Troy

U.S. Presidential Election Comfort and Anxiety Thread

316 posts in this topic

No doubt we are in a different parallel now. How do you, as an old soul, feel about handling and navigating reality shifts?

A quote from MEntity:

Not all parallels consider themselves to be the “true trunk.” It is natural to live as if it is, of course, which is exactly how it is designed to be experienced. The older the soul, and the more exploration of this concept, the more likely the sense of such solidity begins to dissipate, which can make for some very interesting lifetimes for a Personality. When conscious awareness and observation of the literal shifts and changes in parallels are explored by a Personality, it can be terrifying and exhilarating. Much of what is experienced as discrepancies among parallels is ignored, briefly noted and then dismissed, or simply experienced as a private confusion.

8 people like this

It's sad and painful to see so many choose Lies, Hate, and Depletion over Truth, Love, and Energy ... and worse, to force the large scale ramifications of that choice upon those of us who chose differently -- unfortunately, this seems to be the general trend, at least in our part of the world, for most of this lifetime.  Also unfortunate: this serves to reinforce my already exceedingly low opinion of corporeal existence.  I'm beginning to think I've been too much of an optimist when it comes to the whole reality thing -- and I find that thought quite distressing.

I am curious -- morbidly curious, but curious -- to see what Michael will have to say about this un-chosen, un-consented to mess we're now stuck in.  Although I suspect I'll find little to agree with in his assessment.

7 people like this

Too soon? Here again is what Michael said in the Loving the Unlovable session at TLEGG 2016.

[Question] Just the obvious right now. In the US with the election with Trump. How do we love Mr. Trump?

[MEntity] Should we start from the top again?

[Laughter]

[MEntity] You can hold the space for that individual’s existence, however difficult or “Unlovable” this individual is, and however much of a mess may come from this individual’s existence in this form in this time. You will be coming home with that individual at some point. And recognizing that individual ON THAT LEVEL, the inclusion of this individual as a soul, as a being experimenting in the Physical Plane in ways that are not necessarily beautiful or wanted, is enough.

You will still have to do the work of fighting against that mess or standing up for what is more inclusive because you are teachers. You are not here to grade people. You are here to share what you know and show what you know. And you cannot do that if you turn your back or simply condemn.

So including this person as an individual ON EQUAL GROUND WITH YOU as a consciousness sharing existence can sometimes help you to keep your cool and to navigate your feelings and to choose the responses that are most effective.

You do not have to like this man. And you do not have to like what is coming from this experience. But Love is a very different thing. It is creating an equal ground and generating a force of resource that will be available to those who need it who might be affected by this individual and those who may support his truths.

Edited by DanielaS
22 people like this

KINGS, more than any other Role, tend to require you to LET THEM LOVE YOU FIRST before he or she can let you love him or her.

Of course, this does not mean you cannot Love the King, but it does mean that he may not experience it until he has decided he can Love you.

"Letting the King Love You First" would simply mean that you go about your business of being yourself, with no airs, no pretense, no agenda, and this gives the King time to Love you.

The Love that a King has can be an extraordinarily powerful thing. Even if he is a 'corrupt master', then we can do the work of honorably serving him and taking care of him as you would take care of a young child. It's an interesting monad to successfully serve one who is obviously less mature than you are. It's a reflection of the universe at large that spiritual superiors position spiritual inferiors in leading roles and serve and support them.

10 people like this

@DanielaS  Hmmm, it may be too soon.....we still feel too sick to attempt to convert our disgust into love.

11 people like this

Too soon. I need time and space to mourn, first. People who are rushing on to 'here's how you can help!' feel to me like they are just practising avoidance right now, and are kind of still in denial.

I mean, I'll get there too, eventually. But not today.

Edited by Juni
13 people like this

My sister, Helen, and I just met for coffee and discussed how we both felt as if we'd been punched in the stomach.  We feel pretty discouraged at the direction humanity is taking.😢

12 people like this

don't want to defend Trump or anything like that but at least his speech after Hillary phone call was the best he has made so far, no more about fear and hate and it seems it was the first time that he spoke with some respect about Hillary, it seems his supporters were somehow irritated by that... but maybe he was just tired

10 people like this

13 hours ago, estoy said:

don't want to defend Trump or anything like that but at least his speech after Hillary phone call was the best he has made so far, no more about fear and hate and it seems it was the first time that he spoke with some respect about Hillary, it seems his supporters were somehow irritated by that... but maybe he was just tired

Yeah. Or he had been well coached and actually took the advice this time?

I was just thinking it would be really funny if now that he has won (with whatever icky methods used) he turns into a properly boring civil servant. Doubt that, somehow, but trying to find something in this to amuse myself...

Edited by Evelin
13 people like this

That was a really beautiful concession speech that Hillary gave.

I think it's a wake up call for all of us older souls to take it up a notch in our participation. We need to get organized. We need to teach. We need to reach out. But first we need to grieve.

We're still here, and what else is there to do?

17 people like this

8 minutes ago, DianeHB said:

I think it's a wake up call for all of us older souls to take it up a notch in our participation. We need to get organized. We need to teach. We need to reach out. But first we need to grieve.

Exactly this. There is no doubt in my mind that yesterday was a Turning Point, and that we've chosen Breakdown doesn't change the fact that we've now got work to do to put the pieces back together in a way we prefer.

Watching this unfold yesterday felt like a combination of going through 9/11 and the day my dad died, rolled into one, but it also brought to light the apathy I've had towards politics, the reactionary stance I had when it came to seeing injustice in the world, and because of how much that stance hurt, my own personal choice to move away from it all and just let the "youngin's" battle it out while I mind my own business elsewhere. This has been a blindspot that's just had a floodlight pointed at it. 

Like the rest of us, I grieve. I grieve because I had holed myself up in a little bubble of idealism believing this cannot be true of the people I share this beautiful planet with, not on this scale. But it is. I found out recently that I had friends and family who voted for Trump. Even in my bubble. I've never been more intent on unapologetically bringing my Old Soulness out into the world as I am now. We've chosen the fast, painful track to change, and it's time I chose to do my part.

Love and hugs to you all. We've got a long road ahead of us... 

14 people like this

ALERT: LIVE SESSION CANCELED - As the day has worn on, I have to be honest that I cannot get out of my way for a live session tonight. I am very sorry. I just can't do it, and if there is only one thing I have control over it's the integrity of my work with Michael. I don't want to risk losing even that by forcing myself into trance.

I feel no different from the day after 9/11 and after the mass murders at Pulse. My grief is way too strong to ignore right now.

I know Michael will help offer insight and knowledge and perspective, and I feel like shit that I am blocking that from access, but I need a day. At least a day. And I know I can shake this off, but today... it's too much.

Watching a monster be put into power and treated with honor and grace by those who will now suffer from his abuses is making me physically ill. Listening to people on the streets speaking in hushed, fearful tones as they try to adapt to a world that just voted against their existence is heartbreaking.

I just need a day. Or two. I think we all do.

I'll let you know when I'm ready. It will be soon, just not today.

24 people like this

Hugs if you'd like them, Troy. It's completely understandable and please take care of yourself.

6 people like this

13 hours ago, Will said:

I like most people didn't expect this at all.  The last thing I expected.  However- I said it on Twitter and 20 minutes later a guy on your side of the pond said the same thing on fivethirtyeight- I feel like you've had your Brexit moment.  The precariat have stood up and spoken in no uncertain terms that they are simply not going to take it anymore, they want (what represents) change.  Hillary and the EU are the same Neoliberal disaster.  The future is now different and unwritten.

What actually happens of course is completely all to play for but now we know for sure- it will not be business as usual.  And that is not something that could be said yesterday.  I personally think that this is good news, when the incredulity begins to fade.

I think that the appearances of what Trump represents should not be mistaken for what has happened, in the same way that 17.4 million people in Britain are not racist because they voted to leave the EU.  The situation and the presented context are not the same thing.  I think this will accelerate progression in the way that a wrecking ball brings about a new building.

Sorry for those of you who are not feeling good about this, but this is deja vu after our Brexit result.  It is my opinion that this is a blessing in disguise.  It's going to be ugly for a little while, like it is for us in England right now, but this is all for the greater good in my opinion.

This is the US. EVERYTHING is about race here. This country has a long long history of social violence. Now the entire world can no longer ignore what POC have been saying for forever. Pandora's box is open. White voters overwhelmingly voted for that orange nightmare because they blame POC and immigrants and muslims for their problems instead of the rich republicans who have been screwing all of us over. Republicans have controlled congress for more than 10 years, and they hop in bed with corporations who lobby for them to make deals and laws in their favor. The same deals that made it okay for corporations to move all their blue collar jobs overseas. The same republicans who thought trickle down economics would actually work. The voters are so busy blaming me and my kind that they aren't paying attention to the fleecing they are getting. They're straight up assholes. 

I will concede that it is a good thing that all the hate has really been exposed and it will fester and stink like a terrible infection before it gets healed. Already in Philly, someone vandalized a storefront with swastikas and Trump's name. This is only the beginning. 

15 people like this

I'll finally comment on this atrocity.
Yesterday was almost like my energy went on a flatline. I decided to ignore the election results until I could no longer, not to try to avoid them, just to not be preoccupied with them. So I spent my day watching LOST and crying at the end, and having overall pleasant interactions with my family for once on a day where it felt like "let's just get through this day and see what happens" and me not really talking to anyone online because it felt exhausting to try to write to them.
I realized after I saw the election results and Trump won, that my energy soared up, and I felt relieved almost- full of shaky anxiety that i had to ground myself in, but seeing a greater potential now.
So I realized this was me moving through Phase 1 of a Divergence which sedates the personality, and Phase 2 of the Divergence, which for a fluid role I am, came out in me as sporadic bursts of buzzy energy. It was pretty weird but good validation for me to recognize that day was a diverging point.

I tried wondering why I'd find myself in this reality, but I realized it now. It's not because we wanted Trump to win, we're in this reality because a part of us must want the "excitement" and "progress" that will be made in the years ahead, where the classist, xenophobic, racist, sexist, downtrodden, sufferring, ignored, lonely etc. will be revealed and humanity will be either on a fast track to breakdown, or what i see as more likely after this grieving period subsides- breakthrough.
So basically we wanted a closure to these issues, and our wisdom as older souls will help to bring that closure and healing on many levels through our actions.
I guess in a way that's what happens every time we diverge on communal or global levels; not necessarily that we want the reality we're in, but that we can contribute to it somehow.

I'm still incredibly sad it is this way, but I can recognize why I've "ended up" here as opposed to somewhere else. I must have made a choice somewhere lately that I was ready to commit to this path. And even more so I must have also made a choice lately to focus on the bigger, broader perspective for now.

10 people like this

Troy, I understand completely - while I think we are all desperate for some words from the Michaels now, this is not the time. You have to take care of yourself.

Self-care is important for all of us right now. Read, nap, take a bubble bath, snuggle your pets, whatever brings you comfort.

7 people like this

@DanielaS -- At this point it is not about Trump or whether I can include him. The man is what he is. My great grief is how many people chose to ignore what he is and vote for him anyway. To a certain extent I can understand what white men may see in him. I do not understand at all how women -- especially women with daughters -- could close their ears to the words of this obvious misogynist. I know some of these women. And I'm considering whether I still want to know them.

18 people like this

Love you, Troy. We all need a day or two off after this.

8 people like this

It's interesting that @ckaricai brought up the Pandora's Box scenario because that is the image that has kept coming to mind for me. All the horrors are unleashed from the box but hope remains in the end. Let's not forget that.

I'm severly disappointed that this cartoon character will be our president. It makes me embarassed to be an American, and I am grieving with the rest of you. But, I'm with the others that think we may on the fast track to healing this way. In this parallel we can't turn away from the ugliness. We're choosing to face it and deal directly with it. In the least, I'm relieved to know the truth now so we can just get on with the show. 

14 people like this

Edited: used the wrong quote again. So I deleted it but now I can't remember which person I meant to quote from. I will figure out how to quote properly  from my phone eventually. 

Americans are not used to political upheavals. Social changes yes, but our system of government has always been a solid foundation. The constitution is as sacred as a bible. We like our peaceful transitions. We are all shell shocked now but we have two months before he is sworn in. Two months before our way of life could change for the worse. I keep thinking about how Iran was a progressive secular nation before the Shah was installed in 1979. And Argentina before Pinochet. And in both cases the US backed those people. It's almost like national karma or something. I'm really hoping we can get thru these next two months without incident. 

Edited by ckaricai
9 people like this

@Troy -- Take all the time you need, Troy!  And please don't feel bad about needing time to process and deal with what's happened before you can be still and clear enough to channel.  This is a hard time, and will take a considerable amount of "dealing with it" to reach any sort of mental and emotional equilibrium.  Do what you can, when you can -- and try not to feel down on yourself if you find you can't when you wish you could!

5 people like this

Not sure if anyone is in the mood for it, but I have found this article sort of helpful in analysing the hate (or at least dislike) people have for Hillary: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/07/the_people_who_hate_hillary_clinton_the_most.html

And then there is a little in this snippet I got from Michael recently: 

It was asked in the context of C2E2 but speaks of whole C2

7 people like this

I certainly understand, Troy. It is hard for me to concentrate today. It's hard to imagine trying to channel under these circumstances.

Would it be possible to have the chat room open anyway?

So much love to everyone here, 

Ann

11 people like this

I now remember a dream I had, which at the time I just thought was a weird little snippet rising out of tension: I was sitting on a couch talking to Melania Trump, who was wearing a white dress. She was telling me, "We're just like Bush in 2004! Bush! You will see!" I dismissed it at the time...but looking back, I wonder if I actually was talking to Melania on the astral plane somewhere? I have no idea why she'd want to talk to (warn?) me of all people.

I hope everyone is taking good care of themselves.

9 people like this

27 minutes ago, ckaricai said:

This is the US. EVERYTHING is about race here. This country has a long long history of social violence. Now the entire world can no longer ignore what POC have been saying for forever. Pandora's box is open. White voters overwhelmingly voted for that orange nightmare because they blame POC and immigrants and muslims for their problems instead of the rich republicans who have been screwing all of us over. Republicans have controlled congress for more than 10 years, and they hop in bed with corporations who lobby for them to make deals and laws in their favor. The same deals that made it okay for corporations to move all their blue collar jobs overseas. The same republicans who thought trickle down economics would actually work. The voters are so busy blaming me and my kind that they aren't paying attention to the fleecing they are getting. They're straight up assholes. 

I will concede that it is a good thing that all the hate has really been exposed and it will fester and stink like a terrible infection before it gets healed. Already in Philly, someone vandalized a storefront with swastikas and Trump's name. This is only the beginning. 

Bravo, Cary!!!!!

5 people like this