- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- The rice should be soaked beforehand. Start by cooking it.
- Prepare a baking dish lined with baking parchment.
- Prepare the marinade. In a small bowl mix up 6 tbsp oil, 3 tsp soy sauce, 3 minced garlic cloves, and a little bit of thyme.
- Peel and slice the celeriac into 0.5 cm slices and 1 onion either into 1cm sllilces or into wedges. Leave the other onion aside. Arrange the vegetables in the baking dish and coved in the marinade. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Steam some veg
- Finely chop the other onion and saute on a little oil until it starts colouring. Optionally add some finely chopped chilli. Add the beans. Stir and warm through. Mash up with a fork and adjust saltiness with ume seasoning. Add a little water or stock if required.
- Prepare salad leaves
- Serve rice, roasted veg, beans, steamed veg and salad leaves on each plate.
I like to add some gomasio (sesame seeds with salt) on my rice, or Tekka seasoning or Nori sprinkles.