Love is a Stranger -- Eurythmics

lulu

I am not sure if I am Mature 5th or 6th, This suggests 5th.

What do I love?

- Annie can sing really well. Contralto range.

- Annie can wear wigs

- Annie can act like any gender and any person, it seems.

- She doesn't take herself seriously, satirizes old tyme glamour, and makes a sexy monster

- I have synaesthesia and see aura. This song is magenta- my color. the song "looks" perfect. Aerobic loops look round and "feel" Very good to me, like a massage. Lots of nice shapes, for lack of better description.

- This video was banned in the US because of its gender bending.

I also love Cher's Turn Back Time, could you guess? I think the first time I saw that I cried. I cry a lot at really "odd" things. I don't get why but I like cher. Beatlemania!
Maybe this is all so Tired to people who lived the 80s, But I am an old fashioned person, maybe.

I was born in the 90s, so all this is new to me.
I never lived the 80s in this incarnation-- It looked so scary and beautiful. I love many of the Gay icons that came out of NYC and helped launch American drag and gay culture.

A new "Nixon-Reagan era" is here, and I feel OK as long as all sorts of people are pissed, we can dance together, and be ridiculous!

I suspect Annie Lennox is King King King all the way. I am staring to notice that as a woman, I am a magnet for envy and love female Kings. Katherine Hepburn was always a biggie.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

22 minutes ago, lulu said:

What do I love?

- Annie can sing really well. Contralto range.

- Annie can wear wigs

- Annie can act like any gender and any person, it seems.

- She doesn't take herself seriously, satirizes old tyme glamour, and makes a sexy monster

- I have synaesthesia and see aura. This song is magenta- my color. the song "looks" perfect. Aerobic loops look round and "feel" Very good to me, like a massage. Lots of nice shapes, for lack of better description.

- This video was banned in the US because of its gender bending.

I'm not sure where you saw it was banned? I remember seeing this video on various channels at various times. Never mentioned banning.

2 minutes ago, Juni said:

I'm not sure where you saw it was banned? I remember seeing this video on various channels at various times. Never mentioned banning.

You're right.
Wiki and it says it sparked a minor controversy in the US. 

• LIKE/LOVE 2

1 hour ago, lulu said:

I wouldn't equate your musical tastes to your soul age.  The older you get in soul age the more inclusive you become... the more beauty and resonance you can find.

I love Annie too.  She may very well be a king though from her compassion I think she may have some priest energy. 

• LIKE/LOVE 9

@lulu, it's very hard to guess one's true soul age. In this society dominated by young/mature souls, it is not an easy task to manifest the essence in a consistent way, especially before you finish your 4th internal monad. I suggest you get a standard profile channeled. Next, ask Michael the status of your internal monad, which I found to be extremely helpful in evaluating the phase of life you're in. Welcome and have fun!

Btw, you seem very Artisan or Artisan-cast to me?.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

2 hours ago, Cong said:

@lulu, it's very hard to guess one's true soul age. In this society dominated by young/mature souls, it is not an easy task to manifest the essence in a consistent way, especially before you finish your 4th internal monad. I suggest you get a standard profile channeled. Next, ask Michael the status of your internal monad, which I found to be extremely helpful in evaluating the phase of life you're in. Welcome and have fun!

Btw, you seem very Artisan or Artisan-cast to me1f600.png.

As for your suggestion for a reading, I am in for a reading this week, and I should follow up with that then.
You got me to read up on Monads, and thank you for that. 
I am pegged as Artist-Artisan, but I am always at odds with it; I am very into, as Michaelteachings literature suggests, seeing the artsy person as other roles. Going back to what you say, its a tough guess !
In my experience, fellow creatives are sometimes closeted cut throat jock personalities, under the beret. Some people with great imaginations want to dominate like a King, and throw really non-venusian tantrums as part of the process.

edith-head.jpg

Edith Head

@Maxim : Yes. In candid photographs of Lennox, the gaze is cool, detatched, friendly, and wise, and her smile is unhandingly soft for an action role. Performers mug a lot.  

Maybe we will agree to disagree.
I believe that each level in soul development can be skewed towards aesthetics, anthems and pretentions, activities. Some aren't gonna be into gender bending aerobics ballads like others.

Mature 5ths are the most dramatic age, in the 5th level expression. 
While we don't speak of art and music as markers in each step of soul age, I affirm that 5th mature is a place that characterizes people who want loudly expressive music, clothing and lifestyle and eccentricity. I bet they went a bit wild when Annie's wierdo mug flashed up on mtv.
But I get what you mean, anyone can enjoy a Eurythmics song.

Edited by lulu
  • LIKE/LOVE 3

2 hours ago, lulu said:

@Maxim : Yes. In candid photographs of Lennox, the gaze is cool, detatched, friendly, and wise, and her smile is unhandingly soft for an action role. Performers mug a lot.  

Maybe we will agree to disagree.
I believe that each level in soul development can be skewed towards aesthetics, anthems and pretentions, activities. Some aren't gonna be into gender bending aerobics ballads like others.

Mature 5ths are the most dramatic age, in the 5th level expression. 
While we don't speak of art and music as markers in each step of soul age, I affirm that 5th mature is a place that characterizes people who want loudly expressive music, clothing and lifestyle and eccentricity. I bet they went a bit wild when Annie's wierdo mug flashed up on mtv.
But I get what you mean, anyone can enjoy a Eurythmics song.

I think you have a more discriminating eye than I do and your observations ring true to me.   I have come to Annie Lennox only recently and I mostly like her later performances where she is more mellow and less dramatic while at the same time commanding though I did post a blog celebrating her performance of Walking on Broken Glass when it was first released.  When I said she seemed to have some priest energy it does not mean necessarily as her role but could be casting and overleaves.  Mainly I find it easy to feel a closeness to her and I admire her "good work" to be a force for things that more us toward a mature soul world.

Is it okay to guess?  I would say so (some may not indulge, at least out loud).  I believe guessing is a way to access the imagination... imagination being the playground of the old soul.  Try out overleaves and see how they fit.  It can't hurt to shoot for the positive pole of any overleaf even if it isn't "yours".

When you write: I believe that each level in soul development can be skewed towards aesthetics, anthems and pretentions, activities. Some aren't gonna be into gender bending aerobics ballads like others, it makes me think your goal is discrimination.

In her later performances she is hardly as dramatic and makes me imagine she is an old soul very much in tune with her life task.  Like me I can see she values inclusion and acceptance... the road we are all on and moving toward.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Lulu, I lived through the 80's and Eurythmics and Annie Lennox were highly influential for me.  The Love is a Stranger video, in particular was very much at the leading edge of the music video phenomenon.  I was absolutely captivated by this video - and still am today.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

19 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Lulu, I lived through the 80's and Eurythmics and Annie Lennox were highly influential for me.  The Love is a Stranger video, in particular was very much at the leading edge of the music video phenomenon.  I was absolutely captivated by this video - and still am today.

Cool! I love the culture of the beginnings of MTV, the proto to early music video. 
People were doing such fun things with newly acquired cameras, hi and lo fi. To me its a golden age.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

9 hours ago, lulu said:

I love many of the Gay icons that came out of NYC and helped launch American drag and gay culture.

You are probably from Cadre 1 Entity 2. ;)

• LIKE/LOVE 3

8 hours ago, lulu said:

Oh my. I will look into it!

I love love love Annie Lennox and I love this song! I was a teenager in the 80s living in an small farming community in Michigan and experiencing the music and "underground" culture at the time was as fabulous as it seems today. You have good taste. ?  There was no internet, of course, only small radio stations, local cable and MTV, and magazines imported from the UK. So every new music discovery was exciting because you had to work for it.

Check out John Sex from C1E2 if you like gay nyc icons from the 80's. I became fascinated with him because I thought he might be my son's last incarnation. The clues Michael gave me was it was someone who worked with graffiti artists in NYC in the 80's, like Basquiat. John started out as a graffiti artist and went into pop music. I'm still not convince he is NOT my son's past incarnation.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

5 hours ago, DanielaS said:

I love love love Annie Lennox and I love this song! I was a teenager in the 80s living in an small farming community in Michigan and experiencing the music and "underground" culture at the time was as fabulous as it seems today. You have good taste. 1f642.png  There was no internet, of course, only small radio stations, local cable and MTV, and magazines imported from the UK. So every new music discovery was exciting because you had to work for it.

Check out John Sex from C1E2 if you like gay nyc icons from the 80's. I became fascinated with him because I thought he might be my son's last incarnation. The clues Michael gave me was it was someone who worked with graffiti artists in NYC in the 80's, like Basquiat. John started out as a graffiti artist and went into pop music. I'm still not convince he is NOT my son's past incarnation.

Thank you! I am a musician. I checked out John Sex. He is really right in that cluster.

I can say that I watched a Klaus Nomis biopic, and it left me in very real existential grief.

I am a "sensitive" growing into it, and I have learned lately in life I can sense members of what I believe to be my so called gay-artsy soul group before they pass on.  

I heard goodbyes from Bowie, Prince, I felt the Orlando shootings in the gay club, Bernie Worell (keyboardist to Talking Heads), and Ken Morioka, a Japanese queer icon. They all to me fit in a box somewhere.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

• 1 month later...

This is the one song by the Eurythmics that I like. Love it, actually. First heard it in the 80s and I'm still fond of it.

The rest of their stuff does nothing for me at all.

I've found that this happens to me fairly frequently. An artist or band leaves me cold or uninterested but they have that

song that appeals or moves me in some way.

Edited by Sonny