Troy

ALERT: We are replacing GROUPS with CLUBS

Troy

Hey everyone! 

The platform that TLE is built upon is advancing toward a major upgrade. This platform currently does not have Groups so I have been paying extra money every month for a third-party installation that gives us "GROUPS" or "collaborations." These never did work very well and are not very popular as they are clunky and tedious.

So I am happy to announce that the native platform will soon release an upgrade that includes what they call CLUBS.

CLUBS are (supposedly) far more user-friendly and integrated.

CLUBS will be full-featured micro-communities with their own galleries, forums, activity feed, Events, etc.

CLUBS will not (at first) have multiple categories in their forums the way the main forum does. Multiple forums can be added (each will have its own menu tab), but not categories within a forum.

CLUBS can be created by any member for any purpose, including hosting your own mini-community around your own work, practices, any interesting teachings, etc. TLE will reserve the right to reject any Club that may be offensive or inappropriate, but I doubt we'll have any problems.

CLUBS can be Public (anyone can see, participate in, all without joining), Open (anyone can see, but must join to participate), Closed (can see only in the directory, request to join must be approved), and Private (club not listed and members must be invited).

CLUBS can be set up and mapped as local to you so that your group can meet in person!

IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF A CURRENT "GROUP," please take heart in that the developers are looking at how to convert Groups into Clubs so we do not have to start from scratch! Crossing fingers.

CLUBS will be available "soon." I'll let you know when they are live.

Check out some of the sample screenshots below.

Troy

CLUB DIRECTORY SAMPLE

CLUBS 1.jpg

CLUB FEED SAMPLE 

Club Feed.jpg

CLUB MEMBER LISTING SAMPLE

Club Members.jpg

CLUB FORUM SAMPLE

Club Topics.jpg

CREATE A CLUB AND CHOOSE FEATURES

Club Features.png

CREATE LOCAL CLUBS

Club Map.png

• LIKE/LOVE 11

PPLD

OMG this is so GREAT!!!

Then I'm waiting with my Scandinavian Group until the Club upgrade is working! ( @Nicko do you hear me bro? Hence the delay! I planned it all you see! ?)

Thank you Troy!!! And I hope it also is a better choice businesslike. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Maureen

I love the cheeky reference to the "Most Special Club". Geraldine would have loved this. It's a great play on Michael's 2012 OMW session on From Special to Unique.   :jumping:

• LIKE/LOVE 4