Leela Corman

How Do You Tell Who Your Entity Mates Are?

Leela Corman

Since this came up in a comment on a thread elsewhere here, I'd love to hear from the rest of you how you figure out when you're meeting an entity mate, both in person and online, since we so often find friends online these days.

I'm C1E2 and I have definite feelings about my entity mates when I meet them. But I am having a hard time putting those feelings into elegant words; mostly I'm coming up with words that feel reductive and most likely not entirely accurate to every single person in my entity. However! I'm going to do it anyway, and hopefully people will add and share and expand, in whatever ways feel appropriate to their own entities and experiences.

I crudely think of my entity as "The Punk Entity", which will make no sense to some people. To be really clear, I'm using the term "punk" in its broadest creative, social, and cultural meaning. I'm not talking about mohawks and spikes. I'm talking about the very vast subculture that sprang from that, but is so much bigger and includes so many other subcultures. My close entity mates all seem to have a connection with this underground way of living, connecting, writing, publishing, making music and art, and creating living spaces. I feel like they all have a signature that I'm having trouble describing, is it a color? A texture? Man, this part is a little frustrating, because I feel like I have access to something really cool that I want to share but I don't know how!

The entity mates within TLE whom I've only met online, I've sensed a definite resonance with. It's like the way I feel whenever I meet anyone else who grew up in NYC in the 70's and 80's. We're like, "Oh, yeah. You know."

God, see how inelegant and imprecise this is? I mean, you may be a C1E2 person reading this and saying, "But this has no resemblance to my life and interests!" There are roughly 1000 of us in each entity, surely we don't all like the same things. This leads me to think about cadences and greater cadences, and to wonder if we feel those cultural/aesthetic resonances within those moreso than with entity mates who might be "farther away" from us in the structure of our entities.

This is a very crude beginning. I know others will have much to add and it will become more precise or at least more broad!

• LIKE/LOVE 16

Gavin

Hey,

I am very new here. I have not caught up on the more advance levels of the teaching. I have no idea about cadre or entity. However I do have people around me I have feeling could entity mates. They are all sooo different though. Hard to see how they could fit together to make whole except they just do. Empathically I feel connections. Whether they are entity, cadre or purely past life associations, I am not adept enough to determine. Something in me just senses something. Over the last 20 years I have been lost in the play. Coming to this site is me beginning to seek where I left off years ago. I am hoping to reconnect with the part of me that has that inherent knowing.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Bogi
On 31.7.2017 at 2:26 PM, Gavin said:

Something in me just senses something. Over the last 20 years I have been lost in the play. Coming to this site is me beginning to seek where I left off years ago. I am hoping to reconnect with the part of me that has that inherent knowing.

It is like trying to return home or at least retract the steps one has done over the years to find where it was left off.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Gavin
5 hours ago, Bibi said:

It is like trying to return home

Exactly!

Below is my FB profile picture

FB_IMG_1510093189786.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Bogi
7 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Exactly!

FB_IMG_1510093189786.jpg

Well, when I was around 11-12, I was very much into astronomy and the possibility of future space explorers and foreign life forms. I was quite weird. I was starring at the dark sky in the night and literally calling out "Please take me with you." Then puberty hit and I sort of learned to relate to my contempories. I became happier that I sort of fit in. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6

PPLD
1 hour ago, Gavin said:

Exactly!

FB_IMG_1510093189786.jpg

Oooor ... as Michael said to me:

"The Old Soul feels the distance between the life and Home and presumes there is a distance to go.

The work is not in coming Home, but in Becoming Home.

One of the last things to be understood and learned is that you never left. You are Home. You are an extension of Home."

?

• LIKE/LOVE 13

Gavin

"starring at the dark sky in the night and literally calling out "Please take me with you."

I used to do the same at around 17. Late bloomer maybe ?

Edited by Gavin
  • LIKE/LOVE 7

NickG

I know what you mean @Leela Corman. Fellow C1E2’er here. Now that I’ve met a couple more people from our entity I definitely recognize that flavor but it’s hard to define. Your punk comment resonated though! I’m trying to think how I would define but but the words escape me right now. I’ll get back to it when I have something in mind. 

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Heidi

C'mon guys, let's just admit what we already know: C1E2 is the "cool kids" Entity.  

Just kiddin'! ?

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • LOL 7

NickG
On 11/7/2017 at 10:04 PM, Heidi said:

C'mon guys, let's just admit what we already know: C1E2 is the "cool kids" Entity.  

Just kiddin'! 1f606.png

But really ???

when I got my first profile done years ago by Hoodwin on his site I remember reading about C1E2 and had that exact thought. At the time, I thought of the entity as the cool kids on the block ?

Edited by NickG
  • LIKE/LOVE 5
  • LOL 5

SharvariJ

I met someone at a Christmas party the other day who I'm pretty sure is an Entity Mate. She came off as cold at first, but eventually, we ended up sitting on the couch being asocial together and watching iZombie. I don't know what it was about this girl but it was the same feeling I've had with multiple C1E2 members. It's some sort of recognition of comradeship, I think? A sort of "I've got your back" guarantee. I was spooked by how much I trusted this girl instantly. She left for the UK shortly after New Year's, but I can say with absolute certainty that we would have become really close friends if she'd stayed.

• LIKE/LOVE 6