NickF

NickF's Platform for 2017 - 2018: Compassion

NickF

YOUR PLATFORM for 2017 - 2018: COMPASSION

DESCRIPTION: This Platform Cycle appears to be about your Essence's interest in how you are giving and receiving compassion in your life, relationships, and events. It is a simple, low-key, and natural exploration, but may bring into question any areas where compassion has been ignored or diminished for the sake of convenience or ease.

PATTERN: If you choose to participate in this Platform, it would mean that you may begin to notice patterns where you avoid the work of compassion and now begin to feel a passion to change this. You may find that you have several areas that you already know existed, and you may find that you have a few blind spots that are surprisingly in need of your compassion.

INSIGHT: As you take on the challenges of compassion, it would do you well to remember that any compassionate changes require compassion, in itself. In other words, when one discovers areas where compassion may be needed but has been ignored, it can make one feel bad, guilty, overwhelmed. If you find any prompts with those feelings, use your compassion to help you return your focus to the value of effort over useless guilt.

KEY PHRASE: COMPASSION IS AN INVITATION, NOT AN OBLIGATION

• LIKE/LOVE 23

Maxim [memorial profile]

KEY PHRASE: COMPASSION IS AN INVITATION, NOT AN OBLIGATION

That is a good one.  I can feel like I'm not being compassionate and caring enough at times.  How is this for you, Nick?

• LIKE/LOVE 12

NickF

It's the same for me Maxim. I'm glad for this Platform as I want to be more compassionate especially in those blind spots. Hope you are well! :-)

• LIKE/LOVE 12

Uma

Everybody's Platform seems so right on. Just reading them is expanding, just hearing how Essence would like to participate in our Personalities and lives, gives me a real hit. Thank you for sharing.

• LIKE/LOVE 12

NickF

I agree, I like reading all of these.  It really does feel energizing to know the interest Essence has in our Personality. :-)

• LIKE/LOVE 11

Uma

I feel like there is a nugget of something for me in every one of these Platforms. Such a feast!

• LIKE/LOVE 9

PPLD

@Uma, I totally agree! Had to sleep a few hours and now I'm rereading with a fresher head and heart. Cannot help myself wondering what my Platforms were, before I remembered Michael this time and what Essence got out of them? It is a fantastic tool for conscious collaboration with Essence, and also for focused and deliberate study and evolution. A feast indeed!

@NickF, as a fellow Scholar I can agree on how important this exploration can be. I don't know if you recognise this, but I often experience a good UNDERSTANDING of these more inspirational, "soft-ware" concept, but it takes quite a long time for me to INTEGRATE them in my daily life. I have a great need to sort through imprints, False Personality pitfalls, I need to find an objective understanding of my own blindspots and the blindspots and imprints I am met by, in my rather logical, instrumental and non-attached "research". Once that is done - integration comes almost instantly and sticks. 

Enjoy your exploration and share insights, would you!

• LIKE/LOVE 9

NickF

@PPLD When exploration happens in a particular area, I've found that I need to immerse myself as deeply as possible. That seems to be how its always been for me anyway. What you said about needing to find an objective understanding of blindspots and imprints resonates, followed by integration with me as well. :-)

@Uma What I am always in awe of, is the consistent validation of these platforms and sessions from Michael via Troy. Reading a platform is Essence standing by our side with a loving arm around us. It's beautiful beyond words. :-)

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Maureen

@NickF, I see you using your tools of empathy and remembering (which are plentiful) to bring about more compassion in your life. Michael explained the difference between Compassion and Affection to me in a QRQP. I found it useful. I hope you do as well.  ॐ

MEntity:  The differences between Affection and Compassion are subtle, but the greatest difference is in the "work" involved.

MEntity:  Compassion is work. Effort is required.

MEntity:  Affection "happens." It rises up and embraces. It is an effect (noun) rather than an affect (verb).

• LIKE/LOVE 9

NickF

@Maureen That is beautiful, thank you Maureen. I am appreciative of your words and insight. Thank you also for sharing the explanation by Michael of the subtle differences between Affection and Compassion. I have been trying to be more aware of compassion every day now. I believe I'm making headway, though as Michael says, Effort is required. I now find myself welcoming this effort. My hope is to grow more aware in this, especially of my blind spots. :-)

• LIKE/LOVE 8

MichaelS

Following @PPLD I'm  reaching for a C1E4 Platform over-theme here? @RachelL has Humour, @Ingun has Simplicity, @MichaelS has Recovery and you have Compassion,@NickF

I'm going to push the boat out...my hypothesis is that E4 is looking at the means, opportunities and circumstances by which we find purpose in navigating the visceral Energy that is in the World just now??  Like 'how are youse guys gonna deal with your shit?' 

Just a punt. 

Edited by MichaelS
  • LIKE/LOVE 7

PPLD
23 minutes ago, MichaelS said:

E4 is looking at the means, opportunities and circumstances by which we find purpose in navigating the visceral Energy that is in the World just now

What can I say... Everything included IS indeed what's needed to navigate right now (if you want to stay sane that is...).

Very interesting observation @MichaelS!

• LIKE/LOVE 6

NickF

@MichaelS  It's a crazy time right now, for sure. I've been doing pro bono legal work in the area of tenants rights here in northern California. It gives me a purpose to help others and allows, hopefully, for an increased application of Compassion. 

Though I seem to be the only one listed in the Platforms from C1 E6, I do appreciate solidarity with C1 E4 and all my Entity neighbors. ;-) 

• LIKE/LOVE 6

MichaelS
5 hours ago, NickF said:

@MichaelS  It's a crazy time right now, for sure. I've been doing pro bono legal work in the area of tenants rights here in northern California. It gives me a purpose to help others and allows, hopefully, for an increased application of Compassion. 

Though I seem to be the only one listed in the Platforms from C1 E6, I do appreciate solidarity with C1 E4 and all my Entity neighbors. ;-) 

Ha! Shoulda double checked. I knew there was a link between us but it's O4 not E4  ? But we're all in the same Club, my friend. C1E6 is my son Jon's Entity, so I feel at home there. 

Edited by MichaelS
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

MichaelS
On 20/05/2017 at 0:56 AM, MichaelS said:

Following @PPLD I'm  reaching for a C1E4 Platform over-theme here? @RachelL has Humour, @Ingun has Simplicity, @MichaelS has Recovery and you have Compassion,@NickF

I'm going to push the boat out...my hypothesis is that E4 is looking at the means, opportunities and circumstances by which we find purpose in navigating the visceral Energy that is in the World just now??  Like 'how are youse guys gonna deal with your shit?' 

Just a punt. 

@Maxim! Apologies. I couldn't find your Platform for 2017-18 but now I have it.

You wise Old Bird, you are reviewing and sifting, too. Your theme of 'Completion' doesn't seem out of place with your fellow E4's. 

• LIKE/LOVE 1