Troy

U.S. Presidential Election Comfort and Anxiety Thread

Janet

Quite by accident, because I have been ignoring the media, I have only just found out that apparently Hillary Clinton actually won the popular vote. Trump = 59.48 million; Clinton = 59.68 million with 99% reporting. The Electoral College did us in again, but it helps me to know that the popular vote went to Hillary. 

• LIKE/LOVE 16

AnnaD

After realising that Trump will be President, I watched tv then went to bed and dreamed. 

My dream was I had been taken somewhere "contained from the society I had known and lived" to a reservation. The reservation was full of undesirables like me. It was day one of being on the reservation with all of society's "undesirable and wrong" women, women who had somehow transgressed some unwritten societal rule under a new presidential mandate and now found themselves segregated in a reservation ghetto somewhere. It kind of felt like none of us knew why or how we had "transgressed" normal society and were now second class citizens. I don't know if we could vote. I remember the last part of this dream I resolved to get to know my fellow captives and try and find solidarity, and strength in our existences. 

It felt real. It felt like this is what has happened to most POC and will continue to happen perhaps except on an organised scale where diversity of life isn't worth much. It felt like the beginning of being controlled and contained.

Edited by AnnaD
  • LIKE/LOVE 9

Crystal

That's a scary dream, Anna. I hope it doesn't come to this!

I've been looking through transcripts and found this timeline that Kurtis put together here: 

It mentions that a couple of parallels have recently merged with ours - one recent one where there was a fear (instead of love) of technology, and another that had split way back in the 1770's where there was no United States, just a bunch of colonies under military control, with much racism, guns, anarchy, etc. I recall Michael mentioning this parallel merging with ours a couple of times - if I find the links I'll post them. At any rate, I think that some of what we are going through now might be due to this rather rough-and-ready parallel merging with our main one. I hope I get a chance to ask the Michaels about this.

• LIKE/LOVE 10

KurtisM

@AnnaDThere are some future dystopian stories I've read about/played in the past. If they're actually sourced from future lives or intuited probabilities, then I can see how Trump being elected may progress into those dystopias.
I'm specifically speaking about those stories where humans live in highly contained societies with numerous ranks and hierarchies, with the typical world leader presiding over them like an "evil monarch" who keeps most contact with them from the "lessers" very isolated at best. Which is typical of a Young Soul society that keeps everyone in line so the power is in their hands.

I'm not saying that will happen, but I think it has legitimate sources from those of us who've lived in past or future societies where this isolation effect may have happened. If we give up, maybe it's just a "sign' of sorts saying that'd be along the lines for what would happen.

@Crystal That's exactly what I was thinking when I first saw that. It was like a lightbulb suddenly appeared above my head and I thought "oh that explains why it suddenly rose up". I'm thinking it merging with our own has brought out those facets of people here who still harbored resentment over those different than them that they've been taught or taught themselves are wrong.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

AnnaD

Within the Republican Party who are holding all those US (Anna is guessing here: Congress ? Senate ? President ?) government power "for" the American people, there is active disagreement and *shame* that Donald Trump has been elected. 

So the conflicts within the Republican Party whatever they arise on, and about, will be varied and surely many. 

What are the limitations in place controlling Trumps metastases? Besides the general of the US Army saying that he won't take orders from Trump. 

Whose hand is going to be up Trumps Puppet Arse controlling Trump? Surely the Republican Party has a Plan B, C, to Z to not self destruct over Trumps proven incompetence. 

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Paulyboy

Edited by Troy
Edited so video embed is responsive
  • LIKE/LOVE 9

Paulyboy

My phone wouldnt let me do the video and type, so...

If life is a video game, we just went into "Hard Mode."

Bonus XP!

• LIKE/LOVE 7

estoy
1 minute ago, AnnaD said:

Within the Republican Party who are holding all those US (Anna is guessing here: Congress ? Senate ? President ?) government power "for" the American people, there is active disagreement and *shame* that Donald Trump has been elected. 

So the conflicts within the Republican Party whatever they arise on, and about, will be varied and surely many. 

What are the limitations in place controlling Trumps metastases? Besides the general of the US Army saying that he won't take orders from Trump. 

Whose hand is going to be up Trumps Puppet Arse controlling Trump? Surely the Republican Party has a Plan B, C, to Z to not self destruct over Trumps proven incompetence. 

the GOP will have some plans but I guess there are the same plans Obama had to deal with: blockade

gosh it was so fun one year ago where Trump was destroying all other GOP candidates... I was so sure that he had no chance against Hillary that time  ?

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Heidi
3 hours ago, Janet said:

Quite by accident, because I have been ignoring the media, I have only just found out that apparently Hillary Clinton actually won the popular vote. Trump = 59.48 million; Clinton = 59.68 million with 99% reporting. The Electoral College did us in again, but it helps me to know that the popular vote went to Hillary. 

Janet, where did you find this information? Not saying it's incorrect, just wondering where these numbers where posted.

Kasia
1 minute ago, Heidi said:

Janet, where did you find this information? Not saying it's incorrect, just wondering where these numbers where posted.

@Heidi If you Google "Election 2016", you'll get real time numbers from the AP. They're a little higher now as votes were still being counted, but Hillary definitely won the popular vote. 

@Paulyboy Gandalf is literally my Essence in that vid. Thanks for posting, I needed the smile. ?

• LIKE/LOVE 4

NickG
1 hour ago, Paulyboy said:

My favorite series of all time!!! I think this is from the book but it is a nice reminder.

06BB97CE-04C3-4CCF-9022-9EFD5E0BA378-3662-000002C363B81551_tmp.png

• LIKE/LOVE 17

Jana

OMG yes, that Gandalf quote - It really means something to me :D

• LIKE/LOVE 3

AmandaPan

Troy, i was certainly surprised when you said you were willing to channel tonight. I myself have been wallowing in despair, disappointment and self-destruction today. And will probably allow myself to wallow for another day before I try to pull myself together to find the silver lining in all of this.

All I can say is that I never really took the easy (and well trampled) path in this life. I thought I would with this election but apparently I have not. So to my fellow constituents of this parallel I say good luck and may you find the peace and fortitude to come through it with an open heart and an understanding mind.

• LIKE/LOVE 13

Maxim

I love hearing all the thoughts on this thread. 

This from @Maureen hit me just right.

With a nod to Kerrin, as discussed the other day, I now know how our Caretakers must have felt about us as we evolved through our younger soul ages. This is not the end of the world. This is how the growing pains of evolution looks like from the inside, close up and personal. It hurts, it hurts us all, but we do know better, we know where we are going and we know we will all get there ...eventually. We can trust that. We can trust in ourselves. We can trust that others will arrive there, when they are ready, when they have done their work. In the meantime, we have a lot of work to do, we have a lot of loving to do. Nobody said evolution was easy.

@Paulyboy Speaking of Hobbits, loved the ring of power being tossed away and seeing Gandalf, the elf and Frodo on a new journey sailing into the mist while his hobbit friends headed back to the Shire to live their lives.  In this transition into mature soul values that ring of power is going to tossed aside time and again as we surrender to the isness that we are all in this party together.

I'm still getting mileage from the Loving the Unlovable session.  Include=Love.  Even without saying a word just having someone present is a form of love.

• LIKE/LOVE 12

Maureen

I have this in a blog but it seems this is a good place to re-post it:

Michael said (in the Q&A below) that both Trump and Hitler are Moving Centered, Intellectual Part.

From an ASK Michael on March 6, 2016:

Maureen:  There is a lot of chatter going on that Trump is lot like Hitler. A friend of my husband said Trump is more like Mussolini or Peron than Hitler as Trump is more of a populist as he doesn’t have a military agenda like an outright fascist would have.

I think Trump is like Hitler more out of opportunity than nature. I can see that Hitler really believed what he was espousing while Trump is an opportunist who doesn't believe in anything but himself. Trump will go to any lengths to gain Trump "brand appeal" in any way he can. It always looked to me as if Hitler, in his heart, thought he was doing what was right for "Aryan" Germany, at the time.

What really stands out to many is how alike the followers / supporters of both Trump and Hitler are.

Would you comment on this time in history, in regards to Trump and Hitler and their Overleaves if relevant, and what is going on right now for their followers / supporters to be so similar even as we are in different times?

MEntity:  In technical terms, these fragments are very different in features, but not in function or potential outcome. It is not amiss to compare these fragments in terms of potential for parallel outcomes, even if each are designed differently.

MEntity:  Comparing these individuals and the effects/potential effects is similar to comparing the results of driving a car into a crowd or driving a truck into a crowd. Yes, you can point out how different each vehicle is and how one may have harmed more than the other, but it is fair to say that it is rather moot to compare them for differences when the intent, force, and effects are so similar.

MEntity:  The greatest difference at this point is the position of power.

MEntity:  If the position of power shifts for the King, so would similarities grow ever more similar to that of the Priest's.

MEntity:  A military agenda is not within reach at this time for the King, but when it is within reach, more similarities would emerge.

MEntity:  In both cases there is a mass Monad at play here involving Serving A Corrupt Master.

MEntity:  It is true that much of what the King promotes is merely for the attention and power. We have put his ideology at about 50% in terms of how much he, himself, believes what he says. He is marketing.

MEntity:  However, this is not to say that this line is clear to him. If enough power and attention were to be produced by the marketing, then the effort to fulfill the ideology and build upon it would shift that percentage.

MEntity:  In both cases "the heart" is not involved. It is essentially removed from the equation and process. Both are Moving Centered, Intellectual Part.

MEntity:  The Emotional element only comes into play as a balance, which most often shows up as "thin skin," easily offended, double-standards, pouting, and tantrums.

MEntity:  This is then used to fuel further the locked cycles of Intellect and Action without heart.

MEntity:  In short, it is fair to compare these fragments in terms of impact and potential harm, even if they may play out very differently with different vehicles. In the end, many would be "run over."

Edited by Maureen
  • LIKE/LOVE 12

Guest Will

5 hours ago, ClaireC said:

This is the US. EVERYTHING is about race here.

With respect- we all have our unique perspective- while that might be yours Cary, mine is different. Glenn says it well I feel:

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/09/democrats-trump-and-the-ongoing-dangerous-refusal-to-learn-the-lesson-of-brexit/

Like I said, like Glenn said, I feel there is much more at play here than race.  That's the same trap many educated liberals fell for in Britain after Brexit. Millions in London called millions around the rest of the country a bunch of ignorant racist morons. People in London who know nothing of the poverty in the rest of the country. Eventually I got tired of this arrogance to infer people are stupid because they chose what THEY perceived to be the least worse option. And I learned more than one great lesson- it's extraordinarily easy to make something simple- so you can more easily deal with it, but you'll always lose the nuance, the detail. And the devil is in the details. I learned about how elites and middle-classes look down on the poor when they disobey, when they revolt- and think they're stupid- call them racist, ignorant- it's amazing really how ignorant certain educated people can be- and I of course say this in reflection- "smart enough to know how little I know" is a useful mantra for a king-cast scholar.

When Trump selects his people we'll start to know the score more clearly. Obama's cabinet was chosen by Citibank. Literally.

Crystal

Here we go! Scroll down a ways and there is the merging parallel where the "Settling and establishment" of what is now the United States failed. Apparently it was anarchy for a good long while and then a police state. The merge occurred at the end of August/beginning of September, 2014. Per Michael: it's a very difficult merge, the next 20 to 50 years are precarious, and the US could either lose power rapidly or become extremely powerful "beyond comprehension." O_o Looks like we're in for a wild ride.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Patty

Well, while still reeling from the shock, I have - oddly - found comfort in the evening news. I caught the tail end of a civics lesson on CBS in which the reporter reminded us of the checks and balances built into our country (i.e. Presidential, Congressional, and Judiciary powers) and explained that 'gridlocks', while frustrating, are actually working as planned to stop the government when discourse becomes too partisan. At the end of the segment the reporter said something along the lines of, 'whether you get what you hoped for or not, one thing is true: It Will All Be OK.' And it was nice to hear. 

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Leela Corman

All I can say right now is that I've never been so scared for my personal safety, and that of my family. Also for my black, brown, queer, and Muslim friends, neighbors, and colleagues. My survivor's-descendant DNA is screaming at me to run, like my grandparents DIDN'T, from Poland in the 1930's. Our county in Florida is a lake of blue, but I feel surrounded on all sides by his white supremacist supporters. I strongly feel that we can't stay. I woke up this morning and instantly began taking a cold inventory of everything I own that I can sell. It's most of what we have, house included. There are things I want to do here. I just became friends with a cadence mate who lives up the street from me. He wants to work on a creative collaboration with me that would be the fulfillment of a dream. But I feel like I'm waiting for disaster. 

I can't yet with the "we have work to do" stuff. I mean, great, but you know what? This is for white christians to fix. As a Jewish woman, and parent of a girl, I feel like, nope. My grandfather's burning eyes look out at me from his 1947 photo, taken in a DP camp in the Soviet zone, and they tell me, protect the tribe, don't be stupid, pack your bags.

I mean no disrespect re white christians. I just mean, my friends who keep posting on Facebook about organizing: that's great, if you're white and straight and not from a religio-ethnic minority. You go ahead, you yell, scream, fight. I'm not sticking around, it's not my fight, my child needs to grow up.

• LIKE/LOVE 15

PeterK

I just finished reading this entire thread and want to thank everyone for posting their thoughts. At this point in my life, the TLE community forms the core of my support system. So reading everyone's thoughts is very helpful and keeps me from feeling isolated.

Much of what is on my mind has already been expressed by others, so there's not much I can add. Except for Michael sessions, I almost never cry anymore. But this morning in the shower I did, partly to hide my feelings from a family member whose exceptionally conservative and narrow mind infuriates me. With respect to this member, Michael said (through another channel): "You do not have to be the person who takes on wearing away this family member's resistance like the ocean wears away a mountain." I'm trying to follow that advice.

What I feel the most is the weight of what lies ahead. As an analogy, it is as though I have been hiding in the basement waiting out a tornado. The tornado does indeed strike dead on and the house above me is wiped away. I survive however and make my way to what was the front lawn while tears flow from the loss and destruction. But also I feel the heavy weight of the rebuilding that lies ahead.

Wisconsin fell to Trump, so that has left me quite queasy. In my neck of the woods, there is a great deal of jubilance at Trump's victory over the evil Hillary (not my sentiments but the sentiments of those around me). I feel a bit like a passenger standing at the bow of the Titanic who actually does see the approaching iceberg while the other passengers celebrate the cruise in blissful oblivion. I met one person this morning who thinks Trump is just what the doctor ordered and that he will "straighten things out" for the better. Not surprisingly, I keep mostly to myself and say little to others about the election. But due to actions I have taken over the last several months in my dogged obsession with the truth, I suspect my chance to stand up for what I believe is right is not far away.

One of the things that is troubling to me at the moment is the concept of parallels. I just don't understand them very well. If I have slid into a new parallel, are all of you still the "you" that I knew before? Am I still the same "me" or a different "me"? It would be great if we could have two sessions with Michael on the topic of parallels: one session for parallels in general and another for this parallel in the context of the election.

So as you can see, there is not much that I can add to this thread :). That reminds me of a story about a mathematics professor who begins class with the presentation of a theorem and states that the proof is obvious. Then the professor hesitates, walks out of the classroom, and unbeknownst to the students retreats to his office to ponder. Nearly an hour later, moments before the class period ends, the professor returns to the classroom and announces, "Yes, it's obvious".

• LIKE/LOVE 11

Evelin

@Leela, I hear you. My survived-Siberia DNA is whispering similar things. Has been for 2-3 years now, and I've taken some stock in my mind. Yet there's a part of me that refuses to be thoroughly afraid, to let my sentences be finished with fear. To me, that would just mean that I can't hold my space and let forces I don't even feel connected to take over. I like my space, I'm staying there and keeping calm. While I cry, and no, that doesn't make me weak.
There's been a lot of hype and manipulation lately both in Europe and in the US (nicely backed by Russia who also nicely backs conspiracy theorists), about how it's all gone bad and finished already, like there's nothing to fight for anymore, that a certain way of life is already doomed. Well, that's just school bullying and never worked with me. It's easy to make docile lambs out of people if you tell them they are doomed, then they'll feel like there's nothing left to lose. Except there always is.

My husband said yesterday, "It's like Eric Cartman was just elected president." Yet I keep getting the feeling when looking at pictures of Trump that he wanted to get into the Big Boys' Club, to matter, to be taken seriously, and now he might actually play by the club's rules. At first, or at least try to.

@Troy, I love you, too. I think most students here can hear Michael whispering this and that on their own, so you take your days, and my hugs.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Evelin

P.S. I really miss Geraldine right now, and her comments on this!

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Jana
7 hours ago, Will said:

With respect- we all have our unique perspective- while that might be yours Cary, mine is different. Glenn says it well I feel:

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/09/democrats-trump-and-the-ongoing-dangerous-refusal-to-learn-the-lesson-of-brexit/

Like I said, like Glenn said, I feel there is much more at play here than race.  That's the same trap many educated liberals fell for in Britain after Brexit. Millions in London called millions around the rest of the country a bunch of ignorant racist morons. People in London who know nothing of the poverty in the rest of the country. Eventually I got tired of this arrogance to infer people are stupid because they chose what THEY perceived to be the least worse option. And I learned more than one great lesson- it's extraordinarily easy to make something simple- so you can more easily deal with it, but you'll always lose the nuance, the detail. And the devil is in the details. I learned about how elites and middle-classes look down on the poor when they disobey, when they revolt- and think they're stupid- call them racist, ignorant- it's amazing really how ignorant certain educated people can be- and I of course say this in reflection- "smart enough to know how little I know" is a useful mantra for a king-cast scholar.

When Trump selects his people we'll start to know the score more clearly. Obama's cabinet was chosen by Citibank. Literally.

Both Brexit and this was a protest vote. No, things are never simple, but ironically it is precisely these people - Farage, Trump etc, who make them simple for the easily manipulated, disappointed, disempowered, uneducated masses. Many of them have little to lose. I love the analogy someone made about this in the context of Brexit - it's like giving these masses one, and only one tool to fix this complex problem - a big hammer. And tell it to the victims of hate crime wave that spread after Brexit, that it's not about that. And - I can feel for someone's plight and yet be pissed off at them for screwing me over, whilst NOT solving their problem in the slightest.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Guest Will

In Britain there was no hate "crime wave" Jana.  It was reported and spun that way, but I don't believe there was one.  There were some horrendous racist incidents, but I don't believe most of the other things in the newspapers, especially not in Britain- our press is one of the worst in the world.  The media is a large and dirty part of all this as I'm sure you've seen in the unconditional support of Clinton in the USA, Clinton the saint, who in reality- would have maintained the neoliberal order.  I'm gunna repeat that because if anyone has any evidence to the contrary I would sincerely like to read it.  She and Bill are the Davos class and they don't give a fuck.  Some of the worst things have happened under democrats so I don't believe a hammer is always the worst tool for the job.  If it's all you've got, it's something.  But the 'us' and 'them' is no good.

"pissed off at them for screwing me over" I'm sure you're angry and I can understand lots of people are angry but after a point you've really got to ask what good that does anyone.  Quite often it blinds you to the fact that for lots of people it's not about solving a problem but sending a message.  I'm very aware of my place as not being American and being an outsider but there's so many parallels here that it is like deja vu.  Obviously I'm not trying to say you've now got a wonderful statesman like Commander in Chief, it goes without saying that Trump is a "cartoon character", but how long do you actually think he's going to stick around working for the people?  Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.  I got called all sorts of crap after the Brexit result because I voted Leave- but my vote had nothing to do with Farage or any of the mainstream campaigns- it was #Lexit it was a Left/Socialist stance.  The demagogs claim the victory but it isn't theirs.  These subtleties will bear fruit.  Don't underestimate your fellow citizens or be dismissive of them.  They did that in Britain, but we're not listening now, just like we didn't buy their propaganda before.  You can frame and cook and manipulate the facts and circumstances any way you like and I'm well aware I'm doing that, but we create our own reality so I'd much rather frame this as being the start of something revolutionary to inspire mobilisation.  And more than that- I do believe that to be the case.  It finally feels like the world is changing, you've finally got rid of the Clinton/Bush monster, that in itself is tremendous.  Yes because people aren't stupid, the far-right have seen their chance and are also going to mobilise, but now is the time- and if people get out there, it's all to play for.  You can't have systemic change without some form of upheaval.

Also- I thrive on chaos so I feel my pre-occupation is with it and the potential it provides.  It takes me more time to appreciate that many people are not like this and crave stability.  But stability in the form of a house of cards- is a lie.  As a European, it cannot be understated the danger amplified by the US in the Middle East and with Russia.  At least with Trump you have the potential for de-escalation.  As an outsider, as a non-American, this election effects everyone on the planet.  I'd love to hear some parallels, some predictions now that the ether is a little clearer, now that we've taken a radical trunk.

Edited by Will

Jana

I live here (UK) for nearly 2 decades, and I am an immigrant, with Eastern European accent and all. I'm not an American. If you don't believe newspapers, TV, actual footage, etc. regarding the anti-immigrant aggression, then ask the actual immigrants, if it is of interest to you. There was a man killed. No, it's not clear if it was a hate crime, but people who live in his neighbourhood and experience constant anti-immigrant slurs might be left living in fear for their lives from it. Are you sure you can even imagine this? You think it's just made up? Do you know how it feels, to be made unwelcome in your home? And sometimes it's not even bad intent, like I am sure you don't have, but do you know how many times I was asked if I am going to go "back home"? I thought - "what are you talking about? I own a house here, with a garden I have cared for for years, my children lived here for their whole lives, I have worked for the same company for 15 years and saw it being founded - literally my whole life is here, I have paid far more taxes than an average Brexiteer in my life (yet cannot vote into parliament, unless I chose to pay some stupid amount of money and subject myself to a ridiculous test), my Essence doubtless had many lives on this island - and in your eyes this is not my home?" I said "this is my home" and got a funny look. Things we take for granted, hey? Things we marginalise.

How I see someone's decision is my choice. No, I am not angry anymore about Brexit (that would be pretty exhausting) - although if I was, that would be my business. But we are still screwed over from it, all of us, and I reserve the right to see it as a stupid decision. I have tried to find what actual benefit it might bring, and could not. Unless the aim is simply instability for the sake of instability. This and Brexit are certainly making massive strides towards it.

• LIKE/LOVE 11