Living AS Essence vs Living FOR Essence

[transcript available below video, courtesy of Daniela]

TLEGG 2016

Living AS Essence vs Living FOR Essence

2016-10-02

Channeled by Troy Tolley

https://youtu.be/4sZJoOaLztk

We are here now. Hello to each of you.

As usual, give us a few moments to come through more consistently.

We understand the topic to be that of Living FOR Essence vs Living AS Essence or, as we heard, however you would like to arrange that phrase. [Laughter]

But what we will do is start off with a bit of conversation with you about Living WITHOUT Essence. Because you will always be Living FOR Essence and sometimes Living AS Essence.

And most of you are done Living WITHOUT Essence.

There is no such thing as truly Living WITHOUT Essence. That is an impossibility. But the Personality can forget to such a profound degree that it is almost as if there is no Essence and it’s difficult to remember that Essence exists in others around that individual.

Living WITHOUT Essence is a rejection of any higher part of you, any greater trust in a pattern that may be orchestrated by other parts of you. Rejection of Essence is a way to live. Many do it. Many get by doing so. But when the Essence is rejected it can tend to be quite shallow, superficial, sensitive, defensive, reactionary and navigation is based almost entirely on stimulation. If this feels good I will do this. If it feels bad I will avoid this. So when Essence is rejected you tend to navigate based on those two factors in your life.

Most of you are done with this. You will still go for that which is not easy, that does not bring pleasure, because you see a higher picture, a bigger picture, a greater context.

So we would like to say that none of you here that we can see live WITHOUT Essence. There is not--, this concept is long in your past. We do not see a rejection of Essence among any of you.

However, many of you live FOR Essence, and what we mean by this phrase is that you do the work that is necessary to be alive. You go to work. You search for resources. You feed yourselves. You endure your days. You endure your routines. You move through your years and exist as a physical being.

This is Living FOR Essence. You are doing the work of being here, at all. This is a necessity for Personality to sustain its existence in any kind of consistent form.

So to live FOR Essence is vital. And you do it. It is not an either/or scenario as Troy might have thought in presenting this idea for a topic. You do not live FOR Essence OR live AS Essence. You will always live FOR Essence because without you Essence cannot be here.

Everything you do, and this is quite important for you to comprehend before we move to how you live AS Essence, everything you do is FOR Essence. Everything. All of the most mundane. All of the simple decisions. All of the pleasures. All of the endurance of your routines and getting through. And your illnesses. Your headaches. Your body aches. Your ageing.  All of this is FOR Essence because you ARE Essence.

You are an extension of Essence. And while it can seem as if you are separate from Essence because you are here doing the dirty work, you will eventually, and we know this from experience and we know this from watching over many of your incarnations, eventually see just how beautiful you have been as a representative of your Essence in your life.

There is no one here who is not doing what we refer to as Good Work. Everything you have been doing feeds into what is most important or what can be taken from this life in some meaningful way FOR Essence. Even if you are still trying to figure it out. Or feel as if you’ve hit a wall. Or feel as if you are moving in circles. It does not matter. That is what it is like to live FOR Essence.

It may seem boring or it may seem as if there is no purpose or point. But there is. And reminding yourself that you are at the very least a representative of your Essence in all that you are doing is somehow meaningful, even if it only means that it got you to the next day of existence as you, as a representative in another day in this amazingly unique dimension of reality.

If you were not taught that there was something else so much more important or some vague purpose that you were trying to land, if you were not taught this in your culture and just woke up to your day as a being in this adventurous, wonderful dimension of sensuality, pain and pleasure, you may be able to wake up and celebrate that day a little bit more before it even gets started.

So we encourage you as our students to occasionally wake up and own your day as your own and take a little bit of credit for the hard work you are doing to be here, to hold yourselves together in this form as a sensory unit, a sensory point in time for this vast part of you that exists as Essence. You are unique as a fragment of your Essence. And to wake up into your day owning this and knowing how beautiful this is can change your days and cumulatively help you to feel as if you are living a different kind of pattern than a circle.

Now, one of the most profound questions that we know that we could ask of you in terms of giving you a sense of what it is like to live AS your Essence, and for a moment, each of you we invite to receive this question as profoundly as possible. Presuming that we are asking this of you as Essence, as a representative of Essence, with your Essence present in this room, through you as you: What if THIS is all there is?

What if THIS is it?

And by that we mean, the life that you have is exactly, deeply, profoundly who you are. You are not looking to be someone else, to find another part of you, to rise above who you are, to get out of your way. What if this is IT? Can you love this?

If this is IT, can you love this? Can you be this? Can you let yourself be this?

The reason we describe this as a profound question is because it helps you to gauge, when you feel the response to that question, how distance you are from Living AS Essence vs Living FOR Essence. You are doing all the hard work of being here, but sometimes you forget to bring in that dimension of Essence that LIKES being here, that owns being here, and is delighted that if it were to end tomorrow, it was worth it.

Your presence here at this gathering is one of the ways you live AS Essence. You’ve done the hard work and this is part of the gift that you give yourself. This is one of the ways you give a gift to yourself AS Essence. Living FOR Essence means, as we said before, doing the work of being here. Coming to something such as this where you get to be with those who resonate with you, to sit with us as Teacher and Students. This is Essence. This is the gift of Essence. This is Living AS Essence. You cannot always do both at the same time, and often you will be Living FOR Essence more than Living AS Essence, if you were to determine it using that language. But giving yourself gifts such as this is one of the ways that you live AS Essence.

However, it does not always have to cost so much. You can do this without spending any money, or spending any resource other than Choice. Walk outside and look at the colors around you. Look at the faces of others who exist inside this dimension with you. Look at the animals. Look at the plants. Take a walk. Anything that is in addition to the routines and obligations and endurance that you go through to be here FOR Essence. Anything you do in addition to that as a gift is one of the ways you continue to anchor Essence here and live AS Essence.

Do you understand?

[Response] Yes.

If you want to get to a point where you can say if this is it, this is mine. And saying that as Essence. This question does not imply that there is no more or that there is not more to do. It is simply that if you can get to that point to ask that question and embrace that moment and be OK with it, you know you are closer and closer to existing not only as a representative of Essence but as a host for Essence, AS Essence.

From here we will take any questions that you might have on this subject and see if we can respond in a way that is meaningful.

[Question] If I can phrase my question clearly. I’m very interested in uploading of experience to Essence. If you could speak a little bit about how this process can be enhanced rather than waiting until a later phase when there may be an upload of experience to Essence. How can that be done on a more consistent basis? If you understand my question.

Yes, we do.

Rather than waiting for the cycles that come around when the uploading, so to speak, inherently occurs, all you have to do is make time for it. This can be done through meditation, through active invitation to connect to Essence, whatever that might mean to you at the moment, and can even be done simply before bed. Just taking a few moments to sit and think about your day and, as cliché as this may seem, if you were to sort each day in terms of gratitude and appreciation, this does more to keep the flow of uploading occurring on a regular basis than anything else you could likely do.

It is not empty work to do this. It can change a life, in fact. To add to a day the time it takes for you to find SOMETHING, even if only one thing that you appreciate or have gratitude for. And this does not have to be in a way that is forced. Or simply listing to complete a list or to fulfill a routine. You must do this in a way that matters to you.

If there is nothing you are grateful for that day, then so be it. It may be a shitty day. [Laughter]

Those happen. [Laughter]

So the work of uploading can be done through that simple time that you take to see what it is you are grateful for that day. You do not have to write a list. Just take a moment to think about it, and that creates the circuitry that keeps that flow of information going.

Does this sound easy enough?

[Response] Yes.

It is surprising, now that we are on this side, how little we did this across our incarnations. And it is often surprising to you as well in your Review, how little you paid attention to what mattered in the life because you thought something else should matter more or could matter more or was supposed to matter more.

The reason this works is because when you do Review, you do not only look through . . .  simply to look over the life. You look for what mattered in the life. You look for what evolved you. You look for what can carry over to another life that matters. And while there is pain and suffering and struggle in a life, it is what you take from that, what you do with it that matters more than the actual experience of the pain.

So when you take a moment to extract the gratitude from a day you are doing the same work you are doing in Review, the work of extracting the gratitude and appreciation and what mattered in that life.

Next question.

[pause] 

No pressure. We will relax with you. [Laughter]

[Question] Can that gratitude and appreciation be for some, say, belief system that isn’t necessarily accurate? Would it include something like that?

Rephrase your question.

[Question] Well, say for like, someone who was religious or Christian and their appreciation or their standards for appreciation may be toward their God. Would that still apply?

To some extent, yes. When it is a programmed function there is little being done. If it can expand beyond what is expected to be appreciated and the individual can identify with meaning that which is appreciated, that it is an actual thing and not an imaginary being, then the effect does matter, does have a way of bringing more of Essence into the life and more of an uploading process for the life.

But if they are only showing appreciation for a vague presence that is defined by another as being a part of the life, then the effects are purely for the Personality’s amusement.

[Question] This question is going to piggy back Bobby’s because I was kind of thinking the same thing. So, I am usually always appreciative. But actually saying Essence, but I include it all, you know, my guides, my higher self. So basically I answered my own question. So I am, I mean, I don’t have to say, “Thank you, Essence!” But I’m saying thank you to the whole, I guess, to all who watch over me. Would that be the same?  

Yes. However, we do encourage each of you to occasionally include thanking yourselves. Not just the invisible forces that you represent, that you are a part of that as well.

[Question] OK, so I have a question. How can you, if you’re confronted, let’s just say the bulk of your day with others that cannot or do not show their Essence freely, how can you stay in yours? How can you keep your peace when no one else is?  

By minding your own business. [Laughter] By not hiding.

We know there are some whose lives require strategy in terms of feeling safer and creating a sense of safety in manifesting themselves on the terms that they feel they are. And that is simply a part of the work of that lifetime then.

However, whatever form it takes as YOU, one thing that can help is that, is to remember that it is not lost, it is not gone, it is not more of a challenge for you to hold that truth of who you are just because others cannot or will not or contradict that. It may be your beautiful gem of a secret that you carry around and only allow glimpses of. That is up to you. That is your choice. Or you can burst it forth and let them deal with it. That is up to you. It is your choice.

But unhooking yourself from the others around you as a source of your identity is one of the first steps that you must take to be yourself or to be comfortable in yourself. When you do this, it has more of an effect and an invitation to others to do the same and it is far more helpful and loving than to hide who you are and allow others to remain locked in their illusions.

We do not say it is easy though.

[Question] Just before this session, we had a nice talk, Michael and I, my fellow Scholar, and we were talking about the neutrality inherent in our design. How we are processing what we observe around us. The ability to see the ugly and the beautiful and somehow just see it for what it is before you, how should I put it, start working with it. Before you internalize it and make it your own. And I’m thinking about . . . the gratitude and appreciation that we express and about what. What I’m heading toward is this. So I really like everyday stuff, somehow. It’s fascinating, you know. I can’t really see anything that is boring or unnecessary because everything is about how I choose to deal with it. And at the same time I’m really seriously allergic to, “Oh my God! . . . .” Well, it’s not! It’s really not, and at the same time when it is not I have the ability to finally get to the point where I can see the VALUE of it. I mean, not feel overly heavy about it, or joyful. It’s not that I regret it but you know sometimes I could be without this shit. At the same time I can see what it brought you. And I’m heading to my question now. So, I wonder if you can see if my Essence reads that as some kind of appreciation and gratitude of what is going on in my life. I do have ups and downs and I swear and curse a lot but at the same time, you know, that’s the journey. But, I don’t feel overly emotional about it. Do you understand what I mean?

Yes. [Laughter]

First, Scholars tend to inherently have a fascination with this dimension anyway. It is often fascinating. Not always, and not all designs of the personality for a Scholar will find it fascinating. Some find it appalling. [Laughter]

But as you begin to live as Essence, you begin to find the extraordinary in the ordinary and no longer is the magic of this dimension some place outside of reach, but in simply running an errand. And communicating to one another across time and space. And hugging one another. And going to work.

There is magic in these mundane moments. And the Scholar may have a leg up in the fascination with the mechanics of existence, the mechanics of a day, the workings of existing. But all Essences, all Personalities who are seeking to live AS Essence simply need shift perspective and take a moment and recognize the magic in the mundane, the extraordinary in the ordinary.

And your term we will add to the gratitude and appreciation. Because sometimes it does not always feel good and the term VALUE is more appropriate for your list as you assess your day. You may not be particularly grateful. You may not have appreciated a certain experience in terms that feel that those terms are warranted. But you may be able to recognize the value, or to know and trust that you will find the value, you will create the value from that day.

Did we respond with relevance to your meandering question? [Laughter]

[Response] You did, Michael, thank you.

[Question] I have a clarification on Pat’s question. Can you find value in terrible events?

Of course.

[Question] Do we have to? [Laughter]

You do not always have to figure out the value of a terrible event while in it. Or while even in the life that had the terrible event. But there will always be value found in it. And sometimes you do not have the capacity or the strength to do that only as Personality.

So to live AS Essence means that you will naturally recognize or create the value in any experience but sometimes, and we say this gently and lovingly, you simply cannot. It is something that will have to wait. And it is only a burden to think that it should be expected of you to grasp the value. If you can, it does work in your interest. It does benefit the life. It does increase your capacity for health and confidence and safety and security in your existence.

But sometimes you simply cannot. And it would be irresponsible to expect that of you, of yourself. What happens when you give yourself permission to say, “That sucks and I do not understand why I experienced this or why it is happening,” is that you then start to make room for the time when you can make sense of it. Because you are no longer entangled with it in a way that locks you in a loop, but breaks that loop in a way that you can return to it when you can. When you can see more clearly. When you can stand more firmly. When you can hold more.

So, yes value can be found in EVERY terrible event but sometimes it takes a little more than a day to figure that out.

Did this answer your question?

[Response] Yes.

[Question] I’m going to piggyback on that and tie back to something that was discussed yesterday in the 7 Choices. Is it possible when we’re trying to rationalize or make sense of bad things that happen to us or devastating things that happen in the world, we were just saying maybe you can’t understand the value now but at least you’re creating that space? Is it possible right now with the Choices of TO SEE and the Choices of TO KNOW, maybe you can see ENOUGH at this moment but you really can’t see MORE? You can know ENOUGH. You know that it sucks, that it’s shitty or that people shouldn’t have died but you can’t see MORE. But you’re creating that space for yourself that eventually you will see and know MORE?

Yes. It is the difference between pulling the blinds on the window or keeping them open so that you can still see when something goes by that will matter. If you pull the blinds, then you have no more options to see beyond what you have seen. Keeping the blinds open, so to speak, allows you to at least keep the window clear for when or if some clarity comes.

Do you understand?

[Response] Yes.

Yes, sometimes you cannot see much from the window but it is better to keep the blinds open so that you can invite more information than it is to close it and refuse it.

[Question] Since you have the ability to review as you are going during a lifetime, are there scenarios where you’re finished and there’s really not much left to review once you’re on the Astral plane? Like really be conscious of the Review of the entire lifetime before you die.  

Let us rephrase the question to see if we are understanding correctly. You are asking if you have done Review through the lifetime and you reach the Astral plane, what’s left?

[Question] No. I’m saying, can you be so thorough and so aware during the lifetime and review as you go that once you do go to the Astral plane that you’ve already completed your Review?

No. There will still be a Review. However, when you have spent a great deal of the life keeping that circuit alive so that the information from the life, the extraction of the experiences and meaning, value, gratitude, appreciation are there already sorted, then the experience on the other side in the Astral is one of rejoicing in higher proportion to reviewing. However, reviewing will always be a part of the process.

[Question] It’s more like a highlight reel?

Very much so. [Laughter]

[Question] My point would be if you do the work more consciously and be aware of it and have my Personality participate in that.

Your processes of Review have great variation in how they come about. And as you are older souls they often are hilarious because the Old soul has, regardless of the Personality struggles within the lifetime, the membrane difference between Personality and Essence is so fine, so thin that upon death it is often very quickly if not before death your humor shifts to its natural morbid state. [Laughter] And you look back over the life and see the hilarity in even the worst of your adventures. [Laughter] We dare say that some of you with the most struggles have the most in your audience for Reviews of your life. [Laughter]

[Response] So it’s like a group event. So-and-so died and it’s going to be fun let’s go!

That is not inaccurate. [Laughter]

It is different for each fragment, of course. But many of you are old friends and quite often look forward to the mess that was a life and its beauty.

Let us ask you, and you can answer this however you choose, all at once or individually, but as you sit here with us, how confident and comfortable do you feel you are in being not just the representative of your Essence but that you simply ARE now your Essence at this moment?

This is IT.

[Various responses.]

That would make us cry if we had eyeballs. [Laughter]

Your biology response to truth through tears but since we do not have that capacity we will just say that it would if we could, but we still have a response that is moving to us. And to describe it in Causal terms may take another session. [Laughter]

We invite you to remember what was discussed here and to carry that forward through your days here that are a gift to you and a gift from you. And we will speak to you again in your tomorrow.

We will conclude here for today.

Good evening to each of you. Good-bye.

36 people like this

*bump* Transcript is now available in original post! Thanks, @DanielaS!!

15 people like this

Thank you for the transcript @DanielaS! :-)

5 people like this

I love this session more and more each time I go through it.  I have to say, this was probably my favorite of all of them and they all were great but this one.... wow!  :)

11 people like this

"But unhooking yourself from the others around you as a source of your identity is one of the first steps that you must take to be yourself or to be comfortable in yourself. When you do this, it has more of an effect and an invitation to others to do the same and it is far more helpful and loving than to hide who you are and allow others to remain locked in their illusions.

We do not say it is easy though."
Hah. THIS. And others will often also try to punish you if you decide to start living on your terms and not theirs and follow your own rules rather than their imprinting, too. 

10 people like this

8 minutes ago, Juni said:

And others will often also try to punish you if you decide to start living on your terms and not theirs and follow your own rules rather than their imprinting, too.

Yes, and this part can be very painful for all the participants, especially for you, who just wants to sing with Queen "I want to break free"... :-)

7 people like this

Fantastic session with great detail on this topic!

I particularly like video format, being able to listen is a cooler experience for me. Are there any other video channelings by Troy? I think it would be great to have more :)

Edited by NatalieP
2 people like this

41 minutes ago, NatalieP said:

Are there any other video changelings by Troy? I think it would be great to have more :)

They are so weird and fun for me to watch and hear!

Here are search results that can help you find them on TLE (I plan to have a separate video section in the new year for easy access.)

Also, there is my YouTube Channel where everything has been posted over the years:

6 people like this