Troy

U.S. Presidential Election Comfort and Anxiety Thread

324 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, j.perez9 said:

Yes it does. 

That's not proof.  That's an opinion.  And before you get all caught up cluttering this thread with such bullshit, I suggest you start a personal blog enlightening us with your wisdom.

8 people like this

1 minute ago, j.perez9 said:

You are full of shit.  

Yeah, yeah, yeah...  I'll make sure to take an extra Moderator's dose of fiber.

17 people like this

1 hour ago, Maureen said:

@Troy  Interestingly, I have been quite vocal about wanting the slower, less painful, less harmful to the many, evolutionary path which I saw as coming about through Hillary. I saw a Trump Presidency or Bernie Presidency as being more about revolution. Are you saying that the reverse is true? Are you saying that the Hillary path in the other Parallels (or another Parallel) actually turned out to be more painful for the many and has turned into an "overthrow" revolution of sorts? If that is the case me being in this Parallel, now, is what I said I wanted and this is the more evolutionary path. Who would've thought?  :SURLEQ:

I'd also really like to hear what M has to say about parallels where Hillary won.  I'll admit, I had some fear that [when] if Hillary won, her entire time in office would be plagued by ugly, hate and fear-based attacks - worse than Obama has had to endure.  I hesitate to make a generalization, but nonetheless I'll say I "feel" like those forces that oppose(d) Obama and Hillary would have less respect and less restraint when attacking a woman.   

10 people like this

j.perez9, your Trump endorsing drivel will not be liked or endured here. This community is one that enables diversity, and is based on love, and verification, and discernment of detail. I suggest that you take your end times rapture ticket and move on. 

11 people like this

I was willing to be open minded to that j.perez guy, but I decided fuck it. I'm not in the mood to accommodate any assholes who are rude to anyone in this community. It's one thing for long-time members to maybe get into heated exchanges because we trust each other, but to barge into a community and begin spouting paranoid religious cult language and insulting our hosts and ultimately praising Trump... NOPE. Sorry. Buh bye.

18 people like this

Hearing how angry and fired up a lot of you are made me think of this old cartoon I used to watch and a particular scene in it. I think the android's speech is perfect for our exact situation. A bit long but it is worth watching. 

8 people like this

For those who interested in a post election unifying event there is this one being broadcast this Sunday from Washington DC.  It includes various political, spiritual, musical and artistic figures.

http://dayofhealing.us/

6 people like this

it is irritating what reasons the Trump-voters have for their choice and how angry they get even after they get what they want

for sure they are not all racist but they cast there vote for a racist agenda and now they don't want to have anything to do with racism...

it's like voting for Hitler "oh no I have nothing against jews, I just want to vote for a vegetarian"

and now this "j.perez9" sell his endorsement for Trump becouse "j.perez9" is against "evil" ???? and it gets less after Trump won????

by the way if we ran out of evil we should buy as much as we can, we can make a fortune of it "what would Trump do" 

I go now under my bed and cry for some time...

8 people like this

16 hours ago, AnnH said:

I am not a Doomsday person at all. In fact, I am (if I must say so myself) one of the least paranoid people I know. It may be fro having a Realist attitude: People rarely surprise me when we're idiots. I love conspiracy stuff, but tend to put little stock in it.

But yes, I have a strong intuitive sense that this is the beginning of a culmination.

Ann, ditto. I'm not paranoid or even pessimistic, either. Yet I feel the same, like this is the beginning. But I also feel like we still have some choice in how we go about this, what we do with it.

As to where it could happen? Well, the "Old Europe" is also quite ripe for all kinds of interesting things now. But I suspect it doesn't really matter where, we are so connected by now, on this planet, that everything has a strong ripple effect.

9 people like this

I just saw this and I honestly agree with a lot he has to saw. Not everything but quite a bit. I'm wondering what you all think?

1 person likes this

This might actually be an essential part of moving into a Mature Soul Age. We've hit a Turning Point, and now in a we live in a world where we can no longer rely on a "leader" figure to take the action needed to heal the world -- we, as individuals, must take that action instead. Like the Michaels said, it's about collective responsibility, and active awareness.

For example: if everyone in the world who believed in Climate Change took all the little steps we can already take (from buying locally-sourced food, bringing a reusable bag to the supermarket, refusing to buy anything plastic, to installing solar panels on your home or working with your local energy company to source your energy from a wind farm) -- we could achieve so much good. What would happen if all those millions who voted for Hillary donated $20 to water preservation?

I think we as the whole of humanity have orchestrated this whole parallel in order to force ourselves to "wake up" to our individually-collective responsibility to the planet. We have a lot to do, and we'll be facing a very vocal and loud and perhaps violent minority, but I truly think we ARE on a path to a Breakthrough -- not just in being able to overcome and prevent an autocracy from arising with Trump here in America, but in being able to each, individually, CHOOSE a healthier, more loving lifestyle; a lifestyle that's more aligned with the Mature Soul paradigm.

At least, those are the thoughts my Essence is whispering in my ear at the moment. ;)

22 people like this

@Will I'd quote all your posts in this thread but it would make reading this post a bit unwieldy on a smart phone, so I'm just going to respond.

You know you aren't allow to vote for only parts of a referendum right?  You vote for all of it or you don't vote at all. You can't say you are only supporting one part of a plan but not the other parts because you don't like them. That's not how the world works.

People in the US who voted for a man who spent the past 16 months telling voters very explicitly that he would go after muslims, latinos, and blacks can't turn around and say they aren't racist because they disagree with his racists statements, but they agree there should be a wall between us and Mexico, and that universal healthcare is a terrible idea and has to go. He actually never laid out his policies until just this week after he won the electoral vote, so his supporters also can't say they voted for any of his other proposed policies. He never told us. In fact, now that he has outlined his policies some of them might actually disagree with him.  In any case a vote is an explicit declaration of support. You can't pick and choose minutiae if you can't pick and choose the minutiae of what you are voting for.  

As for race being an essential social component of this country, well, unless you have lived here for an extended period you really can't make an informed opinion. I have had conversations with immigrants where they tell me about how little they understood race relations in the US until they got here and experienced it or witnessed it first hand. So you're allowed to have your opinion so long as you understand it's an uninformed one. 

You come live here for a few years as anything other than as a cisgender straight white male, have people threaten you and them come talk to me about how you think race had nothing to do with this election. 

@NickG I saw that video earlier today and he makes some good points and some not good points. I disagree that not everyone who voted for trump isn't racist. Nope. No one who voted for him gets to say that. A person who votes for someone who's spouting racist policies is supporting a racist. A person who votes for someone who says it's okay to sexually assault women is supporting a sexist. They support a racist then they must not have a problem with racism, therefore they're a fucking racist. They support a sexist then they must not have a problem with sexism. They're a fucking sexist. They can't have it both ways. What people do matters more than what they say. What they do is who they are. What they say is wind. 

I appreciate the call the guy in the video is making for liberals to talk to conservatives. I'd hope that people are willing to actually listen to each other now. I've spent a lot of years trying to have conversations with people who have different opinions from me about social justice issues. I hear the same points all the time, especially when it comes to race. And it doesn't matter if the other person is liberal or conservative, they say the same things that shut the conversations down right away. This is the main reason why I was already fatigued and done before this election even happened. I'm really angry right now at Trump's voters and at my white liberal friends who are all oh my god I didn't know there were so many racists here until now? Really? Really! POC have been telling you for fucking years now. Fucking years, but the blanket dismissive "not all white people," "I don't see race" response is what we have been getting. That doesn't get anyone anywhere. Race is a taboo topic. And now I feel kind of put out at having to take up these discussions again. I can only hope that this time these conversations can actually go somewhere. 

16 people like this

I wrote this and posted it on FB today. It fits here in this thread so I'm going to add it for all my friends on TLE who aren't friends with me on FB.

I've been thinking about anger, of late, and the essential role it's always played in making real change happen. Any activist worth their salt has used anger as a springboard – first to get to the truth, then to action and then to love.

Anger always moves us forward towards love, conciliation, and compassion. Anger is that voice that says "We're not there yet, keep going. Don't give up".

Hope and naive optimism are the balm that's so often used to quiet the voices of anger in hopes that the voices will just go away and peace will descend upon us all. Anger is a major inconvenience to many.

I think people are quick to jump to hope and optimism because they are afraid of their own anger and the anger of others. What happened to the world on November 8th isn’t going to go away because we “nice” it away. The Trump administration has a lot of accounting to do and from what I can see accountability and facts are not one of their strengths.

The Trump platform, and by default the Republican party’s platform, was built, solely, on division and exclusion. They got voted in because of that not in spite of that. That can’t be denied. The people have spoken and it’s not pretty. Half of the voters in this election clearly want the U.S. to be a divided nation and the other half, the half that wasn’t voted in, want inclusion.

The protests and the ongoing anger will continue because the protesters care enough to speak up. They are speaking up about love, compassion and inclusiveness. They protest and raise their voices because they care. They care deeply. They don’t want anyone to be left behind and they are scared, and rightfully so, because the platform that was voted in said “You, you, you and you over there, you don’t matter”. Well they are wrong. We do all matter. We all deserve a place at the table. We all belong here. We all belong here with all of our rights intact – not just the rights of the few. We all deserve better than this. We all deserve to be free.

The anger is a cry against the injustice and the willful voting in of a platform that stood solidly on discrimination, division, exclusion and hatred. We are angry because we care. We are angry because we can’t slip into the convenient sleep of optimism saying “oh they are just boys playing around. They didn’t actually mean what they said”. When people show you who they are – believe them. You believe them until they show you different. You believe them until their actions speak to you of freedom, fairness, and inclusivity. Until I see actions that speak against what they stood for in their platform I and many others cannot and will not trust them.

Remember this....

PEACE IS NOT PERFECT OR ALWAYS PRETTY - Peace will never be about agreeing, complying, ensuring like-mindedness, or removal of challenge. Peace is the embrace of evolution. Peace is inviting challenges. Peace is allowing for differences. This is true in global and internal terms. Peace is not fought for or imposed. It is negotiated and realized. It is remembered. It is Deliberate. Remember this as you worry about your life and the world. Peace can be sustained even through the most turbulent of times because that turbulence is embraced as part of the growing pains of evolution. Peace is not fantastical. It is practical. ~MEntity

May peace be with us all ॐ

Hands entwined like Earth Globe.jpg

Edited by Maureen
17 people like this

Gotta run but @ckaricai thank you, you are so right, and I have things to say here but I also have theater tickets and also am so fucking scared I feel like my heart's about to abort itself.

7 people like this

I'm glad the elections are over, thank goodness. Felt lighter, energy-wise.

Either way, gotta deal with life as currently? :)

4 people like this

On 11/12/2016 at 10:06 AM, Evelin said:

Ann, ditto. I'm not paranoid or even pessimistic, either. Yet I feel the same, like this is the beginning. But I also feel like we still have some choice in how we go about this, what we do with it.

As to where it could happen? Well, the "Old Europe" is also quite ripe for all kinds of interesting things now. But I suspect it doesn't really matter where, we are so connected by now, on this planet, that everything has a strong ripple effect.

Evelin, maybe it's us Cadre 1 Entity 5'ers who are picking this up. :) We're spread all over the world, anyway.

@ckarical, It's clear that race is the great wound of the US. Other countries have their own wounds, but for the US it's race.

Edited by AnnH
6 people like this

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:18 PM, Matt said:

am i the only one who is having this weird feeling like something else is going to go down.   I can't explain it, but i just keep hearing this message that ,it isn't over yet.  Maybee, i am just off my rocker, but i just have a really odd feeling about everything right now.  I know i am a doomsday person, so maybee it's just that interest of mine creeping in, but either way it's a weird feeling.  

Yes, I think that too.

1 person likes this

I can't stop crying. I can barely function. I don't have any hope.

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Leela Corman said:

I can't stop crying. I can barely function. I don't have any hope.

Leela, I am giving you a virtual hug from here in Chicago.

A close friend lives in Florida, near St. Augustine, and is terrified. She and her husband are thinking of moving back to New England. Take all the time you need to grieve.

So much love to you.

AnnH

6 people like this

It's the entire country. Already I've heard stories of girls, wonen, and black and brown people being attacked, screamed at, and threatened in New York City, DC, Columbus, San Francisco, and Oakland. That's a short list. I'm thinking about how seemingly stable societies have devolved into genocides. I'm thinking of how to keep myself and my family out of a mass grave.

4 people like this

Being angry is not the same thing as being hateful. Being angry does not even have to be painful. I would say if it remains painful then you are missing the point. anger is loving action. Being angry is saying " my rights and the rights of others are being violated and that is not ok with me and i will DO SOMETHING" . Anger, as a response, is directly translated into " I WILL DO SOMETHING!" .I will continue to encourage people to be angry. I will continue to be angry. Depressed? In pain? Lost in deep resentment? No...it is perfectly understandable in this context but no. Angry? HELL YES. Every single civil rights progression in the history of the world was fueled by true ANGER. " this is not ok, i will do SOMETHING". I feel like a lot of people are confusing pain, vitriol and resentment with anger and this is dangerous because it encourages nothing but apathy. Anger creates a loving world. Anger is the only way. Anger is LOVE. Anger does not divide, anger owns its part and does SOMETHING.

16 people like this

https://medium.com/@shannonkelly03/i-voted-for-hillary-but-im-glad-trump-won-f6d3a5a62df6#.855i8xb2v

ELECTION PREDICTION: I predicted, a couple months ago, Trump would win based upon 2 factors, at least one of which will be explained below in the context of his astrology chart:
1) Trump's chart compared to Clinton's, irrespective of present influences ("transits") rather based just on the "birth chart"; and,
2) My intuition regarding where the world is heading, because it needs to!
DISCLAIMER: I was not a Trump supporter nor is this reading meant to redeem him of his transgressions, it is simply a 'read'.
~*~ A natal astrology chart describes a person at a level of karma and potential. What we do with that involves many twists and turns throughout life, what one could say is a matter of "free will" interacting with, or acting up, "fate". (I'll be making a subsequent post to weigh in on my penetration into that controversy.) Thus I will be reading Trump's chart NOT from what we know of his life's unfoldment --of things done and said that have severely polarized popular sentiment about him-- rather I will read it from the aspect of purpose and potential that he came into this life with.
~*~ Trump is, at his core, a trailblazer who bucks the status quo in order to pursue, at a societal level, that which frees one of tradition in favor of novel, potentially liberating structures. He is by nature a detail-aware workhorse with a feel for the public pulse, able to learn, grow and prosper in the face of uncertain odds. He is driven to grow, is capable of seeing the bigger picture, has a strong sense purpose/mission, a sort of natural spiritual sensibility, and a desire to be of service. His single greatest challenge impacts his mental stability, and thus his mental health, in which he can get lost in fantasy thinking, confusing what is "real" (consensus reality) with how he envisions things as being. This results in being unwittingly deceptive. This particular dynamic of his is separate from but in a constant interplay with an egocentric character which, under duress, easily turn self-righteous with a potential for sociopathic 'flare-ups'.
~*~ Given his strong visionary capacity --which we've seen over the years mostly channeled into materialistic and egocentric pursuits-- and a root care and concern for others and humanity, within a unique set of circumstances that take him outside his own 'status quo' and 'personal tradition', he can be "enlightened" by a competing perspective, as long as it offers to fulfill the base intentions of his current one. In other words, Trump is NOT a lost cause and he IS "trainable", to direct his intelligence, talent, and will for a greater humanity beyond his own special interests into a broader, more universal field. How this can be done will be the subject of the next post!

I can't get too sanguine about how the election of Donald Trump is going to bring a lot of things out in the open when it's going to cause so much suffering in the here and now. Cis, straight white people (like me) can be sanguine about change and revelation and purging the bad because we are, by and large, not going to be collateral damage.

Will, I know you meant well, and I think the post you linked is a valuable perspective, and helps keep me from going too far into fear. BUT, I just talked to my neighbors who are Chinese immigrants - here from when they were children. The man was talking about how he didn't feel welcome in America any more, and how awful he felt that people like him - Americans! - were unwanted by their countrymen and women. I have gay and lesbian friends who are afraid for their safety, I have friends on disability who wonder if they are going to survive or be out in the streets.

I want there to be acknowledgement and healing and truth, but I can't get past the collateral damage. And I can't afford to be in fear because I'm one of those who is OK, at least for now, in America, and if people like me can't start the healing process, who will?

11 people like this

2 hours ago, Leela Corman said:

It's the entire country. Already I've heard stories of girls, wonen, and black and brown people being attacked, screamed at, and threatened in New York City, DC, Columbus, San Francisco, and Oakland. That's a short list. I'm thinking about how seemingly stable societies have devolved into genocides. I'm thinking of how to keep myself and my family out of a mass grave.

The same Florida friend told me she heard the n-word more in Connecticut this summer than she has in Florida. Yes, this kind of thing is all over the country. I have been reading up on how to help people who are being harassed and abused, like this

http://www.themarysue.com/bystanders-harassment-guide/

I live in a very diverse, very middle-class area of Chicago. There are many students as well as POC and various ethnic groups and nationalities in my building. That's part of why I bought a condo here because the people here were representative of everyone. Given a choice, which I had, I didn't want to live the way I was raised, which was in a all-white community with 3 Jewish families and maybe 2 Hispanic families. I could have easily lived my whole life that way, as my parents did.

I will do everything I can to make sure this country doesn't turn into early 30s Germany. If anything Michael says about this is accurate, we are dealing with the world karma of what happened then. Maybe we can ask more about what that means, but my take on it is we get a chance to make sure that it never happens again. 

NEVER AGAIN.

Please know there are many people--more than half the voters in this country--who do not want the thugs to win this time. Yes, we all know it can happen because it happened 80+ years ago in "civilized Germany."  I am sure the hell not going to tell you not to be afraid. And we can also read about how people fight back. How this is stopped person by person. The world is much more connected now.

And yeah, I'm angry. I'm not ashamed of my anger. I don't think it's "bad" to be angry or afraid.

So much love to you.

14 people like this

I'm not an alarmist type at all.  In fact, I rejected any notion that Trump could possibly be elected.   Now that he has, I feel I have no place here.  We have contacts in 2, maybe 3 other countries that would be willing to help us leave.  My heart says leave.   I've been through a lot of personal sorrow and I have a toddler I must protect.  Besides, I've wanted to leave since my early 20s.  This country is far too chaotic for me.  I know there is no "perfect" place to go, but I have to try.

The most heartbreaking thing is my family.  They voted for Trump.  Leaving, would mean being apart from my father whom I love unconditionally.   He's providing us with so much help right now in the aftermath of the aforementioned personal tragedies.   The fallout would shake our relationship to the core. 

But I am a grown adult with a family and we are getting passports before the end of the month.   Leaving makes me feel like a coward, but I've been fighting my own battles for 25 years and just do not have the constitution for it.  Most of my friends are the "stay and fight" type, heavily involved in, and employed by large, pro-minority organizations.  I admire their grit.  

But that simply isn't me.  

One other thing I wanted to mention- the large amounts of deaths this year.  Not just celebrities- I've lost two close family members unexpectedly and two beloved cats.  Friends have lost so many this year as well...it's not just me.   This sounds fringe/whackadoodle, but I can't help but wonder if a lot of souls are reincarnating right now to be a part of this scenario.  Has anyone else felt this, or am I crazy?  

Edited by Erin
10 people like this