism is fine and all, but the view "from the ground" is not liable to be pretty. 

We are looking at the return of the Infinite Soul in 2020, the fall of the United States as a superpower, mass destruction and displacement around the planet due to climate change, and throughout all of this it will probably "bring people together" and fast-forward a lot of evolution. When people start to work together to survive, superficial issues that divide people start to fall away (any sort of survivor movie type stuff). Race, nationality, religion, etc., start to matter less and less when things are hard. People grow much faster.

But again,

These are possibilities. This is looking at the future and looking for positive spins. That might be something beautiful at the horizon line, but we are now falling off a cliff into the mud before going down a chasm. I don't want to make light of that. I do want to offer some inspiration, though, if possible.

Got that big gross feeling in my stomach, though. Ok, I'm going to bed.

Edited by Paulyboy
Spelling
16 people like this

I haven't felt this much pain in a long time. It feels like we've had some horrible catastrophe and many, many people have died. I'm in shock. It's truly Self-Destruction on a cataclysmic scale that's hard to take in, that's hard to imagine just how far reaching it's effects will be.

I feel pulled in two directions. A part of me, or parts of me, feels scared for what is coming. If we can elect someone like Donald Trump what else are we capable of. I want some certainty. I want to know where we are headed and I want to know how we will get there. I want to know we are safe. I want to know we will all be safe no matter what happens, no matter what comes. 

The greater me knows we are already safe. The greater me knows where we are headed and knows it doesn't matter how we get there. It just knows that we will because we always have and we always will. It knows we are here, right now, at this time, for a reason. It knows we chose this time to be alive. It knows we are needed to not only witness the wounding but also to help with the healing. The greater me knows how much it hurts because it's been through times just as tough as this, just as scathing, and it knows we survived. It knows without a doubt that we are loved, that we are safe, no matter what.

I posted this on FB yesterday evening. It feels right to add it here as I felt Michael on my shoulder as I was writing it. 

We older souls have got a whole lot of work to do if we're going to help all these younger souls move through this painful evolution to a more mature soul world. There is obviously a lot of resistance to change, to move us all ahead, to a kinder, gentler world. We can't discount all the good work, all the exposure of hatred and deep wounding, that has arisen in this election. Exposure of wounding always leads to healing. No matter who wins we must help heal, we must stay focused on where we are headed as Human Beings. I'm a Realist. We can't let this bring us down. This is not the end ...it's the beginning.

And this,

With a nod to Kerrin, as discussed the other day, I now know how our Caretakers must have felt about us as we evolved through our younger soul ages. This is not the end of the world. This is how the growing pains of evolution looks like from the inside, close up and personal. It hurts, it hurts us all, but we do know better, we know where we are going and we know we will all get there ...eventually. We can trust that. We can trust in ourselves. We can trust that others will arrive there, when they are ready, when they have done their work. In the meantime, we have a lot of work to do, we have a lot of loving to do. Nobody said evolution was easy.

Edited by Maureen
29 people like this

Well, I rather was hoping for our first female president to meet your first female president. No such luck.

Checking the news this morning I felt like watching a weird reality show.

But hey, at least there's hope for some legal recreational marijuana now, in some states...

10 people like this

BTW, Bill, as a European, I sense strong anti-establishment feelings both in the EU and the US. Yet these choices of Brexit and... Trumpit?! seem like the more difficult, fear-driven, divisive path. Radical changes usually mean broad strokes, unnecessary pain and a black-and-white sort of blindness.
(And I'm well aware that while the Clown Elected may seem anti-establishment, he isn't.)

Edited by Evelin
addition
13 people like this

13 hours ago, estoy said:

Adolf H. wrote a book called "Mein Kampf" there was one part which was something like a guide about how you have to talk to a crowd, Trumps campaign seems to follow this guide accurately..

Him, Nigel Farage and other political "bin-juice" (as my partner's mum has called Farage) (for Americans: bin = trash can) of this Earth have probably read it.

5 people like this

On a positive note; much like Hitlers mustache, we'll probably never see donald trumps hideous haircut anymore neither after his presidency ;)

5 people like this

6 hours ago, Karine said:

I'm scared and I want to hug someone right now.

That's exactly how I felt as I was watching it happen. But I was too shocked to even post. Only now my words are coming back to me.

7 people like this

6 hours ago, Paulyboy said:

I guess we'll wake up in both

Do you mean as in parallels? I actually had a dream just before waking up that I had a look at the polls and Hillary narrowly won. Took me a moment to realise that it was just a dream. That's waking into nightmare instead of waking from a nightmare. But I wonder if that was a glimpse of another parallel 

10 people like this

4 hours ago, Paulyboy said:

Got that big gross feeling in my stomach, though

Yeah, a "hole in the middle" feeling here. Literally gutted. I only ever had this feeling when really painful things have happened. Sits like a black cloud on you and would not lift. It usually is a catalyst for massive spurt of growth, but possibly with some massive growing pains.

Edited by Jana
12 people like this

I woke up and there’s a beautiful sun outside my window. I had this dream, I was barefoot waiting on a rocky coast like this one…just more orange-y. It felt like a sunset but it was actually the dawn. There were people going and looking at the sun and then returning to their homes.

346684_zakat_shtorm_skalnyj_bereg_5051x3

I think all the countries have their Trump-like character that embodies the worst…in Perú this person was the dictator Alberto Fujimori. We all, as a nation, stood up against the atrocities he commited. We  rised agains terrorism and abuse of power. It took a few years to heal, and we’re still healing, but we learned about our deepest fears, anger and blindspots.

I believe you are still a wonderful nation. You are Love Truth and Energy, doing what you can, doing it perfectly the way you know. You gently influence people, just by being around. Let’s take a breath together, and fill up our lungs with some love and acceptance. Be whatever you want to be in this very moment.  We do not invalidate the despair, we take it and from it we build the next step of this evergrowing stairway back to Tao.

Edited by Rosario
18 people like this

I don't feel strong enough for this.  That was incredibly hard to admit, but it's true.   The Republicans took over the government..there's no balance of power.   I watched this happen last night and couldn't believe what I was seeing.  I'm sad, tired and scared for my son.

12 people like this

I don't know how, but I will work on clearing up enough emotional and mental space to get some insight from Michael on all of this. I have not been myself for several weeks, several months even, and I don't expect it will get any easier to get back my innocent heart. So I just need to figure this out and take care of myself, keep the life and love flowing in our beautiful sanctuary of TLE.

I will update the calendar today as a start. In place of the Subscription chat tonight, I want to make it open to anyone and everyone. Tonight will be a live delivery of the Energy Report, and enough Q&A time to help us understand what and where we go from here.

7 PM Eastern in the Session Chat Room (CausalConnection).

I love you guys.

27 people like this

To everyone in and from the US: hang in there. Things will only be apocalyptic if we make them so. We've got some pretty sane heads around here--and whatever the polls say, I'm sure, in the rest of the country too. But most importantly, we've got each other. I think it's important to create and sustain communities where love, and not judgement, forms the basis of interaction. As Older Souls, and as human beings, the only thing we can truly do to make the world a better place is to be who we are to the fullest of our capabilities. So help your friends get through this, and don't stop being the kind, loving, open people that you are.

No matter how bleak the future looks at this point, we must remember: This too shall pass. 

Much love to all of you. And oh, if any of you ever feel like jumping ship, there's definitely a home in India for you ;)

21 people like this

I actively reviewed information about emigration last night. I swore to people that if Trump won I was headed out. Unfortunately, I now know that I'm too old for emigration since I don't have sufficient wealth to bring to another country and most don't care about skills for anyone over 55. So I'm stuck here, and I suspect that's an Essence choice as well. 

So, I went to bed at 9 last night when it became pretty obvious to me that Trump was going to win. Not that I slept well. Multiple times I woke and felt massive grief that so many people could ignore what that man represents and just vote the party line -- I already expected the extreme haters to go for him. At some point during the night I realized that not everyone voted for the man. More than I expected, but millions did not vote for him. For some reason that was both a source of comfort and strength. 

Then toward morning, I had either a dream or a message from Essence that brought some calm. Like Paulyboy, I think we're now closer than ever to an Infinite Soul manifestation, and I do want to witness that in my lifetime. And remember that Michael said that the new generation coming with 2020 will be known as the Savior Generation. We have to be strong enough to build the support system for that generation to do its work. 

I do not believe the United States in its current form will survive Trump, but we can have an influence on what comes after. At the least we can say that we are living in 'interesting' times. 

21 people like this

26 minutes ago, Troy said:

I don't know how, but I will work on clearing up enough emotional and mental space to get some insight from Michael on all of this. I have not been myself for several weeks, several months even, and I don't expect it will get any easier to get back my innocent heart. So I just need to figure this out and take care of myself, keep the life and love flowing in our beautiful sanctuary of TLE.

I will update the calendar today as a start. In place of the Subscription chat tonight, I want to make it open to anyone and everyone. Tonight will be a live delivery of the Energy Report, and enough Q&A time to help us understand what and where we go from here.

7 PM Eastern in the Session Chat Room (CausalConnection).

I love you guys.

Troy, as weird as it sounds from someone who has never met you in person: I love you, too. For now we grieve. And then we'll do what we always do: get up, brush ourselves off and do the best we can to move forward and bring healing to ourselves and others. We'll get through this. We always do. 

19 people like this

I have barely slept and I am totally scattered at work and not managing to get much done. Somehow just making it through the day, adjusting to this. Feeling grief too, besides the shock.

8 people like this