Troy

NEW YEAR, NEW SITE DESIGN

2017 TLE SITE DESIGN  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Troy

Thank you, @Bobby and @Erick!! The Red Notifications seem to be much better. Now to fix the View All Notifications page.

Leela Corman

Looks great! I LOVE the photo of everyone!

Kasia

@Troy, the notifications look good to me! Also, I personally love the vibrant colors chosen. It's very you, and thereby very TLE.  

Troy
25 minutes ago, Kasia said:

@Troy, the notifications look good to me! Also, I personally love the vibrant colors chosen. It's very you, and thereby very TLE.  

If you click on VIEW ALL NOTIFICATIONS, you can see unread notifications will be highlighted, too!

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Ingun

@Troy  Now that I've tried the new site on my tablet and on my computer I notice that I have to scroll up to the top to check the notifications, previous I could see it at the top all the time. I find it preferable seeing it at the top as before without having to scroll or press page up/down.

Troy
17 hours ago, Ingun said:

@Troy  Now that I've tried the new site on my tablet and on my computer I notice that I have to scroll up to the top to check the notifications, previous I could see it at the top all the time. I find it preferable seeing it at the top as before without having to scroll or press page up/down.

Until I find or create a fix for locking the Notifications Menu in place, you can use the BACK TO TOP button that is, unfortunately, very easy to miss. It should work across devices. It's not great, but it may be helpful for now.

backtotop.png

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Troy
On 1/6/2017 at 5:09 PM, Ingun said:

@Ingun I hope it's not too clunky, but we've now added code that will lock the Profile Menu in place as you scroll! Let me know if this works for you. I'm going to leave the "back to top" in place, as well.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Ingun
1 hour ago, Troy said:

@Ingun I hope it's not too clunky, but we've now added code that will lock the Profile Menu in place as you scroll! Let me know if this works for you. I'm going to leave the "back to top" in place, as well.

@Troy It works on my tablet, even though it's far out to the right, and I have to zoom to find it, but on my computer it's only visible if I got to the top.

It is no problem, it works, but I just like everything that is simplified and does not need any extra moving.

Ingun

@Troy

Now after a few days of moving around here I like to mention that I seem to have this idea in my mind that I prefer a big picture at the "front page" of a website, like a welcoming picture for instance from TLEGG, but not on all the rest of the "sub pages", or in the Forums, Discussions, Transcripts, Blogs and even Library. I even think I did mention this in a post earlier somewhere, but I don't expect my ideas to be ideal or perfect for this site. But I just like to share it anyway because I think the top takes up too much attention and space with photos, especially when one is into the Forums, Discussions, Transcripts, Library, and so on. At the same time I understand the need or want for this, but personally I always seem to come back to prefer everything that is simplified, with clean, clear space, easy to read without too many distractions. I would prefer viewing pictures in a separate section because I like to choose what I want to give attention too, and pictures can be very distracting in an imposing way.

Edited by Ingun

Troy
15 hours ago, Ingun said:

@Troy It works on my tablet, even though it's far out to the right, and I have to zoom to find it, but on my computer it's only visible if I got to the top.

It is no problem, it works, but I just like everything that is simplified and does not need any extra moving.

What browsers are you using? It works perfectly on everything I'm testing. Tablet, phone, desktop, Xbox,  Safari, Chrome, Edge... it looks fine on mine (see image)

IMG_0190.PNG

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Troy
15 hours ago, Ingun said:

@Troy

Now after a few days of moving around here I like to mention that I seem to have this idea in my mind that I prefer a big picture at the "front page" of a website, like a welcoming picture for instance from TLEGG, but not on all the rest of the "sub pages", or in the Forums, Discussions, Transcripts, Blogs and even Library. 

I'll see what I can do.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Troy

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE OR HAVE TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH THE NEW DESIGN: scroll all the way to bottom of site and you can change the theme to the ugly, plain, default version using the Theme menu.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Evelin

Haven't yet used the site on my Blackberry (yes, I'm ancient) for anything other than reading and liking, but those work properly.
Firefox and Opera on Linux are fine, too.
Yet to try the Android tablet, will report if I find any issues.

Not going to bother to check in Windows as it runs in a VirtualBox on my Linux and I only use it for work, so I don't care if it works there ;)

Ingun
6 hours ago, Troy said:

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE OR HAVE TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH THE NEW DESIGN: scroll all the way to bottom of site and you can change the theme to the ugly, plain, default version using the Theme menu.

Thank you for the reminder. I love that I can choose :-)

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Bobby
5 minutes ago, ihynz said:

ummm, where is the library now

At the top of the home page, click on "The Teachings" tab and the select "Study Library" sub-tab.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

ihynz

oh wait, I am not seeing "The Teachings" tab, guess I'll try this when I get home ...

ihynz

oh, I found it, never mind!  one more question tho - how do you search the library for one word?  not seeing it

Janet

Just type the word of interest in the Search bar at the upper right corner of any page and press Enter. There is a drop-down menu to the left of the search bar -- you can elect to search the entire site or just one type of entry. I believe the library entries are referred to as 'Articles'. But I personally always search the entire site -- there is Michael content in personal blogs that is just as valid as part of the Michael Teachings as what is currently in the Study Library. 

Be aware there is a glitch in the search function -- once you've done a search, you might have to click the TruthLoveEnergy link in the upper left corner of the page to reset the pages so you can get beyond the search just completed.