Troy

The Trump Effect or Good News About Your Depression

NicholasV

I think there's a chance you've brushed against the "negative reptilian" aliens and are now on their radar. They have quite a lot of tools for keeping you repressed and disrupted. In my view, Trump is struggling in a power dance against them and when an individual tries to make sense of what's going on it's either too incomprehensibly dark, brutal, and insidious or it's simply too much and they can't process it in any coherent manner.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Troy
20 minutes ago, NicholasV said:

I think there's a chance you've brushed against the "negative reptilian" aliens and are now on their radar. They have quite a lot of tools for keeping you repressed and disrupted. In my view, Trump is struggling in a power dance against them and when an individual tries to make sense of what's going on it's either too incomprehensibly dark, brutal, and insidious or it's simply too much and they can't process it in any coherent manner.

So... this is your go-to explanation over the simple psychology of shock from a delusional and insane dictator's lies and deceit? I know you *really* want Trump to be your savior, but it ain't gonna happen. He's the monster. And even you have to deal with that.

• LIKE/LOVE 14

Evelin

Thanks you, Troy, for this.
I grew up in an insane Soviet society and I still think several generations after me should get therapy... so I'm not surprised to hear sane people in the US are feeling a bit crazy right now. Hang in there and keep your core intact.

• LIKE/LOVE 20

KurtisM

I'm glad we have doctors with a sane mind to tellk us this kind of stuff. Especiall for you to have someone guide you through the tyranny.

This explanation is what I've sensed as true all along. I get this mental image  of people scattering around like pack rats after hearing a loud sound.

• LIKE/LOVE 11

DianeHB

Wow, that makes a lot of sense. I'm so glad you're feeling better. Your doctor sounds great!

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Maureen

@Troy,what you said is not new to me, but as I read it, I sobbed. Somehow seeing it written out so clearly and compassionately moved me to another level of realization and closer to acceptance ...which is my Goal. Thank you!!  Many times over the last few months the image of STNG's Picard with the Cardassian, when he was being tortured, keeps on popping up. If you will recall the Cardassian tortured him with physical pain, misinformation about him and his crew, and by relentlessly trying to get him to say there were 5 lights instead of the 4 lights that were real. That's how I feel. I feel like we are being (or have been) slowly "tortured" by Trump, this administration, the Regressives, and frankly, anyone else who is so asleep they cannot see or refuse to accept what is going on around them, around us all, that is fucking with our heads and our hearts. Some days I'm even more pissed at the supporters and fans of Trump (and his torture devices) because they so obviously (IMO) have nothing to gain, and everything to lose, along with the rest of us. Here is the Star Trek episode I'm referring to. What is even more devastating, in retrospect (that we don't see here), is what he says to counselor Deanna Troi when he is back safe on the Enterprise. Picard admits he would have surrendered, and that he did indeed see five lights. That's the scary part about this episode. Troy, I appreciate you and I love you. Thank you!! 

Edited by Maureen
  • LIKE/LOVE 14

Maxim [memorial profile]
6 hours ago, Bobby said:

O.M.F.G.  1f631.png

17884007_1365142746875960_9032126776990852471_n.jpg

Hang in there Bobby.  We will extract the reptillian from your body before the point of no return!!!!

• LIKE/LOVE 13

Troy
7 hours ago, Bobby said:

O.M.F.G.  1f631.png

BobbyLaughAliens.png

So I ran Bobby's selfie through an alien-detector and now we know the truth.

• LIKE/LOVE 14

NicholasV

Maybe it is true there are reptilian aliens controlling everything, also maybe it's not true. ?

AnnaD

Troy I am glad that you have had this kind of validation of your SANE response to the INSANITY of Trumps government. It is like listening to a fellow old soul say, Yes, you are quite sane, you are a strong person in the face of this relentless bullshit, and your way of coping is resilient, healthy and admirable given the situation you are in. I am so glad that you could find this validation from the dr. She sounds great. To rest in the knowledge also that there are many people out there experiencing the same anxiety, depression, and insomnia is kind of a salvation for our peace of mind. Thank you for posting this, it definitely helps.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

PPLD

Thanks for posting.

We're going totally disoriented here (=the rest of the sane world) so I can't even imagine how frustrating everyday reality must be for you (all of you) experiencing the storm, where you are...

Your Dr chick is the shit!

Lots of xoxoxo 

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Miizle

This information needs to spread, it needs to do the circles in social media somehow.

Edited by Miizle
  • LIKE/LOVE 10

Troy
4 hours ago, Miizle said:

This information needs to spread, it needs to do the circles in social media somehow.

I think you are right. I'm going to post this to my Facebook wall.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Troy
4 hours ago, Miizle said:

Thank you for suggesting this. I did share it on my FB Wall and the responses are so grateful. I had no idea how important this insight is. I am so happy for my doctor's input. It seems so obvious, but until someone puts it into the right words, you can so easily miss these truths. Kind of like how the Michael Teachings rings immediately true and familiar, like you should have known all along. lol

• LIKE/LOVE 14

Juni
39 minutes ago, Troy said:

Kind of like how the Michael Teachings rings immediately true and familiar, like you should have known all along. lol

I felt like this the entire time when I read MFM for the first time when I was a teen. "Duh, duh, yep, of course, OBVIOUSLY."

Edited by Juni
  • LIKE/LOVE 5

Crystal

One of my close friends works at her city's SPCA and she says that they can't keep kitties for more than a few days - they are being adopted in droves. A man who works at PetSmart near me said that the rescue they partner with to display cats for adoption in stores ran out of cats to adopt. I think one way people are reacting to this fustercluck of an election is to run out and find a furry buddy to snuggle with! I live in a very, very, very blue liberal area and people are NOT happy. At all.

I'm glad you posted this, Troy - "in an insane world, the sane seem insane!*" and confirms what I've heard secondhand, that mental health professionals are up to their ears in people troubled by current events. I think it would be MORE worrisome if we were all taking this very calmly. I've been taking Ambien, which I hadn't needed in ages, to sleep at night.

I hope everyone here has the support they need.

*forgot who said this but it seems apropos

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Juni

I'm liking the adoption-fests, not the reason for it.  But that's lovely that so many animals have forever homes  now. I hope people keep them when things improve.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Leela Corman

@Troy Thank you so much for sharing that. It rings very true for me. I have a lot to say; mainly that whatever your issues, personal or historical, this election triggered them hard, and there are other things being triggered besides trauma here. For example, I feel less patient with males, on a collective level, but not personal. Like, I have a lot of love and compassion for the men closest to me, but strangers doing and saying things I might have been polite about - generally innocuous but annoying/entitled little moments - now make me just roll my eyes and snarl. I don't feel like falling back on the politeness I've been socialized to exhibit as a female. Just shut the fuck up, don't smile at me, don't joke with me.

Of course, too much of this and I'm just dehumanizing people. So I'm not indulging it hard, just observing it in myself. Thankfully I'm self-employed, or someone would be in tears around me often, most of the time me, actually. It's so much harder to be patient. And I was already having issues with that, due to PTSD, which mostly manifests now as subtle, very suppressed flashbacks and moments of having absolutely no fuse. I'm so grateful for my child, loud noise rock, working out, and Michael.

• LIKE/LOVE 4