Sign in to follow this  
Our Geraldine

What is Validation?

Our Geraldine

Originally posted on August 22, 2013

Opening up a discussion thread to discuss "What is Validation?"

One of Michael's biggest insistences is "Validate, Validate, Validate." But most of us have never been taught to validate. We really don't know what the term means. So, we scramble around attempting to accomplish something that is at best a vague idea. I've spent the past several years writing a blog, "Validating Michael," which in large part was just proving to myself that Michael was "real." Then, it was a matter of attempting to validate the accuracy of Troy's work. And, the best way I found to accomplish those two distinctly separate things was "validating channeled material" against my own history, which has proven to be quite elusive as there are arcs of experience across millions of years that are all part of my Instinctive Center.

Plus, I attend the Open Michael Workshops (OMW) which is continuously adding material that applies to me specifically and needs validation. Similarly, I simply have an ongoing awareness of statements Michael has said as they apply to the various belief systems of our world. If they are right for objective information, it gives them better credibility for the things that are more subjective.

The following is one of the many questions and answers about validation:

[Excerpt from TT: 2011-06-12]

[Brian_W] In a previous time it was mentioned that “Imagination is the highest frequency owned by a physical fragment and its use is entirely misunderstood by many, at least in terms of its use for “extra-sensory” perceptions.” Could you please comment on how we may better use and understand our own imaginations and dreams, differentiate them from delusion, and use them to create new options for choices in this world / parallel?

[MEntity]
The key to the refinement and use of Imagination as a valid resource for creating new options and choices is through the process of Validation.

Imagination will include a spectrum from the greatest potential to the greatest delusion.

Validation is the process of measuring a new feeling, thought, or action against an established feeling, thought, or action.

Internal Validation is vital for helping one to build his or her Personal Philosophies (truths), Relationships (loves), and Health (energy). External Validation is vital for helping one to share his or her Personal Truths, Relationships, and Health/Energy.

True Validation is when both the Inner and Outer Validations coincide.

Because Imagination is unlimited, the use of it can be a wonderful and dangerous process.

We will say that as long as your Imagination must be kept to yourself in order to be “true,” then it is probably leaning toward Delusion, and away from Potential.

We will say that as long as the majority of feedback from your outer world is contradictory to your Imagination, then it is, at least, still potential, which includes potentially delusional.

One can see why this can be “tricky,” as one fragment full of potential may have surrounded oneself with fragments who challenge the Imagination, in general, and this can lead to questioning or rejecting one’s Imagination, while another fragment might be completely delusional and supported by many.

However, we can say that the more one finds his or her footing in validating the Imagination, both internally and externally, the more one moves away from delusion.

We will say that a safe equation might be that one who has not validated the potential of the Imagination within, will either find oneself surrounded by rejection of the potential, or support for the delusional.

Response to original posting by DianeHB referenced this OMW that originally was members only: Validating your profile

Validation -- No Two Are the Same

This was originally posted as a separate item on February 4, 2010, but it fits within this topic.

Validation of channeling remains the purview of each individual. But few of us really do attempt to validate or even understand some of the processes that go into it. The newer we are to Michael the more we are likely to fall into head nodding agreement with anything any channel says unless something totally dissonances rather than resonates with us, at least after our intial period of skepticism. One of our cultural imprintings is to want to belong to a group, which means edging towards agreement regardless of understanding. Afterall, "all of them" know more and aren't objecting. Or, to get along, we must go along. Yeah -- not very conducive to real validation, is it?

The biggest issue I grapple with regarding channeling is understanding just how different each of us is--how our language, knowledge levels, beliefs, and imprinting filters everything that comes through us. Generally, we attempt to find all of the points of commonality about our humanity; so, this reversal requires acceptance of a myriad of subtleties. Even the statement by Michael that even the best channel on his/her best day is only about 80% accurate is suspect -- was THIS statement accurate? However, since it has been repeated via other channels, it likely is. However, parroting, whether it's unconscious or conscious, is a very real fact of human psyche; so, while I give it high marks, I can't give it 100% personal validation.

Just how different is our language? It is substantially different. Do you really think that Michael is totally up to date on American slang? That all is coming from the channel's personal knowledge base. Education, whether formal or self, is part of the basis for all of our language use. But the cultural milieu that we function in is an even bigger impact on how we choose words or understand them. I slide between using very precisely chosen words to sloppy slang. Some never struggle to find a precise word and operate within a smaller range of word choices, most words which have multiple meanings. Some are current on popular culture slang and some operate on slang from a bygone era (i.e., groovy, or cool). Most of us have adopted some multi-generational slang from within our families, but, MY multi-generational slang reaches back into the early 1900s. (Another aspect of being 65 is that my grandparents were born around 1890, which is very much a part of the Victorian period.) Plus, beyond education and popular culture, there is trade or business jargon. Words take on different meanings, sometimes rigidly precise ones, within the world of commerce. Add in the international flavor of the Michael student body, and it's fairly easy to see that it's far easier to assume commonality on language meaning and use than it is to prove it.

Michael has chosen some very precise words that he uses through most of his channels. They have precise "Michael" meanings. It's important for every channel and student to learn that vocabulary and apply it whenever discussing anything Michael. This can give all students a better point of commonality on the teachings.

Knowledge levels is fairly easy to understand as being a barrier to commonality, except none of us wear a placard around our necks extolling all of the things we do or do not know. Because *I* know something, it's easy to assume that not only others know it, or even worse, that it's easy for others to learn. Plus, due to the various points of clashing commonality, none of us learned precisely the same thing even if we read the same book, took the same class, or listened to the same audio. Not only do we not know the same things, we have varying levels of agreement with those things. Why do you think people argue so much?

Beliefs. Ahh, yes. Beliefs. Beliefs and imprinting really need to go hand-in-hand, as beliefs begin at our mother's breast and stay with us in some form or other until they put us into that old pine box. Many a major break in families occurs when young adults go through their 3rd IM and throw off part of the family belief system -- rebels think they have to discard ALL if any part of wrong and for many parents their own poorly examined beliefs shudder like a house of cards when any part is deemed wrong. But, beyond that, beliefs stay with us like CFs, forever swirling in and out of everything we learn and do. You may think you discarded one belief for a TRUTH, but, you didn't -- it's in there still to frustrate your logic and make you a hypocrite. As enough years go by, older beliefs can be diminished in power, but they still provide a patina to one's current belief system, even if in opposition.

So, back to the original question -- how accurate is any channel on any given day? But, beyond that dilemma, how accurate is the student on any given day?

For me, I've had to adopt a semi-fluid semi-tolerant sliding scale of acceptance and understanding in order to validate anything from Michael as being "highly likely, probable, maybe when I know more, channel's personality, good lord, where did THAT come from!!!" In fact why I quote Michael is to examine whatever he has said in an ongoing validation quest. I've found that re-reading books, articles, logs, quotes, etc., to be very effective as things that blew right over my head during the initial read are suddenly relevant and within the scope of understanding now. I like the use of the terms "resonate" and "validate" versus agree and disagree. They imply a scale of possibilities versus a wall. Strong agreement is just as big a barrier to an open mind as is strong disagreement.

Troy responded to this post with the following: 

Michael has clarified over the years for various students what is meant by Validation and how to go about it, and they've delineated it into 4 versions of Validation:

INTERNAL VALIDATION - deciding what is true for you based on personal assessment and experience, regardless of whether it's true in any other way

EXTERNAL VALIDATION - deciding what is true for you based on external feedback and facts, regardless of your personal truths, assessments, and experience

TRUE VALIDATION - when Internal and External are mutual

FALSE VALIDATION - when any truth goes unquestioned, or denies internal or external feedback, but is fully embraced

Michael then goes on to say that the ultimate aim is for True Validation, but that all of these forms are important at different stages and in different experiences of a life, even False Validation, such as those moments when a child has gone missing and there is NOTHING to grasp onto, internally or externally. False Validation is what Michael says is often called "Hope."

When life or experiences are in question, Michael has always encouraged our Internal Validation as our safety net, and that's because the more we learn to trust ourselves, the more honest we tend to be with ourselves, and the more honest we tend to be with ourselves, the more we attract support and create alignment within our external world, and the more aligned we become, the more that external world tends to offer feedback and facts that validate our internal world, leading to True Validation.

True Validation is the combination of internal and external reality that leads to a wholeness, and in that wholeness comes much more comfort and less threat in letting go of both the Internal and External factors that can't find a find validation in both directions.

Keeping in mind the 3 Degrees of Truth (Personal, Planetary, and Universal), you can see that the validation process allows room for all truths.

Michael says that the key to Validation is in the understanding of how you've come to the conclusion that something is true, and how you allow that to change, if necessary, and that validation is not really a matter of whether it's "really" true, or not.

There's a lot more to it than this, because they then go into what tests and processes we can use for Internal, External, and True Validation, but I'll post that another day...

My internal validation says I'm exhausted and my external validation shows it's after 5am... so my True Validation is that I should get to bed. lol

Edited by Our Geraldine
  • LIKE/LOVE 8