Janet

A Seth exercise

Janet    4,634
Janet

I've been slowly moving through the Seth session transcripts for a couple of years and am now reading sessions from 1968 (book 8 of the Early Transcripts series). I don't read this material continuously but pick it up now and then and prepare to be amused by how the material I'm reading 'coincidentally' corresponds to something in my life. 

Recently I came across the following exercise that Seth gave Robert Butts for allowing emotion to flow into his paintings. I found this to be a delightful exercise and have used it several times -- it makes me smile every time. I imagine we might need something to make us smile these days. So here is what Seth said.

Session 402, March 27, 1968

Seth

... as a helpful exercise I suggest the following: attach your focus of attention to one small thing. It may be a flower or a stone. Something however that catches your own eye. Imagine the energy within that object perpetual, but in terms of being endlessly alive and vital.

Pretend that the energy within that object is the center of life, so that the whole rest of the universe derives its energy within that stone or flower. Do this until you can feel that energy pulsate within the form of the object, so that the form itself is ever mobile while it retains the semblance, as in a stone, of immobility.

Think of the energy as radiating outward from the object, giving life to all other things....

• LIKE/LOVE 13

Timothy J Sullivan    753
Timothy J Sullivan
2 minutes ago, Janet said:

...so that the whole rest of the universe derives its energy within that stone or flower. Do this until you can feel that energy pulsate within the form of the object, so that the form itself is ever mobile while it retains the semblance, as in a stone, of immobility.

AMAZING! New theories of gravity/spacetime/mass/energy suggest that this "exercise" is actually the case. For example the work of Nassim Haramein & the Resonance Institute derives equations that show every proton in the universe is structured as a "black (w)hole" whose interior 'mass' in equivalent to the "mass' of the entire Universe, and that every proton is entangled with every other proton. And that the same 'entangled relationship' is true for every "whole" meaning every "thing" or 'material manifestation point' ...souls, planets, galaxies, etc. So, this exercise or meditation is way to experientially realize this 'truth.' 

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Janet    4,634
Janet

A new exercise! I'm nearing the end of the 9-volume Seth Early Sessions books. Yesterday I read that Seth said this:

"Now I will tell you, you have never seen the colors of a rainbow unless you have seen them from an out-of-body state. If you want to see the colors of a flower, or my dear friends, of an apple, you must get out of your body to do so. ... You have never seen what design is until you see a spider's web when you are out of the body. ... Your body is a very handy mechanism and I do not suggest that you step out of  it too long. However, as the earth's atmosphere hides the conditions in the universe from your scientists, so also do the conditions of the body blind you to true color and design. ... You can also develop along the same line in the dream state if you give yourself the suggestion that when you are dreaming you will see color truly and remember the colors you have seen."

I was thinking about this prior to sleep last night, and I don't remember any complete dream sequences except that I was repeatedly shown colors, almost as if someone was laying palettes of colors in front of me to review. I was shown color photographs of a few people in my past as well. 

In the dream state I remember marveling at how sharp and clear the colors were. Upon waking I tried to compare what I had seen in the dream with colors I could see but the clarity was gone. But it was enough to make me think I need to repeat the experiment. In fact, in recent weeks I have had dreams in which I heard rainfall and experienced smell and taste in the dream. I wonder if my key to achieving a lucid dream state is to experience and be aware of all my physical senses in the dream. Touch still to come...

• LIKE/LOVE 10