Role Prejudices and Stereotypes

petra

@Meg  It is "US", as long as there is, trying to appreciate "THEM" we are business as usually fucked! I have still to see the one Human that is not leaving some big or small unnecessary mess, no matter their Role. 

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • LOL 1
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Uma

• PPLD

• Luciana Flora

• Troy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me it was always Artisans who got my epic eye roll and exasperated sighs. When someone is flaky, scattered, demanding, entitled, making others do the work of thinking for them, ignoring instructio

@Troy I'm sorry, but the prejudices about Scholars are entirely true. I live with one and frequently have to tune out his monologues. ;)    Joking aside, I think prejudice is more about a co

I'm noticing that prejudices, stereotyping, and projection are kind of rampant in the Michael Community, in general, and a tiny bit of a problem here on TLE. I want to nip this in the bud and get all

Posted Images

AnnaD

One stereotype for me for which seems to be stuck in concrete, is my perception of young souls. I find them incredibly trying. Roles I don't mind at all, we all have negatives and positives, but the most intolerant I can be, the most triggered for me, is someone, normally a younger soul person, who hasn't yet learned Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. My family had that Norman Rockwell painting up in our house, and I was reminded of it, by my parents, my siblings, and others reactions, all the time. The gap between how I am showing care and attentiveness and consideration for someone, and they piss over it, put a pipeline through the garden of eden, rape and exploit your community, and take what isn't theirs. That triggers me no end and sends me spinning into my darkest sleeping revenge fantasies which dammit I am too mature and reasonable now to indulge in. But the level of triggering is there. I cannot stand young soul exploitation and values. I am triggered now. 

I went there didn't I. 

How I choose to respond to young soul "infractions", well it depends on the size of the infraction and if in fact I can do anything about it. I tend to not have young souls as friends, unless they for whatever freak of nature, demonstrate applied and intrinsic understanding of mature and old soul systems thinking, and Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I cannot handle much of the facebook posts coming from some TLE people who are American residents, who live amongst such obnoxious entitled young souls and their disregard for anyone beyond their own wealth hoarding and dismissal of people they "Other". Young Soul hideousness seems to be so in ones face in America. 

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 2
AnnaD

@KurtisM, Thank you! This place seems like heaven on earth. I wish I was there. I have no idea how I miss these transcripts, so thank you for opening up this for me. This gives me confidence (not hope) that some of us are wanting efficient learning. I would love to hear how the people in this timeline are then gaining experience from learning. 

I have posted on that blog so as not to hijack this thread.

Edited by AnnaD
more dense thought on the topic
  • LIKE/LOVE 5
Meg
On 6/2/2017 at 8:00 AM, Troy said:

CHECK IN QUESTION: Do you think having a discussion like this reinforces your prejudices, or do you think it is a practice in owning our assumptions and freeing ourselves from limited understanding or limited experiences of the Roles?

Totally helpful to take a look inside and see what's there.  Surprising and funny to see what's built up over time.  An update is long overdue!  Especially as I seek to develop some of the aspects of other roles in myself now.  Example:  communicating more (sage)!

• LIKE/LOVE 2
petra

@AnnaD  and  @KurtisM  I know we are sailing of here and are outside of thread. Thank You Kurtis for bringing up the Mentor Timeline.

As a Scholar-cast Scholar Anna, you fall in love with this naturally, it is the Energy 4. From our Energy-Ring 2, our Cadre 4 has already cycled off (Mentor, guides, counselors, role models), and in a way we miss their guidance, but now they are coming in as Transcendental Souls, and I can only wish it is affecting us, more than ever.

You know I was in health care most of my life, and I would truly be so glad, we would stop the jumping of a cliff method! Yes learning not get lost in the hustle.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 1
Meg
59 minutes ago, AnnaD said:

One stereotype for me for which seems to be stuck in concrete, is my perception of young souls.

@AnnaD You know what's funny, Anna?  I appreciate and am often amused (in a good way) by other SAs, even when it's a drag.  I've worked hard to develop ways to navigate and relate, see the resonances as aspects of myself.  Just saying, I worked a lot on it for many years, maybe feel like I had to because I'm a teacher (read: in America lol?)  But Troy's initial question on the thread here reminded me, my work on ROLES has really lagged.  I was checking in with it and was like, check, check, I'm cool with everything, let's move this forward with some new information and then -- wham, I come up with an internal block on just one role (and the role I've interacted with LEAST overall, possibly because of avoidance).  Interesting! Got next steps all cut out for me on this one I guess.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
AnnaD

@Meg

9 minutes ago, Meg said:

I appreciate and am often amused (in a good way) by other SAs, even when it's a drag.  I've worked hard to develop ways to navigate and relate, see the resonances as aspects of myself

Yeah I still have to find my way through this. I simply see young souls as they that compromise or sacrifice the work that I am doing. I try and keep a very clear boundary and keep it very very superficial with young souls. They strike me as rapers and pillagers for the most part. A comment which no doubt says a lot about my time as a scholar cast scholar young soul. I am not amused by them yet, more pissed off and passively vengeful and bitter, on a good day. 

Edited by AnnaD
  • LIKE/LOVE 2
  • LOL 1
  • WARRIOR
Bobby
2 hours ago, Meg said:

I've been working on my innate priest-wariness for a while...

Which is really funny and ironic, right?  Because you have Spiritualist as your Attitude which means you relate to people... ahem, like a Priest!   LOL  😄

Ain't the Michael Teachings grand?  🙂

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • LOL 4
Meg
1 minute ago, AnnaD said:

@Meg

Yeah I still have to find my way through this. I simply see young souls as they that compromise or sacrifice the work that I am doing. I try and keep a very clear boundary and keep it very very superficial with young souls. They strike me as rapers and pillagers for the most part. A comment which no doubt says a lot about my time as a young scholar cast scholar young soul.

Hm.  I'm sorry, @AnnaD that sounds hard.  Culturally in Aotearoa the stereotypical "young soul" traits are so NOT COOL too, or it's all disguised as just having ENERGY (which is still sort of exhausting to keep up with, isn't it?)  Personally, it's mature soul traits -- stereotypical and/or valid -- that I can find challenging and even a little exhausting at times, in terms of what I often perceive as an expected social PERFORMANCE around relating, sincerity, being in the "group," etc.   😄

• LIKE/LOVE 3
Meg
20 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Which is really funny and ironic, right?  Because you have Spiritualist as your Attitude which means you relate to people... ahem, like a Priest!   LOL  😄

Ain't the Michael Teachings grand?  🙂

@Bobby lol oh gosh I don't find that at all!  Still just one input, never that whole "Greater Good" thing going on.  Even idealists can sometimes seem to me like they think they know what's best a little too much sometimes lol.  Spiritualist just means you constantly see the POSSIBILITIES, like everything (even/especially relationships) has layers to it all the time, or there's always some horizon you know must be "out there."  It's like walking around as a mathematician or something.  The attitude can literally focus on ANYTHING.  Totally not priest-y at all, but it could put one on the same turf with a very different perspective I guess lol  . Thanks for the insight!  Spiritualists on TLE, do folks disagree?

• LIKE/LOVE 2
AnnaD

@Meg, yes, I know it is hard - my attitude towards young souls. But who else rapes and pillages for power and greed alone, at the expense of all of life on the planet?

I am generalising. I apologise for generalising, but in the mentor timeline that I have only learned of this morning thanks to Kurtis, in a global world population where the average soul age was mature 6, and a large proportion of still older souls, we wouldn't have such an exploited and raped planet, because in the mentor timeline our young souls would have had their tendencies to hoard resources and power curtailed, and channelled into actions that everyone "won" or "benefited" from. Our young souls in this current timeline are not led by older mature and old souls, so a young soul paradigm is very predominant, with its consequences of waste, greed, resource depletion, othering, and "us and them" outcomes. 

I know not all of them exploit/trash/rape people/animals/planet earth at such a criminal degree , but too many of them do. Especially in a world where the average soul age is young, and has only just come into mature soul age one.

The manifestation of young soul power at the expense of everything and everyone issue does my head in, and 

undoes what I and countless other mature/old soul vegans/environmentalists/inclusivists/resource based economy people/those advocating for zero profit sustainable planet earth resource use people are attempting to achieve. They undo our work, for the sake of "winning" or for their "own greed". I hate to see energy waste,  which translates in young soul success as "one who dies with the most (guns maybe in the USA) toys wins".  

Witness multinationals, businesses and institutions who benefit the 1% at the expense of the 99%. It doesn't matter how a young soul gets power, they simply want power without concerning themselves with the health, economic, social or environmental costs that everyone else pays for them. 

Witness Trump.

Witness the idiots in USA protesting outside of hospitals because hospitals and their healthcare staff busy caring for Covid-19 patients, are infringing their "rights". 

Witness mega churches and their crazy pastors/ministers, and their requirements of their congregation to tithe. Destiny Church in NZ is the same.

Witness Flint and its polluted water that has been polluted for years.

Witness NZ Prime Minister John Key who had personal investment in Fonterra (NZ Dairy monopoly) and promoted and enabled in NZ, dairy expansion at the cost of every alternative business venture that uses less land/water/energy/and doesn't murder animals.

Who does this? Young Souls who are free to rape/exploit/pillage, because mature and older soul age guidance is missing. Everyone learns, and chooses how to learn, I just wish that there were mentor timeline mature and older souls leading and teaching the this timeline young souls. 

I get what you are saying. It is a hard line I am taking, and I guess it actually applies to anyone from Young soul up to Mature 6. That is when all of the wayward chickens come home to roost and one is presented with ones reflection of what one has done, in the mirror without distortion. That is when things get personal interconnected and real. 

It is the outcomes of power/greed which is a mostly young soul theme, that I find hardest to swallow. I mainly fight back by fighting FOR a cause. That is where my energy goes. 

As for Spiritualist attitude, I agree with what you are saying, it is my attitude also. It is non denominational. It is kind of like a hub attitude (like Scholars are hubs for all of the roles), and things get real and logistical when you choose an action. 

Edited by AnnaD
more dense thought on the topic
  • LIKE/LOVE 3
  • WARRIOR
Bobby
1 hour ago, Meg said:

@Bobby lol oh gosh I don't find that at all!  Still just one input, never that whole "Greater Good" thing going on.  Even idealists can sometimes seem to me like they think they know what's best a little too much sometimes lol.  Spiritualist just means you constantly see the POSSIBILITIES, like everything (even/especially relationships) has layers to it all the time, or there's always some horizon you know must be "out there."  It's like walking around as a mathematician or something.  The attitude can literally focus on ANYTHING.  Totally not priest-y at all, but it could put one on the same turf with a very different perspective I guess lol  . Thanks for the insight!  Spiritualists on TLE, do folks disagree?

Don't worry.  It's not a "bad" thing but you will be relating to people either through Verification or through Belief and those are qualities of the Priest.  That is one of many qualities of the Priest that fall on the same vertical overleaf column.  But since yours is the Attitude, it is how you relate to people.

Overleaf Chart

• LIKE/LOVE 4
Meg
46 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Don't worry.  It's not a "bad" thing but you will be relating to people either through Verification or through Belief and those are qualities of the Priest.  That is one of many qualities of the Priest that fall on the same vertical overleaf column.  But since yours is the Attitude, it is how you relate to people.

Overleaf Chart

Sure, @Bobby, lol no worries mate.  But you must remember that the attitude is not congruent to a role-in-essence even when an abstract, gridlike correspondence is imposed as a convention (like cynic/warrior, pragmatist/scholar, e.g.), nor is spiritualist much of anything like a generic priest's two-channel input and outlook.  Perhaps the term "belief" is what's confusing here? It's maybe better considered in terms of science, not religion, imo. To clarify, here's a very good description from this site that I can validate ("verify") firsthand, check it out, that explains pretty well how the 6-y "inspiration" aspects actually operate in this attitude's approach to people, and the world at large: 

[lol -- stereotypes 🙂!!]   Enjoy!

Edited by Meg
embed link
  • WARRIOR
Bobby
10 minutes ago, Meg said:

Sure, @Bobby, lol no worries mate.  But you must remember that the attitude is not congruent to a role-in-essence even when an abstract, gridlike correspondence is imposed as a convention (like cynic/warrior, pragmatist/scholar, e.g.), not is spiritualist much of anything like priest's two-channel input and outlook.  Perhaps the term "belief" is what's confusing here? It's maybe better considered in terms of science, not religion, imo. To clarify, here's a very good description from this site that I can validate ("verify") firsthand, check it out, that explains pretty well how the 6-y "inspiration" aspects actually operate in this attitude's approach to people, and the world at large:  https://our.truthloveenergy.com/articles.html/library/personality-dynamics/attitudes/spiritualist/spiritualism-philosophy-of-the-immaterial-intangible-and-non-physical-r667/ I hope this helps.  Enjoy!

It actually is.  Michael once told me that to be fully manifesting the Warrior Role in the positive pole would be to be manifesting all of those qualities in that column in the positive pole.  I'll try to find the channeling and update here.

• WHAT/WOW! 1
  • THANK YOU! 1
Miizle

Young souls for sure are the ones who have ruined a lot for many. No question about that, and all those issues make me react.

But on a personal level, young souls don't push my buttons. I have avoided them a lot in my life, too, haven't needed to deal with them much. Was not imprinted by them or much of the young soul society. I know this is a slightly different issue about the young soul paradigm, but I know some other old souls who have grown up in young (and in part baby) soul imprinting, and they are very reactionary against things such as money or career as status symbol (and religion), and have to climb a long way up to not feel affected. Young souls really manage to provoke them by flashing their status symbols and they feel this angered compulsion to defend their own more holistic stance. To me that sort of stuff is just either ridiculous or even funny.

I once hung out for half a day with these two best-pal buddy young souls (or they might have been mature manifesting young), and it was just absolutely hilarious to me, how they were comparing their watches and cars. And because they were such good pals (that was really kinda sweet) they were spurring each other on not too dissimilar to the guys in Pain and Gain 😂 (Or at least how i remember that film, ridiculously fixated on muscle mass and in the middle of a crisis situation they would need to start lifting something and yell encouragement to each other. I laughed the whole way through apart from the few mandatory idiotic Michael Bay moments that he just has to put there in effort to ruin stuff)

It was like i was watching another species watching these two. And i was just sitting there laughing the whole time, and every now and again joining in in the conversation saying i don't give a fuck about money lol. They looked so genuinely lost at my comments 😂

To me mature souls are much more annoying. Not just the social performance that @Meg mentioned, but the overly emotional everything...... the exaggerated reactions, the need for drama and theatrics, the fuckin taking offense and staying to fight over everything in full-blown martyrdom.... Or the complete avoidance of conflict, the illusion they know what's good for everyone and that everyone has to agree and be friends and peas in a pod. Embracing all the differences loudly in words, yet, all peas in the same pod on the same platter together in harmony or else. And the godawful new facebook avatars, and hipsters and thoughts & prayers.

I probably have wrong and stereotyped ideas about soul ages, and when it comes to roles i think i only truly understand Artisan (my own role in essence). Sage (my casting) comes close but i always have to think about it carefully.

• LIKE/LOVE 5
Meg
19 hours ago, Bobby said:

It actually is.  Michael once told me that to be fully manifesting the Warrior Role in the positive pole would be to be manifesting all of those qualities in that column in the positive pole.  I'll try to find the channeling and update here.

Yes, I also think have seen them discuss role-in-essence (not attitude?) like that too, thanks, @Bobby.  Wow, manifesting ALL that sure sounds really hard,  are you going to go for it?, good luck if so! 

Edited by Meg
typo - missing word
  • LIKE/LOVE 1
Miizle
14 minutes ago, Meg said:

I think my thing is probably just, the end, another baseless and outgrown stereotype:  that at some point warriors just get tired of going out to fight the war that a priest's zeal has started

Time to let some Artisans loose, we'll come in as headless chickens n wreck it all for ya, and then excitedly build it anew into a skewed square that you can dance on upside down? Would that work for you? Why not? You're weird.

• LOL 5
AnnaD
25 minutes ago, Miizle said:

To me mature souls are much more annoying. Not just the social performance that @Meg mentioned, but the overly emotional everything...... the exaggerated reactions, the need for drama and theatrics, the fuckin taking offense and staying to fight over everything in full-blown martyrdom.... Or the complete avoidance of conflict, the illusion they know what's good for everyone and that everyone has to agree and be friends and peas in a pod. Embracing all the differences loudly in words, yet, all peas in the same pod on the same platter together in harmony or else. And the godawful new facebook avatars, and hipsters and thoughts & prayers.

Yes to everything here. It sucks big time (its on the record as sucking in terms of evidence of young soul environmental damage/capitalism/greed) that this timeline has no mature and older soul leaders leading the young souls. 

I judge people by their behaviour, and when I do not have time to cheer people on and build momentum for doing "good work", I acknowledge the person and try and show gratitude. Any soul age can choose a non pre destined choice, and for that I am grateful and I look for it. I also see the record of a global population where the majority of the earth population is young soul and mature soul age one. I am either a cheerleader or bitch. Bitch is coming out strong today. Actions will always form my impressions of people, I guess whatever those actions are. 

SunSand
On 5/26/2020 at 2:32 AM, Miizle said:

Omg... i can relate. Honestly, young souls dont seem to be a huge issue for me. As long as they are given an outlet or a challenge that does not include making everyone's life worse, they are totally manageable. Give them a carrot, they will chase after it with all the vigor and energy of a young soul all to their heart's content.

Mature souls however... I literally can only think of 2 who dont irritate me regularly. My god, the level of drama they either jump into or create to feel connected to some greater mission in life. My parents are mature souls. Granted bad things happened to them, but they also perpetuated drama in the name of family, which contributed to my childhood traumas. Sometimes a lot if it feels like a show or an act with a superficial understanding of the issues involved and a touch of arrogance. I am surrounded by young and mature souls and it feels so tiring. I feel so done most days. But I can still find some humor in it.

• LIKE/LOVE 5