20170218 MMW: You & Your Cause

• WARRIOR

MMW - February 18, 2017 - You & Your Cause

Hello to each of you. We are here, now. We can begin.

Today we are asked to speak on the subject of Causes as this is a year of Submission. This means our students may be sorting through a great wave of energy that is looking for a way to funnel action into effect for a Cause.

Submission is the process of determining how and where and when one is most effective.

Even if you do not have Submission as your Goal, a Submission year will tend to bring up the questions around what you stand for, stand with, and contribute in ways that benefit more than yourself.

There are as many Causes as there are individuals, so we will not focus today on the more acute form that one may focus on as a Cause. Today we will look at the underlying core of all Causes.

Causes can be found on 3 levels for an individual or group:

PERSONAL CAUSES - those Causes that affect your personal circle or sphere of experience.

GLOBAL CAUSES - those Causes that affect your current planet and its inhabitants.

UNIVERSAL CAUSES - those Causes that carry an impact beyond the current life and Physical Plane to affect collective paths across time and space and dimension. Some may see these as "spiritual" Causes.

Nearly every fragment who is in some way interacting with the world will have a Cause.

What we will share today are the 7 underlying core values that are behind every Cause.

Sometimes the Core Value, itself, is the Cause, but we differentiate between the Core Value and the Cause. This is because one Cause can have all 7 Core Values as part of it from those contributing to the Cause.

This why, when a Cause grows and more individuals are participating, you will find different angles from different individuals or groups regarding how to fulfill the Cause.

What we will share with you today are the 7 Core Values of a Cause, the Path to fulfilling that Core Value, and the symptoms of a misguided Cause where the Path and Core Values become distorted.

For this workshop, we suggest that you have a way to make notes as we deliver the information.

As we share with you each Core Value, consider where it would fall as priority to you.

It will be important not to emphasize any Core Value that you think you should, or that you think is better, but that you be deeply honest with yourself about what has mattered to you in ways that you know have moved you.

You may find that your Personal, Global, and Universal Causes have different priorities, as well.

Consider this format for your notes:

Organize your responses so that you have a "top three" set of Core Values, a secondary set that may or may not be of such meaning to you, and one Core Value that you know you do not have a passion for in any obvious or meaningful way.

AND/OR

Organize your responses so that you sort the Core Values among Personal, Global, and Universal. There may be duplicate values, of course, acress the contexts.

Remember - Personal Causes affect your personal circle or sphere of fragments and experiences. Global Causes aim to affect all inhabitants of Earth. Universal Causes aim contribute to the long-term course of your Sentient Species.

Many students may not have a sense of the Universal Cause.

Focus on the Personal and the Global if that is the case.

Regardless of what form your Cause takes, here are the 7 Core Values that fuel the actions serving the Cause.

We will begin with LOVE as a Core Value for a Cause. We mean this in the highest sense of the word in that the Cause seeks for unconditional affection and recognition of value for that which the Cause is aimed to help.

The PATH that this Core Value often takes is LENIENCY.

For a Cause fueled by Love, it is understood that many may make mistakes, require guidance, and even require various other Core Values to be involved before effective change is made.

When this Core Value or Path are distorted it shifts into ACCOMMODATION.

Effective change is halted or even reversed by the idea that Accommodation is meaningful in some way. It can be a fine line between Leniency and Accommodation, but the difference is that Lenience does not lose sight of the Cause, while Accommodation loses sight of the Cause in favor of comfort.

Next is the Core Value of CREATIVITY in a Cause. The Cause is fueled by a passion for something new, or used as a way to approach a Cause from a fresh perspective.

The Path this Core Value takes is that of ENCOURAGEMENT.

Creativity often requires cheering on, feedback, criticism, assessment, and a sense of progress.

When the Core Values of Creativity and Encouragement are distorted, there tends to be DESTRUCTION.

The next Core Value would be that of EMPOWERMENT. The Cause is fueled by a passion for increasing the capacity for choice and conscious choice.

The Path this Core Value takes would be that of POWER. This is a passion for obvious and tangible results in the present that have the most immediate effects on the capacity to choose.

When this Path and Core are distorted it shifts into HOARDING.

This is a process of accumulating and protecting power in ways that plan to be used in the future.

The next Core Value would be that of WISDOM. This is a Cause fueled by the passion for experiential knowing, applied knowledge, exposure, revelations, reveals, etc.

The Path that Wisdom takes is INFORMATION.

This could be called Education, as well, but it is a path that is about informing, teaching.

When Wisdom and Information are distorted in a Cause there is a fall into PROGRAMMING. This is a heavy reliance on pushing an idea without others fully grasping it, or a heavy reliance on hand-me-down concepts that have not been integrated, such as "this is how we've always done it," or "this is tradition," or "this is how I was taught."

The next Core Value would be that of JOY. This is a Cause that is fueled for the sake of expanding access to pleasure, adventure, play, fun, and the simple things that make a life memorable.

This Core Value tends to use the Path of HUMOR or LAUGHTER.

When Joy and Humor are distorted there is a move into RECKLESSNESS. This is when the use of "humor" is hurtful or when it is used intentionally or unintentionally as distraction from the Cause.

The next Core Value is one of UNITY. This is the Cause that is fueled with a move toward intimacy, empathy, drawing together, bridging differences, and resolving misunderstanding.

The Path that Unity takes is that of SAFETY. Safety is the Path of establishing boundaries, securing protection, and clarifying "rules" so that Unity can begin and grow.

When Unity and Safety are distorted there is a fall into COMFORT or ISOLATION. Either the emphasis shifts toward simply feeling comfortable or toward implementing full division.

The last Core Value we will describe today is that of PEACE. This Cause is fueled by the passion to resolve conflict, to establish a broad commonality in ground or direction.

Peace often follows the Path of NEGOTIATION.

When Peace and Negotiation are distorted, there is a fall into OPPRESSION/INHIBITION. These are external or internal forms of establishing false peace.

These are the 7 Core Values, their Paths, and their Pitfalls.

To discover your actual Cause, look at what you "speak up" the most about, or that you repeatedly return to as an issue in your world or in your relationships. You can use the terms above to describe what you find is a Cause for you, or you may have a more specific name for your Cause, but can see which Core Value fuels your Cause.

You do not need to share your assessment here, but we do encourage further discussion among you in your community.

We will open the floor to questions now - QUEUE IS NOW OPEN -

Yes, Rosario

Rosario: Can you elaborate more on Love and how it is different from Unity?

LOVE is about the recognition and honor of value in the existence of others, while UNITY is the bridging apparent and real differences that would otherwise divide.

The difference between Love and Unity may be slight, but they are very different fuels for a Cause. For instance, LOVE may fuel a Cause for Equality, while UNITY then follows up for helping bridge differences arising from standing on equal ground.

Do you see the difference here?

Rosario: Yes I do

NEXT, Bobby

Bobby: You said that we did not need to share our assessments here but would you be open to that so if we can see if we're on the right track?

We cannot "correct" your assessment in this case. Only you can determine what you feel passionate about, where you feel that passion, and what triggers or draws you to contribute in ways that benefit others.

With that understood, you may share, though we may have little to say.

Bobby: lol

Bobby: Go ahead with the following 2 questions then and if anyone wants to chime in with their assessments they can

We will say that each of you tend to specialize in a Core Value across lifetimes and that can be assessed by the correlation between Casting and Role with the order in which we shared the Core Values.

SERVER, ARTISAN, WARRIOR, SCHOLAR, SAGE, PRIEST, KING

For example, a Server-Cast Sage would *tend* to specialize in the Core Values of LOVE and JOY.

This speaks to larger patterns and should not be used for assessing the current lifetime.

NEXT: DianeHB

DianeHB: Could you explain the distinction between Unity and Peace? They seem really similar to me as well.

UNITY is the emphasis on bridging differences, while PEACE is the emphasis on resolving conflict. Differences are not the same thing as Conflicts, and even those with little difference can be in conflict.

DianeHB: Oh I see. Conflict is more action-oriented.

Consider what you have seen among our own Students.

Unity is quite high among our students, but not Peace.

Peace falls into Inhibition.

Both Unity and Peace have their challenges among our own students, but with Inhibition, or False Peace upheld over Negotiation and True Peace, most Causes among our students across the larger community are fueled by Unity, ignoring Peace.

DianeHB: Thanks Michael, that helps a lot.

NEXT, Johanne.

Johanne: You said :”a process of accumulating and protecting power in ways that plan to be used in the future”. Do you have an example because I don’t see what is wrong in keeping to use in the future? I was expecting something different

Johanne, you have touched on something important here as we wish to point out that a distortion and its correlating method are not always "bad."

When the distortion comes from within, the Pitfall can be "bad" in its impact and results.

When the distortion comes from without, such as when propaganda or lies or misinformation or even imprinting distorts the intent and aim of a Cause, then the Pitfall is a kind of necessary safety net.

Hoarding may be exactly what is necessary for making a bigger difference at a later date when impact of benefit can be received more readily.

Maureen: Michael, would you give an example?

Hoarding can also be used by those whose Cause is distorted by themselves and then this Pitfall is used as means of gathering forces for overpowering, not for empowering.

Think of the difference between the Cause of North Korea and the Cause of Syrian Refugees.

Hoarding is used to shore up the distortion in one case, while Hoarding is a necessity against the distortion in the other.

Does this help clarify?

Maureen: Yes

Johanne: yes, very much

Final question: Peter

PeterK: My current Cause is exposing corruption and I feel strongly driven by the search for truth. I expected Truth as a Core Value, but it is not. So I'm puzzled, why isn't Truth a Core Value?

Maureen: Yes, I was wondering the same thing ...related to different Causes though.

We have two responses:

One is that Causes are always intrinsically entwined with one's Truths. Your Truths entirely inform your passions for why you devote to a Cause. Because Truth is in tiers from Personal to Universal, it is difficult to identify "Truth" as a Cause because you may have a Personal Truth that is contradictory to a Universal Truth.

To avoid this complication and relative nature of Truth, we chose WISDOM to reflect Truth in a way that is about exposure and experience.

If you feel "truth" is a Core Value, in this delineation it would fall into Wisdom.

Every Cause is some variation on Truth, Love, and Energy, but the terms we chose help to bring these into practical sense.

Does this make sense?

PeterK: Yes.

All of you have a Cause that is fueled by a Core Value and uses its corresponding Path, and all of you may have to navigate the inherent Pitfalls that arise from distortions from within or without.

But understanding this simple map of energy for fulfilling a Cause can help you to quickly check yourself, and know what may be required so that your Cause can be of benefit to others.

Continue your self-assessment and look at this set of Core Values for a while to see how you bring these to your days. It can be quite exciting to see that you may be a meaningful part of a Cause even as you felt you may not be making a difference. This can help you to see and know when and if you are making that difference and why. Good day to each of you. We will conclude here for today.

Goodbye, for now.

• LIKE/LOVE 22
  • WARRIOR
1 hour ago, Johanne said:

Hi Bobby:

a sentence is missing after @MEntity Peace falls into Comfort and/or Isolation.

@MEntity Correction:

@MEntity Peace falls into Inhibition.

Johanne

Thanks, Johanne!

I replaced the line you mentioned with the one I previously had there.

• 1 month later...

Nick, I was recently reading the same Seth book, and I interpreted what he said as being against synthetic hallucinogens, not against natural, Earth-born mushrooms and our fragrant flower friends. Best not to overdo, of course. I agree with Seth, I don't think LSD is really safe and I personally would not risk it , but as for the others in moderation and not as a crutch, probably fine:) 

My mother had a severe reaction to LSD as a teenager in the 60s, suffering horrible depersonalization effects that lasted for months, where her life didn't seem real. Really damaging experience.

Scary, negative effects from mushrooms can happen, but nothing like this, so severe and long-lasting as what happened to my mother. Usually negative effects from mushrooms don't linger like that, thankfully.

Edited by Rachel
  • LIKE/LOVE 2
PPLD
On 21/03/2017 at 5:00 PM, Rachel said:

Nick, I was recently reading the same Seth book, and I interpreted what he said as being against synthetic hallucinogens, not against natural, Earth-born mushrooms and our fragrant flower friends. Best not to overdo, of course. I agree with Seth, I don't think LSD is really safe and I personally would not risk it , but as for the others in moderation and not as a crutch, probably fine:) 

My mother had a severe reaction to LSD as a teenager in the 60s, suffering horrible depersonalization effects that lasted for months, where her life didn't seem real. Really damaging experience.

Scary, negative effects from mushrooms can happen, but nothing like this, so severe and long-lasting as what happened to my mother. Usually negative effects from mushrooms don't linger like that, thankfully.

Rachel...  Were you thinking about commenting on the Transcending Ego Workshop? :)

• 5 weeks later...
Luciana Flora

I'm definitely going to ask about this in my next POF. I can not identify any cause in me.

Which is strange especially considering my role. Michael speaks as if everyone has some cause. I still think I do not have it. I am going to ask if it is possible for a person not to have a cause .;