Troy

TLE HUGE UPGRADE COMING SOON!

Troy

This is just a heads up that TLE will be undergoing a dramatic upgrade in features and functionality. Once we have made the upgrade, I'll let you know and any issues you find can be reported to the Issues and Bugs forum. I'm very very happy with many of the improvements coming!

Some of the upgrades include:

• Leaderboard Enhancements with Popular Contributors and Top Contributors
  •  
  • Richer Embeds - greatly improved upon our embedding handling, giving every type of content within every application its own customized embed style, allowing that content to be displayed however works best. This means larger high-res previews of Gallery images, a button to download a file right from the embed for Downloads files, showing a map for Calendar events, and so on.
  •  
  • optional Fluid Forum View - choose to shift the forum into a single stream of active topics rather than separated into categories and sub-categories
  • FluidMode.jpg
  •  
  • Editor Uploading Improvements - we're pleased to add the ability to drag and drop right into the editor, so you can drop your attachment exactly where you want it to show without having to add it afterwards. If your browser and OS supports it you can also copy and paste, either from the desktop or from other content on the web. This works for files and images.
  •  
  • Two Factor Authentication - opt into extra security for your account!
  •  
  • Gallery Improvements
  •  
  • Personlized Blog Sidebar - we have added some additional customization options for Blogs! The sidebar now features a space reserved for Blog owners to add a little further info, add links to social network sites, contact info, or anything at all they desire.
  • BlogSidebar.png
  •  
  • THE RETURN OF CLUBS! - Join, Create, and Participate in sub-communities focused on more refined common social ground, important causes and issues, dive into studies around other teachings and topics, etc. Create a group for local gatherings or online gatherings!

Four types of club are available:

Public clubs - Clubs that anyone can see and participate in without joining.

Open club - Clubs that anyone can see and join.

Closed club - Clubs that anyone can see in the directory, but joining must be approved by a Club Leader or Club Moderator. Non-club-members who view the club will only see the member list - not the recent activity or content areas.

Private club - Clubs that do not show in public, and users must be invited by a Club Leader or Club Moderator

•  

• TLEClubs.jpg

•  

• Reactions - They are here!! Greater non-verbal reactions to posts! For Desktop and Mobile!
  • Reactions.gif
  • Reactions2.gif
  •  
  • Device Management - be alerted if your account is logged into on a new device!
  • Delayed Deletes - never accidentally delete a post again!
  • DeleteDelay.png
  •  
  • Calendar Event Reminders - You will be able to set your own reminders now!
  • EventReminders.png
  •  
  • CalenderReminders1.png
  •  
  • Recommended Replies - Sometimes we may find situations where we wish the more relevant or informative replies to a discussion were highlighted to bring attention to a really great response. This is especially true when we might have dozens or even hundreds of replies in a single discussion. There will now be an ability for a moderator to "Recommend" a reply (or multiple replies) and even leave an optional note explaining why they think you should view that post.
  • LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU! 1

Uma

Sounds wonderful @Troy. This is already the best site, and these upgrades will make it even better.  I just love it here. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Jeroen

Troy, I love everything you have done with the site and for the community. Looking forward to the new changes!

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 3

NicholasV

Everything is looking super!

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Uma

Hi @Troy. I've not been able to find the Bookmark function on this new iteration of TLE. Is it still here? and if so, where? Every time I read a session that moves me, I want to bookmark it so that I can return. There is so much here, I often don't remember where something is, so I bookmark it.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Troy
21 minutes ago, Uma said:

Hi @Troy. I've not been able to find the Bookmark function on this new iteration of TLE. Is it still here? and if so, where? Every time I read a session that moves me, I want to bookmark it so that I can return. There is so much here, I often don't remember where something is, so I bookmark it.

The new, improved Bookmarks is now active. I think you will really like that you can now create your own private and public categories of bookmarks for easy reference later or share collections of bookmarked information with others. BOOKMARK can be used for any post or reply, and you can access your bookmarks under your username menu. 

• THANK YOU! 2

Uma

I just put a comment under Bugs & Issues because my old bookmarks did not migrate with the new format. 

• LIKE/LOVE 1

PPLD

All this is just so fucking amazing!!!

All this provides such joy and fun to the already lovely and valuable experience of being here.

Thank you for maintaining and constantly improving this beautiful Home you have created. ? ? ?

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1

NicholasV

TLE Daily is cool too. Don't have to always be coming to the site, can just check what's new in the news brief. 

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1

Troy
15 minutes ago, NicholasV said:

TLE Daily is cool too. Don't have to always be coming to the site, can just check what's new in the news brief. 

Oh good! It's working! Yay!

• LIKE/LOVE 1

NicholasV

Right on TLE! ☺️

• LIKE/LOVE 1