Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy

BLOG VS BLOG ENTRY

There is a difference between "Blog" and "Blog Entry." A Blog contains Blog Entries. You can create multiple Blogs, and then fill each with Blog Entries according to the theme of the Blog. For instance, you might want to have a Dream Blog, a Video Blog, a Private Sessions Blog, a Personal Journal Blog, a My Channeling Blog, etc.

 

NOTE: NEW FEATURE - BLOG CATEGORIES: A new feature has come to Blogs that allows you to create categories for your blog entries. This means you can create a GENERAL Category, DREAMS Category, PRIVATE SESSIONS Category, etc. Not only does this allow you to sort your personal blogs better, but it also allows others to sort through your entries based on themes, if they wish.

 

INDIVIDUAL VS COMMUNITY BLOGS

In addition to your own blogs that you create for yourself, you can also join or create GROUP blogs, or community blogs. These are blogs to which others can contribute. For example, I created a blog called Community Dream Journal for everyone to use to add blog entries that record dreams. This will be fascinating to look through over time and see if we share in any patterns.

 

+CREATE

You will see that the top of every page a quick menu for creating various contributions. If you use this menu, you can only create a BLOG ENTRY. From there you can add that blog entry to any community blog, or any blogs you have created for yourself. So you must create a blog for yourself before you can add a blog entry to your own blog. Community Blogs will always be listed under +Create.

 

HOW CREATE YOUR BLOG AND BLOG ENTRIES

To create your own blog or blogs, go to http://tle.forumflash.com/blogs/ or use the Blog link from the Main Menu

Here you will see an interface like the one in the image below.

A = create your own Blog (only use this to create the actual blog - not for blog entries)

B = links to blogs that you own or contribute to

C = create a Blog Entry (from there, you can choose to add your entry to any blog that you created or contribute to)

blogtutorial.png

 

ADDITIONAL TIPS:

From the landing page of any of your Blogs, you can MANAGE BLOG or ADD ENTRY directly to that blog from that page. You can also add/change your header image using the PHOTO link. See image below.

blogtutorial2.png

 

ADDING IMAGES AND VIDEO TO YOUR BLOG ENTRY:

If you are unsure about how to add images or video to your blog entry, look for tips about those functions in this forum

 

  • LIKE/LOVE 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy
51 minutes ago, Karine said:

I have a question regarding blogs. Back at the old site I posted every private session I wanted to share on my own blog. But, I see that there is now a community blog named Private Sessions Central that serves this very purpose. Should I post my sessions there, or on my personal blog?

@Karine, that's completely up to you! Some people have a lot of sessions they'd like to archive in their own way, and that's great!

  • LIKE/LOVE 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I wanted to ask a related question - if I want to post a private session whose topic relates to an existing Forum, should that private session go in the Forum or in a Blog? (Ie, are the forums for discussion only, or also for transcript posting?) Eg, if I had a session that dealt with Chief Features, could that be posted in the Chief Negative Features forum under Basic Teachings?

  • LIKE/LOVE 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy
11 hours ago, ViP said:

I wanted to ask a related question - if I want to post a private session whose topic relates to an existing Forum, should that private session go in the Forum or in a Blog? (Ie, are the forums for discussion only, or also for transcript posting?) Eg, if I had a session that dealt with Chief Features, could that be posted in the Chief Negative Features forum under Basic Teachings?

That's a great question. Since the site has great search functions, as long as you title and tag an entry to a blog or forum, search should find it, so you could post it anywhere you feel is best. But here is what I'd do as a "rule of thumb" for myself. I'd post my private sessions to wherever I'd like those to be posted as my personal collection (either my own blog, or the community blog), then post any excerpts to the relevant forum with a link back to my original blog entry. If there is no excerpt because the entire transcript is a topic, I'd be fine with posting in both places. I know it might sound redundant, but since we can filter out searching through "blogs" or through "forums," it would be good to find it in either place if the topic is being searched. But my final consideration would be whether the entry is general enough of a topic that it doesn't really warrant being in a private session post (even if it was a private session) since the session might already have been intended for contributing to the public material. Then I'd just post it to a relevant forum for discussion. Hope that all made sense!

  • LIKE/LOVE 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Troy said:

That's a great question. Since the site has great search functions, as long as you title and tag an entry to a blog or forum, search should find it, so you could post it anywhere you feel is best. But here is what I'd do as a "rule of thumb" for myself. I'd post my private sessions to wherever I'd like those to be posted as my personal collection (either my own blog, or the community blog), then post any excerpts to the relevant forum with a link back to my original blog entry. If there is no excerpt because the entire transcript is a topic, I'd be fine with posting in both places. I know it might sound redundant, but since we can filter out searching through "blogs" or through "forums," it would be good to find it in either place if the topic is being searched. But my final consideration would be whether the entry is general enough of a topic that it doesn't really warrant being in a private session post (even if it was a private session) since the session might already have been intended for contributing to the public material. Then I'd just post it to a relevant forum for discussion. Hope that all made sense!

 

Thanks Troy, that sounds like a very well considered reply :-)  I like it. I think I'll try that and see how it turns out.

  • LIKE/LOVE 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 years later...
Ingun

@Troy,after adding something in an older Blog Entry I wanted to Submit the Entry, but it didn't do so because this message shows up at the end there. But what is the use for this? Which categories is this about??

 

Entry Category Name Required


This field is required.

 

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Bogi
7 hours ago, Ingun said:

@Troy,after adding something in an older Blog Entry I wanted to Submit the Entry, but it didn't do so because this message shows up at the end there. But what is the use for this? Which categories is this about??

 

Entry Category Name Required


This field is required.

 

I ran into it too, as I was trying to post things in my blog.

 

I just chose to type in simple things that I thought describe the blog post, like "Overleaves" or "Essence and Personality", etc. 

  • THANK YOU! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ingun
5 hours ago, Bogi said:

I ran into it too, as I was trying to post things in my blog.

 

I just chose to type in simple things that I thought describe the blog post, like "Overleaves" or "Essence and Personality", etc. 

I thought about that too, but it seems so unneccessary since we already have tags.

  • LIKE/LOVE 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • WARRIOR
Bobby

It's something new with the updates that have been taking place. You just make it up to be whatever you feel it relates to such as Dreams, Past Lives, or whatever you want it to be.

  • LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy
13 hours ago, Ingun said:

after adding something in an older Blog Entry I wanted to Submit the Entry, but it didn't do so because this message shows up at the end there. But what is the use for this? Which categories is this about??

 

Oh, I addressed this in a recent announcement about the upgrade. I'm looking for a way to make this more intuitive because the developers did not do a good job of making it clear what they do and how they work. I'll update this HOW-TO to include a note about it, too.

NEW FEATURE - BLOG CATEGORIES: A new feature has come to Blogs that allows you to create categories for your blog entries. This means you can create a GENERAL Category, DREAMS Category, PRIVATE SESSIONS Category, etc. Not only does this allow you to sort your personal blogs better, but it also allows others to sort through your entries based on themes, if they wish.

  • LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy
17 hours ago, Ingun said:

,after adding something in an older Blog Entry I wanted to Submit the Entry, but it didn't do so because this message shows up at the end there. But what is the use for this? Which categories is this about??

 

UPDATE: I was able to edit the language near these fields to help instruct users to create and use categories for blog entries. I hope that helps!

  • LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ingun
On 9/10/2020 at 3:51 PM, Troy said:

 

Oh, I addressed this in a recent announcement about the upgrade. I'm looking for a way to make this more intuitive because the developers did not do a good job of making it clear what they do and how they work. I'll update this HOW-TO to include a note about it, too.

NEW FEATURE - BLOG CATEGORIES: A new feature has come to Blogs that allows you to create categories for your blog entries. This means you can create a GENERAL Category, DREAMS Category, PRIVATE SESSIONS Category, etc. Not only does this allow you to sort your personal blogs better, but it also allows others to sort through your entries based on themes, if they wish.

This helps a lot @Troy, thank you so much.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...